EIGHTEEN

Wrong Number

Sehun stormed inside Jaekyung and Minseok’s office to steal some of the tea bags in their table. Apparently, they’re running out of tea and these two wouldn’t mind him ‘borrowing’ some of theirs.

 

Besides, they’re not really into tea. Minseok likes coffee. And Jaekyung likes beer which according to him, is really weird.

 

But the moment Sehun walked inside their office, he saw Minseok silently working on his table. “…Hyung?”

 

Minseok looked up and turned to him. He didn’t say a word and just gave him a small nod eventhough he could clearly greet him while saying ‘Hello’

 

“ Minseok hyung you’re back!” Minseok swore he heard Sehun exclaim…  or was the right word squeal? It sounded too girly if it were to be categorized.

 

Nevertheless, Sehun shouted as soon as he saw Minseok working on his table.

 

It has been three days since he last saw him so maybe it was normal for him to act like that.

 

“How’s the vacation? Did you and Jaekyung noona got closer?” he asked with a big grin as he slung his arm around Minseok’s shoulder as if they’re so close.

 

Minseok smiled at him. “Yes. We got a lot closer.” Sehun nodded happily, waiting for him to tell him the details.

 

“We got a lot closer to the point that she told me that you used to like her.”

 

Sehun suddenly froze. And ever so slowly, he removed his arm around Minseok’s shoulder. “Jaekyung noona told you those?” he awkwardly asked as he slowly backed away from him. “Wow… you guys really became close in just a short period of time.” He mumbled with an awkward smile. He was just about to scoot away from him but Minseok being the herculean dumpling himself,  managed to strangle Sehun in no time.

 

“You little punk! Why didn’t you even tell me huh?!” Minseok asked as he wrestled Sehun by placing his arm around his neck. “If she didn’t tell me those I’d never know.” Minseok mumbled as he added pressure on his hands to strangle Sehun a little bit more.

 

“But those are not important now! I don’t like her anymore! I already have a girlfriend remember?!” Sehun exclaimed as he tried to remove Minseok’s arm from his neck. Sadly, he couldn’t. Minseok was a lot stronger than him. And it made him wonder if he should start taking karate classes or if he should start going to a gym.

 

“Seems like the two of you are already close.” Jaekyung mumbled as she walked towards her table. They didn’t notice her coming in since Sehun left the door open.

 

Minseok immediately released Sehun and placed his hand on his shoulder. “Yes. We’re reallllly close. Right Sehunnie?” He asked Sehun with a big smile.

 

“Who’s Sehunnie?” Sehun mumbled quietly as he massaged his aching neck, causing Minseok to elbow him hard in the stomach.

 

“Yes. We’re reallllly close Noona. Seriously. Like BFF’s.” Sehun mumbled sarcastically as he eyed Minseok who seemed to be very satisfied with his sarcastic answer.

 

“I thought you don’t like him before. That’s great then.” Jaekyung smiled at them, not able to notice the sarcasm between the two.

 

“You have something to do right? Why don’t you go now?” Minseok smiled at Sehun as he pushed him towards the door.

 

Sehun innocently shook his head. “No. I don’t have---“ Sehun tried to protest but Minseok has already pushed him out and even locked the door to prevent him from entering again.

 

“Bye. Take care Sehunnie~” Minseok shouted so that Sehun can hear him from the outside. And then he went straight to Jaekyung.  

 

“Why are you late today?” Minseok asked as he sat beside Jaekyung’s table. “You usually come to work at 8:30.” Misneok turned to check his watch. “Now you’re about 3 minutes late. Is it because you were thinking of me?” He asked with a big smile.

 

Jaekyung shook her head as she gave him a look. “I’m not late. You’re just early.”

 

“So did you even think of me?”

 

Jaekyung eyed him. “What?”

 

“I’m asking if you thought of me last night. Or even this morning. Did you? Huh?” Minseok asked her eagerly. “You probably did. Right?”

