Meaning And The Broken Promise

Doppelgänger

Siwon, who was being 'held captive' by the hospital unit didn't show any sign of fighting back or escaping, not because of the bluff Dr. Min Hae has spoken, but more to deep grief in his heart, for being an useless commander for Lee Soo Man, even though Lee Soo Man has dismissed him and try to kill him, he still believe he really was at fault for not listening to his orders and an intent of going back to the headquarters has crossed his mind one or two times. Since he awake and unleash his emotion to Yoona, his mind was preoccupied by the hundred sentences of apology, a thought he never had before.

 

"I should've never listen to him...now it will be harder for me to come back. Tch, why didn't I just die in Seungri's hand rather being saved by that annoying, lousy girl, it's more honorable that way." Siwon mumbled to himself, if he was to name one of his greatest failure, then it would be saved by Yoona, saved by a girl he wished to eliminate, an unfinished target, but in the end, he ended up owed her blood, now the blood he wished to pour from Yoona's body flowed in his body, keeping him alive instead.

 

Siwon clenced his fist and pounded the bed in resentment. "Argh! Why it has to be she of all people?!" his hand vibrated, his body was still trembling because of the blood loss. He grabbed his pillow and threw it in frustration to a placard that says "Seoul National Hospital", he put his hand behind his head and lied on the bed. The next minute, he realized sleeping on the bed without a pillow was uncomfortable so he decided to pick the throwed pillow. 

 

"Damn...I threw that freaking pillow way  too far, this is going to be a nuisance." Siwon endeavored to stand, his feet weren't at the stable state, they were trembling like his hands before. Helding on the table right beside the throwed pillow to balance himself. "Just...a..little..more." an inch more than he would grab the pillow, someone took the white cushion before he did. He looked at the person's face who took the pillow in anger, it was Dr. Min Hae who did it. Siwon was mad because his effort was wasted because of the uneeded assistance.

 

"You...last time I checked, I did leave a message to that troublesome girl named Yuri to tell you that you should screw off and mind your own bussiness? It's not like I'm the only patient you're need to take care of, or did she leave this hospital without saying a word? I guess that's it. Anyway, let me tell you myself doctor, get out and never come here again, I don't need your treatment." Siwon expelled Dr. Min Hae upsetly, Dr. Min Hae who was getting used by Siwon's remarks replied him.

 

"Who are you to order me like that? You're not the boss around here or what, hospital is my second house and patient's room is like my bedroom. You can't tell me what to do, especially getting out from my own premises. Then again, I only did what I must do as a doctor, Ms. Kwon paid me well to do my job so I did as she told me. Ah, not to mention, she didn't leave any message to me, I guess she's still intending to take care of you as her friend. Pity, she got such an ignorant friend."  

 

"Peh, a friend, since when she has the bravery to call me like that? I thought I had cleared up about that misunderstanding with her, that girl is sure a total drag, not only blind, she's deaf as well I suppose." Siwon mocked, Dr. Min Hae ears became red as he heard Siwon's mockery against a young nice girl such as Yoona. 

 

"Don't you dare badmouth Ms. Kwon, she's a nice and innocent girl, she even saved you, who claimed to be a total stranger to her. She did very much to you and that's how you react to her kindness? Aren't you suppose to consider your pushy words and start to realize that she has done more than she has to do to you?" 

 

"Like I asked, if she's so nice and all that she'd better leave me alone, not getting such a noisy person like you to took care me. Also, since when did you care so much about her? It's not like she's your daughter or something right? Or perhaps she is?" Siwon constantly boil Dr. Min Hae's blood, raising his temper on purpose so he wouldn't bother to come here again be badmouthed again by him, this often works many times.

 

"She's not my daughter and what  I did is clarify her good deeds to you, so that you might spare your mockeries and start to care for her. From what I saw, she wasn't feeling well at the beginning and she has to take care of you the whole night, what do you call that?" Dr. Min Hae tried to hold himself to be rude to his patient but Siwon managed to pull out the truly angry Dr. Min Hae.

