Chapter 22: So we're good now ?

Should we be everyday ?

Hey, I wanted to explain my choice on Jihyo's behavior on the previous chapter. Your comments made me smile as I knew some of you would think Jihyo was selfish. kkk I loved that you guys had different opinion on the situation. So now I'll let you know mine. Of course each one can have his own opinion on it and I'm not forcing you to see the things as I saw it when I wrote it. So at first when Jihyo got the call from her sumbae she was happy. It's often nice to get news from people you haven't see for a while and it's also pleasing to see they haven't forget you. Gary sensed something was wrong with the guy as he said in the story "Why calling after 10 years exepted if he wants something". In the chapter I think that maybe it was wrote more in Gary's opinion than in Jihyo's point of view but in my head everything was clear and that's why I'm gonna explain to you. To Jihyo, that man was someone really important. When she was young they were hanging out together as close friends, she never felt something more than friendship for that ChangMin sumbae. He was someone really important for her because he was someone who helped her a lot and someone she saw as an older brother. It was good for her because she is the older kid of three children and the fact to be able to rely on someone older who's like your family helped her when she was young. That's why when she got news from him after a long time she was really happy, like a sister waiting for her brother to come back from the military service (I bet some of you are waiting for JongKi to come back, well it's that kind of feeling she felt for her sumbae). As Jihyo is someone often spacing out and she is also shy and introverted, she didn't paid a lot of attention to Gary when he was speaking to her as she was on the phone with her sumbae (yes it was her mistake, past this point she was wrong). But I can't blame her to not trust Gary when he said that man wasn't someone good and when he asked her to stop seeing him. Imagine, your boyfriend asking you to stop seing your brother or someone who's like your real brother in your eyes. She thought he was jealous and she was right because he was a little but what she did not see was that more than being jealous he was worried and mostly he was RIGHT. But she's human and she makes mistakes, in relationship it's not all white or all black, it's more complicated.

Why did she lend money, well because she has a good heart. My mom always told me: being a warmheart person is a quality which is not given to everyone, but you must be careful because as soon as people see that you're a nice person, they'll try to take advantage of you. The man took advantage of her, faking a story, she believed him and was screwed. Because of thoses misunderstood she almost lost Gary, well it's what she thought. When she realized everything she thought it was to late, she thought she had lost the love of her life for being to kind. Gary was also upset and cold toward her but thankfully they made up. Of course what else can they do when they're madly in love with each other... Down in the chapter you'll see them make the things clear about their relationship. Enjoy !

 

He woke up feeling a warm sensation on his chest, he slowly opened his eyes and saw her head, she was sleeping deeply on him, like literally on him. He was under her and she was totally on his top, her hand were on his chest, next to her face, her legs were tangled with his. He did not dare to move in case he'll woke her up. He caressed her back, and hugged her tight. He kissed the top of her head and she was still deeply asleep. He realized she must be really tired as she hasn't sleep a lot those days. And this was because of their fight.
Hungry, he turned her over slowly, putting himslef on her top, then slowly pulled his pillow in her arms to escape of her embrace. She hugged the pillow tight and he smiled at how cute she was. Quietly he leaved the room and decided to make some breakfast for them.
One hour, after she finally opened her eyes, she saw that she was hugging his pillow. She stood up and looked for him in the bathroom but he wasn't there, so she made her way toward the living room but there were no one either. She thought about something and slowly approched that door, the door of his desk. She knocked to the door and opened it. She saw his back and smiled, he was siting at his desk, writing and earasing things on paper also humming melody. She slowly approched him and back hugged him. He smiled at the sensation of arms wrapping his neck and as he felt her head leaning on his shoulder.

-"Slept well ?" he asked her and he felt her nodding on his shoulder.
 

-"Let's go eat, I made fried eggs and toast for you" Once again she nodded.
 

He stood up after she relised her arms of his shoulder. He took her hand and they walked together in the living room, on the table their breakfast was waiting them. They sat next to each other, still holding hands not wanting to split for even a second not daring to let the other's hand go because they missed each other badly.

They spent to day together, cuddling on the couch, hugging each other. Jihyo was particulary really clingy to Gary that day, she missed him to much and she scared that if she turned her eyes even for one second in an other direction he would had leave already. She was affraid of speaking about that again, even if she knew they needed a closure to be perfectly good. They enjoyed their time and it was already noon when Gary asked her:

-"What's wrong baby ?" he said as he warped her in his arm. She looked at him confused and he kept on:
 

-"I sense there's something bothering you since this morning but you're not telling anything so, I'm asking, what's wrong baby ?"

