Police Squad And Undesirable Encounter

Doppelgänger

Whole neighborhood was filled with the sound of sirenes, the field in front  of Kwon Mansion was surrounded by black and white cars and vans that have a red cross signs on the top. That big house of Kwon Family is now a crime scene, there was no escape for those who were in there, and no entrance for those who wished to pass, much likely, in this case, would be a man named Choi Siwon. All the family members, including Yeon Chan were asked to come out and each one of them were being interrogated, what were their activities when the odds happened.

 

"Greetings. I believe your name is Mrs. Kwon Im Seo, correct?" a chubby man in black tuxedo asked Mrs. Kwon, who was helping Yoona to put bandage on Ji Yong's shoulder. She stopped her activity and faced that man who wore a red tie and white shirt on top of his tuxedo. He was standing in front of four of other police officers. Two were male, two were female.

 

"Yes, that's correct, and you might be?" Mrs. Kwon questioned his identity.

 

"My name is Shin Donghee, or Shindong for short, Inspector Shindong. Pleasure to meet you. This is my officers Seo Joo Hyun, Kim Taeyeon, Park Leeteuk, and Chon Yunhyuk. " He introduced his officers one by one.  Inspector offered his hand for a handshake which Mrs. Kwon accepted, Mrs. Kwon tried to smile but she was worried, kept thinking if this man could do his job rightly as an inspector. Mrs. Kwon was somewhat dubious about Shindong, his fat posture built a slow image to Mrs. Kwon's mind. 

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, now, what do you need me for, Inspector?"

 

"You see, I wish to know of every possible motives those criminals were after. Who is their target? Or what items did they stole from your house." Inspector Shindong explained, Ji Yong stood up after his bandage was perfected by Yoona, he's the only one who knew the details of this matter.

 

"I don't think they are after any item, they infiltrated this house, and barged in to my dongsaeng's room, their leader intended to kill her with a knife I suppose, since it hurt me by the way." Ji Yong patted his shoulder which was covered by a bandage. "That girl who was treating me, she is their target I'm sure." Ji Yong proposed his idea confidently. One of Shindong's male officer kept writing every line that Ji Yong let out from his mouth.

 

"I see, that's why. Seohyun, ask her in my place, will you? She's a girl that's about your age so try to be friendly, I know you can't be informal to others but at least just try." Shindong commanded, one of the girl sighed, prepared herself for the interrogation she was assigned. She approached Yoona and striked a conversation with her. "That would be all, thanks for your cooperation, Mrs. Kwon Seo, Mr. Kwon Ji Yong. I will inspect the crime scene immediately." Shindong lowered his head and bowed, an so his officers. Ji Yong and his Umma replied with the same action. Four of them entered Kwon mansion to invertigate what really happened, Ji Yong followed after to explain them for further information.

 

"Annyeonghaseo*, I'm Seohyun, can we spare a moment, um..." Seohyun tried to remember her name that was on her list of victims, Yoona smiled brightly at the girl who looked like her getting confused. Yoona was happy to see someone who was assigned to interrogate her was a girl that is at her age, not thirty year old-uncle that has a thick beard and mustache on his face. Yoona's smile faded when she thought of which name she should give, her real one or the stage one?

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Miss Seohyun, I'm Kwon Yoo..ri, Kwon Yuri is my name." Yoona faked her actual name, she was about to give her true name, but something told her that Kwon Yuri is who they are after, all of this happened the moment she substituted Yuri in her job. She began to analyze, wondering that this night attack might be connected to her Appa's death. Yoona felt sorry for lying to others once again, but it must be done to proceed to the bud of the problem.

 

"Nice to meet you, Yuri. You must have suffered a terrible fate tonight. Are you injured in any way? Oh my you're bleeding..." Seohyun checked throughout Yoona's body, and there was red welts on her right shoulder. Seohyun put her hand on that part and the blood moved from Yoona's cloth to Seohyun's palm.

