CHAPTER 26: Come Back to Me, Please.

Tropical Haven

HANA POV.

I left Yoseob to take a shower but, I just broke down. As soon I was out of view, I just cried. And cried I did. I didn’t want to act this way around Yoseob. I loved him. Not because he was my bias from beast, but because I got to know him and that part of me, loved him. I hated myself for acting this way towards him, I didn’t want to make him feel worthless but I was the only way to detach myself from him. I am out of his league. Tears keep coming down from eyes, dripping onto my arms and onto the rest of my body. I felt so bad. Nothing ever turns out right. If Yoseob hadn’t gone after me when I jumped, I wouldn’t be feeling this way. After around 15 minutes, I stopped myself from letting any more tears falls. I wiped them with my arm and prepared for a shower at the waterfall. I took off my pants and was about to take off my shirt, before I realised that I forgot my towel.

I walked back through the jungle and back onto the shore. I found my towel, lying near the open fire and I began to walk back. I stopped. Where did Yoseob go? My eyes expanded and I frantically ran up and down.  I yelled his name but no response. I screamed his name and once again, no answer. I grabbed my hair and pulled. God, I couldn’t leave him alone for even 15 minutes.  NO! WAE hadn’t I realised it before. Yoseob wasn’t an idiot. Sure he had a child-like mind, but he wouldn’t kill himself over a fish.  Who in the world, goes swimming to catch fish? He must have seen something of value or something. I sprinted into the ocean. DMAN IT! WHERE WAS HE!? I kept on swimming, constantly ducking under the water to see him. I was about 40 metres from the shore line and still nothing. I swam a little further. I was now around 50 metres from the shore. I continued swimming.

OMO! There he was! Yoseob’s body was in the water, tangled by some seaweed. Adrenaline kicked in. I swan straight towards him. He was at least 20 metres away from me but as I swam, I felt no tiredness kicking in. Once I reached him, his body wasn’t moving. He was floating in the water. I was right on top of his body and grabbed his arm to pull. Yoseob wouldn’t budge. I couldn’t pull him out of the ocean. I dived down so I was around 5 metres deep. His ankle was intertwined with seaweed. It was hard to untangle him. Thank God for the adrenaline flowing through my body. I had finally got him released from the grasp of the seaweed and we both popped up from the water. I started tapping Yoseob, hoping he would open his eyes, any signs of life. He didn’t move. I started to swim at full pace back onto the shore.

I dragged his body from the waters. I started to pant from tiredness, my chest falling up and down. I had at least sprinted 100 metres with Yoseob in my arms. I looked at him. His lips were purple, his chest showed no movement. I moved his head to feel for his pulse. My heart stopped. He had no pulse. My body froze. He’s … dead. Yang Yoseob was dead.

For some reason my body moved without my consent. My hand was already on his chest, doing compressions. 30 compressions. Time for the mouth to mouth but this time no hesitation. I let in a deep breath and my lips touched his. They were so cold, showing no signs of life. I let out the gust of air into his mouth. One breathe, two breathe. For minutes, I continued doing CPR, though there was a part of me that knew … he was dead.

YOSEOB POV

I had entered the light and warmth filled my soul right to the brim. This place was so nice. I didn’t know where I was but everywhere I looked I could see white. Nothing but white but in the distance, I could see golden doors. I approached them I was about to open them when something popped out from nowhere. Though I could not the face, I could tell she was beautiful. A long white ruffled dress and wings of an eagle.

‘Look down’ she said. I looked and my eyes widened. From this place, I could see Hana doing CPR to my body and when she bent down and touched her lips with mine, I froze.

‘Don’t die! DON’T LEAVE ME! COME BACK TO ME! PLEASE’ Hana screamed. She continued to do CPR.

 I yelled at her. ‘I won’t leave you! HANA! I WON’T LEAVE YOU HANA!’  She didn’t hear me. I turned to the angel.

‘Please, let me talk to her. Let me go back!’ PLEASE!’ I begged. The angel’s head shifted downwards and I felt a falling sensation come over me. I was soon in front of Hana. I was lying down and I sat up. Hana went in to do mouth to mouth. I closed my eyes so the impact of her forehead wouldn’t hurt. I felt nothing. She had finished to mouth and went back to compressions.  I lifted my hand touch her, but it went straight through. Hana did show a reaction. She shivered and hugged herself.

‘Why am I feeling cold?’ Hana sighed and continued to do CPR on my body. She had been at this for at least 10 minutes. She soon stopped. She stopped doing CPR and started to cry. Her hands went to cover .

‘I killed him. I killed him. I killed him. I killed Yan Yoseob.’ She began shaking. I wanted to hold her but my body just went through her.  I too began to cry. I really am a burden to her. If she was found here with my dead body, what would the world think? I too, began to cry. Tear flowed down from my face and I heard a voice from above. I couldn’t hear it clearly but it sounded like ‘time is not up’ I felt something dragging my soul, I guess. I out for a second. Then, my eyes flew open.

--------------------

SURPRISE! one day early and its all good! Yoseob is not dead!. i had a feeling that would be the reaction, so i decided to finish this chapter today!  (: sorry for any heartattacks. *bows down*