-"It's nothing oppa."
 

-"Hey come on, do you think that you're the only one knowing when the other is lying ?" he smiled at her and patted her back "Come on, say it" She looked at him, plucked up her courage.
 

-"Oppa, are we good now ?"

 

-"Jihyo do you know what's 'the myth of the Androgyne' ?"
 

-"No, what's this ?"
 

-"In the grec mythology, they said that people were made by two, a man and a woman were glued together because they were meant to each other. But one day, they tried to climbed in the sky and attacked the Gods so to punish them the God Zeus separated them and send them away from each other. That's why there is on earth men and women, before they were one and know we are two.

The meaning of being in love and looking for the right person, our harlf, our otherself come from that myth. You're my half, we are meant for each other because we are a match in even. That's why no matter how hard we try to break apart, no matter how hard are our fights and no matter how much we want to separate or to take a break, we won't be able to live without each other and we'll always and forever need to be together to feel complete."

-"Oppa that's...." she had tears in the eyes, she was moved by what he said and she felt in love deeper with him again if that's even possible. He hugged her and whispered to her "We'll always be good if we're together".

-"But oppa, are you still mad at me ?" she back off and faced him "For not believing you and you know..."
 

-"Aish, you're really ruining the mood, I told you something romantic to make you feel better and you're still asking for more, he pretended to be annoyed but smiled to her then became serious again and took her hand:
 

-"I'm not mad at you anymore. Truth is I was, because you wouldn't listen to me and because you were close with that man, so yes I was kind of jealous but what made me mad was the fact you were not trusting me about men's behavior..." she had an apolgectic look on her face.
 

-"But it's ok, you're my  MongJi, always in a daze and that's why I love you" he pinched her nose to make her feel better. Then kept going. "About the kiss... I know it was not you, not your fault, and even if I as burning with rage at that moment I wasn't mad at you, how could I, when I saw how hard you slapped his face after he kissed you. I was mad at him and also mad at me."
 

-"Why were you mad at yourself oppa ? I was the one being wrong..." she cupped his face, she felt bad and guilty, he saw it in her eyes and touched her hands holding his face.
 

-"I was mad at me because I fail protecting you. At first I was mad at you but when I saw your answer to my letter all that anger flew away and I couldn't wait to see you till monday that's why I came to your appartement, I was worried about you lending him money, when I came I saw you both and I wasn't mad at you that time I was mad at me..."
 

-"Oppa... I'm sorry don't be like this, don't be mad at yourself because of my mistakes" her voice started to shake and tears started to rolled down her cheek.
 

-"We were both wrong, but now we're good, let's forget about that. I love you baby". And he kissed her forehead, her eyes, her nose and lastly her lips. She responded the kiss and within it added "I love you too"

-----------------------------

-"Jihyo-ya" he asked her suddenly while they were eating their dinner.
 

-"Hum ?" she stopped eating and looked at him
 

-"You met omma, and now she likes you and all, last time you even went shopping with her" Jihyo nodded at what Gary said. "Then isn't it time for me to meet your family ?" he stared at her, she went mong (blank) after his question.
 

They stared at each other in the eyes, there was an akward silence. He waited her answer but as she did not speak he added: "You haven't told them about us ?" he felt insecurred by her silence.
 

-"Yes, no I.. I mean yes, my mom know about us and I guess she must have tell it to my father.."
 

-"Well, you know, you met my mother and you know most of my close friends, we're even living together now so I think it's time for me to encounter your family don't you think so ? I mean, I'm serious with you and I told you you're the one I needed and..."
 

-"Oppa..." she cut him off, "Of course I want you to meet my family my mom is actually waiting for that day for a long time now, but I always told her to wait more because I didn't thought you were ready as we never talk about that"
 

-"Really.... I thought that maybe... I don't know I was stupid"
 

-"What did you think oppa ? Tell me."
 

-"I thought that maybe you weren't sure if I was the one because I realized that you're more present in my life than I am in yours, I don't know a lot of your friends and I never met your parents and.." She cut him off leaning toward him and pressing her finger on his lips. He stared at her.
 

-"Yes, you're stupid" she said as she pulled back her finger, stood up from her chair and came toward him, sat on his laps.
 

