Terrifying Persona And Final Seconds Of Chung-Hee's Life

Doppelgänger

Siwon called Donghae's facility once more to ask them the result of the sudden rebellion, He was sure that the unexpected attack would caught Donghae unbalanced and shocked. Siwon smirked over his success of banishing one of the wanted outlaw for the sake of the organization, he may not receive praises from his Master because the target was Donghae, his own child, but he was sure that he will turn to him as soon as he heard about Donghae's betrayal and lies.

 

"Yoboseo? Is this the LATE Donghae's EX-facility?" he emphasized the word late and ex outloud, believed that his annoying leader fellow was down to grave for good. Soon, that unpleasant facial expression of him will vanish when he heard the failure of his workers.

 

"I'm so sorry to say, sir, but we didn't manage to make his status the late one. He overstepped us and manage to escape the facility. He was too agile and tricky, we tried our hardest but still...don't worry! We will try to pursue him and find out where he hides right now." the man reasoned, he knew that after this, complaints and words of disillusionment from Siwon would come directly to his ear, SIwon was irritated when he reasoned more and more about his failure, no matter how much he tried to excuse himself, the moment Siwon heard the word 'sorry' was the moment he shutted his ears for some excuses. 

 

"Save your apologies, do not quibble with me. The point is you failed and let him slide out easily, your hardest isn't enough, you must put your life at stakes if you want to cooperate with me. Whatever, it doesn't matter since he has escaped in your watch. I realize that you guys can't be count on, I wonder why we even accepted you brainless thugs in the first place. I suppose I have to deal with this matter by myself, Oh and guess the good news, I hate giving second chances. No one ever failed me twice, you know what I mean." Siwon stated maliciously, his heartless side started to take over again and put out some outraging words, those crooks can't  feel nothing but be surpirsed.

 

"We...we are fired?! Sir! You can't do that! What should we do for living if we lose our current job?! We're good for nothing! You understand more than we do, please spare us, sir! " he panicked over Siwon's coldhearted decision, he did wrong but he thought he wasn't deserve such extreme punishment that will affect for a lifetime.

 

"Bingo, why aren't you a smart lad. Why can't I do that? I have the authority from the guy who hired you himself, that I can do things according my way, so here you are, you all are discharged from your job. In case you want to end you lives, I will happy to volunteer, since you guys know that you're good for nothing. Anyways, don't bother coming back here or I'll be the last person you'll witness in this world. Adios, bunch of losers." Siwon hung up without hearing his answer, he expected that he will babble about his poor life that he thought would change Siwon's mind, so he hung up as fast as he can.

 

"Tch, those guys are really pieces of trash that's no better than my footwear. Never mind, who would've thought that useless Donghae would survive some siege of thugs, you have my recognition, my little brother. Don't worry, your 'Hyung' will be happy to finish your job, you and that girl Yuri is my target now, I respect 'ladies first' phrase, so just you wait for your turn. Let's see who's really worth to be called the best. Hahahah!!" Siwon talked to himself like he was being controlled by his dreadful other, his real personality and his other's wasn't really different as he grew, they became closer and closer to become one entity. He prepared to finish someone who's unrelated to all of this matters, the disguise of Yuri with his whole division, one team to assasinate one person, that's just how psychotic Siwon is. 


"Hurry! We're losing him! Prepare for an operation!" Donghae's escape squad has arrived in the hospital and brought Chung-Hee to the emergency room as fast as lightning. Yuri's brine wouldn't stop from falling watching her friend on the verge of death. The nurses and doctor rushed to treatment room with unconcious Chung-Hee on the bed with oxygen mask on his mouth. Donghae looked at him with a face of remorse, regrets couldn't stop injuring his mind. Once the door of the treatment room  was closed, Yuri and Donghae can only see from the small window on the door.

 

"What can we do now...? Will he make it?" Yuri asked in confusion to Donghae, the taller man couldn't find the right answer to fill in the blank. He was to occupied with the feeling of guilt and grief, for Donghae, he was the one who was at fault, but no one has enough concious to blame him, no one realized but Donghae himself. He can protect someone he loved, but not the one that his love loved. 

 

"We shall wait and see, let's hope for the best." that short words were the best that Donghae could pull. Unexpectedly, Yuri crashed herself into Donghae's arms, at times like this, Yuri has no more important people beside Donghae and Chung-Hee, now that one has injured, she can only depend on Donghae. She cried her heart out, every sobbings Yuri released stinged Donghae more and more. She had the right to cry on him, and that's what hurt Donghae. 

 

"Jeongmal mianhe, Yuri. I should've execute the plan of escape better. It's all my fault that Chung-Hee got to this, mianhe.." So much that Donghae wanted to refer someone who's really responsible for Chung-Hee's wound, he's the one who caused all of this so he didn't even mention the name of Siwon. Yuri was drowned in a deep sadness that she couldn't even respond, leaning on Donghae was the only thing she could do. Suddenly, Doctor who treated Chung-Hee exited the treatment room, Donghae and Yuri broke the hug and flood the doctor with questions, but he can only answer shortly. 

