TEN

Wrong Number

 

 

 

Jaekyung silently went inside the office while carrying a hot plastic cup containing ramyun. Her fingers were carefully holding the lid for it was too hot. There’s even steam coming from it. So Minseok assumed that it was really hot.

 

Ramyun again? Minseok thought in displeasure. She was always always always eating noodles. That’s not good for your health. he scolded her inside his head.

 

She hurried straight to her quarters and chomped down a mouthful of noodles as soon as she sat in her chair. And few seconds after, her face twisted into different expressions as she immediately swallowed down the noodles and desperately fanned her tongue.

 

Just who told you to eat it in a hurry? Slow down. You might have indigestion if you continue eating it like that. He wanted to tell her those but he couldn’t.

 

Since last week, Jaekyung has changed. After the day wherein she asked him to be friends with her and he refused to, she has changed. A lot.

 

She hasn’t spoken a single word to him ever since. She’s treating him likes he’s air. It was as if he’s not around at all. And she refuses to even look at him. Yes. She’s still doing her job, the paperworks, editing and everything but she’s not talking to him unlike before.

 

She only talks to him if and only if it’s job-related. And those were really rare and short.

 

And because of these sudden changes, Minseok felt irritated. He was irritated by the fact that she was ignoring him.

 

But isn’t this what he wanted?

 

For them to be just like strangers to each other? For her to go away? And for him to finally have a peaceful and quiet life? Isn’t this what he wanted?

 

But why doesn’t he feel at ease?

 

Why isn’t he happy?

 

It’s not possible that he misses her side comments, naggings and lame jokes right?

 

Minseok immediately shook his head. No. That’s not it. Never.

 

He silently eyed Jaekyung. She was too preoccupied with eating and reading the details of the whole team’s mobile phone advertisement proposal to the client which will happen today.

 

Being with her in this room, has no difference with him being alone.

 

And that’s when he realized something.

 

By chance, did Jaekyung feel the same when I was the one who’s treating her coldly?

 

He carefully studied her and her expressions. She seemed perfectly okay. Maybe she didn’t mind him hating her. I think she’s used to being hated anyways. He thought as he shrugged. With Jaekyung’s absurd personality, for sure, this is not the first time she encountered people hating her.

 

Right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few minutes before the client arrives, Minseok was busy double checking the proposed print ads in the powerpoint. Everything has to be perfect so that the client will be satisfied.We worked really hard for this. He better not reject it.

 

“It seems that you and Jaekyung are doing fine.”

 

Minseok looked back and saw Sangdo smiling brightly at him. He instinctively shook his head in disapproval. “Fine? Pfft. We’re not.” he said as he made a face. There’s no way he’s doing fine with her.

 

Sangdo studied his weird facial expression. Minseok was usually kindwhen it comes to other girls but why is he so different when it comes to Yoo Jaekyung? he wondered. “Are the two of you… dating?”

 

Minseok gave him an intense glare. What Sangdo’s saying is one of his biggest nightmares. Really.  “You know what? Everything that comes out from that mouth of yours is just pure nonsense.”

 

“Why? She doesn’t like you?” he decided to tease the bun a little bit more. “Is it a one sided love?”

 

Minseok grew furious and just closed his laptop. Jaekyung doesn’t like me? Ha! It’s completely the other way around! he thought. “It’s me who doesn’t like her okay? I don’t like her!”

 

Why does Umin hate her? Sangdo thought with a slight frown. “Why? Jaekyung seemed nice. Why do you---”

 

“Nice?!” Minseok’s eyes widened at what he just heard. Did Sangdo just refer to her as someone who’s nice? “No freaking way. There’s just no way Jaekyung’s nice. She’s just doing the things she wants to do. She’s loud-mouthed and she doesn’t care about others. And you know what? I paid for her twice! And she hasn’t paid me back yet. She’s weird and irresponsible and she’s reckless too! Those are just some of the many reasons why I hate her.” Minseok said with a frown, remembering everything that she had done to him somewhat makes him feel bad. Or does he feel bad because he’s saying bad things about her? Or was it because she was ignoring him.

 

“I just really hate her. I don’t know why.”

 

“Hey, isn’t that enough? Stop it you---“

 

“I think her boyfriend left her because clearly she’s just no good.” Minseok continued rambling. He was too engrossed with telling Sangdo why he hates that girl and he hadn’t realized that she just stepped inside the conference room. And clearly, she had heard him and everything he has said.

 

. he cursed himself as he gnawed on his inner cheek. What to do now?

 

Minseok froze as he saw her approaching them carrying some files. “Nakta …he asked me to bring these here.” her voice was a bit shaky.

 

 Is she going to cry? he thought worriedly.

 

Sangdo immediately took the files from her. “Thank you. I’ll take care of these.” he told her with an awkward smile.