-"How can you think that.... Didn't you see the state I was in when we fought last time. How affected I was back then. I couldn't even eat as it hurt so much to be apart with you." He patted her head and kissed her cheek as he saw tears forming in her eyes when she recalled her previous fight.
 

-"I told my mom to wait because as we never spoke about that I actually did not know how to bring the subject in front of you, I didn't wanted to put pressure on you or something like that... But Kang Gary trust me...." she said affectionnaly

-"You're the answer to a girl like me" she finished staring lovingly into his eyes.

Hearing her made him melt, he lifted her and stood up, he sat her on the table pushing down the food that was in, he leaned toward her, cupped her beautiful face in his hand and kissed her deeply, showing her in the kiss that she was also the answer to a guy like him. Soon the kiss turned out to be a passionate one, nibbling her lips and twingling their tongues, he started to caressed her body and she caressed his hair and neck. Then she broke their kiss and gave light kisses in his neck, nape and collarbone, she his skin, marking him hers. He cupped her face and took back her lips to his. Leaning toward her, she was slowly leaning backward soon after laying on the dinning table they were undressing each other, and expressed their love, almost forgetting what they were talking about.

---------

Seoul 6.32am......

This time it was his turn to be nervously waiting her, they just had finish eating breakfast. She was showering while he was already ready. He walked back and force in the appartement. She got out of her bathroom with only a towel on. She watched him and smiled.
 

-"Nervous ?" she , happy to see him feel the way she felt when she was in his shoes.
 

-"Stop teasing, I'm waiting you, I'm ready and you're taking so much time we will be late !" he complained to her and that made her laugh.
 

-"Ya ! You're the one who wanted to meet them and now you look like you'll cry anytime soon" she teased again and he glared at her. She let out a small laugh and went toward him.
 

-"Arasso, arasso, I'm sorry" she smiled and hugged him, patting his back to make him distressed.
 

-"Jihyo, you being against me with only a towel on is not helping us to be on time at your parents' house" he said as he moved down his hand from her back to her .

-"Stop dreaming" she said as she backed off a little and pecked his lips. "I'm going to change, don't worry everything will be ok !" and she left in their bedroom to change.

With Jihyo finally ready, they leaved their house. Gary was driving and nagging at how much time it took her to be ready and that they'll be a little late.

Pohang 10.36am....

When they arrieved in Pohang in front of Jihyo's house he sighed looking at his watch.
 

-"Oppa, it's ok, we're only 20 minutes late, my parents know that we're living in Seoul and that it take long time to get to Pohang".
 

He sighed, giving it to her and she took his hand and pulled him toward the door.
 

-"Let's go!" she said.
 

------------
 

Gary was sitting on the ground politly, hand on his laps, Jihyo was next to him, facing Jihyo was her mother. Jihyo's father was facing Gary, it was akward and none of them spoke. Jihyo who couldn't take the akward mood broke the silence first.
 

-"So appa, haven't you anything to ask him or something, I don't know try to speak !"
 

-"Yes, right yeobo, he already presented himself as your older daughter boyfriend so try to know him" Jihyo's mom joined in. Both were looking at Jihyo's father.
 

-"Do you love my daughter ?" her father aprubtly asked. Gary was taken aback with his question he blinked a few time before answering.
 

-"Yes, I do." he said firmly. Jihyo smiled widely hearing his answer.
 

-"When I heard she had someone I didn't exepted he would be a rapper..." his father said frowning.
 

-"Appa, what are you saying ?" Jihyo said.
 

-"I looked for your name on internet, trying to figure out who was dating my girl. I saw there was some rumours about you..." Gary was anxiously waiting for his father to keep going but Jihyo cut him.
 

-"Appa ! How can you be like this ? It's rude !" she scoled her father and pouted and he looked at her.
 

-"But, SungIm it's true I was worried when I heard about him." Gary smiled at how Jihyo's father was, playing the though guy in front of Gary but was sweet talking to his pouting daughter. "Anyway, I decided to watch RunningMan to know you more and I saw that you always take good care of my daughter" he added looking back at Gary. "I won't opposed to your relationship, anyway even if I was opposing to it SungIm would stop talking to me" he looked at Jihyo and pouted, she smiled at him her prettiest smile. He looked back at Gary and frowned
 

-"But if you hurt my daughter I won't let you go !"
Gary smiled hearing this as it remained him of the RunningMan members.

