Promise Me

First Impression

When the handcuffs were off, SunHi had a lot on her mind that night. She had avoided her brother multiple times and she didn't even come out for dinner. But thinking of Suga made her forget it. However a flashback occurred causing her to have a headache that was a little bit more painful then the last one. Twice she let him hold her hand. She remembers the grip. It was full of care and protection. That's when SunHi knew she could trust him once again.

The next morning going to school, SunHi skated along still thinking about what happened the other day. She wasn't happy nor was she sad. It was one of those days where she had no feelings at all. Still she gave back glares to those judging her. She got to her locker taking longer then usual to get her books. Nami, who was hand in hand with Jungkook, saw her friend as they were walking to class. She stopped, telling she would catch up later. Nami ran up to SunHi but was not noticed till she tapped her friend on the shoulder.

"Oh... I'm sorry... I didn't know you were standing there." SunHi sighed.

"I should be saying sorry too since I had to leave so suddenly yesterday." Nami said. "I didn't mean to leave you with him like that... Did it go okay?"

SunHi held her wrist where the handcuffs use to be when she was connected to Suga. She looked at her hand which was held to his. When smiling to herself she gave a soft, "Yeah... Everything is great now... Just great."

"Really? You and Suga are on good terms? That's wonderful! Then we can eat at lunch with Bangtan then right? I mean thats if you're okay with it."

SunHi continued to look at her hand, remembering yesterday. Then again it was only holding hands. What made her think about it so much? The fact that she didn't fight with him to make him let go and that she was thinking about it so much that her heart would pound fast. It came to her that she really did like him. She knew that for sure.

In class, SunHi refused to loose concentration over such a small thing. She had plenty of other things to worry about but there was so much she needed to talk about. She took a glance behind her and saw saw Suga in the corner of her eye. She turned back quickly. Her stomach filled with butterflies didn't make her feel any better. That's when she thought it had to be done. When it was time for lunch, she walked straight up to him handing off a note and walked away without saying a word. 

Suga wondered what was wrong but after reading the note he knew it had to be serious. He himself couldn't stop thinking about the day before. His mind was only on her. It was the reason why he had insomnia. The endless dream that would never go away, leaving him out of breath and full of thought. All because of hands touching. Suga knew he had gone crazy.

"You comin or what?" Jin asked Suga. "You've been standing there for awhile..."

Suga glanced back at the note then looked up at Jin. "Actually, SunHi and I won't be there. It's not for a bad reason I promise but we still need to, ya know, get some things some straighten out."

"Okay. So long you guys aren't fighting again. Other wise I will handcuff you again." Jin laughed.

Suga could only laugh along with his friend. He quickly ran to the school's roof where he saw SunHi looking down on the campus. She turned around which made Suga's heart skip a beat. He tried to come back to his senses.

"I'm glad you came." she smiled.

Suga swallowed hard. "What's wrong?"

SunHi turned back around. "Ive known Seokjin longer and should be talking to him instead... however, I'm coming to you. And my instincts are telling me, that I can can trust you like I do with him."

He stood next beside her. "You trust me?"

She nodded. "I do. So for the actual reason why I brought you here... Do you know what my brother said to me this morning?"

"Mwoh?"

"He said he has something to tell me when school ends..." SunHi looks at Suga straight in the eyes. "I want you to be there for me. My heart is already crushed. Once he tells me I won't be able to take it. Promise me that okay?"

He couldn't turn his head away and all he did was nod his head slowly.

"Sorry for being random so suddenly..." she said.

"SunHi, don't feel like you're a burden to me." he said placing his hand on her shoulder. "But you know he has to say it. Its better he confess now then never. He could of just went without telling you at all."

"I know... I just don't know how I'll react..."

***

School ended. SunHi and Suga walked out together. She didn't want to go home but Suga encouraged her to. She wanted him to walk home with her just in case she would run out of the house and he'd be already there to comfort her. He agreed to do it but before even leaving the campus grounds, SunHi's eldest brother, YoungHo was walking up ahead. Suga saw SunHi freeze. When YoungHo approached, there was a bit of a silence. He looked down at Suga who seemed a bit nervous himself. Her brother gave a sharp and hard look. It was no wonder Jin thought her brother was scary.

"SunHi, you weren't planning to go anywhere just now were you?" he asked, taking another glance at Suga.

"Ani... I was just about to head home." she quietly said. "Wae?"

"It's nothing, I just wanted to make sure you were coming home and not avoiding me like you've been doing lately."

"You have something to say to me that's important." SunHi said. "If it really is then you can tell me now."

"SunHi I think it's best we―"

"I know what you're talking about and he's not going anywhere." SunHi grabbed Suga's arm. "He's a friend. So tell me what you have to say."

"But I think it's best we just do it home privately."

"You're already here. Just tell me."

"SunHi please―"

"Tell me goddammit. Just say you're going to the army already."

"Dont make this―" YoungHo looked at his sister with widen eyes. "How do you know about that?"

"I went into your room and saw the letter on your desk. I know you hate it when I'm nosy but I have the right to be mad at you too. You kept it from me all this time. Why didn't you tell me sooner? If you wanted me to understand you should of fessed up before hand. I can't believe you would do this to me! Everyone else knows but me huh? I see how it is."

"SunHi I'm sorry... I just didn't―"

"You didn't want to what? Hurt me? Do even you know me at all? I would of understood. Just the fact you kept it from me makes me upset." SunHi's eyes began to water. She couldn't hold it in. "I can never trust you again!"

And with that SunHi ran off.