 

"I call that a waste of time and energy, satisfied? If she's not feeling well that she better take a good care of herself instead of taking care of me, she doesn't help in any ways after all." 

 

"I can't believe someone like you existed in this world, where is your heart anyway? I bet you don't have one. Chinjia, Do I need to remind you this again? SHE SAVED YOUR LIFE!! Where is your sense of respect?! You're not showing any sign of being grateful and deliberately accuse her for being your lifesaver!" Dr. Min Hae had no other choice but to raise his voice, so that Siwon could understand Yoona's true intention, it turned out that he had shutted his ears from the very beginning.

 

"Lower your voice, old man, this is a hospital and people are trying to get some sleep here. She told you that? True, I don't have a heart, but I know that if you want to do something to other people, you have to ask, that's a basic etiquette that I'm sure you're aware of. Well, I accuse who I want to accuse and that's between me and her, it's not like you're included in our fight, well, it's done by now so save your energy to not lecture me anymore, I'm through with you. I'm going to rest, get out this instance." Siwon walked slowly to his bed, but Dr. Min Hae put his hand on Siwon's shoulde in order to stop him from walking further.

 

Dr Min Hae clenched his fist while talking to Siwon. "I'm not, and she didn't tell me anything about it, I saw her crying when she walked out from your room, I shouldn't have let the two of you meet, I know it would come to that but I thought your manners to her would be better, I was wrong after all. Just you---" before Dr. Min Hae could form a complete sentence, Dr Min Hae's phone revebrated and Siwon noticed it, Dr Min Hae looked at the message and Siwon could tell that it was important, judging from his gaze.

 

"It seems it's your duty call huh, doctor? Come on, I'm not the only one here and there are people wating for your assistance. Piss off, oh, almost forgot, may I suggest a change of doctor if I can't prevent doctors from coming here, I'm tired and sick of you."  

 

Dr. Min Hae gave off his venomous glare to Siwon, his left hand grabbed Siwon's shirt collar and his right hand clenched a fist. " Understood, I'm tired and sick of you too so that makes the two of us, before I leave your room for the last time, I would like to give a token of my thanks for pissing me off many times and badmouthing Ms. Kwon. HERE!" Dr. Min Hae jabbed Siwon's cheek, Siwon slumped  hardly on the floor. "That's my goodbye present, bastard." Dr. Min Hae said angrily, his right fand was still forming a punch, he's about to do for the second time if Siwon tried to fight back.

 

Siwon cleaned up the blood on his lower lips and splitted blood to the floor. "That's all you got? For a male, your punch is as weak women's. Now, if you're satisfied, please, then kindly get the damn out of the room, I'm need some rest if you don't mind." Siwon didn't show any sign of anger nor weakness,  only pursuing Dr. Min Hae to storm out of the room and he succedded, like Yoona did, Dr. Min Hae has left with a slammed door.

 

Siwon stood up and walked towards his bed once again, while bringing his pillow that was taken by Dr. Min Hae. Soon as he took his first step to the bed, he realized he was stepping on something, it was the placard that was dropped on the floor when he threw his pillow, a placard that says Seoul National Hospital, he happened to remember because of the placard, of someone he loved was in the same building as he is, yes he thought of no one but Sooyoung. Since he has nothing to do here, so he crossed his heart to took care of Sooyoung while he's there

 

"Sooyoung...Oppa will see you soon." he smiled while looking at the placard.


 

Yoona, was still reading the book in her quiet house she had left when she accompanied Yeon Chan with her shopping and found the collapsing Siwon, she reasoned many times to Ji Yong that her manager called her for an urgent meeting, that's the best lie she could think of, and that's the only lie that would make her survive from Ji Yong's wrath, Yeon Chan supported her lies in order to save Yoona from getting scolded. But, even when she was reading a book, she couldn't get her mind of the bleeding Siwon laying on the hospital's bedroom.