 

"We have tried our best, unfortunately we still keep losing him, and this rate--" 

 

"CHUNG-HEE! DON'T DIE!!" Yuri shouted his name in the hospital aloud with burst of tears, she tried to struggle and escape the nurses holding, they were having hard time with Yuri too. Until her saviour Donghae grabbed and dragged her out from the from the treatment room. He brought Yuri to the outside of the room, Yuri's vision was blurred with tears, looking at Chung-Hee whose life was sustained by machines. Yuri's brows knitted when she looked at Donghae who was holding him.

 

"Let go of me! Filthy murderer!" Yuri threw Donghae's hand in full capacity of wrath while throwing rough words on him, Yuri's rejection made Donghae speechless. Just then she relied on him, now she expressed how she hated Donghae. Yuri fell on the ground with no power left within her, she was too upset and confused. Her sobbings won't stop from falling, Donghae could only stare at the helpless girl, who sufferered a terrible fate because of him. He wanted to get close to her and hug her, but, he's the one who created all this. How can he?

 

"Yuri...I know, I know it's entirely my fault. I was trying to help but it seems I just make things worse...Mianhe" Donghae kneeled, apologized with no sign of defending himself. Without his help, the escape plan wouldn't be executed until this far, but without him around, none of this would happen, he kept regretting, why didn't he leave the organization sooner so he didn't have to hurt the one who loved? That question repeated itself on Donghae's mind.

 

"Save your apologies! I don't want to hear it!" Yuri scolded in red face, both anger and sadness fused in her heart, Donghae could only took her scoldings and anger, if it means making her feel better, although he wasn't entirely sure of it. Bringing Chung-Hee back to his prime condition was the only thing that could heal Yuri, but it's not like miracle could come any sooner.

 

"I know, I--" Donghae felt someone held him in the middle of his apology, Yuri was the one who hugged Donghae in despair, he knew that Donghae was the only one she can't count on at the moment, either she like it or not. He carresed  her long hair, promised in his heart that he will repay her soreness right now, he didn't know how, but somehowe he will make up for her.

 

"Donghae, I know you're only following orders and didn't listen to your own heart. I don't want to hear your apology, you aren't the right person to blame. I know that..but, I want to unleash this fury to someone else, I was angry to myself..not to you...believe me..I didn't mean it." Yuri conveyed her sense of guilt, Donghae could only stood silence over the shorter girl graceful heart, she can blame him all she wanted but she didn't, she refused to hurt anyone she's close to again.

 

A man with white coat exited the treatment room as well with a sigh, the two lovebirds kept distance with each other as soon as they noticed the doctor. They remembered they brought the injured Chung-Hee here and the doctor seemed depressed facing the two of them. 

 

"Doctor..how's Chung-Hee? Will he be okay?"  Donghae hesitated in his question, afraid that he wasn't the right person who should ask him. but he has to do it, something bad happened then he should prepare to life full of guilt forever, thought Donghae

 

However, the doctor can only shook his head in desperation. That's the only answer he can gave to the both of them. Yuri starter to cry on Donghae again when the doctor explained that Chung-Hee's been injured badly on his lungs, his blood shortage can be covered up, but the vital part of his body cannot be replaced, there was no stock for lungs donor for transplatation, sooner or later, Chung-Hee will not be able to breathe once the oxygen mask is opened, so it's his choice to live in misery or die in peace.

 

"Is that so? Can we see him right now?" Donghae questioned the doctor shortly, he realized that doctor's statement couldn't go wrong in an emergency, it's part of his job to told the bad news. Donghae thought that he ought to cheer Chung-Hee up with a smile, so the bad news could enter his ears lightly.

 

"Sure, please, this way." Doctor entered the two to where Chung-Hee was treated, sounds of ticking machines can be heard surronding him. Donghae and Yuri stared at him with blue faces. Their minds were preoccupied by how they can save him from this terrible accident, slowly, Chung-Hee opened his eyes. 

 

"Chung-Hee! You're awake, thank good--" Yuri stopped in her words when Chung-Hee opened his oxygen mask. Nurses tried to stop him from doing so because it would only cause death, the doctor forced to put the thing that sustained Chung-Hee's life on him, but he put his palm in front of doctor's face. he sat up so he can see Donghae and Yuri clearer.

 

"I know doctor, my life won't last long..just let me finish what i started, ugh!" Chung-Hee held his part of body that's been injured, he panted in his breath like he was running for miles, he was extremely sweating.

 

"Chung-Hee! Don't be reckless and put that oxygen mask on you! I insist!" Donghae said with a leader-like tone, Chung-Hee looked at him with a weak smile.

 

"We're all going to die anyway, it's a fate that humans couldn't avoid. What's the point of prolonging it if it's only to make my life an agony? I can't stand..*cough* living like that. Listen to me, both of you. I will no longer be able to guide nor protect you...young lady Yuri *cough* I'm sorry I couldn't do better than  this *cough*"  Yuri helped Chung-Hee to lean on mattress, he was too weak even for doing such simple things. he traded his pride for disgrace, he couldn't do single thing right now.

