THIRTEEN

Wrong Number

 

 

 

Jongdae eyed Minseok with a glint of mischief visible in his eyes. “So you like her?” he asked, followed by his melodic laugh.

 

“That’s not the point. I’m asking you what I should do for us to be okay. Why can’t you just answer my question?” Minseok asked him with furrowed brows.

 

“Why can’t you answer my question?” Jongdae retorted with an evil smirk.

 

“Stop it Kim Jongdae it’s not funny.” Minseok glared at him.

 

Jongdae shrugged. “I guess you hate her since she’s such a .”

 

Minseok’s eyes widened at what he had heard. He slammed his palms on the table as he spoke. “Hey! Watch your mouth! Who’re you calling a ? Yoo Jaekyung is not a . She’s a good person. She’s just easily misunderstood.” Minseok ranted on and on, doing his best to defend her.

 

“See? You really like her. You’re even defending her. Remember how you hated her before? Now it’s completely the other way around.”

 

Minseok suddenly fell silent. He was right. He didn’t even think twice and just defended Jaekyung right away. But before, he was the one insisting that she’s a bad person and all.

 

So I really like her?

 

“You really like her?” Jongdae asked him the same question he just asked himself.

 

“I think I do.” Minseok mumbled in a low tone and then regretted it right away. “I don’t!” he exclaimed at the top of his lungs, getting all the attention of the people in the coffee shop. He ducked to cover his face and glared at Jongdae for the nth time today.

 

“So you finally got over my wife. Congratulations, bun.” Jongdae told him with a happy grin.

 

“What the heck are you talking about? I’ve gotten over Eunsol since we were in highschool.” Minseok told him with a shocked expression.

 

So all these years he was still suspecting him of being inlove with Eunsol?

 

Seriously.

 

Jongdae didn’t seem to be convinced. “I don’t believe you.”

 

“I attended you wedding and even congratulated the two of you remember?”

 

“But you were so in love with her during highschool that you even made a diary right? Right? Right?” Jongdae insisted with a pout.

 

“It’s a freaking journal. Not a diary. Get it right for once.” Minseok told him as he shook his head.

 

“And she’s still keeping that diary until today.” Jongdae growled at him.

 

Minseok smirked. “Oh really? You should start being afraid then. She might just file out a divorce you know. And I might invite you to our wedding.” He teased Jongdae.

 

Jongdae’s jaw fell open as he stared at his friend. “Hey! You told me you’ve gotten over her! You liar! I knew it! I’m so going to tell this to Eunsol. She won’t talk to you ever again.” Jongdae exclaimed like a kid.

 

And at that time, Minseok knew that he had won.

 

“I’ll find that Sehun guy and ask him to take your Jaekyung away. You meanie.” Jongdae told him with a threatening look.

 

Seriously. How old is this guy again? Minseok thought as he shook his head. Sometimes calling Kim Jongdae as his friend is embarrassing. “For your information, Sehun has a girlfriend.”

 

“And for your information, Eunsol is my wife.” Jongdae told him as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’ve gotten over her?”

 

Jongdae thought about it for a moment and then he finally spoke. “Give me your phone.”

 

Minseok frowned. “Why?”

 

“I’ll remove my wife’s number there so that you won’t be able to contact her.”

 

How childish could this guy get?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok glanced at his watch for the nth time today. 7:37 He silently read as his gaze diverted at the door. He was waiting for Jaekyung to come.

 

Why is she seven minutes late? She’s usually early. Why isn’t she here yet? Maybe she’s sick. Or maybe she still have hangover because of last night. Should I go and visit her? I’ll ask Byungjoo to get her address and then I’ll bring some soup. Right. I’ll do that.

 

Minseok then took his phone and started dialing Byungjoo’s number as fast as he could.

 

“What is it Hyung?”

 

“I’d like to know Jaekyung’s address.” He told Byungjoo.

