ELEVEN

Wrong Number

 

 

 

 

 

“Just where did Mr. Han go?” Jaekyung mumbled to herself for the nth time already as she continued walking, hoping to find any signs of Mr. Han.

 

But there’s none. There’s not even a single trace of his shadow.

 

Jaekyung sighed as she stopped. Her feet were already sore and red from walking. “How dare he just disappear a few minutes before the presentation? If I don’t find him today, all of our efforts will be wasted. So no matter what, I really need to find Mr. Han.” she told herself as she continued walking, ignoring the throbbing pain in her feet.

 

Truthfully, there’s one more reason why he desperately wants to find Mr. Han.

 

It’s because of Kim Minseok.

 

 

 

“I just really hate her. I don’t know why.”

 

 

 

Minseok’s words were still resonating inside her head. Yes. She was fully aware that he hates her. But she didn't know that it was to that extent.

 

Why does he hate me so much?

 

I apologized to him but he didn’t seem to have accepted it. I also wanted us to be friends so that we could work well together. But when he refused, I accepted his decision and I stayed away from him. And now, he still hates me?

 

Just what do I have to do?

 

She simply shook her head and tried to stay positive. “It’s okay Jaekyung. Just forget about that. For now, find Mr. Han and show him that he’s wrong about his thoughts of you.” she mumbled to herself as she tried to smile. “It’s okay. I’m okay. I’m Yoo Jaekyung. Why would I not be okay?”

 

But the truth is, she’s not okay. It’s not okay. Right now, nothing feels okay for her.

 

Being hated is one of the most painful things to feel and to go through.

 

When someone tells you that they hate you, you feel small. it was as if everything you’re doing is just not enough. That it will never be enough. That no matter what she does, she would always be that detestable girl that everybody hates. That no matter how she tries to do something good, they will always see her bad side, her flaws.

 

Jaekyung deeply breathed as she clenched her fists. Don’t cry. Stupid. she chanted to herself as she tried to hold back her tears.

 

Don’t cry here. There’s so many people right now. They’ll think you’re weird. she told herself as she slowly walked again with a heavy heart. Suddenly, her right heel broke, resulting for her to trip and fall. And in an instant she found herself sitting at the cold ground. And what’s worse is people are now staring at her weirdly.

 

“Just what kind of mishappening is this?!” she cursed as her tears started cascading down her cheeks.

 

Today, was definitely the worst day ever. And coincidentally, today was her supposed to be third anniversary with Jaehyun. And upon remembering him, she knew she just wouldn’t be able to control her tears.

 

“Are you okay?” a random girl asked her as she offered her hand to help her up.

 

Jaekyung swallowed as she took the girls arm and slowly stood up. “I’m… not okay.” For the first time she finally admitted her true feelings. “I’m nowhere near okay.”

 

“Why are you hurt?”

 

Jaekyung desperately nodded as she wiped away her tears. “It ..hurts.”

 

“Where does it hurt? Do you want to go to the hospital?”

 

She didn’t know what to tell him for she, herself also doesn’t know if it was her sore feet that hurts or her ego which Minseok just stepped on earlier or her heart which Jaehyun broke. She didn’t know which was it that causes her to be hurt. The only thing that’s clear to her is that, right now, she’s hurting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It was a success!” Minseok’s officemates cheered happily as they left the conference room. Mr. Han approved all of their proposals and by next month, they’re going to go and shoot the TVC. It was a huge success and yet he doesn’t feel celebratory. He doesn’t feel that happy.

 

And it’s because of a certain someone.

 

“Why’s your face like that? Shouldn’t you be happy that we did it?” Sangdo asked him as he slung his hand over his arm. Minseok tried to smile. “I’m happy. It’s just that…”

 

“Jaekyung? You’re thinking of her right?” he grinned as he bumped Minseok playfully. He shook his head and pushed away his hand which was resting on his shoulder. “I’m not.”

 

“Did you apologize to her earlier?”

 

Minseok bit his lower lip in shame. That was the problem. He still hasn’t apologized to her yet. So he has to talk to her before this day ends to clear out his conscience. If not, he wouldn’t be able to sleep peacefully. He tried to scan their office, trying to find her through the sea of his officemates while completely ignoring Sangdo and his rants.