 

"Aish, why can't I stop thinking about him?" Yoona closed the book accidentally while muttering with herself. "He said to me that he don't need me anymore..but..what if things get worse? Can I just leave him like that? Come to think of it..." Yoona was worried of Siwon, he told Yoona to mind her own bussiness, but Yoona didn't have the heart to ignore him just like that.

 

Yoona pouted over her confusion, she folded her hands when she was thinking of coming to the hospital or not, bit by bit, her feeling told her that she should go, there is just one problem that kept reconsider her decision, Siwon's impudent mouth stopped her from going many times, afraid of getting hurt from his cruel remarks. 

 

"If only he would be just a little bit nicer to me, I would have stayed there and look after him...hhh...why does he has to be so selfish and full of himself?" Yoona mumbled, thinking how her unnie, Yuri would deal with such person. She couldn't  help but to think of the reason why Siwon would be angry to her, despite that she was sure that she didn't do anything wrong, she started to regret of saving him from the verge of death, she should've brought him to the hospital and leave immediately like Yeon Chan suggested so that she could endure from being brokenhearted.

 

Minute after minute passed, her good conscience keep telling her to go and check on him, but trauma of rejection made her legs refused to go and drive that car of hers to the hospital. "That's it, I'm really going, wish me luck, Unnie." after fifteen minutes, she decided to go, but she made a decision : If he's awake, she would come home as soon as possible. If Siwon's wasn't Yuri's friend, Yoona wouldn't go planning this far.

 

Yoona hop on to her car and started the engine, when she was about to go out, like last time, the two guards asked her destination. She opened her car window to explain everything.

 

"Young Lady Yoona, where are you going again at this late hour? We don't want another mess this time..please tell us where are you really going, it's not for another shopping right? I see that Yeon Chan ahgasshi*'s not with you." the guards asked, they were thinking that Yoona might go on another action, she wasn't prohibited to go anywhere actually, but as long as her reason related to her job, even Ji Yong couldn't interfere, that's why she decided to use the same method.

 

"Relax, ahjusshi. I'm going to manager Oppa's place because of work, I'm going home a little bit later since he said it will be a long night, I've informed Ji Yong Oppa as well. So...I can count on you, right ahjusshi? Sorry for making you have to stay all night." 

 

"Ooh I see." one of the guard sighed in relieve, thinking that Yoona's destination was approved by Ji Yong, he didn't dare to defy his order for the second time. "Allright then, we will stay up until you come home, actually you don't have to ask, it's our responsibility. Drive safely, Young Lady." the two guards opened the door and saluted at her, Yoona replied their salutes with her right hand. When her car was out from the guards' sight,she sighed in relieve.

 

"Whew, that should do it. Now, off to the Seoul National Hospital, be strong, Im Yoona." then Yoona drove slowly to the Seoul National Hospital, where her cold friend was waiting.


 

Siwon snucked out from his room, although he was in the state that should not leave, he wanted to meet Sooyoung badly, the wounds on his body still hurt him, but compared to his will to see Sooyoung, it couldn't stop him from going. He got into the elevator to reach where Sooyoung was staying, when he was there, he encountered a little boy bringing a wheelchair, which was occupied by a disabled young little girl who seemed to be younger than the boy. They were having a conversation, and Siwon listened to their talk on purpose.

 

"Hana, once your feet being healed by the doctors, let's play hide and seek again, Oppa promise will play with you." the small boy said to encourage the little girl, Siwon realized that the small boy was her brother.

 

"Chinjia?! Gomawoyo Oppa! I'm sure I'll get my feet healed for sure! Just you wait!" the young girl squaled in happiness, she was really happy because of her Oppa's promise.

 

"Don't get too excited or you'll might hurt your feet again~ just please get well soon, Umma and Appa missed you a lot at home, I missed you too."  

 

"In a few days everything will be back to normal, I'll go to school again with you, I missed you guys a lot too, especially my friends, I hope my feet will be better after the operation, I don't want to go to the hospital again..." the girl lowered her head in sadness, her Oppa catched her sense of sadness and tried to get her hopes up.

