TWENTY ONE

Wrong Number

 

 

 

“You’re leaving?” He asked as his face contorted into a tiny frown. Jaekyung blinked at him, not expecting him to say those out of the blue. “I should… right?”

 

“Can you not?” Minseok asked her. He was asking such a ridiculous question. And the funny thing is he looked extremely serious.

 

Jaekyung couldn’t help but smile because of his silly behavior. This guy is 25. How can he still be cute?

 

“I should.” She insisted. “It’s getting late. And you should rest too.”

 

“Atleast let me finish eating what you cooked.” Minseok grabbed a spoon from the counter, getting ready to eat what Jaekyung had cooked for him. “Stay there and don’t you even dare move an inch.” He added as he started eating.

 

Jaekyung nodded as she watched him eat happily. She watched how he smiled like a little kid who just bought his favorite candy. And that’s where she remembered something.

 

 

 

“If the time comes… when you finally start to like me, you should tell me okay?”

 

 

 

“Kim Minseok.” She mumbled as she continued staring at him, watching his every move.

 

He eyed her as he slurped another spoonful of the soup. “What is it?”

 

“I think I like you.” She told him without any hesitation.

 

For the past few weeks, Sehun has been bugging her about what she feels for Minseok and such. Before, she’s always denying it, saying that she’s not ready to fall in love again and all. But now, maybe there’s nothing wrong with liking him.

 

Besides, what’s not likeable about him anyways?

 

She didn’t really know why she said those. But it’s all been said and done. All she needs to hear now is his answer.

 

The thing is, Jaekyung didn’t expect his reaction to be like this. He was just looking at her.

 

What kind of reaction is that?

 

If someone said they like you, shouldn’t you atleast say something?

 

But Kim Minseok… he’s just staring at her as if she was a criminal or whatever. And since she already said it, there’s no turning back. 

 

Jaekyung looked away with a fake laugh, trying her best to fix the current situation they are in. She just got rejected by this fluff ball. And now she’s trying not make it as awkward as it is right now. “You don’t like me anymore don’t you? That’s why you’re not saying anything…” Jaekyung mumbled in a low tone.

 

Maybe Minseok got tired of waiting for her. Maybe…

 

“Why… why are you suddenly telling me this?” he stuttered as his cheeks turned bright red. He knew it seemed really unmanly of him to stutter right now but what can he do when he couldn’t even think straight?

 

He never expected Yoo Jaekyung to say something so important at a time like this. He knows she’s unpredictable but he never thought it’d be to this extent.

 

Who the heck confesses like this?! Couldn’t she say it atleast in a normal way? At a perfect place at the perfect time? Why now when he’s sick and he’s eating a porridge? When his hair is unruly? When he’s just wearing his old tees? Why now of all times? 

 

“Before you told me to tell you if I’m starting to like you. And I really think that it’s happening now. I like you. But if you don’t like me anymore it---“

 

“What the heck are you saying?! I’ve been waiting for this day!” Minseok exclaimed at her. And he seemed to be a bit irritated. So, Jaekyung kept quiet and just listened to him.

 

“Today tomorrow and until the other tomorrows as well, it’s you. It’ll only be you. So stop saying weird things like I don’t like you and all. It’ll never happen. Even if all of my hair turns white. Never.” He told her.

 

“Why are you so irritated?”

 

Minseok’s frown deepened as he spoke. “I’m so unprepared! And you’re too straight-forward! How can I react to this accordingly? I look so uncool.” He whined as he placed his spoon down with a pout. And then he eyed her. “You can’t take your words back okay? I already heard them. There’s no way I can forget or those or whatever. They’re forever engraved in my heart.”

 

Jaekyung smiled as she stared at him. Sometimes, Minseok can really be cheesy.

 

“Are you smiling because of me?”

 

She nodded at him. “I can’t differentiate whether you’re being sweet or stupid.”

 

“Let’s just say it’s both.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week after

 

“Yah. Kim Minseok just what is this?! What’s with the blindfold?” Jaekyung exclaimed as she gripped on his arm since she couldn’t see where she was walking or where he was taking him.

 

Apparently, Minseok came with such a brilliant idea to surprise her in the middle of work hours and the thing is she just got back from her meeting.

 

It’s not even her birthday so what is this all for?

 

“This better be not one of your games. I swear if there’s a cockroach here, we’ll break up in an instant.” Jaekyung threatened him as she held his arm tighter.

 

“There are no cockroaches here. I already sprayed disinfectant here for like 16 times already.” Minseok told her with a smile as he led her towards her table. “We’re here. You can take off your blindfold now.”

 

With that, Jaekyung took it off and saw a cake on her table. She eyed him with curiosity. “What’s this? It’s not my birthday. Why did you prepare a cake? Yah. Did you think that it was my birthday? Seriously. Kim Minseok you don’t know when my birthday—”

 

“I know! It’s on September 21st. How could I forget?” he told her as he gently pulled her face closer to his, until their noses touched.

 

“What’s this for then?” she asked him as she looked at the cake.

 

Minseok smiled at her as he placed his arms around her, encircling her into a hug. “It’s our first week together. We should celebrate.” He mumbled as he kissed her forehead.

 

She turned to him with a smile. “Sweet.”

 

Minseok smiled back at her as he ruffled her hair. “And I have something to give you.” He immediately pushed the box next to the cake he made towards her.

 

Jaekyung eyed him as she took what was inside the box. “A helmet?” she asked him. “I don’t have a motorcycle. And I’m not into racing. Why are you giving me this?”

 

“Wear it often. We’ll never know, you might bump your head somewhere and you might realize that you don’t really like me,  and suddenly decide to break up with me so…just… wear it.” He told her as he shrugged.

 

 “That won’t happen. Don’t worry.” Jaekyung pinched his fluffy cheeks before she put the helmet down. “There’s no need for this.”

 

"Really?"

 

Jaekyung nodded at him as she kissed him in the cheek. "Really."

 

“Can you guys please… stop flirting here in the office?” Sehun mumbled as he placed a few papers on Minseok’s desk. They’ve been together for a week. Literally. They stick together the whole time always hugging, kissing, holding each other’s hands. And it just makes him jealous, extremely jealous to be exact since his girlfriend is somewhere in China as of the moment.

 

"We're paid here to work. Not to flirt." Sehun added as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“Jaekyungie, did you hear something?” Minseok asked as he curled a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Jaekyung shook her head as she hugged him. “Minseokie, I didn’t.” Jaekyung mumbled cutely to irritate Sehun more

 

Sehun glared at them. These two... “I hate you both. Really.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_ndc4iaKGQ21ttrx9xo1_500.giftumblr_n4llu4il5b1qcwyi2o2_r1_500.gif

Hiiii. Sorry it took so long and for the crappy chap lol. 

Hearteuuu