 

"Actually, this is not mine, it's my Oppa's blood that spilt when he protected me from harm, that knife almost hit me, my Oppa devoured me to prevent me from being hit." Yoona looked at Ji Yong's red blood that turned darker on her cloth, she grinned over it, memorizing what just happened in the house.

 

"Is that so? That's very kind of him. From the way it looks, he really does love you a lot doesn't he? Protecting you even if it means getting injured himself, what an Oppa." Seohyun showed his impression towards Ji Yong, Yoona thought of this too for a while, this wasn't the first time Ji Yong got hurt because of her. He ever said to Yoona and Yuri that he's willing to gave his life for them, the two sisters never once doubt that it's untrue. Only one thing he could regret, was the lost of Yuri, that is.

 

Seohyun's mind snapped upon what Yoona said earlier. "Yuri, you mentioned a knife hit your brother's arm. Do you have any idea where that knife could be? It supposed to be planted on Ji Yong's arm before you pull it out from him, right?" Seohyun questioned. Wanted to help her new friend, Yoona tried to remember that brief incident again, since it happened like a lightning, fast and abruptly.

 

"Ah, if I'm not mistaken, Ji Yong disposed that problematic knife to one of those villain, I didn't know whether it injure him or not,  I didn't get to see where it went, but I'm pretty sure it should be at the garden in front of my room." Yoona pointed the broken window of her room, Seohyun put her hand below her chin, thinking the next step she should take.

 

"Yuri, can you take me there? That knife might help our investigation to catch tonight's attack culprit, I need your permission as the host, it's my policy." Seohyun showed her natural politeness to the maknae* in Kwon Mansion. Yoona took Seohyun's hand and started to drag Seohyun to the area where the knife should be.

 

"I'll take you there, this way." Yoona and Seohyun walked together with little lights that guide them, when they reached the garden. They found that there was no silver blade with a black handle that Yoona witnessed. Their eyes tried their hardest to find it because they thought they might've missed that thing in such dense darkness. Yoona sighed when their search turned out to be a vain one.

 

"Miss Seohyun, mianhe, I couldn't find the item you are looking for, I must've imagined things. The knife didn't drop here like I said, I'm not even sure it did hit the culprit, my mistake must be caused by my unclear vision in the pith black. I'm sorry I got your hopes up." Yoona bowed for forgivenss, meanwhile, Seohyun wasn't paying attention to her but to the grassy area instead, she held a small flashlight in his hand. Yoona realized she had been ignored, she looked at Seohyun who was checking her index finger with red color on it.

 

"No, Yuri...from the looks of it, the knife did injure that villain like you said, look at this, I believe this blood belongs to that person, and it's still watery, means it just had fallen. Why the knife has gone is still a mystery, it might stick on him or...he took it for a reason." Seohyun stated, Yoona didn't really understand with Seohyun's statement but decided to go along with it by noding all her words, as long as she didn't get disappointed by this search. One thing for sure, what Yoona has seen was not a mirage caused by trauma. 

 

Seohyun took the sample blood in a chemical bottle and stood up. "It's time for us to go back, I'm done here, the others should be looking for me too. Let's go back, Yuri" Seohyun said to Yoona, she nodded and brought Seohyun back to the front page of the house. Inspector Shindong and the other officers were standing straight, talking to Mrs. Kwon and Ji Yong, both Yoona and Seohyun went back to their own respective teams. 

 

"I guess that would be all for tonight, Mrs. Kwon, thank you for letting us stay here and bother your acivities. We will be on guard in case there's a following attack, regarding that their target wasn't harmed at any kind at all." Shindong smiled  kindly at Yoona. "It's a pleasure working with you, We''ll see you around later." Shindong and his officers bowed like the first time they met and so did Kwon family members. One by one entered their police cars, Seohyun stayed for a little longer to say her goodbye to her new friend after they have exchanged phone numbers.

 

"Yuri, I'll see you later. Remember, the moment you feel unsafe, is the moment you should give me a call. I will be there when you need me, though your Oppa must have protected you first before me if that time comes." Seohyun winked at Yoona playfully.

