SIX

Wrong Number

 

 

 

“You forgot to get your change last time since you were in a hurry so I asked the nurse to call you.” the cashier told him with a smile as he handed Minseok the money he left last night. “You must really be worried for your girlfriend.” he added.

 

Minseok took the change with blushing cheeks. Did he really do that? Did he really forgot to get his change since he’s in a hurry? Tch. Impossible. He was about to walk away to go back to where the gir is, but then,

 

“Jaehyun-ah!” he suddenly felt a warm pair of arms around his waist, which sent chills down his spine. It was definitely her. Just why is this girl always hugging him?! Why?!

 

But the most important thing here is, how would he explain everything to her now that she’s fully awake and sane? He gulped as he froze on his spot. What would he tell her? She’ll probably get mad.

 

“You came here because you’re worried about me right?” she mumbled cutely. “I knew that you couldn’t resist me. I knew it!”

 

Minseok couldn’t look back at her. If she finds out that he wasn’t that Jaehyun guy, she’ll get mad at him for sure.

 

“I missed you. Jaehyunnie.” she added.

 

Minseok knew that this day wouldn’t pass without her knowing the truth so, he took a deep breath and he slowly faced her. “I’m… not Ahn Jaehyun.” he stared at the ground as he nibbled on his lower lip, waiting for her response.

 

Jaekyung released him the moment she realized that she was hugging the wrong guy. She analyzed his face. Wide set eyes. Chubby chubby chubby cheeks. Thick eyebrows. She’s never seen this guy before. “Who are you?” she asked softly.

 

Minseok blinked at her. She’s not mad?  She must be a good person then. He nervously smiled. “Well, a lot happened. And you called me. Last night.” he explained.

 

“Why would I call you? I don’t even know you.” Jaekyung muttered as her brows furrowed. What this guy’s saying doesn’t make any sense to her. Her fists curled into a ball. Then does this mean, Jaehyun’s not here? After all he did to her, he’s not here? She turned to Minseok once again. But why is he wearing Jaehyun’s shirt then?

 

“Did Jaehyun ask you to come here?” her voice was dripping with anger. That guy doesn’t even have the guts to personally come and see her so he sends someone else? And he even lent him the shirt she gave him?

 

Minseok shook his head politely. “No. I don’t know him. I just--”

 

“WHO THE HECK ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU WEARING MY JAEHYUN’S SHIRT?! WHERE IS AHN JAEHYUN?” Jaekyung suddenly shouted because of anger. This Ahn Jaehyun is really good at making her feel bad.

 

Minseok glanced at the shirt he was wearing. So it was because of this that’s why she mistook him as her boyfriend. This shirt caused everything.

 

Just why did he have to wear this damned shirt. Today of all days.

 

Why?

 

His calm mood changed when she suddenly shouted out of the blue. And he didn’t realize that his tone was rising as well. “You’re telling me I’m the one at fault because of this shirt?”

 

“Yes! If you didn’t wear that then maybe we wouldn’t meet! I would never take you as him! That’s the shirt I gave to him on our anniversary! Why do you have it?!”she exploded.

 

Minseok wasn’t exactly the type who would fight back and argue unless he was really upset. But this is an entirely different story. Because he was really offended.“Are you stupid?! Do you think he’s the only one in the world who has this shirt?!”

 

Jaekyung bit her lips hard, trying to create some reasonable reasons. But she couldn’t come up with any. Clearly, she’s the one at fault here. “Whatever.” she exclaimed as she started to walk away. “I’ll go find Jaehyun.” she murmured silently.

 

He swiftly caught her arm and stopped her from walking away. “Now you’re just going to leave like nothing happened? I did so many things for you. Don’t you even remember those? Instead of leaving like that, you should atleast be thankful!” Minseok raged.

 

“Why would I be?” she snapped at him.

 

“I brought you chicken. I paid for you twice! I even brought you here and you ki---“

 

“Who told you to?!”

 

“Then should I just let you be?” The tension was rising in his voice. “You threatened me that you’ll commit suicide if I did not come!”

 

“Then you should just let me die!”

 

Minseok sighed and tried to compose himself. She’s just so irrational and it irritates him to the core.  What’s more is her urge to answer back irks the out of him. Instead of saying ‘thank you’ and bowing politely at him, she’s shouting at him.

 

“It all happened because of you!” she mumbled as she glared at him.

 

Did she just blame me? Me who’s been the victim all this time? She even have the guts to glare at me like that? Minseok chuckled sarcastically. This girl is really so utterly unbelievable.

 

“You’re laughing?” Jaekyung asked him as she narrowed her eyes at him. “You’re enjoying this? Is it funny to you huh?”

 

Minseok didn’t even bother to answer her. For it’ll only make things worse.