 

-"It won't happen sir, and for you to know that our Running Man member told me the same thing, so I know that if I hurt her I'll have 7 men behind my back and all her seseang fans" Jihyo laughed.
 

-"That's good, then welcome son" Jihyo's father said, giving his hand to Gary for an handshake, Gary then bowed to him.
 

As time pass, Jihyo's father leaved the house for work and Gary, Jihyo and Jihyo's mother enjoyed their time, chatting and laughing. Just then Jihyo's little brother got down the stair, in pyjamas, unwashed and yawning. He came in the living room where the other were and rubbed his eyes. Jihyo saw him.
 

-"SungMin-ha Anyeong~~" she greeted him happily. Hearing his noona's voice and sawing her face he smiled widely
 

-"Noona ! You're home !" he said happily and then saw Gary siting next to his sister.
 

-"Oh my God ! Kang Gary !" he said as he pointed Gary. Gary smiled and waved at him

-"Anyeong"
 

-"Whoa, I can't believed it ! Daebak ! Ya noona why didn't you told me you'll bring Gary hyung-nim !" his brother was totally excited.
 

-"Ya, look at you Chun SungMin, you're waking up at 11am and you're greeting people without having wash !" his mother scloded him and he looked at himself.
 

-"Omo!" he gasped as he ran backstair toward his bathroom.
 

-"You're brother is really cute !" Gary laughed.
 

-"Do you have brother or sister Gary-shii ?" Jihyo's mother asked.

 

-"Yes, I have an older brother." Just then Jihyo's brother SungMin got down.
 

-"Hyungnim ! I'm your fan hyungnim !" He said to Gary, walking toward him. Gary bowed and shook his hand.
 

-"Ya ! Because I brought Kang Gary with me you're not even greeting your noona ?" Jihyo sulked.
 

-"Aigoo, noona..." he said as he bent down to back-hug his sister. "But noona I know you since I was born so it's usual to see you, whereas, it's the first time I'm seeing hyungnim."
 

-"Just call me hyung SungMin-ha."
 

-"Really ? Can I ?" he asked as he sat next to Gary.
 

-"Of course." Gary smiles and patted his back.
 

-"Oh right, I need to ask you someting... I heard omma telling it to dad but I can't believe it"
 

-"What is it ?" Gary asked.
 

-"Are you really dating my sister ?" the younger man asked and Gary smiled proudly
 

-"Yes. I am"
 

-"Really ? Why ? I mean you're so cool hyung so how can you date her, she's always Mong, and carefree...Outch" he rubbed his head as Jihyo hit him. "See, she's always grumpy and hiting people I hope you haven't hit Gary hyung" he teased his sister.
 

-"Ya ! Wanna die ?" Jihyo got mad.
 

Gary leaned toward SungMin and whispered "I love when she's grumpy, don't worry and I also like the Bad Jihyo" he winked and the younger man laughed out loud.
 

-"Ya what did you tell him ?" she scolded Gary this time.
 

-"Nothing important Jihyo-ya" and SungMin laughed harder.
 

-"What did he told you ?" she started grabbing her little brother's arm.
Jihyo's mom who went in the kitchen to make more coffee came back and saw them laughing and bickering.

 

-"Ya, you both stop fighting !" she scolded them.
 

Jihyo sat back next to Gary and pouted, he took her hand and whispered to her:

-"Let him be, he's young and cute"

-"But what did you told him oppa, for him to laugh that much ?" she asked mongly while leaning closer to him as they were whispering.
 

-"I just told him that I love when you're grumpy" he winked at her.
 

-"That's all ?" she asked feeling there was more.
 

-"And also that I love the Bad Jihyo" he smirked.
 

-"Ya" she whispered and slapped his arm "Wanna die ? Aish, seriously I'm going to kill you, just wait till we're back home and you're dead !" she scolded him feeling embarassed. Just then they realized that Jihyo's mother and SungMin were looking at them, with a cheeky smile on their face.
 

-"Should we leave you alone ? We can leave you know, or you can show him your old room. Looks like you're in the 'bad Jihyo' mode." SungMin teased Jihyo who wanted to stand up and make him regret what he said but Gary hold her as he laughed to the young man tease.

Her mother who did not understood what they were talking about just looked at them and kept smiling.
 

-"SungMin-ha, stop bothering your sister, you know that I won't always be there with you when she'll be home. I can't garanty of your life once I leave from here."
 

The young man gulped down his saliva and automatically appologized to his sister.
 