 

But he couldn’t find her. Did she go home already? he thought as he frowned. Suddenly, he saw Hansol talking to Byungjoo. More like scolding Byungjoo for causing such a ruckus earlier.

 

Without thinking twice he went to where they are, not minding to even look back at Sangdo who was calling him back.

 

“Hansol-ah, can I get my phone back?” it was an excuse. What he really wanted to ask was if he had seen Jaekyung.

 

“Sure hyung.” Hansol stopped talking to Byungjoo and immediately fished out Minseok phone out of his pocket and gave it to him.

 

“Have you seen Jaekyung? I can’t see her anywhere.” Minseok finally asked him the question that he really wanted to ask.

 

At the mention of her name, Hansol froze. He had completely forgotten about her and about texting her. Minseok immediately noticed his reaction and he suddenly was suddenly alarmed. “Don’t tell me you…”

 

“I’m so sorry Hyung!” Hansol instantly apologized as he bowed several times.

 

“You forgot?!” the tone of his voice was rising without him noticing it. He was very furious. How could he forget about her!

 

Hansol didn’t say anything for it will only worsen the situation. And also, it was his fault. So there was no need to defend his self.

 

“I told you to text her didn’t I? Do you know that she’s not yet here? What if she’s still out there trying to find Mr. Han? What if something bad has happened to her?! How would you take responsibility for it?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok sighed dejectedly as he raked his hand through his hair. When he checked his phone, there were 16 missed calls and 27 unread messages. Jaekyung had been calling him and asking him from time to time about Mr. Han.

 

Just why did Hansol forget? Of all of the things in the world, why did he have to forget about telling her that Mr. Han didn’t really leave?

 

As much as he wanted to try to find her, sadly, Jaekyung wasn’t answering any of his calls or texts. And it frustrates him to the core.

 

Is she taking revenge on me now? Doesn’t she know that I’m dying here because I’m worried for her? Why does she always cause trouble to others? If she--

 

The door suddenly opened. He looked up, wishing that it was Jaekyung. But it wasn’t. It was a blonde haired guy with a sharp jawline.

 

“Excuse me, I’m Oh Sehun from the Production Team. I’m here because of Jaekyung noona. I can’t find her anywhere. Have you seen her?”

 

Sehun. He recalled. This was the guy he talked to before. So this is Sehun. It seems like he’s very close to her for him to personally come here and pick her up. Is he crushing on her? he thought as he frowned. The mere thought of him liking her was not very plausible to him.

 

“She’s not back yet.” he responded briefly, not wanting to give more details to this guy who has such sharp jaws.

 

“I’ll just get her things. I might see her somewhere.” Sehun walked inside and grabbed her bag and coat. He was about to leave but then, Minseok stopped him.

 

“Where..” he swallowed hard. “Where will you look for her? I’d like to help.” he said. Truthfully, he didn’t want him to find her first. So he thought he’ll just try to find her too.

 

“I’ll go and look around at the bars around here.” Sehun told him with a bored look.

 

Minseok’s frown deepened. “Bars? Why there? Is there a specific place that she hangs around often? Or maybe a friend’s house---”

 

“Today’s her anniversary with her ex. So I was thinking that she might be drinking somewhere. At times like this, alcohol is her bestfriend.”

 

Minseok was stunned by what he had heard. Today is her anniversary with that Jaehyun. And today, he said hurtful things to her. He said that he hates her and even said that she was no good that’s why Jaehyun left her.

 

“I think her boyfriend left her because clearly she’s just no good.”

 

He suddenly remembered what he had told Sangdo earlier. And what’s more is that Hansol forgot to tell her that Mr. Han didn’t really leave.

 

It didn’t take him one more second before he stormed out of their office. No matter what, he has to find her.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaekyung… she must’ve been very sad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

double update. :)

 

 

 

 

If there's anyone there who's interested in a Kyungsoo story, I have one. Hehe. If your interested, click the link. If not, then ignore it. ^^