 

"Therefore *cough* before I leave, I want to pass this message to you, Donghae, from now on, Yuri will have no one to count on but you. After hearing your story, I've chosen to have faith in you. Don't wish to have good night a single good night sleep if Yuri get arrested by those crook ex-friends of yours,'ll haunt you to the end of your live. Chung-Hee threatened  in a running out voice, his coughs were getting worse and worse, Donghae and Yuri wanted him to stop, but they knew how stubborn Chung-Hee is.

 

"Worry yourself before you worry about someone else, dummy. Look who's talking." Donghae tried to be playful, he didn't want to believe that his new friend will die in couple of minutes. Talked casually like nothing happened between them.

 

"Heh, say all you want, But I always mean what I said, remember that.  Also, I need you to remember, forget about that suitcase that we left in your facility, it would too much danger *cough* to get it back..." 

 

"Isn't it important for our company? I thought that's why you and Appa guarded it with your lives." Yuri questioned Chung-Hee's prohibition, Donghae who intended to bring it back for him backed down, even now he wanted to show Chung-Hee his gratitude, even though he have no desire to continue his life.

 

"No, it's important, indeed. But what's makes it important that because it's the key inside *cough* that suitcase. Actually...there's more to it..that's what Master Kwon told me, Yuri, Donghae. Go to Jeju *cough* Island, Master Kwon said, all of this are related to your childhood past, Yuri. You may have a hard time finding it, meawhile, you should run, run away from this terrible experience, run away from your destiny, you don't stop, you don't hide, you run.." Chung-Hee's breath was getting heavier and heavier every minute he spent for talking.

 

"Chung-Hee, stop talking please! You need to rest!" Yuri couldn't take it anymore, she wanted to let Chung-Hee's wilful side but she couldn't stop pitying him for hurting himself just to tell them message that needed to be passed down. Yuri thought that his life meant more than that, but he sacrificed his precious limited for the better future.

 

"Your wish is my command, I shall rest in peace, knowing that I've done what I must. Yuri, I've known you since you were a little daughter of Master Kwon, back then I was just a poor man with no fortune and then, your father came into my life and turned things upside down. Without him, I would stay astray in this big round world, kamshahamida, you guys gave me a new family. You won't need my help again, you've grown to a matured lady that knows what's right and what's wrong. If you don't mind, keep my death as minor as possible, don't tell my family, if they find out, tell them I die for honor." Chung-Hee smiled while closing his eyes, he was getting himself upon the final call. He took Yuri's hand and touched it softly . Yuri's tears kept streaming down through her cheek, she wasn't ready for this.

 

"Donghae, you know that rough stuffs that I said to you? I was being judgemental, after I heard your story I changed my mind. Like Young Lady said, you're not a bad person, you're just a person with bad luck and bad past, that's all. You're not a type of a villain, a hero instead.,embrace your dreams get a real life this time *cough* will you? Tch, what am I a saying? *cough* anyway, I digress. Oh, almost forgot, sorry for what I did to you. I've only been friends with you for days but I hope I'm still counted in your friends' list, you know what I mean?*cough*"

 

"Don't worry, I deserved it. Thanks for helping me out, were astrays with different start but with the same end. I hope it's not too late to undo my mistakes from now on.."

 

"And it's too late for undo mine, think I'll pass. *cough* Well, I suppose it's time to say goodbye...Yuri, Donghae...friends.." Chung-Hee closed two of his eyelids and he lost the hold of Yuri's hand, a green straight line was formed in the machine that  detected Chung-Hee's heartbeat stopped ticking, the sound was more like a sirene this time. Chung-Hee's soul, didn't belong in this world anymore. 

 

"I'm so sorry." the doctor looked at the passed away Chung-Hee and stopped the sound from coming. Donghae tears finally fell, he couldn;t believe his best friends for days have gone..Yuri cried her heart out and screamed out his name.

 

"CHUNG-HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

Author's Note : 

 

Yeah, and that's it for chapter 9! Pretty neat, huh? It's only the 9th chapter and two persons have already left the story, sometimes sacrifices are necessary for bigger achievements, don't worry, both Mr. Kwon and Chung-Hee's deaths will not be fruitless. Their deaths will make another puzzle to solve, I hope I won't forget about them. Siwon has made his move, can you guess who the first target is? ;) sounds like a damsel in distress to me. Anyways, I'd like to thank all my beloved readers because finally 'Doppelganger' reached 1000 views! Okay, it seems like a little number in this web, but I still appreaciate your visit to my story, either you describe or not, I'm grateful for what you guys have done. I'm so sorry if my update is tad late, can't help it, I'm still 16 and I have school to attend! I'm so sorry. I will try my best to slip times for writing, without your help I wouldn't be this happy. Kamshahamida! :D

 

P.S. : Rest in peace, Chung-Hee, you'll be remembered forever in this fanfic, my 'Messenger'