 

“What? I didn’t hear you. It’s kind of noisy here.”

 

Minseok breathed deeply. “I said I’d like to know Ja---“

 

The door suddenly opened and Jaekyung walked inside without saying a word.

 

Minseok was stunned for a few seconds. He didn’t expect her to just barge in like that. And what’s more is, she looked… okay.

 

But is she really okay?

 

“You’re… here.” Minseok finally said something as he continued eyeing her, watching her every move. He ignored Byungjoo on the other line who was still talking to him and he quickly ended the call.

 

Jaekyung barely nodded at him for she was trying to get something from her bag.

 

“Yesterday… what happened to you yesterday?” He asked her. “What time did you go home?”

 

“I went home after 30 minutes.” Jaekyung answered him, still rummaging through her bag.

 

Liar. Minseok thought with a small frown. “What did you eat last night?”

 

“Lobsters. It was great.” Jaekyung answered without thinking twice.

 

Why are you lying to me? He thought as his face crumpled into a frown. Was she always like this? Always keeping everything to herself?

 

“I dropped by to give you this.” Jaekyung told him as she gave him an envelope. 

 

Minseok took the envelope and opened it only to find out that it contains money. “Why’re you giving me these?”

 

“It’s my payment. You paid for me twice right? You paid for the ruckus I caused at the bar. And the other one is for the hospital bills. I’m paying you back.” Jaekyung told him with a straight face.

 

Minseok shook his head and pushed the envelope back to her. “I can’t accept this.”

 

“Why?” she asked, her voice raising a little. “Do you pity me? Are you afraid that I won’t have money left?”

 

Minseok didn’t answer her. It’s not that he pities her. It’s just that.. he doesn’t want to accept her money. It didn’t feel right.

 

Jaekyung deeply breathed as she ran her hand through her hair. “For your information, my mother calls me her 300,000 won gem. It’s because I give her money every month. Now shut up and just accept the money and forget things that happened in the past.”

 

Still he didn’t answer.

 

“I need to go now. I have to see Sangdo. Did he arrive yet?” her tone became more calm unlike earlier.

 

“I don’t know. Why?”

 

“I’ll be resigning today. You and I… we can’t work together. It’s too chaotic. Right? So I decided that I’ll just leave. And you don’t have to thank me for it. I’ll be going.”

 

The door knob clicked and before Minseok knew it, Jaekyung was already gone. While he was trying to think of how he would convince her to stay, she already left.

 

“Dammit. Why didn’t she tell me this beforehand? Jaekyung’s really…so unpredictable.” He thought as he stood up and immediately followed her. She can’t just leave like that.

 

He has to find her first before she finds Sangdo or else, it’s all over.

 

She would leave.

 

And that’s not something Kim Minseok would like.

 

Especially now that he knows that he likes her.

 

Luckily, he was able to spot her walking leisurely towards the elevator. “Jaekyung! Wait!” he called her, wishing that she’s stop walking so that he can catch up to her. How can she walk so fast while wearing those heels? Unbelievable.

 

Jaekyung looked back to him with a curious look. “Why did you follow me?”

 

I followed you because I didn’t want you to leave. Don’t leave. He originally wanted to say those words, and yet he found himself unable to even move his mouth.

 

How do you actually ask someone not to leave you in a good way?

 

“Are you alright?” he heard her ask as she carefully studied him and his every move. “Why? Are you sick? Do you feel bad?”

 

Minseok slowly clenched his fists as he breathed deeply. He should be the one asking those to her. He should be the one checking if she’s alright and such. Because remembering all the things that happened to her yesterday, there’s no way Jaekyung would be fine. And yet she’s worrying about him right now.

 

“Yah.” Jaekyung nudged him to get his attention. “Why aren’t you answering? Do you want to go to the hosp--”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Her brows lightly creased as she blinked in confusion. “What? Why’re you saying sorry?”

