FIVE

Wrong Number

 

 

Minseok never once thought that his first kiss would happen with  a stranger. And he also never imagined he’d end up kissing this drunk girl slash walking disaster. That’s the last thing he’d think of actually.

 

But what can he do when she suddenly kissed him out of the blue?

 

Even though she tasted bitter because of all the beers she took, her lips were soft. And he stood there, frozen. He didn’t know what to do anymore. Thankfully, she pulled away.

 

“Y-you shouldn’t randomly kiss people you know.” he stuttered as his cheeks flamed.

 

“Should I ask permission first?” Jaekyung grinned at him. “Can I kiss you then?” she asked him.

 

Minseok immediately shook his head. “N-no.”

 

Jaekyung snorted at him. “You’re such a bad person! A simple call. A simple text. How hard was it to do huh?” Jaekyung lectured him as she hit him in the chest several times.

 

Minseok tried to dodge her attacks. “Hey! Stop hitting me.”

 

Jaekyung then immediately stopped hitting him. “I’m sorry. Did it hurt?” Jaekyung  pouted as she turned to him. “I was just.. a bit angry at you for not contacting me after sending me that message.” she explained as she hugged him again for the hundredth time now.

 

Is she bipolar? First she kissed me, and then she suddenly hits me out of nowhere telling me how bad I am and now she’s hugging me again. Definitely bipolar. Minseok thought as he eyed her.

 

“I really love you. Let’s not break up. Ever. Okay?” Jaekyung told him as she buried her face in his chest.

 

Now Minseok felt guilty. This girl has been declaring about how much she loves her boyfriend—which is definitely not him. She’s hugging him, telling him sweet things and she even kissed him. In simpler terms, Xiumin shouldn’t be here receiving all the love which was meant for her boyfriend.

 

And so, he thought he should explain things to her. “I have to tell you something.” he started off.

 

She didn’t answer so he presumed she was letting him talk.

 

“Well, the thing is… I’m not your boyfriend. I’m not Ahn Jaehyun. I really tried to explain it to you but you never gave me the chance to. I think you really love him. And you mistook him as me. But I’m not your boyfriend.” Minseok finally said what he’s been wanting to say for a while now.

 

But she isn’t answering.

 

Is she mad at him?

 

“Are you listening to me?” he asked her.

 

Still, she didn’t answer him. Minseok decided to check on her whose face was buried in his chest. And that when he realized that she didn’t even budge.  She didn’t even move an inch. Her eyes were already closed.

 

Is she asleep? He thought as he tried to shake her but she isn’t waking up. Panic rose in his blood as she wasn’t responding to him.

 

Did she die? Minseok quickly tried to find her pulse but his hands were shaking too much and he couldn’t even determine anything.

 

And that’s when he decided to call an ambulance.

 

 

 

 

 

At the hospital,

 

Minseok watched as she the doctors transferred her into the room, and began running exams. He sat on the vacant chair and sincerely prayed for her to be okay. Yes, she made a lot of troubles today but still, she doesn’t deserve to die just because of those.

 

She won’t possibly die right? he thought as he stood up and began walking around in circles, he just couldn’t stay still.

 

Why’s the doctor taking so long? Are they going to operate her? What if they need blood donors and they’re blood types aren’t compatible?

 

“You’re the patient’s boyfriend right? Please fill in this form and then please go straight to the cashier for the settlement of the expenses.” A nurse came up to him, asking him to fill up the form.

 

“I’m not her boyfriend---” he couldn’t finish his sentence because she already walked away and tended another patient, leaving Minseok to have no choice but to fill up the damned form and pay for hospital fees.

 

For the second time, he’s going to pay because of her. This girl already owes her a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How was she? Is she okay now? How are her vital signs? Is she breathing perfectly? Do you need blood donors? How much would an operation cost? Do you think she can undergo such surgeries? Doctor, please answer me. Minseok bombarded the doctor who treated her with a lot of questions the very moment he came out of the room. He was too anxious to know Jaekyung’s condition.