 

"Thank you Miss Seohyun, I'll see you later too some other time. I'm grateful that someone as kind as you came along tonight, I felt so much better although we only spent such little time. Kamshahamida" Yoona shook Seohyun's hand firmly. 

 

"That's fine by me, I'm happy that I met you too. One thing you should recall, please don't use the word "Miss" in front of my name when you're calling me, you may not notice it, but we're the same age, you know. Just call me Seohyun, that way, we can cut the awkwardness between us. After all, we're friends now, get it memorized, Yuri." Yoona giggled a little when she said she felt weird being called miss, Yoona was used to respect everybody else by calling them with "miss" or "mister" to someone else since she didn't have anyone close enough to be called friend. Now that Seohyun showed up and became one who vowed to protect her.

 

"Okay, Seohyun." the two young girls smiled at each other.

 

Seohyun entered her car but opened her car window directly for a talk with Yoona. "One more thing, Yuri. Since we're friends now, mind if I visit your house some other time? I could use some talk between girls and I might find another clue , there's more to discover here, my instict said we will meet each other for a short time." Seohyun requested, she couldn't wait to see Yoona again.

 

"I don't mind, thanks for being my friend, Seohyun. have a good night, annyeong." the two waver their hands at each other, Seohyun closed his car window and drove off from the house. Yoona's grin faded slowly and her wave stopped, to think that she has to lie  to another person, now that Seohyun didn't want to be friends with Kwon Im Yoona but to Kwon Yuri instead, she felt bad and thought, what would Yuri said if she's around, she's taking her identity unfairly just because her Umma requested her, she regretted it in that moment.

 

"Must be nice...knowing who your friends are, Unnie." Yoona looked at the starry sky with a sad face, reminisced her twin sister again. 


 

Days passed very quickly since that dreadful night that Kwon family experienced, one thing changed in the following days, Ji Yong couldn't get his eyes off her sister whether she's  inside or outside the house, mostly in the house since Ji Yong won't let Yoona out of Kwon Mansion many times. Sometimes Yoona loved this, Ji Yong did this for her security, but there were times Yoona got annoyed being followed around. Yoona needed some privacy and she couldn't help to ask her Oppa to mind his own bussiness, she didn't forget that Ji Yong is the chairman of Kwon Company, now Yoona thought because of her, Ji Yong has lost another time for himself.

 

Ji Yong and Yoona were siiting in their house balcony during nightfall, Yoona wanted to clear up this mess that she made by talking heart-to-heart with her brother."Oppa, will you please let share my alone moment? It's good to have you protecting me and I thank you for it, but this isn't right, it's like I'm being jailed in my own house and you're my turnkey. Don't forget your own assignment as a chairman of Kwon Company unless you want Umma get mad at you again, stop doing this, I'm telling you, you have gone to far." Yoona said, Ji Yong rolled his eyes upon Yoona's words, for Ji Yong, it was like saying that Yoona didn't want Ji Yong to be around. 

 

"And wait for you die in my hands, covered with blood? Not a chance. Yoona, listen, you may dismiss or expel me from your side the way you want, one thing's for sure, don't think it will stop me, annyeo, it won't let my guard down from you for a second. I'll tell you once again, you're being hunted by someone psychotic enough to kill a woman without a single remorse, and he tried to kill me too. How's that for the reason why I should protect you? You and I have to continue living together, we need each other, and you know that. Even if it means hating each other, that's what being an Oppa means." Ji Yong Yoona's cheek softly, Yoona sighed, Ji Yong couldn't get over her message that she's concerning him.

 

"But...Oppa, I'm not all alone, Seohyun promised to take care of me too, she lived in the very near neighborhood and she's willing to see me once I give her a call. My handphone is always stick with me so...she could do your job, right?" Yoona sighted at Ji Yong's wound on his shoulder, hoping that this encouragement will let him concentrate protecting himself rather than her. She was afraid she will cause another trouble or injury to Ji Yong, or death as the worst possibility.

