CHAPTER 19: Shower

Tropical Haven

Note: Sunrise

I had a good night sleep after my breakdown. It was peaceful and when I woke up, I was in his arms. Yoseob had been holding me tight. He was hot. I wriggled out of his grasp and it was difficult. His grip on my body was firm but I managed to squirm free. The sun was just rising and the view was magnificent. You could hear the chirping of the birds as they wake up from their nests. The ocean crashed against the sand in a very subtle way. I stood up and stretched my entire body. My right arm reached up high and I leant over to my left side, then left arm reaching up high, and leaning over to my right side. Morning exercise done. I left Yoseob lying on the sand while I went in search for an area where I could have a shower. Two days without cleansing, my body felt absolutely disgusting.

I walked mindless into the jungle. It still was a wondrous. The entire jungle was green, but with tiny hints of a various colours. I know that in every jungle there would be a source of water and I was right. In the distance I could hear a light splashing of running water, and not the sound of the waves of the beach. It was the sound of a waterfall. I could have a shower! I jumped with glee and ran towards the sound.

This place was far more magical than the jungle itself. This area of water was an oasis. There was a small waterfall, depositing clear water into a miniature lake. It was about 5 metres wide? There were rock on both sides of the waterfall and a long rock lying on top of them. It gave room for standing under the waterfall for bathing. Exotic birds were tweeting and standing on the two rocks besides the waterfall. The sounds of birds and the splashing of water…so tranquil.

I began taking off my jumper and my pants, leaving me with my shirt and undergarment on. I stepped into the lake. It was refreshing. I began jumping around and splashing. I had never been in a pool, so this was the closest thing. I laid on my back, floating on top the watered surface. I could feel all the dirt and grime be removed from my skin. It was a pleasant feeling. With the heat from the upcoming sun, wind calming caressing the parts of my body on the top of the water and the whistling of the exotic birds, it seemed so dreamy.

I snapped out of the peaceful state and stood up. I began taking off the rest of my layers. I tossed them where my other items of clothing were and walked towards the waterfall. What’s the point of taking a shower if you’re not all clean right? As the water hit the top of my head and the rest of my body, I let out a sigh. I could feel the water almost brush away the fine sand minerals from my hair. I used my hand and brushed my hair. I should have gotten my shampoo in my bag beforehand but it didn’t matter. This feeling was incredible. I continued to brush more sand out of my hair, making a slapping sound as it hit my skin. I began scrubbing my body and hissing in pain as sand rubbed against my skin in a painful motion. It would be awkward if someone saw me right now, touching myself like this.

-----------------------------------------

now we all know what's going to happen right? so cliche --'

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <3