EIGHT

Wrong Number

 

 

 

 

Minseok carefully placed the choco hazelnut frappe at the upper corner of table. Since he wanted to make a good impression to the person who will be working with him, he thought of buying her a drink. “I hope she’ll like this.” he mumbled with a smile as he sat on his fluffy chair.

 

Earlier, Byungjoo had informed him about the new employee and he didn’t even have to think twice. Minseok knew he really needs someone else’s help. Working in an advertising agency is too tiring and hectic and all. That’s why he accepted the applicant right away. Besides they kept on saying that’s she’s great and all.

 

So there’s really no reason for him to reject her.

 

The knob turns and slowly, the door opened. Minseok slightly arranged his shirt as his head turned towards the door. His thick eyebrows deeply creased when he noticed that the girl looked awfully familiar to him.

 

Is that… ‘her’? He thought as he intently stared at her, studying her every feature. And at that time, he was really pleading to the Gods that her name is not Yoo Jaekyung or anything close to that.

 

“Oh.. it’s you.” was the only thing she said after finally recognizing him.

 

Minseok immediately frowned. After all the things that happened, what she’s going to say is  ‘Oh.. it’s you.’? Seriously. She didn’t even bother apologizing to him.

 

“What are you doing here?” was the only thing that came out of his mouth at the moment.

 

Jaekyung walked towards him and sat on the chair in front of his table. “I’m the applicant who was accepted after 4 hours.” Jaekyung smiled as she bowed at him. “Nice to meet you. I’m Yoo Jaekyung. Thank you for accepting me here. I will try my best.”

 

Minseok’s face scrunched up. What’s this? Is she really crazy? Before she was doing all sorts of crazy things and now she looked decent and civilized. She’s even bowing and smiling at me. He turned to her and studied the expression in her face. And what pissed him much much more is that she is smiling at him.

 

The heck.

 

The girl who caused all sorts of trouble to him is here in front of him, smiling politely at him. And she’s even saying that she’ll work here starting tomorrow.

 

Big no.

 

Minseok immediately fished his phone out of his pocket and started calling Byungjoo. “What are you doing?” he heard her ask.

 

“I’m going to tell them that I can’t accept you here.” he hissed at her as he waited for Byungjoo to pick up the darn phone. What’s with him? Is he playing with Hansol again? Byungjoo answer your phone!

 

Jaekyung blinked. “But I already signed the contract.” she informed him. Earlier, she thought it was a bit weird for the assistant named Byungjoo to ask her to sign the contract since she just went here for an interview. But he said that she was already accepted, so she just signed. And she doesn’t even have an idea that she’s going to work with this guy.

 

It was like Minseok’s world shattered when he heard her say that. Just why did he tell Byungjoo that he’ll accept the applicant right away? That’s just stupid.

 

And he was actually thinking that things will be much better since he’s going to have someone alongside him. But it was the other way around. Completely the other way around.

 

Jaekyung’s eyes caught the frappe at the corner of his table. “Is this mine?” her expression lit up as she was about to get it but Minseok snatched it away in no time.

 

“No. It’s mine.” he mumbled as he placed the drink at the other side of the table, the farthest spot possible from Jaekyung. That way he’s sure that she won’t be able to get it.

 

Her face crumpled into a frown. “But you already have a coffee there.” she pointed out the coffee cup just in front of Minseok.

 

“In an advertising agency. We rarely sleep. So I need lots and lots of coffee.” Minseok said as he immediately drank his coffee and then he devoured the frappe in no time.

 

Jaekyung eyed him. Since the first time he saw her, she knew that he wasn’t exactly pleased with the idea of her working with him. “Are you still mad at me? Is it because of what happened before?” she asked him.

 

Minseok didn’t answer. Instead he coldly eyed her. No words can explain how he feels about her.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jaekyung mumbled as she looked down. “I’m really sorry about last time. I know that I’m wrong and I reacted badly. That time my head really hurts and I really want to see Jaehyun. I’m really sorry.”

 

And Minseok really hated the fact that she sounded sincere when she apologized. Suddenly, he thought of something. Minseok eyed her as he spoke. “Is it possible that you are the sasaeng one here?”

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened. “No!” she firmly denied as she shook her head.

 

“Analyzing everything that happened, you called my number and threatened me to meet you. Then you said that I’m your boyfriend and you ki—No. Uh.. after that you applied here because you know that I work here. Makes sense right?” Minseok asked her.

 

“I have a boyfriend. His name is Ahn Jaehyun. And I’m not your sasaeng. Definitely not!” Jaekyung frowned at him. How dare he doubt her feelings for Jaehyun?

 

Minseok straightened up and finally spoke. “It feels bad right? Being accused of something you’re not.” What he wanted was for her to realize and feel how he felt when she accused him of being sasaeng. He just want her to understand him and why he’s irritated with her.

 

“I’m really sorry.” she apologized once more.

 

He deeply sighed as he massaged his right temple, not wanting to hear her apology anymore. “Just why did you resign from your previous job?”

 

Jaekyung gnawed on her inner cheek as she stared at him. Thinking if she should really tell him the reason why she resigned from her previous job. Sehun thought she was crazy for doing that. For sure Minseok will think the same way.

 

“I’m asking you why you resigned.” Minseok asked her again.

 

She scratched the back of her neck as she spoke with uneasiness. “That..uh.. it’s a bit complicated and—“

 

“Just tell me.”