 

"Cheer up! You'll feel better if you go through the operation. Besides, you get free lunch and dinner here rather than Umma's boring home-mades, how bad can it be? Oppa promise that Oppa will do everything you wish, if you gets home, just Sowoneul Malhaebwa* and i'll be the genie for you girl, just get better, that's all I ask of you." the little girl smiled sweetly upon another promise her brother made, Siwon smiled secretly at them, their closeness resembled him and Sooyoung a lot, it's like he was seeing himself and her. After that, the elevator stopped at the third floor the two kids wished to enter, Siwon watched the boy slowly pushed his sister's wheelchair carefully and he looked them went by with a smile.

 

"I'll do the same, I'll do anything for you..Sooyoung, I'll do anything to see your eyes again." Siwon promised himself, and closed the door of the elevator and headed to the second floor, where the room number 201 is located.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona has arrived to the hospital, she entered the building with fear, how should she deal with concious Siwon, she brought Siwon's wallet that he left behind at Kwon Mansion, she intended to visit him with the reason to return it, and also examine of how he's doing. She looked at her watch, she was afraid that Ji Yong might find out if she doesn't come soon, so Yoona was in panic condition, she had two worries in mind.

 

"Hmm..if I'm not wrong, he was suppose to be taken care of at the fourth floor, but I forgot his room number. I'll ask the receptionist first when I reached that floor, I wonder if I'll meet Dr. Min Hae." Yoona muttered, she led to the elevator and pushed the number four on the panel. 

 

Once she heard the sound that said she has reached the fourth floor, she stepped outside and call it a coincidence or fate, she sighted Dr. Min Hae that's about to reach the elevator to took care for another patient in the lower floor. Dr. Min Hae was looking at the ground with furious face, thanks to Siwon, the first patient he ever punched. Yoona noticed that he was not aware of her, and so she greeted her to grab his attention.

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Dr. Min Hae." Yoona bowed at Dr. Min Hae, finally the man in white lab coat noticed her and bowed at her in return.

 

"Ah, Annyeonghaseo, Ms. Kwon, how are you doing? What is your purpose of coming here?" he asked. Actually, Dr. Min Hae already knew her destination, but to ask her to reconsider it. He hoped a bit that she has another sick relative that he could take care of, so that he could take good care of them, as a price to pay for hitting her friend intentionally. 

 

"I'm doing fine, I'm here to visit Siwon. Do you mind telling me his room number? I'm..kinda lost here hehe." Yoona asked shyly.

 

"Ah..so you're here to visit Siwon.." Dr. Min Hae sighed deeply, he knew it would come to this but still, he wished to protect Yoona from being hurt again by Siwon's unstopabble rude mouth, knowing that it's not her first time. "Ms. Kwon, I think you ought not to visit him, he's...kinda moody at the moment and..well.." Dr. Min Hae stuttered in his words, he was about to tell Yoona about him punching Siwon's face, he clenched his fist that was used to punch Siwon, wishing that he had never done something like that.

 

"And what, Doctor?" Yoona asked with a smile, hoping to know what Dr. Min Hae was about to say.

 

"Well..you see..that friend of yours, he was really impudent just now and.." Dr. Min Hae looked at his right hand's vibrating in anxiety. "Mianhe, I punched him on the face, I know I shouldn't but I had to...he said bad things about you and I don't think I can forgive that..I was getting very emotional considering of what you've done to him...I'm so sorry, I will take full responsibility upon my actions, actually, he dismissed me and he didn't approve me as his rightful doctor so he asked for a change, I thought that would do. I hope he gets a better, patient doctor than I am." Dr. Min Hae bowed in apology.

 

Yoona sighed in sadness, she thought Siwon was having a bad day the moment he dismissed her, and she hoped his attitude would change a bit by not seeing someone else. But she was wrong, that's how Siwon treat everyone else, with coarse and callous, Yoona felt sorry for Dr. Min Hae that should take on his temper, she truly understand how he felt of being rejected by Siwon. 