 

Jaekyung looked away as she tried to steer the topic away as well. “You’re being weird again.”

 

“Just answer my question.”

 

But it did not work.

 

Knowing him, he would not stop unless he hears the answer he would like to hear, so Jaekyung decided to just give in. “Okay. Fine. I did.”

 

Minseok’s lips broke into a happy smile. “You did?”

 

And Jaekyung didn’t know if she said the right thing or not. She was too blinded by his smile. But she shouldn’t be. “No. It’s not like that. I think about everyone else. That’s just normal!”

 

“Atleast you’ve thought of me.” Minseok nodded in appreciation. “That’s good.” He added as he clapped his hands happily. “The probability of you liking me has just increased greatly.”

 

Jaekyung slightly blushed, feeling embarrassed for no real reason. “I said I think about everyone else! I even think about my preschool teacher before I go to sleep! The janitor, even the traffic enforcer across the street I think about them all! I was—“

 

She suddenly stopped talking when she noticed that Minseok’s face was slowly nearing towards her. “Wha— What are you trying to do?!”

 

He slowly smiled, his eyes still not leaving hers as he spoke. “You’re…. blushing.”

 

“I’m not!” Jaekyung tried to deny the fact that she’s definitely blushing when she actually feels that her cheeks were burning red. this life.

 

Minseok pointed to her cheeks. “You are!” he exclaimed like a kid.

 

It made her feel embarrassed even more. But not the kind of embarrassment wherein you’d want to crawl into a hole. This kind of embarrassment makes her want to hold his hand or kiss him or maybe a hug would do. Like those cheesy couples in the movies.

 

“Jaekyung, look at my hair.” Minseok suddenly snapped her out of her thoughts. She turned to him with a questioning look. “What about it?”

 

“Do you like my hair when it’s like this? Or when it’s brushed up? Or do you prefer the messy look or something? Tell me.” He said as he slightly arranged the tips of his silky hair.

 

“You look good in any hairstyle.” She suddenly said without thinking twice. Maybe she was too distracted by his good looking face. Or his tantalizing eyes. Or maybe because of his nose. Or his cute lips. She doesn’t know either.

 

All she knows is that, she shouldn’t have said that.

 

And before she could clear those up, Minseok was already smiling as if he just won the lottery. Oh no

 

“No. I was.. it was—Kim Minseok listen to me.“

 

“Don’t bother. You just said I look good in any hairstyle. Don’t ever take those words back. I already heard it. There’s no way I would forget it.” Minseok told her as he patted her hair. “Don’t worry. It’s always a good deed to tell the truth.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here.” Minseok muttered as he pushed a small box to her.

 

“What’s this?” Jaekyung asked as she took the box. And before she could open it, Minseok already said what was inside.

 

“A cupcake. I made it for you. Do you like it?”

 

Sehun who was eating at a in front of them rolled his eyes as he commented. “Why would a guy bake cupcakes? That’s so no.” he mumbled as he shook his head. He’s acting like this since Minseok did not buy him watermelons when he clearly told him to buy him one.

 

“Well maybe I love her and I want to give her something special that’s why I baked cupcakes for her.” Minseok answered him.

 

“That’s just so girly hyung.” Sehun commented.

 

“Atleast I don’t go around running while shouting ‘I love you Noona’ at her. Right Jaekyung?” Minseok asked as he turned to her. Jaekyung smiled awkwardly. “Maybe.”

 

“Why did you tell him those?!” Sehun exclaimed like a kid as he frowned at Jaekyung.

 

“Don’t mind him too much. He’s just a kid.” Minseok mumbled at her ear. He was a little too close to her and Jaekyung could feel his breath. And without her knowing it she was already blushing.

 

Sehun noticed her rose colored cheeks and just stared at her expression. And from those he realized one thing.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaekyung likes Minseok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hiiiiii! I know. I know it took me so long to publish this update. I'm sorry about that. Well, hope you guys liked it! 

hearteuuuu. <3