 

The doctor smiled at him as he patted his shoulder comfortingly. “She’s okay now. She’s still asleep. But you may visit her.” he told Minseok as he opened the door wider, revealing her who was in a deep slumber.

 

Finally, Minseok was able to breathe. She’s okay. He thought as he smiled in relief.

 

“You should take care of your girlfriend.” the doctor told him.

 

Minseok nodded his head. “I will.” he answered without thinking twice and regretted it after. “No. I mean, I will---“

 

"I need to go and check on other patients now. I’ll come after an hour to check on her condition.” The doctor said as he adjusted his coat and left.

 

Now, Minseok was left in the room with her. He silently sat on the chair beside her bed and stared at her. “You caused a lot of troubles for me. Do you know that? You asked me to deliver chicken to you. You threatened me. You kissed me. You made me pay for you twice. And now, you’re resting there comfortably. Aish.” he lectured her, knowing that she couldn’t hear him for she was asleep.

 

A lot happened last night. Because of this person. He doesn’t even know her name and yet he has done so many things for her. “Anyway, it’s a big relief that you’re okay now. I hope you and your real boyfriend will be okay as well.” he added with a small smile.

 

Last night when she mistook him as her boyfriend, by the way she treated him, he can picture her as an ‘okay girlfriend’ You know, those sweet, and charming type of girls. She seemed to be like one of those. If she’s like that, then why would her stupid boyfriend break up with her? “Well, it’s not really my problem right?” he mumbled as he rested on his chair comfortably.

 

Suddenly, the phone at the table rang. It was her phone. Minseok chose to answer the phone and tell that person that she’s in the hospital so that they can fetch her. That way he’ll be sure that she went home safely.

 

“Hello?” Minseok greeted politely as he answered the phone call.

 

“Who are you? Why are you answering my noona’s phone?”

 

His brows pinched together. Why is this guy talking to him like this? This guy has no manners at all. Well, he should explain things first so that he would understand him right? “She was with me last night. She was drunk and she---“

 

“Last night? Drunk? Where are the two of you right now?”

 

Minseok glanced at her. “She’s sleeping beside me right now.” Well, that sounded wrong. Really wrong. “I mean she’s at the---“

 

“Who the hell are you?! What did you do to her?!”

 

Minseok sighed. just like this girl beside him, the person he’s talking to doesn’t listen to everything he’s trying to say. “Calm down. I didn’t do anything to her. We’re at the hospital. She—“

 

“Hospital?! Did you hurt her? I’ll seriously call the police!”

 

 

 

 

 

Thankfully, the call ended and the guy named Sehun which turns out to be her officemate or something is coming over to check on her situation. He just doesn’t believe everything that Minseok is saying.

 

“Are they siblings? They are so much alike.” he mumbles as he shook his head. “Troublemakers.” 

 

“Kim Minseok-ssi, there’s some problem regarding the payment. “Please go to the cashier and have it settled.” the nurse notified him.

 

“Okay. I’ll go. But.. will you watch over her?” he asked the nurse as he pointed to Jaekyung. “I won’t take long. Promise. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” he added.

 

The nurse nodded with a smile. With that, Minseok left and headed to the cashier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The very moment he left was the time when Jaekyung finally opened her eyes and woke up. “Where am I?” she looked around with one eye still closed, she was still sleepy after all. White walls. Medical machines and all. A nurse. “Hospital?” she concluded.

 

“Your boyfriend took you here last night.” the nurse informed her.

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened. Now, she was fully awake. “Boyfriend?” That means, Jaehyun’s here. Right? Does that mean they’re okay now?

 

The nurse nodded. “Yes. He left just now. But he’ll come back soon.”

 

She smiled as she sat up from her bed. “Where is he?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_inline_n2ihhhtNQA1r97t3a.gif

Almost 100 subs. <3 Thank you guyth. Huehuehue