 

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes at him. “Just who are you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jaekyung stared at him with a confused expression on her face. “Are you my …sasaeng?”

 

His eyes widened at what he just heard. “What?!”

 

For some weird reasons, this girl asked why they met and for the first time in forever he was able to explain everything thoroughly. And now she’s saying things like he’s a sasaeng? The heck.

 

“At first I didn’t believe that they’re real and I thought only idols have those. But I really think that you’re a sasaeng!” Jaekyung gasped at him.

 

“What exactly makes you think that I’m like that?” Minseok asked her with furrowed brows. He’s really very curious of how she possiblycame with that kind of conclusion.

 

Jaekyung coughed as she started explaining. “Since you like me so much, you called me, then you met up with me, wearing the exact, same shirt I gave to him so that I would think that you’re him right? It’s like that right?! I knew it!” Jaekyung eyed him. “You came up with all of those because you like me so much! You’re my sasaeng!”

 

Minseok stared at her in awe. “I’m really amazed at how your imagination works.” Is this the after-effect of drinking too much? Or is she really sick in the head?

 

“I’m right, right?” He didn’t answer her. And she took it as a yes. Jaekyung shook her head with an apologetic look on her face. “I’m sorry. I know you like me so much. But my heart…” she trailed off as she tapped her chest. “My heart only belongs to Ahn Jaehyun.”

 

Minseok could only cringe. Is she serious about thinking that he’s a sasaeng? Just the mere thought of it gives his goosebumps.

 

She eyed him from head to toe and nodded a bit. “You look quite young. Just go and find someone else. I’m already taken. Please stop bothering me.”

 

Minseok stood, there and just listened to her nonsensical rambles. So there’s a person who’s really like this?

 

“I know I’m too beautiful. But please, stop staring at me like that.” she mumbled. “You should atleast have some dignity. Even though it’s so blatantly obvious that you like me, please try your best to hide it.”

 

He doesn’t even know is he should laugh or curse at the moment. Should he ask the doctor to check on her again? Or maybe he brought her to the wrong place? Maybe it’ll be a lot better if he brought her to a mental hospital. She kind of belong there.

 

Jaekyung stared at him, he’s still not saying anything to her. Since he’s a sasaeng, should I give him my autograph? Shake his hand? Give him a hug? What should Ido so that he’d stop bothering me? Finally she thought of something. “Give me your phone.” Jaekyung told him as she held out her hand, asking for his phone.

 

“Why would I?”

 

“I’ll snap a picture with you as a remembrance. But you should promise me that you won’t bother me anymore. Okay? Be a good boy and be contented with one picture.” Jaekyung smiled at him.

 

He shook his head sternly. “No thank you. I’ll pass.”

 

Jaekyung blinked at him. She didn’t expect him to say that. “Why? Are you shy? Don’t be shy. This is a once in lifetime chance. Hurry and give me your phone.”

 

“I don’t want to have a picture with you. Ever.”

 

“If you don’t like to have a picture… then, should I give you my autograph? Do you want me to shake your hand? Give you a hug? What? Tell me. I’ll do anything just stop bothering me.”

 

“You’re the one who’s bothering me. Just leave me alone.” Minseok told her.

 

“Leave you alone? You’re saying you won’t ask me to do anything for you? Are you fine with that?” she asked him once more as she leaned in closer to him.

 

Since she was close, Minseok used this chance to check on something. He gently knocked thrice on her head.

 

Jaekyung frowned as she held her head. “What are you trying to do?”

 

“I’m just checking if you actually had a brain. You looked like you didn’t have one.” he told her with a steady gaze.

 

“Ha!” Jaekyung made a face at him. “If I know that’s your way of trying to touch me. Okay, you can just pat my head then.” she negotiated with a nod.

 

Minseok roughly pushed her forehead with his finger. “And why would I touch you? I would never---”

 

Jaekyung smiled at him. “It’s because you’re my sasaeng.”

 

“Just leave.” Minseok  told her as he massaged his temples. This girl has the oh-so-great ability to make other’s head ache.

 

Jaekyung nodded at him. “Okay. I hope you won’t regret it later on. I’ll go now. Let’s not meet in the future okay?” she asked him before she finally walked away, not even waiting to hear his answer.

 

Minseok stared at her walking figure as he shook his head in displeasure. This is the first time he met someone as ridiculous as her. And he sincerely hoped that this will also be the last. “Sasaeng my . I’ll never like you. Yeah. That’s right. Let’s not meet ever again. Don’t you dare appear in front of my face again.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_mrp1ymmpjg1sz0j5io1_500.gif

 

 

Jaekyung’s not crazy. She’s one of a kind. lol. XD

 

 

<3