TWO

Wrong Number

 

 

 

Jaekyung stared at the screen of her phone for the nth time and she was desperately wishing that she’s just seeing it wrongly. Maybe her eyes needs some serious check up. Maybe it was her phone which needs some repairs. Or maybe Jaehyun sent her a wrong message. It could also be possible that he’s pulling a not so funny prank on her.

 

But no matter what, this is not funny to her at all.

 

8 hours has passed since she received that text message from him. 8 hours of confusion, misery, gloom and despair. Jaekyung immediately called him thousands of times after reading that message. But he wouldn’t even answer any of her calls. He didn’t even sent her another message after that.

 

Does that mean he really meant what he said?

 

 

 

 

“Let’s stop seeing each other. Goodbye.”

 

 

 

 

That was the last message she received from him. Those six words from him were enough to break her heart into pieces. No matter how she looked at the situation, he’s definitely breaking up with her. After being together for almost two years, he’s breaking up with her through a text message. 

 

How manly.

 

Jaekyung bit her lips as hard as she could while she tried her best to stop her tears from falling as she dialed his number for the thousandth time. They really need to talk. Something as ridiculous as this couldn’t possibly happen.

 

Why is he suddenly breaking up with her?

 

They were definitely okay yesterday and the day before. There’s nothing they’ve argued about and they didn’t talk about break ups or anything related to it. They were okay. Everything’s alright. So what’s with this? Why’s he breaking up with her when they’re perfectly fine?

 

She couldn’t think of any possible reason for him to do so. Is it because of her? Just what the hell did she do for all of this to happen?

 

Is it because she was too busy with her work that sometimes they had to cancel their dates? It it because sometimes her temper is so short? Myabe he got sick of all her rants  about every little things that irritates her. 

 

But did it have to end this way? He should've told her personally. They should've met. How did things turn out like this?

 

Jaekyung hastily drank the beer directly from the bottle and her face twisted due to the bitterness of the beer. She suddenly felt a light buzz from her phone and she immediately answered the call, thinking that it was Jaehyun. But her expectations and high hopes vanished when the person on the other line spoke.

 

“Noona, where are you? We’re all waiting for you at the office. Did you forget about the meeting?” It was her secretary. Oh Sehun. There was a mix of worry and irritation in his voice. Maybe the bosses are all blaming him for Jaekyung’s sudden disappearance.

 

Jaekyung massaged her temple as she closed her eyes. “I’ll come back to work tomorrow.” she mumbled quietly as she signaled the bartender to give her 3 more bottles of beer. He eyed her cautiously as if he doesn’t want to give her more since she looked drunk already but he didn’t really have any choice since she’s a customer so he just gave her what she ordered.

 

“But the meeting today is very important. Mr. Kwon is asking me to tell you to come here. They’re all panicking because you’re not here! And I’m dying because of stress. Noona just go here---“

 

“You know Jaehyun right?” She asked him as her grip on the beer loosened. Just mentioning his name is enough to make her feel melancholic.

 

“He’s your boyfriend. Why are you with him? Noona just cancel your date for now. We really need you!”

 

“We’re not together right now. He broke up with me.”

 

There was a long pause after that. Jaekyung couldn’t actually pinpoint if Sehun was feeling sorry for her or he just doesn’t know what to say. Maybe it’s both. 

 

“Noona are you okay?” was what she heard from him.

 

Jaekyung smiled bitterly as she chuckled lightly. “The love of my life broke up with me today. I’m perfectly fine Sehunnie. No need to worry.” she mumbled sarcastically.

 

“You’re drinking right now aren’t you? Where are you? I’ll accompany you.” Sehun worriedly told her.

 

She shook her head as she waved her hands as a sign of ‘no’ as if Sehun could see her. “I’m fine Sehunnie. Byeeee!” she exclaimed as she ended the call even before he could say anything else. She didn’t want to be disturbed and right now, all she wanted to do was to drink. To drink and to forget.

 

Even just for a while. She wants to forget this pain which seemed to have no end. She’s hoping that all of this is just a nightmare. A very bad nightmare. And that when she wakes up, Jaehyun will still be there. Everything will be as good as before.

