CHAPTER 4: Land.

Tropical Haven

yeah. i felt like a double update ^^ plus, im 2 chapters ahead so why not? :D

---------------------

He fell. He really fell. I screamed as he went under. I dove under the crashing waves and grasped his arm. It wasn’t raining, but the winds were strong. I could feel his body go limp and in the distance, the bright lights of the boat gradually disappearing. Maybe, I don’t know there was a faint yelling but I couldn’t tell. The waves continued to slam at my face. I was able to bring Yoseob’s head out of the water. Thank god I had learnt lifesaving, but the bag on my back plus Yoseob’s weight made it hard to swim. The cold water crushing against my body was torture. I continued to struggle to keep both my head and Yoseob’s head out from the abyss below.

I soon felt a bump against my head. I strained my head to turn around. The lifesaving tube! I had thought that red and white tube has flown away. With all my might, I grabbed on the tube and with Yoseob’s limp body, I pushed him so his arms were secured to the side. The waves were intense. I took off my bag and once again, with all the power I could master, threw it into the middle. I went under and gulped a lungful of salt water before coming back up. I coughed up the water from my lungs. I was having a coughing fit and couldn’t breathe.  My legs ached, as if I had sprinted a 5 kilometre run. I yelled for them to move. They wouldn’t and the pain in my lower back from when Yoseob pushed me against the wall, was like a gun shot. I never noticed it before but, I could feel much pain in that area. Maybe, it was the salt water but I had other things to worry about.

Yoseob’s body was still lying lifeless on the tube. I pushed the thought of the possibly of him being dead out of my mind. After my coughing fit, I was able to grab on the tube with my right arm. I paddled with my left arm and since my legs weren’t functioning, it grew tired quickly. I know the island is close by. After all, that island was the reason I jumped. My breath grew short with each paddle. After what seemed like hours of moving and straining my neck to make sure I was going the right way according to the stars, I could feel the winds slow down against the water. The wind felt more pleasant now.  I could feel my legs once again and, thank god, I could touch the sand on my feet. SAND! Sand, meant land!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You thought she was committing suicide, didn’t you? but, no she jumped because the island was near! and there is a reason why she jumped to go on this island.

If there are any unclear parts of the story feel free to ask! But, some questions will be answered soon. (: