SEVEN

Wrong Number

 

 

 

 

Jaekyung silently placed her things inside the big box on the top of her table. Her books, the alarm clock, some stuff toys, a small plant, pencils, and some things which were actually trash but she believes she might be able to use it in the future so she refuses to throw it out.

 

Sehun eyed her as he took a seat beside her. “Are you going to be in another department?” he asked as he took a peek inside the box.

 

Jaekyung shook her head as she brushed off the dust in her water bottle before placing it inside the box. “No.”

 

“Why are you packing up your things then?” he asked her innocently.  If she’s packing all of her things, doesn’t that mean she’s going anywhere?

 

“I resigned just a few minutes ago.” Jaekyung simply stated. Sehun’s eyes bugged out as he heard what she has said. “You …what?”

 

“I said I resigned. Are you deaf huh?” she eyed him cautiously. "You should go to a clinic and have your ears checked Hun."

 

“But why did you resign? Why so sudden? Is it because I’m going to move out too?” he grinned mischievously at her. “Why? Are you going to miss me a lot noona?”

 

She made a face at him. “You wish.”

 

“Then why?”

 

Jaekyung bit her lips as she closed the lid of the box. “I didn’t really plan to leave but…”

 

“But?” Sehun trailed off, waiting for her answer.

 

Jaekyung pointed to her workspace which was full of Jaehyun's pictures. On the walls, the table, everywhere screams of AhnJ aehyun. "It's.. because I can't remove his pictures." she mumbled ever so silently.

 

He stared at her in awe. “That’s it? Just because of that? Are you even serious?” Sehun asked her, expecting her to say something which was way more reasonable. She can’t possibly resign from a good job just because she can’t remove her ex-boyfriend’s pictures in her cubicle.

 

Jaekyung glared at him. “What do you mean by that?! Do you know that I’m still hurt? If I see his picture everyday, then I won’t be able to work properly.” She reasoned out. “And because I’m so smart, I resigned.”

 

Sehun shook his head with a chuckle. “Just who told you to decorate the rest of your cubicle with his pictures? You even used super glue. Now you can’t take them off.” he started lecturing her.

 

“Whatever.” Jaekyung rolled her eyes at him as she grabbed the box and walked away. “You’re not helping at all. Just get those boxes and place them inside my car. That way you'll be able to help me” she instructed him with a goofy smile.

 

“But where are you going to work now? Have you found a job somewhere?” Sehun followed her as he carried the other boxes.

 

Jaekyung smiled sheepishly. “Not yet. I haven’t even looked for a job.”

 

“Then why did you resign?!” he exclaimed at her.

 

Her bottom lip jutted out as she turned to Sehun. “When I went here, the first thing I saw in my desk was his picture that’s why I went to out Manager and filed a resignation.”

 

Sehun sighed in exasperation. “Noona, are you crazy?”

 

“Am I?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun jogged towards her with a smile. “All set. I already placed all your things in the trunk.”

 

Jaekyung nodded at him as she patted his head. “Good boy. I’m going now. See you when we see each other!” she waved goodbye at him as she started the engine.

 

Sehun quickly went inside her car and sat beside her. “Aren’t you even going to say ‘thanks’?” he grinned.

 

“Thanks.” Jaekyung told him with a straight face. “Now, go. Shoo.” she said as she shooed him away like a dog.

 

“If you’re thankful, then buy me bubble tea.” he declared with a big smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“Really? Those really happened to you?” Jongdae asked Minseok, not believing the story he just told him.

 

“Can you believe that? She actually had the guts to call me a sasaeng!” Minseok exclaimed as he fumed in anger.

 

“What’s her name?” Jongdae asked him in curiosity.

 

Minseok’s face crumpled into a frown. “I don’t know and I don’t want to know.”

 

Jongdae smirked at how his friend was reacting. “You must really hate her then.”

 

“I do! Who wouldn’t?!” Minseok quickly answered back. “She’s really annoying and loud and irritating and she’s not polite! Seriously.” he shook his head upon remembering her and her rude attitude.

 

Jongdae smiled at him as he ate his cake. Minseok caught it and glared at him. “Why’re you smiling? I just told you one of the worst things that happened to me. And you’re happy about it? Yah! Kim Jongdae are you really my friend?”

 

Jongdae shook his head as he chewed. “No. That’s not it.”

 

“Then what?”

 

The corners of his lips curled up. “It’s just that… I think it’s the first time I’ve heard you badmouthing a girl. It’s just ..unusual.” he commented.

 

“But she deserves it! Seriously! She’s really… aish. Let’s not talk about her anymore. I’m about to lose my appetite.” Minseok grumbled as he ate a piece of his cake, trying to relieve his stress.

 

Jongdae just shrugged. “Okay.”

 

After a few seconds of silence, Minseok put down his fork and sighed. “But she didn’t even say ‘thank you’ to me! Not even once!”

 

The corners of Jongdae's lips turned up as he eyed Minseok. "I'm really really curious about her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “But noona, who’s the guy who was with you yesterday? The one who answered your phone.” Sehun asked her as he placed his bubble tea down.

 

“Ahh.. that.” Jaekyung shrugged as she eyed him. “I don’t know.”

 

Sehun’s forehead creased. “You don’t know? You were with him last night and yet you don’t know?”

 

She nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Did you thank him for taking care of you?” Sehun asked her. Jaekyung shook her head as she took a sip in her taro bubble tea. “I didn’t.”

 

Sehun shook his head disapprovingly. “He took care of you and he paid for your bills and you didn’t even say ‘thank you’?”

 

“It was true?” Jaekyung blinked at Sehun.  “I thought he was just lying so I did everything to avoid him. I even accused him of being a sasaeng so that he won’t talk to me anymore.”

 

Sehun placed his palm on his forehead. Sometimes Jaekyung’s really so dim-witted. “Noona how can you be so stupid? He helped you!”

 

Jaekyung pouted. “How would I know if he’s telling the truth? I woke up and saw him and the shirt I gave to Jaehyun and I remembered that guy and.. aish. Let’s not talk about it anymore.”

 

Yesterday, for the whole day, she was trying to contact Ahn Jaehyun. She got drunk, and even thought of committing suicide and all. And when she woke up, she was in the hospital. And the nurse told her that her ‘boyfriend’ came and so on. Of course she would think that he came back. That maybe he didn’t mean to break up with her.

 

Jaekyung had high hopes about finally meeting him. And when she did, she found out that it wasn’t Ahn Jaehyun but some random guy who happens to have the same exact shirt she gave to Jaehyun.

 

Who wouldn’t be mad? Right?

 

And then he started saying things like she called him in the middle of the night asking for some chicken. Heck. She doesn’t even know him. So how would she call him? And then he’s claiming that he paid for all the things that were damaged in the club because of her.

 

At that time, Jaekyung really had no clue about what he was talking about.

 

She couldn’t really recall being with him last night like what he was saying. And for some reasons, her head was hurting really bad and she wants to leave as soon as possible.

 

And the only way she could think of was to accuse him of something which he isn’t even doing.

 

Yes, she felt bad for him. But what can she do when her temper’s gone bad too? 

 

 

 

“About your job, why don’t you go and try at the company where I moved? Didn’t they try to hire you countless times before?”

 

Jaekyung smiled at him. “You finally said something good Hun.”

 

“You should go there today and bring your resume.” Sehun told her with a small nod. “I’m sure they’ll hire you right away since they really need your skills.”

 

Jaekyung nodded confidently. “Before this day ends, I’ll be hired.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Byungjoo opened the door to Minseok’s office and marched towards him happily. “I have good news for you Umin-hyung.” he greeted the bun with a big smile.

 

“Really? What is it?” Minseok asked him without even looking up at him. He was too busy proofreading the body copy of the ad.

 

“Sangdo said that the person they’ve been trying to hire before finally accepted the offer. You won’t be alone here anymore. There will be someone who can help you!” He beamed.

 

Minseok smiled in amusement. “That’s good news.” Finally he won’t be the only one editing the thumbnails and prints outs, and all. And what’s more is that he won’t be alone in this spacious workplace. His lonely and super busy days has finally come to an end. Finally. 

 

 “Sangdo hyung said will be doing the first interview and you’ll do the final interview.” he added.

 

"There's no need for interviews. I'll accept the applicant right away." Minseok answered him with a smile.

 

"Oh... yeah? Okay. I'll tell Sangdo hyung." Byungjoo nodded politely before finally walking away.

 

Minseok suddenly stopped him. “Byungjoo, what’s the applicant’s name?” he asked, curious about who will be his new companion. They need to get along really well. Maybe he should buy coffee for him or her. He thought with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoo Jaekyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_mzjvjkEhKu1rdwmdio2_100.gif tumblr_mzjvjkEhKu1rdwmdio3_100.gif tumblr_mzjvjkEhKu1rdwmdio1_100.gif

 

<3