 

"Don't worry Dr. Min Hae, I'm not mad at you, it's a lost cause that you can't bear, he ought to learn some lesson and your punch will do I think, what's more, he really lacks at talking with respect to anybody else. He's too much, that's a fact. I'm the one who whould apologize for you, for making you take care of someone like him." Yoona bowed in her apology, she felt she's the one who should apologize on the behalf of Siwon's reputation. 

 

"Annyeo, it's my responsibility Ms. Kwon, don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. I was the one at fault for not maintain my own temper. Please raise your head, I don't feel comfortable." Dr. Min Hae held Yoona's shoulder to help her raise her head, but Yoona refused to do that, she was really embarrased because she cause another trouble.

 

Finally, after a while, Yoona raised her head as commanded. "Doctor, if you want to do me a favor, can I just ask one thing?" 

 

"Anything for you Ms. Kwon, I won't neglect a wish of someone as kind as you. Let's just say this is the price for beating up your friend, come on, just say the word and it will be my command." Dr. Min Hae said with high spirit, his foul mood that's caused by Siwon completely vanish due to Yoona's unwavering kindness that soothen his heart. Yoona formed a little smile, she knew her request might be difficult to fulfill, but seeing the excited Dr. Min Hae got her hopes up.

 

"I want..you to stay on healing Siwon until he gets better and comes out from this hospital, doctor. That's all I have to ask." Yoona requested. Dr. Min Hae's was taken aback by Yoona's desire. he wasn't expecting that wish to blurt from Yoona's mouth.  

 

"Ms. Kwon..I'm sorry but I don't think I can handle him anymore, I've punched him once and I thought that's the sign of our connection breakup as patient and doctor. I don't think I could stop myself from punching him when I see his face for the next time, and I can't guarantee that he would get any better if I still treat him...I'm sorry but I kindly have to decline that request, anything but that one, Ms. Kwon." Dr. Min Hae admitted hopelessly, his excitement went away when he realize that Yoona's request was too impossible to fulfill, she looked like she really wanted that to happen.

 

"Aw, come on Doctor! Don't get traumatized by that one, small incident. It's not like it's your first time punching anyone right? Like I mentioned, it's a lost cause and there's nothing you can do about it. He deserved it for not being respective to you, his elder." Yoona encouraged Dr. Min Hae, but he was still unsure if it's the right thing to do, she hasn't seen what happened to him, so he decided to step back.

 

 "Listen, Doctor, I only trust you in this hospital, I'm not familliar with anyone here but your presence calmed me, as if you can handle any of my problems, it's just a feeling I get, but I believe it's true." 

 

"I'm nothing but an old man, Ms. Kwon, what more can I do? Don't you think it's better to leave him with someone else? Someone else better than me and all?" Dr. Min Hae reasoned but Yoona just shook her head in disagreement.

 

"Annyeo, if you can't handle him, then I don't think no one can. Siwon is a type of person that gets everything his own way, if he wanted, I'm sure he would punch you back, but he didn't, that's one good proof that he would eventually get tired of you and give up. You're not just understanding, but you have firmness too, and for people like Siwon, I think that's what he needed most." Yoona tried to lift up Dr. Min Hae's personality traits that she's aware of, to make sure Dr. Min Hae get back to his room and treat him well.

 

"What if I can't do it, Ms. Kwon? What if he only gets worse because of my punches later?" Dr. Min Hae asked in worried tone.

 

"Then so be it, if it's one of a kind of your treatment, I don't mind at all, punch him if it satisfies you, who knows, you might not only treat his outer wounds, but his inner as well. What I need is to get him out from this place as soon as possible, nothing else matters. Please, Doctor, you only need a little bit patience, maybe that could be your motivator, heal him as best as you can so he would not disturb your hospital anymore, how about it? I'll pay you more if you think you need more money to get over it."

 

Dr. Min Hae was left speechless of how big Yoona's desire to heal him, despite that she felt hurt before, it didn't stop her from showing her concern to him. "I don't need anything but your answer to this question. Ms. Kwon, why? Why do you care so much about him? Is he someone special to you? Or did he saved your life? I don't think he's a hero type like that though.."