-"Noona, you know I was joking right ? Hu ? It was just a joke !! Don't be mad hu ? I love you noona !" his little brother tried to coo Jihyo and that made her smirk.
 

Just then Jihyo's sister came back from grocerie shopping.
 

-"I'm back, SungMin-ha come help me it's so heavy !" she said as she carried to plastic bag full of groceries she bought after her mother asked her to in the entrance. SungMin went toward her and took some bag.
 

-"Noona, you won't believe who's there !"
 

-"Who is it ? Because of them mom wake me up early to go buy some food for her to make a good lunch !" She complained but the complain was heard by Jihyo, Gary and her mother in the living room.
 

-"Ya SungKyung-ha ! Bring your here !" Jihyo yelled to her little sister. Hearing Jihyo's voice SungKyung smiled. Jihyo got up and went to the entrance to see her sister.
 

-"Eonni !!!" SungKyung hold both her arm up to hug Jihyo.
 

-"Ah, eonni, I'm so happy to see you !"
 

-"Me too SungKyung-ha !" Jihyo patted her sister's back. "Come here I'll introduce you to someone."
 

-"Hu ? Who ?" she said as she was pulled by Jihyo to the living room. SungKyung froze when she saw the man who was sitting and then who stood up when he saw her.
 

-"SungKyung, Kang Gary, Kang Gary- SungKyung, my little sister" Jihyo introduced them and Gary bowed to her.
 

-"Anyeong~"
 

-"Omo, anyeonghaseo" SungKyung bow politely.
 

They started to chat all together to know each other better. SungKyung was asking question like who confess to the other or how was it for Gary to date her sister.
 

-"Would you like to eat now ?" Jihyo's mom asked.
 

-"Oh, yes I'm hungry !" Jihyo whined and made Gary's smiled
 

-"Hungry ? But you ate a lot this morning" Gary said looking at her and that made her mother laugh.
 

-"This girl is worse than men, Gary-shii, you'll have to feed her well if you want to keep her near you. My cooking skills aren't good enough that's why back then she told me she would live alone in Seoul" her mother joked.
 

-"Then she must have take those cooking skills from you" Gary responded to the joked and earned a glare from Jihyo.
 

-"Noona you still cannot cook ?"
 

-"Ya, you just shut up. I'm not that bad" Jihyo tried to defend herself.
 

-"Poor Gary hyung, can't even have good meals at home !" SungMin continued and SungKyung laughed then she added:
 

-"But I heard eonni said that you're a good cook Gary oppa." and Gary smiled. Jihyo's mother heard everything from the kitchen.
 

-"Ya SungIm-ha even if you're apparently eating well at home don't dare to complain about my food ok !"
 

-"I will do my best omma but you know he's really good !" Her mother smiled at her daughter sentence and started cooking.
 

-"That's why I don't need to learn how to cook when I already have a chief at home hu !" Jihyo sticked out her tongue to her brother and then she pouted.
 

-"Aigoo look at her playing the baby" her brother kept teasing his lovely noona.
 

-"Talking about baby, when will I get a nephew or a niece ?" SungKyung asked. Jihyo went mong.
 

-"It's planned dear, we're working on it" he told her and smirked. Jihyo looked at him confused.
 

-"Gary-shii, as you're a good cook can you come and help me please ?"
 

-"Yes, mam." He said and stood up, leaving toward the kitchen letting the other shocked.

So here's the end of that chapter, I'm sorry it's not as long as the last one and some of you wanted me to make longer chapter. But as for today it'll be like this ^^ Got to update today it's getting late here and I haven't finish my homework but who cares this time it's really a new chapter ;p. So Gary finally met Jihyo's family and he met them all ;p and his talk at the end....!!! Also for those who are curious, the Androgyne's myth is written by "Platon" a philosopher of ancient Greece. So I leave you like this enjoy ~~ Ho no, a last little thing. A lot of new subscribers subrscirbed recently so thank you all, also there were some people who comment for the first time so thank you too because it's always nice to see comment and to be able to reply to your comments. Thank for the one who comment each time or often. I really like talk to you all. And I also like to see what you're opinion are and what do you what to happen in the story. I even like the comment who critics the story or my way of writing I welcome everything and every type of opinion. And latsly (yeah, I'll stop bothering you soon) thank you for the upvote ! (oh and also,ok I swear it's the last thing. I haven't check my work so if there are mistakes excuse me guys I'll check later)