THREE

Wrong Number

 

 

Minseok got out of his car with an exasperated sigh. He should be at his desk right now completing the tasks that are piling up every single day. But now, he’s standing in front of a certain bar in Hongdae. And it’s all because of a drunk girl who called her number asking for chicken.

 

What’s worse is she thought he was her boyfriend. Just the mere thought of him being with a girl like that is enough to make him cringe.

 

There are certain types of girls that he would never dare to date. Those that are clingy and the ones who would cry to death when their boyfriend broke up with them. And the girl who caused all this ruckus to her is the perfect example.

 

Besides, she’s too loud and.. annoying.

 

And she wouldn’t listen to him. No. She never listened to any word he had told her. Maybe because she was drunk. But still! She’s still annoying.

 

If only he didn’t answer that call from the unknown number then maybe he’s at his fluffy bed already dreaming and snoring. But he answered the damn call and now he’s here in front of a bar holding two boxes of chicken.

 

Yes. yes. He knew this is stupid. But still, there’s nothing he could do. The situation he was in was too… fabulously great. And he doesn’t have any other choice but to go here.

 

Minseok was really supposed to just end the call and just ignore this brokenhearted girl screaming for two boxes of chicken and a certain guy named Ahn Jaehyun which was not him. Definitely not.

 

But in the end he couldn’t.

 

It's because of this thing they call as ‘conscience’

 

Well let’s just say that he was so scared when the girl said she’s going to commit suicide if ‘he’ doesn’t appear. Minseok doesn’t even know her and he really wish not to. He was just afraid that if he would not show up, she’d really go and kill herself just like what she said.

 

She’s not her boyfriend but for some reasons, he just thought that he wouldn’t be able to sleep comfortably at night if it’ll be reported on TV that a girl committed suicide because of a heartbreak.

 

Just why is that girl too crazy for that Ahn Jaehyun guy? Was she so sad that she really wanted to end her life? How stupid. He thought as he stared at the entrance of the bar. And he sighed for the last time before finally stepping inside.

 

Colorful lights swirling around the room greeted him the moment he set foot inside. The sounds from the huge speakers were blasting and his ears were already hurting. He frowned as he looked around. Everyone was dancing. Drinking. Talking loudly. His face crumpled in disgust. Places like this aren’t really for him.

 

“Is she really here?” he thought as he looked around while waiting for her to answer his call. He thought it’d be easier to track her down that way.

 

But suddenly, the swirling colorful lights were gone. And so is the loud music which he really hated. Everyone stopped talking all of a sudden. “What happened?” he mumbled as he looked around while eyeing everyone weirdly.

 

Bars are supposed to be loud and annoying and irritating and all. Why did it suddenly became so quiet?

 

“Let go! I’ll leave after my boyfriend arrives! Why are you dragging me out? If you don’t let go of me right now I’ll call the police!” a girl shouted as she tried to get out of the grip of the bouncer who was holding her arm, dragging her out.

 

Minseok felt chills running down his spine as he heard the girl. Her voice sounded the same to the girl she was talking to earlier. But it can’t be right? That’s not her. That’s not her. He prayed inside his head as he watched her and the bouncer approach his way since he’s near the entrance.

 

“If Jaehyun arrives here you’re really dead!” the girl tried to threaten the bouncer. But it was no use.

 

Jaehyun. That’s the guy she’s been mentioning over and over. No. It’s really her. Minseok didn’t want to be tangled and have any business with her since she’s loud and she’s all messed up. And It’s really embarrassing.

 

Everyone’s already staring at her. If he will talk to that girl, they’ll assume that he’s with her. What's worse is they might assume that he's the irresposible boyfriend. And he absolutely doesn’t want that to happen. And so, he thought he’d just wait for her outside since the bouncer is planning on dragging her out. It’d be best if he did that. He turned his back on them preparing to leave but then, he felt a warm pair of arms wrap around his waist.

 

And he’s praying to God and to all the saints that he knew that it wasn’t her. Anyone but her. Please.

 

“Jaehyun-ah!” the arm encircled in his waist tightened as he heard a voice that sounded awfully familiar to him.

 

Minseok shut his eyes closed and bit his lower lip. That did not just happen. No. Just no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Xiumin is hereeee~

 

<3