 

Yoona was blushed upon the unexpected question, she didn't know how to answer that question. "I...we..are nothing like that, he's..my friend, and that's what makes him special for me. He once confessed to be my friend, and for me that statement he made back then wasn't a lie, despite all the things he said, I don't think he's truly a bad person, somehow, it's just a feeling I get." Yoona admitted how she felt about Siwon, part of her said that she did everything for the sake of Yuri, but another part of the original Yoona said that it's against her policy to abandon those who need her help.

 

"I see, that's why. Can't argue with that, I just hope your feeling is right, it might help me to understand him better in time. Gomawoyo, Ms. Kwon, for putting your faith on me and giving me the second chance, I'll do better than my best not to fail you. As promised, I will fulfill your wish, I'll treat him when he's asleep so he won't be able to say anything to me. Your friend is in room number 405, make sure you don't hurt yourself like last time. I shall take my leave then." Dr. Min Hae bowed and walked in to the elevator, Yoona grinned at him until the elevator's door blocked her view to see him. Yoona started to walk to room to number 405, to Siwon, with an element of worry in her heart.


 

Siwon arrived in front of the room number 201, he let out a deep sigh before he entered Sooyoung's room. "Alright, this is it." Siwon opened the door slowly, and there she was, his sister Choi Sooyoung was being fed by her responsible nurse, Nurse Song. Both Sooyoung and Nurse Song responded by the sound of the creaking the door, but Nurse Song was the only who's surpised by the man that's wrapped in bandages almost all over his body since Sooyoung can't see.

 

"Omo! Siwon, what--" Siwon put his finger in front of his mouth to prevent Nurse Song from talking further, he used his body language to make a sign that Nurse Song should leave the two of them for a moment. Nurse Song nodded to Siwon, and she put the finished bowl soup that was used to fed Sooyoung to the desk beside Sooyoung's bed and got out from the room, Siwon walked and sat at the chair beside Sooyoung's bed, he took Sooyoung's left hand and carressed it..

 

"Siwon Oppa, is this you?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Yes, Sooyoung, it's Siwon Oppa again. Are you tired of seeing me?" Siwon joked.

 

"No, how could I? I've never seen you for a long time, I want nothing more than that Oppa, I miss seeing you." Sooyoung responded, Siwon meant different in his joke but Sooyoung took it seriously, now he blamed himself to ask such a stupid question that would break Sooyoung's heart. 

 

"I'm sorry Soyoung...I didn't mean anything like that. Don't worry, the ability of doctors in this hospital is unquestionable, you'll see me soon, all you have to prepare is your mental, you must have faith on them, on me, and most important on yourself that you'll be able to see me again." Siwon tried to cheer Sooyoung from desperation, from where Siwon stood, he still felt afraidness inside Sooyoung, and he's afraid that pessimistic thoughts would effect her operation.

 

"Are you really sure of that? What if my eyes weren't curable at the first place? What if all your money and hardwork to pay on me become a waste? I really don't want that to happen, Oppa. I couldn't repay even a single thing you do to me, and if the operation goes on and fail, I don't know how I should live my life after that." 

 

"It won't happen, trust me. There's no if to that, I'll make sure of that. I'll do anything that it takes to save the light in your eyes, it's not like this hospital is the only one in the world. I would bring you to another country if it's necessary." Siwon stated confidently. 

 

Siwon and Sooyoung continued to talk about the operation, their conversation were always stay the same. Sooyoung would open the worst possibilites she would think of, while Siwon would decline all that and think of positive, bright possibilities, their topic never changed. Sometimes they ask how they're doing, but in the end, it would end up to that. That day, the Sooyoung's eyes operation day, is their only concern at the moment. 

 

"Oppa, will you hug me? I really, really miss your hug, it always help me to convey my feelings to you, you're the only one who understands me, I hope you'll know my feelings right now." Sooyoung requested, Siwon formed a weak smile and stretch his arms to her and embraced her tightly. 

