SEVENTEEN

Wrong Number

 

 

Minseok silently watched as Jaekyung placed the papers inside the folder. She was done with her meeting with the manager and all. Finally. Minseok thought as he slowly got up to her with a big grin. “Were done working… right?” he asked her excitedly.

 

Jaekyung’s lips twitched to the side as she nodded. “Kind of.”

 

“Let’s go somewhere then.” Minseok’s wide smile widened even more as he spoke. And Jaekyung was wondering if his cheeks would tear off if he smiled a little bit more. But he looked cute whenever he smiled like that. And she likes it.

 

“Somewhere… where somewhere?” she asked as she tried her best to pretend as if she’s not that interested. When in fact she is. She wanted to go somewhere too. Today was their last day in here and she wants to relax and have some fun. With him.

 

Minseok thought about it for a second and when he finally made up his mind, he turned to her. “Somewhere fun.”

 

“And where exactly is that somewhere?” Jaekyung asked him challengingly. The sun has already set. It was already 7. It’s difficult to find a good place at this time.

 

So where did he want to go?

 

“Somewhere with you.”

 

Jaekyung rolled her eyes at him. “Funny.” She mumbled as she lightly shook her head, trying to hide her blushing cheeks.

 

Everything that comes out from his mouth is just too much for her to handle.

 

Just where did the shy Kim Minseok go?

 

“Let’s go.” She felt his hand on her shoulder, lightly pushing her forward, to where he wants to take her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So this is the fun place you’re talking about?” Jaekyung deadpanned as she turned to him with a sarcastic tone.

 

Basically, she was sitting beside him at the doorstep of their cottage while watching the sea.

 

“I didn’t say that where going to a fun place.” Minseok corrected her as he handed her a can of soda after opening it. “I said anywhere would be fun as long as I’m with you.”

 

It was true though. Anywhere would be a fun place as long as he’s with her. Even if they’re not doing anything at all. Sitting here beside her is enough. It was more than enough actually. He didn’t know why either. It’s just as weird as that. He could even spend a whole day with her like this. No words are needed. Just her mere presence would do.

 

Jaekyung just silently took the can with a small nod. “Can I ask something?” she asked as she stared at him and once again, she was reminded by the fact that this creature beside her is just so good looking. How did this perfect guy fell for her again?

 

“Go on.” Minseok bobbed his head up and down while waiting for her question.

 

She gripped on the soda can, contemplating on how and where she should start. “How..” she mumbled as she swallowed the lump in . “Why do you even like me?” Finally she was able to ask the question that she’s been wanting to ask since yesterday. She's been thinking about how it happened. She's a klutz and her she has a bad temper. And she's always drunk. And she's done alot of bd things to him before. And in her perspective it's just... to impossible for him to like someone like her.

 

“Why?” A smile escaped from his lips as he tried to recall why he liked this girl named Yoo Jaekyung. “Because you’re weird and loud. Sometimes you’re annoying —“

 

“Wow. Thank you very much for liking me then.” Jaekyung mumbled sarcastically.

 

“No. I didn’t mean it that way.” He immediately tried to explain as he shook his head. “What I wanted to say is that.. you’re different. You’re not like other girls who try to impress others. You don’t even care how others think. I think those are just a few of the many reasons why I love you.”

 

Jaekyung just nodded, not knowing how to respond to all of those. She just couldn’t seem to believe the fact that there is someone who sees her that way. She suddenly felt special.

 

And loved.

 

“It’s getting cold. I don’t want you to get sick. We should go inside now.” Minseok stood up and brushed off the dust in his pants. He was just about to open the door when Jaekyung suddenly called him.

 

“Minseok.”

 

“Hm?” he asked as he looked back at her with a smile. The way his name rolled out of her tongue is just different. Everyone calls him Minseok. But things are different when it's Jaekyung who's calling him by his name. "What is it?"

 

“Thank you.” Jaekyung mumbled as she stared at him. “For liking me. For taking care of me. For everything, I would like to thank you for those.” She told him in the sincerest way that she could. Minseok nodded happily. But his smile faded as soon as Jaekyung spoke again.

 

“But I really think that it’s best if you stop now.”

 

“Why?” he asked with knitted brows.

 

Jaekyung sighed exasperatedly. “I still love Jaehyun. And it’ll be difficult to forget him. Everywhere I look. Everything I hear. I’m reminded of him. Even now that I’m talking to you. Now that I’m looking right into your eyes, it’s him that I’m thinking of.” Jaekyung mumbled as she looked away. Ahn Jaehyun is still somewhere in her heart. She'd be lying is she would say that she doesn't love him anymore because she still does. Yes she hates him. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't love him anymore. “It’ll take a long time before I finally moved on. You’ll just get sick of me. And eventually you’ll get tired, and you’ll give up. So, let’s just be friends.” She said as she tried to smile at him.

 

Minseok gently held her hand. Her cold hand which perfectly fits with his. He smiled as he turned to her. “I’m not going to get tired. And I won’t give up. Take your time. A month, two.. five months. Or maybe a year or even five years. I can wait. I’m won’t rush you. I can wait. No matter how long it takes. I can wait.”

 

“… you know there’s a lot of girls out there. Better girls. Those who—“

 

“I don’t want other girls. I want someone who randomly calls me her stalker and vents out all of her anger on me. I want someone who constantly calls me Kim Mandoo or Minsaeng or whatever it is. Someone who gets drunk easily and then sings her heart out. Someone who smiles at the randomest things possible. Jaekyung, I want you.”

 

Jaekyung slowly smiled. “Well, since you’re begging for it, and since I’m so generous, well, let’s give it a shot.” She mumbled arrogantly to a bit. Minseok just chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

 

“Hey! Don’t do that!” Jaekyung tried to cover her head from his hands so that he wouldn’t be able to mess up her precious hair.

 

“But..” Minseok mumbled as he turned serious. Jaekyung eyed him, waiting for him to continue whatever it is that he is saying. Minseok nervously smiled at her. “If the time comes… when you finally start to like me, you should tell me okay?” he asked as he met eyes with her.

 

There was something in her eyes. Was it a glint of mischief or was she smiling through her eyes? Was she silently laughing at him because he was stuttering or was she happy? He couldn’t really tell. Maybe, maybe it was both.

 

“And if I don’t? What are you going to do?” Jaekyung asked him challengingly with her chin held high.

 

“Well… that’s kind of ..cruel. But.. if that’s what you want.. then ..so be it.” He mumbled shyly as he looked away cutely. His lips were slowly forming the smallest pout as he did

 

Jaekyung smiled. Eventhough she liked the cheesy and confident Minseok, this side of him is definitely a lot cuter. And she prefers him this way.

 

“I’m starving. Let’s go in and eat!” she told him as she held his arm and pulled him towards the door.

 

Today is their last day here. And Jaekyung thinks that today is one of the most meaningful days in her life. For someone as perfect as Kim Minseok, him liking someone like her sounds a bit too impossible, but she’s grateful that he did. That he is.

 

And that he’s willing to wait.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What's going to happen next? Hehe. XD

 

Guys, who’s going to attend KCON6 this December 28 sa MOA? GOT7, SISTAR and Bernard Park are the guests. GOT7!!! <333 Kahit GA lang Masaya na ko dun. Hahahahaha.