FOUR

Wrong Number

Thank you to those who subscribed! <333

 

 

 

 

The moment he felt a warm pair of hands wrap around his waist, he knew things wouldn’t go well for him.

 

“I’m not her boyfriend! Really!” Minseok tried to explain to the bouncer in front of him and to everyone else looking at him as if he’s the bad guy here.

 

The girl behind him lightly slapped his back as she buried her face in his shirt. “Why are you like this? We were okay yesterday aren’t we Jaehyunnie?”

 

Minseok rolled his eyes in irritation. This is the first time that he’s ever wanted to hit a girl so badly.

 

Before he could even defend himself, the next thing he knew, his collar was being pulled by the bouncer in front of him. And he was eyeing him in an intimidating way. “First you made your girlfriend cry. And now you’re denying even her? What kind of a guy are you?” he started lecturing him.

 

“No. This is a misunderstanding. I’ll explain. It happened because she called me. And she…thought…” Minseok tried to clarify things but he’s too conscious of the hundreds of eyes fixed on him. And he couldn’t clearly explain because he felt terrible. He can already hear some people chatting about him and how a bastard he is and all sorts of things.

 

Just what did he do to deserve all these things that he didn’t even do?

 

The girl then faced him and she lifted the boxes on his hand. “You even bought me chicken! You’re really the best!” she cheered happily as she smiled from ear to ear.

 

Despite the fact that she reeks of beer, her long messy hair, red puffy eyes and all, this girl managed to look pretty when she smiles. Minseok stared at her dumbfoundedly. He’s expecting to see her in a much more miserable state like those girls in dramas who have their mascara and eyeliners streaking down their cheeks because of their tears. A much more messier hair and all.

 

But she doesn’t look so bad after all.

 

The other bouncer who was dragging the girl out earlier got up to him and harshly tapped his back. It couldn’t even be categorized as a simple ‘tap’. It’s more of a strike. A powerful strike. Minseok winced in pain as he turned to him, asking him why he did such a thing to him.

 

“Get out and talk out the things with her. The two of you ruined the whole night.”

 

“Why are you hurting him? You want me to punch you?” the girl behind him threatened the bouncer with an intense glare. “Why are you hurting my boyfriend?!”

 

Minseok run his hand through his hair. This is really the worst. Just how did he get into this kind of situation?

 

While Minseok was watching the girl argue to the bouncer, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. And this time it’s a real ‘tap’. He looked to his right and saw a man wearing a black polo. And there was a silver pin near his chest which can be read as ‘Manager’ And Minseok already had a bad feeling about it.

 

The manager smiled at him as he handed him a white paper. Minseok took it with furrowed brows, confused of his actions. “What’s this?”

 

“Your girlfriend kind of went a little wild earlier. And she broke some things. And since you’re the boyfriend, you should pay for it.”

 

Minseok scanned the paper as fast as he could. The bottles. The table. Shot glasses. And the people who were injured when she went on a rampage. Everything she ruined costs around 200,000 won. Great. First, he was mistaken as a bad guy and now he has to pay for something which he didn’t even do. He doesn’t even know her name and yet he’s paying for her.

 

This is definitely the best day of his life. Ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Are you mad at me?”

 

Minseok ignored her and just continued walking. He might say things she wouldn’t want to hear and she might cause another uproar. And he didn’t want that. So he just stayed silent and walked further.

 

He’s planning on catching a cab for her so that she can get home safely. And no. He wouldn’t let her get inside his car since she’s too troublesome.

 

 Jaekyung quickly trailed behind him. Even though she was still dizzy, she can’t let him go right now. They need to talk and fix things.

 

“Are you mad because I caused a commotion earlier?”

 

Still, Minseok didn’t answer her. He’s not in the mood to talk to the person who caused a lot of troubles for him today.

 

“I’m ..sorry.” she sobbed. “Jaehyun-ah, …I’m really… sorry!” she said in between her tears.

 

Minseok wanted to tell her that a simple sorry is not enough after all that he’d been through today. But his weakness is to see girls who cry. And he couldn’t help but feel bad. “Don’t cry!” he exclaimed at her, hoping that she’d stop shedding tears.

 

But it just worsened.

 

“I’m really sorry. Are you still mad at me?” she asked him, her tears were still falling. She was still crying.

 

Minseok hugged her and patted her back comfortingly. “I’m not mad at you. Just please stop crying.” he soothingly told her, wishing that she’d stop crying now.

 

“Really? You’re not mad?” she asked him as she wiped her tears away.

 

Minseok pulled away as he nodded with a smile. “I’m not. It’s getting late. I’m going to catch a cab for you. You should go home now. It’s not safe to be out in the streets at this hour. And please. Don’t kill yourself. Okay?” Minseok lectured her as he waited for a cab.

 

She didn’t answer him. Instead, she hugged him as tight as she could. “Yah! What are you doing!” Minseok exclaimed as his cheeks slowly turned pink. This girl is really ….

 

“Thank you for being here. I really thought you wouldn’t show up. I was so scared. I really thought I’d lose you forever.” she mumbled as she smiled at him. Jaekyung then placed her hands on his cheeks. “Things like goodbyes and everything about break ups, let’s not talk about those ever again okay?”

 

Words were stuck in his throat as his cheeks turned red. He’s not really used with being touched by others. Specially with a stranger. And what’s more is that she’s a girl.  Just what would he tell her when she’s being like this?

 

Suddenly, she narrowed her eyes at him, and she’s eyeing him rather cautiously.

 

Is she going to finally realize that I’m not that Jaehyun guy? Minseok thought as he warily looked away.

 

“Did you gain weight? Or are your cheeks swollen?” she finally asked him as she pinched his chubby cheeks.

 

Minseok’s lips twitched to the side, certainly he didn’t like what he just heard. People call him baozi for his chubby cheeks. Some even call him bun and everything else. But this is the first time he’s heard of his cheeks being swollen. And he doesn’t like it.

 

Not even a bit.

 

Minseok lightly pushed her hands away as he looked at the road. “It’s not swollen.” he mumbled in irritation.

 

“Don’t worry. I still like you even if you gain weight.” Jaekyung smiled at him before hugging him tight.

 

This girl is really too clingy. He thought as he stared at her. “Y-you should go home now—“

 

"Don't want to." Jaekyung mumbled as she snuggled closer to him.

 

Minseok shook his head as his lips formed a small smile. For some reasons, some strange reasons, he found himself smiling. "Stop being so stubborn. You need to go home." he mumbled as he looked at the road again. He saw a cab approaching them and immediately tried to stop it. "Here's the cab! You should--"

 

“I love you.” Jaekyung cut him off as she stood on her toes and leaned towards him. Slowly, her lips made it’s way to his.

 

 

 

 

tumblr_n35ah8OpIo1tnw2l6o2_250.gif

 

 

Thanks for reading! <3

 

 

tumblr_inline_n1sxtmw6u01rxifdi.gif