 

“I’m sorry for misunderstanding you. I.. treated you badly. I’m really sorry Jaekyung. I was wrong about you.  I..” he stopped talking when he realized that Jaekyung was sobbing.

 

She didn’t know why either. When Minseok apologized to her, she just felt like crying. And she hated herself for it. Yesterday, it was like the world was crashing on her. And now here comes this bun, apologizing, saying that he was wrong and he misunderstood her. And as much as she hate to admit it, those were the words that she needed to hear the most right now.

 

Minseok felt bad seeing her cry like this. Because this time she’s crying not because of that Jaehyun. But because of him. And he feels as if he’s such a bad guy for making her cry. “Stop crying. It kills me.” Minseok pulled her into a hug and gently tapped her back. Holding her like this, actually felt good. And if he could, he’d never let her go. She just fits perfectly in his arms as if she lived to be hugged by him.

 

“I’m sorry too.” Jaekyung mumbled as she sniffled. “Since the day we first met, I’ve only been causing you trouble here and there. I have a rotten attitude right? I’m sorry.”

 

Even though he hated to, Minseok broke the hug. “Let’s just forget everything else that happened in the past okay?” he told her as he wiped away her tears away. Jaekyung nodded with a small smile.

 

“What are the two of you doing here?” Minseok froze as he turned to his right and saw Sangdo. He was with Sehun. And the thing is Sehun is smirking at him.

 

“We’re just talking.” Jaekyung answered for him. Sangdo just smiled rather mischievously as he nodded at her. “Follow me Jaekyung. I have something to tell you.” He told her as he walked away.

 

They left just like that and Minseok wasn’t even able to say goodbye to her. And it .

 

“You really like Jaekyung noona don’t you?” Sehun grinned at him.

 

“Why? What’s wrong with liking her?” Since he already knows it, what’s the use of denying right?

 

Sehun shook his head, the grin never leaving his lips. “Nothing’s wrong with it.”

 

Minseok frowned at him. “You’re from the production department right? Then what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be on the second flo--”

 

“I’ll help you with Jaekyung noona.” Sehun cut him off.

 

Minseok’s frown slowly vanished. “You.. will?”

 

“Of course I will!” Minseok didn’t seem to be convinced with this kid. He looked really mischievous and naughty. It’s like he’s the last person in the wolrd that Minseok would trust. Really.

 

“Just trust me hyung.” Sehun circled his arm around his neck. “It’s hot these days isn’t it?” he started fanning himself while acting as if it’s so hot when it’s not. Their building is fully air-conditioned so there’s no way he’d feel hot.

 

And Minseok already knew that he wants something from him. “What do you want?”

 

“Bubble tea.” Sehun told him with a straight face.

 

“You’re telling me to buy you free drinks just because you knew that I like Jaekyung?” Minseok asked him. Sehun nodded at him gleefully.

 

“No way. I’m not buying you your precious bubble tea.” Minseok walked away from him. This kid will just use him as his credit card. And he won’t let that happen.

 

“Jaekyung noona hates the snow. She loves eating blueberry pies. Her favorite color will always be pink. When we were in highschool she was really bad at numbers. Basically, she at Math.” Sehun started reciting random facts about Jaekyung.

 

Minseok looked back to him with an unreadable expression on his face. “I know a whole lot more about noona. Are you sure you won’t need my help hyung?” he asked Minseok.

 

Minseok deeply breathed as he sighed and walked back to Sehun. “What flavor?”

 

Sehun blinked in confusion. “Her favorite flavor? Jaekyung noona likes chocolate.”

 

Minseok shook his head and scratched the back of his neck. “No. I mean, your bubble tea.”

 

Sehun’s face brightened. “I’d like to try the mango flavor today.” He told him happily.

 

Minseok sighed. He couldn’t believe that he’s actually doing these.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry it took so long~ hehe.

Hope you enjoyed it!

I really like Sehun here.lol

<3