CHAPTER 24: PABO!

Tropical Haven

YOSEOB POV

My world didn’t go black but rather … blue? I could see the cloudless sky and feel the warmth of the sun rays. I found myself lying on my stomach. I coughed out all the water in my lungs. My stomach hurt from the seconds of hard core coughing. The sand became wet with the liquid coming out of my mouth. I didn’t get it. I didn’t get the rock. I punch my hands onto the sand, then felt Hana pushed my head towards the ground.

‘PABO! What were you doing? Are you trying to get yourself killed?’ she yelled but I couldn’t say anything. That rock was supposed to be a surprise present. It would have ruined the whole purpose of a surprise if I told her the truth.

‘I saw a fish and tried to catch it so we could eat.’ I pouted and kneeled up. ‘I’m sorry’

‘Yoseob,’ Hana said. She walked towards me and kneeled as well, right in front of me. She began leaning forward and I leaned back. Hana came closer to me and her head rested on my shoulder. I almost lost my balance as the weight of her head came upon my shoulder. I placed my hands behind me to keep me stable.

‘Yoseob, please, don’t scare me like that again. Please. You have no idea how much my heart hurts. I thought I was too late,’ Hana pleaded, her arms moving to my back. ‘Yoseob, you are the main vocalist of B2ST, you out of all people cannot die. Please, don’t do anything that may hurt you. You are needed.  Yang Yoseob cannot die.’ She removed her arms from my body and stood up. ‘I’ll take you to a waterfall where you can wash yourself.’ Hana began to walk to her bag, grab a towel and into the jungle, without looking back.

I followed her like a little puppy, about 10 metres behind her until we arrived at the place where I had saw her shower. I could feel my body go hot.

‘Here. Go shower. Don’t worry I won’t look,’ Hana said, expressionless and tossed me the towel. ‘I’m going to go find us some food.’ She walked off. Something was wrong. Though I had known her for around 4 days, I knew. I did something wrong didn’t I? I began delayering. My shoes, my top, my pants … leaving me in only boxers to feel the waterfall on my body.

HANA POV.

Again, Yoseob had almost died in my watch. The first time was shocking but the second? Everything began sinking in. I couldn’t stand without my legs shaking. Even walking, I couldn’t pace at a normal speed. I tried to regain myself but breathing. I couldn’t. I fell backwards and a tree stopped me from falling. The impact gave me a sudden pain in my lower back. I cringed. I pulled my shirt up to feel the lower back. As I touched it, a shot of pain zapped my body. I closed my eyes and covered my mouth to supress a loud yelp. Yoseob would surely come to me if I let out a loud sound. I ignored the pain and sprinted away.

When I reached the ocean, I went for my bag. I searched for a line of wire, bait and a hook. I found it on the side pockets. After, I went in search for a long stick. After minutes of searching, I had finally found one. I tied the wire around the end of the stick, and the hook at the end of the wire. At the shore of the beach, to the right side of the beach were large rocks, sitting on the sand. I climbing up and flung the fishing rod across the great ocean. I sat down. I thought about today. Yoseob had to go back. He didn’t belong here, not with me. I bet the world would be looking for him. Fans would be upset and B2ST even more. I would have liked to stay here forever with him but the reality was, I can’t. Tomorrow, I would build a fire to signal anyone and anything coming past. Then, Yoseob would be on the shore and me … I’ll ran away from him and he will be saved. I’ll stay here until; maybe my parents would come looking for me.

NO ONE’s POV

Sunset came soon. Yoseob finished his waterfall shower, and observed the fish being cooked by the fire. Hana went to have a shower once more. The time was awkward. No words were spoken to each other. They both slept on the sand both under the same blanket. Next to each as the night passed by.