Emotions Get in the Way

First Impression

She didn't want to go home just yet. But she was still had frustration. SunHi went to the nearby cafe, saying hi to her uncle, and sat down in the corner table in silence. When asked what was wrong, she avoided the question by saying it was just stress over school. Her uncle gave her words of encouragement then went back to working. Usually the pep talks she would have with him would cheer her up. Only this time not today.

SunHi took out her phone, messaging Nami to come over right away. Within seconds, she was already there. As she took her seat in front of SunHi, Nami took the moment to catch her breath. It was obvious that she had ran all the way over here. SunHi laughed a bit but it still didn't make her feel better about today. She glanced out the window, wondering what Suga was doing right about now.

"Eunni?" Nami started. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

She looked at her friend. "I wish you could. But even with your assistance I doubt it would even work."

"What happened?"

"It's always Suga. Why does he have to be so frustrating? He's always Mr. I-have-a-big-ego. I don't understand how he can have that type of personality to... To..."

"To what?

SunHi sighed. "Nevermind... I should of never met them in the first place. None of this would of ever happened."

"But you're friends with Jin right? You would of had met them at some point. That means you should of never met Jin."

"If you wanted to put it that way... Then our mothers shouldn't have been classmates... Still he may be a weirdo, but I owe him my life."

"Your life? What do you mean by that?"

SunHi explained to Nami what had happened. She had a concussion and lost her memory. Although SunHi could not remember everything in detail, she just knew she was playing for championship and was pushed hard to the ground. She woke up in the hospital not remembering who her own family was.

"But I somehow only knew Seokjin." SunHi finished. "I don't know the reason but my parents said I was always asking where he was. I wasn't able to see him in person but we wrote letters to each other. He helped regain my memory back. If it weren't for him, I would never have knew my family anymore."

"So you remember everything now?" Nami asked. "Like you're childhood years and such?"

"He told me everything that I needed to remember. But I still feel like there's something missing. I had a flashback recently and I have no idea what it means..."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"I hope so."

The two were silent for bit. Nami knew SunHi was depressed and just confused but she, herself, wanted to know something. 

"Um Eunni," Nami spoke up. "Mind if I ask one more question?"

***

Suga continued to lay on the grass still on a reflecting period once more. SunHi had left about a half hour ago and he had yet to move. He already screwed up once now he had done it twice. Messing up was the only thing he was good at. Suga wished he would of caught up to SunHi telling her the truth but he had no courage. 

'Maybe she's right.' he thought. 'I do have an image.'

"Hyung?" a voice said.

Suga slowly opened his eyes and looked up. It was Jungkook. Suga sat up looking at his younger friend.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked. "Are you with someone?"

"I was..." Suga mumbled. "That person left. I'm by myself now. What brings you here?"

"Just wondering around town. I had bumped into Nami on my way here."

Suga's eyes widen. "Nami? Where was she going?"

"She was in a rush so she didn't really say specifically but she had to meet SunHi."

"Oh... never mind then..."

"Are you feeling alright hyung? Did something happen?"

"I'd rather not talk about it. I think I should just head home..."

"You've been acting so weird lately. Are you sure everything is okay?"

"I'm not even sure anymore. I'll see at school okay?"

As Suga left, Jungkook watched him disappear into the distance. Suga wanted to go home but he had to set some facts straight. He saw Jin sitting in front of his house. His friend saw him and quickly ran up to him, asking where SunHi was.

"Don't worry, she's with Nami. There's no need to panic." Suga answered calmy. "Anyway, I need to tell you something."

"What happened this time?" Jin asked already having an idea I what was about to come.

"It's not what you think. I just have a confession to make." Suga assuring Jin.

"What confession?"

Suga took a deep breath. "Believe it or not... I may have a thing for SunHi..."

Jin was silent for a bit. Did he hear him right? Suga likes SunHi. His best bud likes his childhood friend. He doesn't want to accept it but all he could do was force a "Oh." as his only response.

"I know what you're thinking, and I understand if you dont want me too. But let me say this. When you introduced SunHi to me when we were younger, I actually kind of liked her then. Up till now I'm just been going nuts about her. I've wondered if she even remembered me as I remember her."

When Suga said that last sentence, Jin stood stiff, debating if he should speak up or not. In the end, he let Suga continue.

"I never wanted to ask about her because, well, you never mentioned her anymore and I thought you two had lost contact or something so I didn't want to bring you down." Suga explained. "Now that she's here my feelings are acting up again and this time, I have no idea what to do. Which is why I'm always bitter with her."

"Are.. Are you sure about this?" Jin asked. "About liking her and all?"

Suga nodded. "I'm sorry for causing trouble for awhile. SunHi probably won't talk to me again... I might not even have the guts to even look at her the same because she's precious to me now."

'So he really does like her...' Jin took a glance at the ground, then looked at his friend again. "You should head home. SunHi could come any minute now." 

After saying goodbye, Jin watched Suga walk off. He couldn't believe hes own friend liked the same girl. He wasn't furious. Nor was he happy about it. Why of all people? Jin thought about what he had to do. He wanted to tell SunHi how he felt but now wasn't such a good time.