 

Siwon patted her back continously. "There, there. Do you feel any better? I hope you do, for me, I don't need such thing to understand you, I'm your brother, I know everything."

 

"Thank you for your unwavering faith, Oppa. I don't know what I will do if I don't have you, even when I closed my eyes in darkness, you still care for me...how should I repay your kindness? I don't think anything can be compared with it..." Sooyoung said sentimentally. 

 

"You don't need to repay me or anything, it's my job as a your Oppa, there's no reason that pushes me to keep helping you other than that. Well, if you really want to repay me, then stop thinking negative thoughts in your head. You'll get over it and I'm sure of that." Siwon reassured, he wanted to her old self badly that he refuse to think about risks of the upcoming operation.

 

Sooyoung continued to enjoy herself in her brother's embrace, accidentally, she touched the bandage on Siwon's left arm, Siwon winced smally in pain, although Sooyoung didn't touch his wound on purpose, it still hurts. Sooyoung realized his wince but she couldn't see what's wrong with him.

 

"Mianhe Oppa! Gwenchana? Did I hurt you?" Sooyoung released herself in instance to prevent hurting Siwon even more. "What's hurting you? Are you okay, Oppa?" Sooyoung asked worrily.

 

"Yeah, I just got a little scratch and you barely touch it." Siwon lied, he was afraid that Sooyoung might find out about his wounds and started to worry about him, unfortunately, Sooyoung could sense that it wasn't a scratch, she was sure it's a soft material that's wrapped on Siwon's arm, she's more perceptive that Siwon thought she would be.

 

"...Oppa, don't lie to me please. Honestly, what's happening to you? I know you won't wince like that if it's just a scratch, I only touched it for seconds." Sooyoung asked in an interrogating tone, Siwon was taken aback by the sudden estimation that Sooyoung said.

 

"I told you, it's just scratch and it hurts if you touch it, what are you thinking?" Siwon tried his best to not show his panic show to Sooyoung, but she gained confidence, somehow the way Siwon talk to her seemed wrong to her ears.

 

"What I'm thinking? I'm thinking that you're still dealing with your evil friends and get hurt, is that it that you're trying to hide from me?" Sooyoung let out a deep sigh, she can tell there was something fishy about her brother. Siwon didn't respond, he couldn't think of another objection, he knew that Sooyoung would leak out the truths that he's hiding and force him to surrender, Siwon is master of any argument and he would win every arguments he's in, but not with Sooyoung around, she inherited Siwon's debate skills and eventually surpass him, that's why Siwon thought of nothing but just to skedaddle from Sooyoung's room.

 

"Why are you stop talking? Did I hit a jackpot? I knew there's something wrong about you. Just let me touch that again and let's see if it's just a scratch. Are you involved in another community that endangers your life again? Don't tell me...Oppa..did you..turn yourself to your evil other's...again? Please...tell me if I'm wrong." Sooyoung suspected weakly, she was afraid that Siwon would answer yes to that question and kept denying that he did nothing bad.

 

Siwon took a moment to think to answer, he closed his eyes to ease him to tell her the truth, he couldn't lie to her of anything. "...Sooyoung, I'm sorry.." Siwon let out a small apology.

 

"No! I don't want to hear that! I want to know if my statement just then was wrong or right! Answer me, Siwon Oppa! Are you involved in another fight? Do you call 'him' again inside you?! Answer me truthfully!" Sooyoung continued to push him to the thin ice. Siwon couldn't think of a right answer to ease her temper from raising. Then, he decided to tell her the truth.

 

"Mianhaeyo, truthfully speaking, I did call him in the critical moment when I was about to lose my life..I have no other choice..please understand, Sooyoung.." 

 

"NO! I don't want to understand about your reason for calling him! Anything but that! You promised me that you'll never risk your life again, even if it's for me! You know how we lose our parents and I don't wish you to end up like they did! You promised, Oppa! But how could you break it?! Do you really wish me to suffer alone in this world?!" Sooyoung scolded Siwon, her brother just closed his eyes in fear, after a while, he finally has the guts to explain.

