TWENTY-TWO

Wrong Number

 

 

 

“What the heck is this?” Jongdae mumbled as he stared at the weird-shaped keychain in his palm.

 

Minseok snatched it away and preciously wiped it with his hands while giving Jongdae a hard glare. “It’s called a couple keychain. You dumb .”

 

Jongdae chuckled at him. “Are you two highschoolers huh?”

 

“You’re just jealous of us because you and Eunsol didn’t have something like this.” Minseok said as he stared at the keychain.

 

On his way to work yesterday, he just bought a couple keychain from a nearby store and asked the store owner to engrave his and Jaekyung’s name on it. It wasn’t something he’d usually do but he still did.

 

He thought it’d be nice to have these little things. Every couple does these right? Maybe they should too. Plus, he really wanted to have couple keychains no matter how childish it seems. He could imagine him placing this keychain on his car keys while Jaekyung would put it on her phone. How adorable would that be?

 

“Do you think she’ll like it?” he asked Jongdae as he suddenly turned serious.

 

“Yeah.” Jongdae nodded half-heartedly. “Girls like those cute things. Right?”

 

A frown formed in Minseok’s forehead as he sighed. “But you know that she’s not just any girl.” He mumbled as he kept the keychain inside his pocket.

 

“What if she didn’t like cheesy things like this? Will it be a lot better if I just bought her a necklace instead? But she’s the plain type of girl she doesn’t like wearing too much accessories and—“

 

“You really love her don’t you?” Jongdae asked him with an amused smile. Seeing how he tries to weigh every single thing down when it comes to her just proves how much he loves her.

 

“Of course!” Minseok proudly stated with a smile.

 

“How about her? Does she love—“

 

Upon hearing his question Minseok’s happy smile faded and turned into a stern expression. He already knew where the conversation was going. And he didn’t like it. “She loves me. There’s no need to question that. Jaekyung loves me.” Why is he asking him such things? Minseok thought as he eyed Jongdae.

 

But Jongdae seemed as if he didn’t want to stop. “What about him?”

 

It was unnecessary for him to drop a few more clues because Minseok already knew who he was talking about.

 

“Why do you have to ask?” Anger was now evident in his tone.

 

“I was just asking. Why are you suddenly being like this?”

 

Minseok didn’t bother to say anything and just left the room. He really hated this kind of conversation.

 

Because he himself didn’t even know the answer. He didn’t know whether Jaekyung still loves that guy or not. And he’s too afraid to ask her because he’s terrified of what her answer would be.

 

Just what would he do if she says she still loves him, or will he be able to do anything about it?

 

Probably not.

 

So maybe, for now, he’s just going let things the way they are.

 

Maybe,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That guy became her boyfriend when she’s in College. And they just broke up 6 months ago. So I guess they were together for like… 3 years?

 

Minseok thought as he stared at Jaekyung who was too immersed in the movie they were watching.

 

He’s her first boyfriend. And I really hate him for that.

 

Because of his argument with Jongdae, now he can’t stop thinking if Jaekyung still loves him. Or worse, if she loves that guy more than him.

 

Much to his surprise, Jaekyung suddenly turned to him with a judging stare. “You’re not watching the movie!” she whined at him.

 

Minseok’s lips broke into a small smile. “I’m watching it.”

 

“You’re definitely not.” She mumbled as she made a face at him which he found adorable. “Is the movie boring?”

 

Minseok shook his head. “No it’s not boring.”

 

Her eyes turned sad as she gave him a worried look. “You’ve been acting weird since this morning. Did something happen?”

 

He stared at her. I won’t ask her. I don’t want her to think about him again, so I’ll just pretend that everything’s fine when in reality, it’s not.

 

“I’m just a little tired.” He noticed that her face suddenly turned into a sad frown upon hearing him.

 

“But I feel a lot better because you’re here.” Minseok immediately added with a big smile as he pulled her closer to him for a big hug.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jaekyung asked him as she pulled away from his hug and stared at him anxiously.

 

“I’m okay. Why would I not be?” he asked her as he pinched her cheeks.

 

Jaekyung didn’t seem convinced though. “But you seem---“

 

“Oh right! I have something for you.” Minseok suddenly remembered the couple keychains he brought earlier this morning. He grabbed his bag from the floor and took out the keychains and handed it to her.

 

He didn’t really want to give her these since he’s not sure if she’ll like it. But these will divert her attention from him. And seeing her smile so widely while she’s looking at the keychains tells him that he made the right decision.

 

“Where did you get these?” She happily asked him.

 

“Does it matter where?” he asked her with a small pout. And then he noticed that she’s still looking at the keychains. Jaekyung’s eyes never left the keychains in the first place.

 

“Do you like it?”

 

“I love it!” she exclaimed as she turned to him and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly. “I’m going to use this on my cellphone.” She told him as she took out her cellphone.

 

Minseok smiled as he kissed her forehead. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” She told him with a smile.

 

Right. Jaekyung loves me. It doesn’t really matter if she’s still thinking about him. That’s understandable. They broke up just a few months ago. And I just barged into her life. I won’t expect her to fall for me so easily.

 

And I said I would wait for her.

 

So it doesn’t matter how long it will take her to fully forget him.

 

What’s important is she will forget him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few weeks later,

 

“I have a meeting with Sangdo and Hansol. And I’m kind of late so… I’ll go now.” Jaekyung mumbled as she messily shoved her things inside her bag.

 

Minseok smiled at her. “Take care.”

 

“Eat your lunch on time. Don’t wait for me. Our meeting will take more than 2 hours so---”

 

“Got it.” Minseok mumbled as he kissed her forehead.

 

“Okay. Bye. Love you!” Jaekyung leaned in closer to him and pecked his right cheek before finally leaving the room, leaving Minseok in smiles.

 

It was not too long ago when he heard her phone rang.

 

“She left it again?” he asked himself with an amused smile as he walked down to her table. Jaekyung has this cute habit of leaving her most important things behind. Always.This always happens to her.

 

Her phone stopped ringing the moment he reached for it.

 

At first he thought it was Sehun, calling her, to tell her to print-out the other case studies like how he always does. But it was not him.

 

As much as he wished for the person who called to be Sehun, it wasn't him.

 

He stared at the screen with a lump forming on his throat.

 

 

 

 

“1 Missed Call from Ahn Jaehyun”

 

 

 

 

He never thought that this person would call her. He thought he was just dreaming. Or something was wrong with his eyes. 

 

But that's not it. 

 

What he's seeing right now, is the truth.

 

He just can't acept the fact that this day would come. 

 

Things are going really well for the both of them.

 

Why ... why does he have to come back?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2DDEyzf.gif

tumblr_inline_nrnhr08Cdg1t2wgok_500.gif

6c87e4a6gw1ebp9biz56cg206t06tx6p.gif

Heyyyyyy. It's been sooooooooo long. Sorry haven't updated in a while butttt yeah. Surprise.

Guess who's coming back, (Eventhough it's so obvious. lololol.) causing our Minnie to cry. T.T