TWENTY

Wrong Number

 

Minseok  was just about to change the channel of the TV when he noticed that his phone was ringing. Without even looking who it was, he decided to answer it and regretted it afterwards.

 

“Yo, hyung.”

 

Judging from that voice, Minseok could easily tell that it was Oh Sehun. “Why did you call?“ he asked him coldly. For sure, Sehun would just make fun of him.

 

“I just called to check if you’re still alive.”

 

Minseok frowned. This kid really. “I’m hanging up the phone okay?”

 

“Wait! Hyung wait!”

 

He rolled his eyes as he sighed. “What is it?”

 

“I have a gift for you.”

 

“Gift? What gift? I don’t need one if it’s from you. Who knows, you might ask me to pay for it. Don’t bother.” Minseok told him as he grabbed the remote and switched the channels, trying to find cartoon network.

 

“I believe it’s already on it’s way to your house.”

 

“Sehun you really! You’re such a troublemaker!” Minseok exclaimed as he shook his head. Just then, he heard his doorbell ring. So he wasn’t kidding about the gift thing? Now what the heck could that be? Minseok thought.

 

“Just let me tell you that I really hate you Oh Sehun.” Minseok mumbled stood up from the couch and went straight to the door to answer it.

 

“You know you don’t hyung.”  Sehun told him. “You’ll be thankful to me for the rest of your life.”

 

Minseok held the knob with a frown and opened it. “I don’t really—“

 

The moment he opened the door, he was surprised to see Yoo Jaekyung standing at his doorstep looking at him worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

 

He thought it was just his wild imagination and didn’t really think it was Jaekyung. I mean, how and why would she go here at his house in the middle of the day? Totally impossible.

 

“I’m asking if you’re okay.” She asked him again as she placed the back of her hand onto his forehead. And when he finally felt her hand on his skin, he knew he wasn’t dreaming.

 

Minseok ended the call with Sehun and tried to stay calm. “Why… what are you doing here?” he didn’t even know what to ask her.

 

“I heard you’re sick.” Jaekyung answered him as she tried to figure out his temperature. But the thing is, she couldn’t. “Did you take medicine already?” she asked him as she withdraw her hand from his forehead.

 

Minseok didn’t answer her. Did Sehun tell her I was sick? So, she’s the gift Sehun’s talking about? That brat really. Minseok thought as he smiled unknowingly.

 

Jaekyung frowned at him. “I’ll take your silence as a no.”

 

He opened his mouth but no words came out of it. He originally wanted to explain but there was nothing to explain for him. He was planning to take medicine after eating but the thing is he hasn’t eaten yet.

 

He was just starting to feel better and wanted to watch some cartoons before finally eating but then Sehun called him and then the next thing he knew, Jaekyung was already here.

 

“Have you eaten?” she asked him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“I was.. planning to eat.” Minseok mumbled as he bit his lower lip. Jaekyung seemed somewhat annoyed. Is it because I haven’t eaten anything yet?

 

“And just what were you planning on eating?” Jaekyung asked him challengingly.

 

There was a long pause after that.

 

“I’m asking you what you were planning on eating.” Jaekyung repeated her question.

 

Minseok shrugged. He haven’t even cooked yet. “…Ramen?” he asked her with an awkward smile.

 

That’s it. With just that one word, Jaekung knew she has to do something. “Stupid.” Jaekyung lightly pushed him away as she went inside his house without even asking him first.

 

“What are you doing? Why did yo—“

 

She went straight to the kitchen and opened the fridge. “How can you eat ramen when you’re sick? It has a lot of preservatives.” She mumbled as she tried to find anything that she can use to make something edible for him.

 

Luckily, there’s meat. “You’re not allergic of anything aren’t you?” she suddenly asked him.

 

Minseok immediately shook his head. “No. I’m not allergic. Really. I eat all kinds of food and my stomach reacts to it accordingly. There’s no—“

 

“Good.” She said as she took out the meat. And grabbed other things from his fridge. And just then he realized that she was planning to cook for him.

 

A smile crept up his face as he stared at her. “Are you going to cook for me?”

 

“Nah. I’m going to water your yard with this meat.” She answered him sarcastically without even looking back to him, she was too busy cutting up the meat into tiny pieces.

