NINE

Wrong Number

 

 

 

 

 

It was already lunch break. And Jaekyung was deeply thinking if she should invite him to eat lunch since she didn’t really like eating alone. She glanced at him who was too engrossed with his work. She wanted to ask him. But knowing this guy, he’d tell her to shut up even before she could finish her sentence.

 

So, she didn’t bother asking him. Silently, she got up from her seat and went outside without a word. Everything she will say is mere noise for him so she didn’t even say ‘goodbye’.

 

Minseok stopped typing the moment he heard the door clicked. Jaekyung was already outside. She didn’t even bother inviting him for lunch and yet she always invites the others. He thought as he frowned. Well it’s not like I’d like to have lunch with her. I’m not even hungry.

 

And that’s when he heard the sound of his stomach churning. Who was he lying? He didn’t even have breakfast today because he was running late and now he have to finish up these reports before he could finally eat in peace.

 

Good thing Jaekyung already left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah. Mandoo.” Jaekyung called as she approached him who was busy taking a phone call from a client.

 

Minseok gave her a look for calling him ‘mandoo’ But he just couldn’t say anything to her for he was talking with an important client. I’ll get back to you later. He glared at her.

 

Jaekyung got his message and just simply shrugged as she held out the folders in her hand and showed it to him. “Here’s the budget plan you asked me to get earlier.”

 

Minseok’s face turned pleasant as silently nodded at her. He really needed that damn plan for him to finish his reports. So he gestured her to come forward and give her the budget plan.

 

She was just about to follow his orders obediently but then a thought struck her. It’s been a week since she started working here. A week of seeing, interacting and working with this heartless mandoo.

 

Why is he heartless?

 

Minseok always makes sure that she’s super busy; having piles of work to do every single day. He doesn’t talk to her unless he’s asking her to do something. And it’s more of a command rather than talking. And he hates it whenever she tries to talk to him. Talking to him is like talking to a wall. He just never replies. And he doesn’t treat her fairly. He’s very kind to Byungjoo and Hansol and all the employees of the company except for one. Her. It’s clear enough that he hates her.

 

Jaekyung already apologized to him before. But it seems like he’s not accepting it. Tch. You’re such a jerk. Jaekyung thought as she eyed him.

 

Minseok was jotting down some things while talking with the client when he suddenly heard a loud thud. He instinctively looked up and saw Jaekyung standing a few meters away from him. She dropped the folders. Purposely. It was clearly not an accident seeing the expression in her face. Several papers flew out of the folders. And it was a mess. And yet she’s not cleaning it.

 

He frowned at her. “What are you doing? I told you to give it to me right?” he hissed at her.

 

“I suddenly remembered what you told me before.” Jaekyung smiled at him. “5 meters right? You told me to keep a 5-meter distance from you. And right now, the distance between you and me is more or less 5 meters. So even if I really want to hand over these budget plans to you ever so kindly, I can’t. So I’ll just leave it here. Have fun picking them up.” She said as she left as fast as she could, leaving Minseok fuming in anger.

 

As much as he wants to scold her for such a rude behavior, he couldn’t. For he was the one who told her to keep a distance of 5 meters.

 

First, she didn’t ask me for lunch. And now this. Aish. That girl really. Minseok thought as he shook his head disapprovingly.

 

“Are you still listening to me?”  the client suddenly spoke causing Minseok to slightly jolt out of his seat. How could he forget that he’s talking with a very important client?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Minseok asked her as she was just about to open the door, ready enough to go home. He was busy creating some layouts so he didn’t bother looking up at her.

 

It was a bit early but she wants to go home now so that she could sleep longer. These past few days, she wasn’t able to sleep properly because of this guy and all the things he asks her to do. So she thought of going home early today. Jaekyung turned back to him innocently. “I’ll go home now. I already finished everything you asked me to do. So I’ll go and---“

 

“You can’t.”

 

Jaekyung placed her hands on her waist as she gave him a challenging look. “Why not?” She already revised the body copy, the title and the tag line of the advertisement for the mobile phone. She even spent a few hours revising all of it. Now why can’t she go home?

 

“Since you already finished the body copy, the tagline and the title, you should start creating the storyboard then.” Minseok told her as he looked at her. Even though he didn’t say anything his silence was already saying everything that he should be saying. He’s basically telling her that she should have an over time today.

 

“I have to present it to Sangdo first before creating a storyboard. What if he suddenly rejects the proposal? The storyboard will be wasted. Do you know how hard it is to create one?” Jaekyung tried to argue. If there’s one things he hates doing, it’s the storyboard. The timing. The description. The shots. Everything about storyboards.

 

“Create a storyboard first then present the whole material to him. That way you won’t be rejected twice.” Minseok simply told her. He was trying to give her an advice. “Or thrice maybe.” he added as he looked at her, waiting for her to react.

 

And at first Jaekyung couldn’t understand him. “Thrice?” she asked him naively.

 

Minseok simply shrugged at her as he smiled to himself, enjoying this small joke all by himself.

 

Finally, after giving it some thought, Jaekyung understood him. The third rejection was when Jaehyun rejected her.

 

“Yah! I’m not going to be rejected by Sangdo! My proposals are good! I’m---“

 

Minseok closed his laptop, stood up and went towards the door. “You’re so noisy. Stop shouting.” he told her with furrowed brows.

 

“Where.. where are you going?” she asked the guy who just prohibited her from leaving. And now he was making his way towards the door. He’s going outside! This mandoo is going outside! After he stopped her from leaving, he’s going to leave?

 

“I’m finished with the layout for the print ad. And I’m going to give it to Sangdo now and then I’d be able to go home and sleep peacefully." Jaekyung frowned. This guy really knows how to be annoying.

 

"Goodluck to you and your beloved storyboard.” he proudly smirked at her before finally leaving, not even letting Jaekyung say another word.

 

“Argh! That dumpling bun whatever really irritates me. Is it his job to annoy me? Is he paid by this company to irritate me?!” Jaekyung exclaimed as she stomped on her foot to release her anger. “We just can’t get along.” she mumbled to herself as she bit her lower lip in anxiety.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok stopped into a halt as Jaekyung suddenly popped in front of him. He had already given Sangdo the layouts and was already on his way home when she suddenly appeared out of nowhere. “What the.. why do you always bother people?” he asked her rather harshly. If he wasn’t able to stop in time, they would’ve crashed into each other.

 

Jaekyung ignored his comment and just stared at him.

 

“Why? Do you want me to help you with the storyboard?” Minseok guessed as he watched her. She didn’t answer him. She stood there, just looking at him. Her eyes were saying a lot of things and yet won’t speak.

 

Minseok sighed. Today was a long day. He was already tired. And he’s not in the mood to play around with her unlike earlier. Right now, he really wants to go home.

 

“Let’s just talk tomorrow should we? It’s getting late. You should go home too. Do you underst----“

 

Jaekyung breathed deeply before speaking.”Let’s be friends.” she actually wanted to offer her hand for a handshake but Minseok doesn’t want her to touch him. So she didn't.

 

 “What?”

 

“Just why do you hate me so much? I already apologized to you didn’t I? Why are you like this to me? You’re being very unfair. Can’t we atleast get along?” She finally said what she’s been meaning to tell him the whole time. Finally.

 

“Let me explain this to you. We.. ” Minseok started, struggling to find the right words. “We don’t need to be friends. We’re here at the company to work. We’re not paid to get along and all. So let’s not.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

isn't he a little harsh? >.<

 

day1 of lost planet in seoul ended already.

 

 

 

<3