 

But sadly it isn’t a dream. 

 

Just what would she do without him now? Her life revolved around Ahn Jaehyun for the past two years. He was with her in her best and during her worst times. They were together through the ups and downs. It has always been him and him alone. And now he’s gone.

 

How would she be able to live without him around?

 

“Since he already left me, I have nothing to do with my life anymore. Should I just die?” Jaekyung asked the bottle in her hand. Few seconds later, she nodded. “I should right? I’ll just die then I’ll haunt that guy to death and then he’d die too and then we’ll be together.”

 

A happy smile escaped her lips as she realized the brilliant plan, which she has formed just now.

 

“But before I die, I should erase all these pain in my heart so that I will die happily.” she mumbled to herself as she lightly tapped her chest. “And what I need right now is more beer and chicken.” her eyes glistened in delight as she grabbed her phone and dialed the number of a famous chicken shop.

 

Why chicken? Well, it has been her favorite food since the world began. And she needs to eats lots of it before she dies. There might not be chicken shops in afterlife. And she’s thinking that she have to treat herself a little before finally leaving this world.

 

“Ahjusshi, please deliver some chicken here.” she mumbled happily. Just the thought of chicken is enough to enlighten her mood.

 

“I think you called the wrong number…”

 

Her brows furrowed when she heard those. The heck. She couldn’t possibly be wrong. It was her favorite chicken shop. There’s no way she’d get it wrong.

 

“You called the wrong number...”

 

“If you want I’ll just call a chicken shop and ask them to deliver chicken to you. Where are you again?”

 

“There’s no chicken here. Please call another shop instead. A real chicken shop.”

 

Displeasure and irritation was painted in her face as she slammed the bottle on her table. And now she’s catching the attention of some people in the club. They stared at her, giving her judging glares here and there as she shouted at the guy on the other line. All she wanted was just two boxes of chicken before she dies. She’s in so much pain right now. Can’t she be happy even just for a little bit? Why does she need to call another chicken shop? Is this chicken shop rejecting her right now? Just what is wrong with her that a chicken shop is rejecting her too?

 

If they’re rejecting her orders, then, they’re just like Ahn Jaehyun who rejected her today through a ing text message.

 

Ahn Jaehyun. Jaehyun Ahn. Jaehyun. Her boyfriend who broke up with her through a text message.

 

Mixed motions suddenly filled her chest. Pain. Sorrow. Melancholy. Just remembering him made her miserable. And before she knew it, she was already crying. “Jaehyun-ah, can’t we fix this?” she asked him thinking she’s talking to Jaehyun.

 

“Please listen to me. I’m not your boyfriend. You called the wrong person.”

 

That did it. Jaekyung closed her eyes and tried to control herself but she couldn’t. This jerk is even acting that he’s not Jaehyun. He’s saying that he doesn’t know me when we’ve been together for 2 years. This punk really… how dare he say these? Because she was enraged, Jaekyung threw away all of the bottles nested at her table. The sound of broken glass filled her ears. The loud music momentarily stopped. And everyone’s staring at her weirdly.

 

“I’m busy. I’m hanging up---“

 

And now he’s just going to end everything like this? No. It can’t be. She won’t allow this to happen. “If you hang up on me right now I swear I’ll really throw myself in the river or maybe I’ll run across the highway and have some car hit me.”

 

 “Yah. You.. shouldn’t joke about those things. You----“

 

“Do you think I’m joking? If you don’t go to me right now, Jaehyun-ah, I’ll really kill myself.” she threatened him.

 

Jaekyung was thinking that this was the only way for her to see him again. And then if he shows up, they’re going to have a decent talk and straighten things out. That’s what she wants. That’s the only things she wants right now. To talk to him and fix things. To see him again. That’s all. Though threatening him was beyond the line, it was the only choice she has.

 

“Where are you?”

 

She finally smiled as she heard those words. That means he’s going to meet her. “I’m at Hongdae. The first bar on the corner of the street.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_mwz9okwGQg1shpqbto8_500.gif

 

59 subbies! Thank you so much. <3

Minseok will be in the next chap. Hehehe. I just wanted to explain why Jaekyung was drunk and all. So yeah. :)

 

 

<3