 

He just smiled as he walked up to her. “I’ll help you then.”

 

“No. Just sit on the couch or something. You should rest. You’re sick.” She told him as she took the bottle of pepper from the cupboard.

 

He didn’t reply, and he didn’t want to tell her that he’s already feeling better. She might just leave him. And he didn’t want that.

 

“Next time you’re sick just go to the hospital. Got it?” Jaekyung told him.

 

“Next time, if ever I got sick, I’ll never go to the hospital.” Minseok told her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. “I’d like you to take care of me instead.”

 

Jaekyung stopped cutting up the meat and turned to him as she raised the knife. “You see this right?” she asked him with a smile.

 

Minseok smiled at her. “Oh.. that’s a knife right?” he acted innocent as he pointed at the knife in her hand. “This is the first time I’ve seen one this close. It’s used for cooking right?”

 

Jaekyung nodded at him with a big smile. “It can also be used for murdering people who are—“

 

With just that, Minseok already knew what he has to do. “Got it.” He nodded as he immediately withdrew his hands from her waist.

 

“Good.”

 

Minseok just silently eyed her as she continued making preparations. He could stare at her like this all day long if he was allowed to.

 

Jaekyung turned to him when she noticed that he’s not saying anything. “Why? What’s wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?” she worriedly asked him.

 

He smiled as he shook his head. She's really worried about me. “No. It’s just... Nothing. Nevermind.” He mumbled softly, hesitating to say what was running on inside his head.

 

“What is it? Tell me.” 

 

“You sure you want to hear it?” he asked her, as he stared at her.

 

Jaekyung nodded silently as she opened the stove.

 

Minseok nervously his lips as he cleared out his throat. “Looking at you like this… while you’re cooking and all… makes me feel like we’re a married couple.” He shyly told her with a smile. “It makes me feel happy. That’s it.”

 

Jaekyung turned to him. “You’re cute.”

 

“Cute?! I’m not cute!” he exclaimed as he rolled up his sleeve up to his shoulders and flexed his arms as hard as he could. “See this?” he asked her proudly.

 

“Oh, that’s what they call muscle right?” She chuckled as she tried to copy him.

 

“I’m dead serious Jae.” He told her in a serious tone. Jaekyung wanted to say that he looked cute again but she knew he’ll be irritated so she just stayed quiet. How come everything this bun does turns out to be cute? She thought as she eyed him.

 

“I’ve been working out these days.” Minseok told her as he arranged his sleeves.

 

“That’s good then.” Jaekyung nodded at him.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me why I’ve been working out lately?” he pouted at her cutely.

 

“No.” she answered him flatly. People usually work out because it’s for their health right? That's what Jaekyung thought.

 

“Ask me!” Minseok insisted.

 

Jaekyung turned to him, trying to suppress her laughter. “Why?”

 

“It’s because of you.”

 

“Me?!” she asked as she pointed to herself. “You’re saying it’s my fault?”

 

He nodded at her with a serious look. “Well, you always say that I am cute. Which in reality, is not true.”

 

She just smiled. Even the mere fact that he denies that he is cute is ing cute to look at.

 

Minseok was slightly frowning at her. “And you always call me bun or mandoo. And I—“

 

“What do you want me to call you then?” Jaekyung asked him.

 

He smiled at her. His whole face lit up as he spoke. “Baby?”

 

“Isn’t that what cute kids are called?”

 

Minseok’s eyes widened. “Oh, that’s ….kind of right.” he mumbled with a frown.

 

Jaekyung turned the stove off. "It's done. You should eat now, then take some medicine. I'll leave now okay?"

 

Minseok's face fell. "You're leaving? Already?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Made a quick update of Wrong Number because of the MV. Hehe. Sorry it took so long. :(((

It took me 3 replays of the whole MV to realize that one of Minseok's shirt is see-through.

tumblr_inline_nm24b2jvOt1r9nto2_540.jpg

Why u do dis? TT.TT

 

 

Anyways, my fave songs are Exodus, El Dorado, Transformer, and My Answer.(So sad Minseok didn't have a part) What's yours? :DDDD

 

tumblr_inline_nm2uzpOC6z1rc3qz9.gif

tumblr_nm2kliTrHM1qb43d7o2_r1_500.gif