 

Jaekyung sighed. There’s nothing she could really do right now but to tell him the truth. “I resigned because I can’t take Jaehyun’s pictures off my workplace.” She mumbled quietly, but still it was audible for Minseok to hear. “I decorated my cubicle with his pictures..with our pictures. And I used.. a heavy duty glue. And now, I can’t take them off.” Jaekyung continued as she turned to him and she saw that he was not pleased with her answer.

 

“Is that it?” Minseok asked her not believing the fact that she resigned just because of those pictures.

 

Jaekyung silently nodded at him.

 

Minseok realized something. Aside from her being unbelievably unreasonable, he realized that all of this is Ahn Jahyun’s fault. It’s his fault! Everything happened because of that guy. He met this crazy girl because that Jaehyun left her. And she resigned because of him again. And now, they’re going to work together.

 

It’s all because of Ahn Jaehyun.

 

“Everything happened because of that guy! Just where is he? Aish.” Minseok suddenly said without thinking.

 

“I don’t know.”Jaekyung’s eyes turned glum as she tried her best to smile. “If you hate him that much, will you hunt him down for me? I can’t find him anywhere.”

 

Minseok swore that when he turned to look at her, he noticed that her eyes were slightly watery and he mentally cursed himself bringing that guy up. No. Don’t cry. Not here. Not in the office. They’ll think that I made you cry. Minseok chanted in his mind as he tried to think of anything to talk about but he can’t seem to think of anything. Her sad eyes were distracting him too much.

 

You haven’t talked to him yet?

Have you tried visiting his house?

Did you ask his friends about his whereabouts?

Just why did the two of you breakup?

 

Minseok was itching to ask her those things but he knew they weren’t that close. And it just might hurt her even more. So he tried to steer away the topic from the bastard named Ahn Jaehyun.

 

He cleared his throat to catch her attention. Jaekyung immediately looked up and turned to him. “Since this is my office, let’s set up some rules.”

 

“Rules? But Byungjo---“

 

Minseok held one finger; “First. Don’t touch my things.” he cut her off.

 

Jaekyung snorted at him. “I have my own things.”

 

Minseok ignored her and just continued setting up some rules. “Second. Don’t come near me.”  

 

“Yah! I don’t have an infectious disease! And how will I work with you when I don’t----“

 

Minseok flinched at her. “5 meters. That’s enough right?” he asked her with a cold look. Jaekyung just remained silent. “Don’t touch, hug or even poke me. Don’t. Okay?”

 

This guy.. is he thinking that she’s some sort of a ert? She thought as she frowned. “I won’t! I seriously wont!” Jaekyung exclaimed at him.

 

“Don’t talk loudly and play loud music. Don’t talk to me when it’s unnecessary. Don’t—“

 

“I came here to work with you. How can I work properly when you’re limiting me?” Jaekyung asked him. She’s definitely not happy with how he’s treating her. He’s being very unfair.

 

“This is my office.” Minseok stated as he pointed to his whole office. “My office. My rules.” he smirked at her to irritate her even more.

 

She just sighed as she crossed her arms in front of her. “Any more rules?”

 

“Lastly, don’t cry.”

 

Jaekyung eyed him weirdly. “What?”

 

“Uhh… that.. just don’t.” he mumbled trying to think of any good reason why he prohibits her from crying. “I find it annoying when someone cries. So don’t cry. If you’re going to cry. Then go out.” he told her as he watched her expression. She seemed unhappy with the rules he was setting.

 

Minseok just wanted to erase that guy from her mind even just for a small period of time. Was his words too harsh?

 

“Don’t worry I won’t cry.” Jaekyung mumbled as she made a face at him.

 

Minseok nodded. “Good.”

 

Jaekyung silently eyed him. And Minseok couldn’t help but feel conscious under her gaze. What could she be thinking of while she looking at me like that? He thought as he looked away. “Any questions?” he asked her awkwardly.

 

“Your face..” Jaekyung trailed off. Minseok whipped his head towards her. “No. Your cheeks.” Jaekyung corrected herself as she smiled.

 

Misneok slightly frowned. My cheeks again. Whoever it is that he’s talking to, they won’t fail to notice his cheeks. “What?” he asked her.

 

“When I’m looking at you like this, all of a sudden, I feel like I want to eat. Your cheeks remind me of mandoo.” Jaekyung said as she chuckled heartily.

 

Minseok just ignored her. Endure it Minseok. This is her first day here. Endure it.

 

“It seems like you’re stuffing mandoo inside your cheeks.” Jaekyung added, enjoying her inside joke which Minseok doesn’t really like.

 

“Not funny.” he commented. Her teasing him like that just reminds him of Luhan and how he teases him about his cheeks.

 

“Your cheeks seems so fluffy and soft and squishy. Can I pinch it?” Jaekyung asked him as she raised her hand and was just about to pinch his cheeks. But she suddenly stopped. “Oh. You told me not to touch you right? Okay. I won’t.” she said as she quickly withdrew her hand.

 

There was a teensy bit of disappointment in his part when she didn’t pinch his cheek. Maybe he’s used to being pinched by almost everybody. That’s it. Nothing more. Nothing less. That’s it. Right? Yes. That’s it. He thought as he nodded a bit.

 

Jaekyung suddenly thought of something. “If I can’t touch your cheeks, then can I just call you Kim Mandoo instead?”

 

“No.” he quickly answered. There's no way he'll let her call her that.

 

“Okay." Jaekyung said as she smiled from ear to ear. "Kim Mandoo. Nice meeting you.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_n5r9onlQBH1t7r6xzo1_r1_250.gif tumblr_n5r9onlQBH1t7r6xzo4_r1_250.gif

 

 

OT12 forever. Right? Right.