 

"The question is, can you pick up your phone while you're asleep? I believe if you're not delirious, you couldn't do that. That guy tried to assault you when you're asleep, when you're in defenseless state! Come on, Yoona, spare a moment to think regarding this, will you be able to secure yourself and promise me you won't get hurt when that guy comes again? can you do it? It's my premonition that suppose to come true in the future, this isn't over, that guy, will come back, trust me. If you can promise me not to get hurt, I will never stand in your way ever again." Yoona silenced, that promise was something that was impossible for her to be fulfilled. Ji Yong expected this reaction to come out from Yoona, what can a girl do in front of a professional assasin?

 

"See? I know it's something impossible for you. I'm going in right now, I have papers waiting for me to be done, you can freely roam in the house, without my watch. Hope that's good enough for you because I don't feel like giving you more space more than that. I'm sorry that you feel uncomfortable, what I do is for your sake and you must understand that, my dongsaeng." Ji Yong hugged Yoona, comforting her to replace  the discomfort that he gave to his little sister.

 

"No, I was at fault, you were right, Oppa. I did need to be watched, you're always there when I need you, I need to be grateful, not complaining over you. Kamshahamida, without you, I might live in the afterlife now. I will be patient with this condition, until we find who's responsible for this, they're the ones worth to be complained. I understand that you're doing this for me, but don't lose the grip of yourself, look at you, you eyes had dark circles under them. You're the proud chairman of Kwon Company and...my beloved Oppa, take care of yourself more often." Yoona was about to mention that her brother was the son of Mr. Kwon, Yoona noticed for a while that he wouldn't be proud of it so she changed it with her. they smiled at each other, Ji Yong left with giving a kiss on Yoona's forehead. Yoona's lips curved up as  she watched her brother went away.

 

"Unnie, I don't know what will you do in this situation, but I'm sure, I will overcome this and so does you. Please watch me and protect me from those evildoers." Yoona watched the sun set, and a breeze passed by her as if they gave Yuri's answer to her. Yoona closed her eyes and enjoy that moment with chilling breeze. "Kamshahamida, unnie. I know you'll be there for me." the girl stood up and went inside the house once again. 

 

On the other hand, when the night shrouded, one man was going to make his move that he failed to pull days ago. Siwon, planned to strike Kwon Mansion back, this time he did it on his own, he believed the last failure was caused by the lack of fast motions, lack of prudential, and the unexpected enemy, Kwon Ji Yong. He waited long enough for the cops to enlighten their guard upon Kwon Mansion. 

 

"This time you're mine..Kwon Yuri." Siwon whispered while preparing his items, his whisper was heard by someone who was close by with the purpose of visiting Yoona's house. A girl with long brown hair innocently asked Siwon.

 

"Excuse me, do you know Kwon Yuri? I heard you're mentioning her name just now. Can you take me to her house, I'm kind of lost here, hehe." Seohyun asked, Siwon was shocked over what the stranger in uniform of an officer asked him. His cover might blow up if he goes there with this acquaintance of Yoona. Siwon gritted his teeth and his sweats showed up, he was panicking over the sudden encounter with Seohyun, he thought hardly of answers that could save him from the pits of despair. One Seohyun's brows went up and the other went down, she was suspicious of Siwon who couldn't answer her directly.

 

"Um...who are you? Can't you spit out what's your relation with Yuri?" Seohyun made a movement to prepare her gun, this guy ensure Seohyun that he's the one that she has been looking for. Siwon noticed Seohyun's readiness upon his movements that indicated panic. Before Seohyun could do further actions, Siwon told a lie to her, a lie that saved himself that moment.

"I'm her friend." Siwon lied.

 

A sound of creaking door can be heard from Kwon Mansion, Yoona came out to pick Seohyun up. And then, Yoona shared an eye to eye contact with the man who would turn her life from this moment on, Choi Siwon. What will be the fate of him?