 

Jaekyung nodded as she left without saying another word. She left without saying anything. And she didn’t even look at him. She just came in and gave the files to Sangdo and then she left.

 

Is she mad at me?

 

Guilt was slowly sinking inside his chest as he reflected on what he has just done.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you going to follow her? You should apologize to her!” Sangdo exclaimed at Minseok when he noticed that he’s just standing there, doing absolutely nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you seen Yoo Jaekyung?” was the question that he asks to almost everyone he meets on his way. But their answer will always be the same.

 

No.

 

 They will always tell him that they haven’t seen her.

 

Just where did she go?

 

Tch. Just why am I even looking for her? That stupid Sangdo shouldn’t really order me around. If he’s like this to me, I might really hate him too. he thought as he puffed up his cheeks and just decided to give up. I’ll just talk to her later.

 

“I heard you’re looking for me. Why?”

 

Minseok turned around and saw her looking at him curiously. She looked okay. Perfectly okay in fact. Her eyes were not red. Therefore, she did not cry. That means she okay right? he wondered as he carefully studied her face.

 

Is she really okay?

 

Somehow when he looked at her eyes, there was a teensy bit of melancholy reflected in her eyes. Or maybe he was just seeing it wrongly.

 

Setting that matter aside, he has to apologize. As much as he hates to admit it, what he did earlier was wrong. “I.. just.. about  earlier….”

 

“Umin-hyung! There’s a big problem!”Byungjoo suddenly came rushing to them.

 

“Why? What happened?”they both chorused.

 

“The client! He suddenly disappeared. I think he backed out.” Byungjoo mumbled problematically. If this gets to Sangdo, he’ll be really dead for sure.

 

“Disappeared? Why?” Jaekyung asked him. Her voice was filled with worry.

 

“I don’t know. He left without saying anything. And the presentation is going to start soon!” he exclaimed as he trembled in fear.

 

Minseok placed his hands on his shoulder, and squeezed it, trying his best to make Byungjoo calm down. “Hey kid. Calm down.”

 

“I’ll try to find him.” Jaekyung suddenly said. Byungjoo and Minseok stared at her in shock.

 

Byungjoo eyed her with hope-filled eyes. “You would?”

 

Jaekyung nodded as she patted Byungjoo’s head. “I would.”

 

“How would you even be able to find him?” Minseok tried to argue as he eyed the two of them weirdly. There was this strange feeling that he felt when she touched him. For some reasons, he doesn’t like her touching him.

 

Jaekyung glared at him and then she faced Byungjoo with a reassuring smile. “It’s Mr. Han right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok walked around in circles as he bit his lip. What if Jaekyung couldn’t find her? What if something bad happens to her? I should’ve gone with her. he thought as he worried even more. Every second that passes that she’s not back yet makes him even more anxious.

 

She’s not going to be in trouble isn’t she?

 

Without him knowing it, he was already on his way towards the elevator. He was going to find her. But that’s when Hansol caught his arm and stopped him.

 

 “What are you still doing here outside hyung? The presentation’s going to start soon. Shouldn’t you be inside the conference room as well?”

 

Minseok blinked at him. The presentation will start soon? How will it start when Mr. Han’s not around? He wondered. “But Byungjoo said that Mr. Han is---“

 

Hansol immediately shook his head. “Byungjoo’s an idiot. Mr. Han never left. The information he gave was wrong. He panicked too much.” he explained.

 

Minseok sighed in relief. Finally he was able to breathe. Aigoo. Byungjoo’s really..

 

“You should go inside hyung.” Hansol told him.

 

But the first thing that comes to his mind right now is Jaekyung. He has to tell Jaekyung to come back first. Minseok took his phone from his pocket but he accidentally dropped it because he was in such a hurry. “Aish.” he growled as he picked up his phone.

 

“Hyung! Go inside now.” Hansol rushed him. Minseok should head towards the conference room. That’s the most important thing right now. But it seems like there’s something which is more important to him.

 

What could it be?

 

Hansol watched as Minseok was just about to call someone “Why? Is there anyone you want to call? I’ll call them for you if you want.” he offered.

 

Minseok immediately gave his phone to Hansol with a relieved smile. “Please call Jaekyung and tell her to come back here.”

 

Hansol nodded and with that, Minseok left running towards the conference room. So, it was Jaekyung who was more important. he thought with a smile.

 

“Yah. Are you lazing around again?” Nakta suddenly appeared beside Hansol. This guy really just pops out of nowhere. Hansol thought as he sighed and placed his hand on his chest. “You scared me.”

 

“Did you do what I asked you to?” he asked him.

 

Hansol’s eyes widened as he remembered that he had forgotten to do what Nakta told him to. “I totally forgot!” he placed Minseok’s phone inside his pocket and followed Nakta who was mumbling about how irresponsible he was.

 

“I’ll just call Jaekyung later.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

will be having double update today. :)))))