 

"It's nothing like that Sooyoung! I know that we lose our parents in a tragic way and that's why I don't wish to end up like them just like you said! That's the reason I called 'him' again! I know he's worth a curse but I still need him to save me from certain damnation! I don't have choice, Sooyoung! It's not like I wanted to gave up my body to him!" Siwon raised his voice to Sooyoung, the younger girl wasn't taken aback and continue to argue with him, with more powerful words.

 

"You DO have a choice! But you decided to abandon it, that's your mistake! Your choice is to leave that heartless friends of yours and start to live a normal life like other people would do! Is that so hard to do, Oppa? Is it that hard to leave that unhonest life and live the way you wanted, forgetting all your dark pasts? It's not like your life depend on them! Please, Oppa stop doing this...I beg you." Sooyoung pleaded while grabbing Siwon's shirt, her tears fell, she didn't want to scold and get angry to her brother like this, it's the last thing she wanted to do.

 

Siwon massaged his head in confusion and sighed. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung. I couldn't leave to that option, not yet. I made a promise to someone else to and I don't intend to break it now...it know it'll kill you to hear this, but I can live with that."

 

Sooyoung released her grip from Siwon's shirt and raised her voice even more. "So that's it?! That promise to someone is more than your promise to me? I see how it is, fine, just continue to keep that promise to that someone you're referring to instead of wasting your time with me, as if you care about me better than that person. Don't bother coming here again, I'll have Nurse Song with me all the time so don't worry, Oppa. I hate you so much, for breaking our promise and prioritize someone else's promise before mine. I recalled that you said I'm half of your life, that's a lie too, huh? I'm no more than a hindrance to you."  Sooyoung said sarcastically.

 

"You don't understand, Sooyoung. He's as important as you are to me.." Siwon said with a low voice.

 

"More important to be exact, don't deny it. I don't need to understand, what's there to understand, Siwon Oppa? I need to understand the reason of becoming a bad guy? In your dreams. Even if it's for my eyes, everything has its own limits, I'd rather stay blind for a lifetime than losing you in my life. You're the most precious person to me, Oppa, you're my priority and there's nothing else that I ask rather than staying by your side until the end, can't you see that? Just..leave, in fact, you're the one who doesn't understand me, I guess a hug won't convey my feelings to you too huh? What more can I give? Should I kill myself to show what you means to me?"

 

"I'm sorry..Sooyoung, I'm truly sorry for lying to you..and for breaking our promise.."

 

Sooyoung laid back to her bed and turned her face from Siwon's voice, she didn't want to hear anything from Siwon's mouth anymore. "Just..go away, I hate you Oppa. You're a liar." Sooyoung said with an almost gone voice, due to holding her cry.

 

Siwon sighed, he stood up and left while kissing Sooyoung's hair from the back. "I'll see you soon, Sooyoung. I promise I would make it up for you. I'm truly, truly sorry for what happened today. Call Nurse Song if you need her guidance." Sooyoung didn't respond to Siwon's words, she was brokenhearted because of the broken promise. Siwon left while turning of the lights of Sooyoung's room.

 

Siwon walked halfheartedly to his own room, he didn't believe what he did just now to his little sister, he was too emotional the he fail to realize that it would make Sooyoung's mental unstable even than before, his smile before he entered Sooyoung's room and seeing the two kids went by him totally disappeared, changed into a frown, a frown caused by he has to broke his promise to Sooyoung, unlike the brother of the kids earlier who kept his sister's smie. Unexpectedly, when he reached his room, there was an unexpected guest sitting on a chair that's provided for visitors.

 

"You..what are you doing my room? I warned you to stay away from me, woman." Siwon expelled Yoona like before, but he didn't have much energy to become another bastard like he did to Dr. Min Hae before, Yoona didn't show any sign to argue with him too.

 

"You did, I was just about to check on you and then leave immediately." Yoona said calmly.

 

"I'm okay, you can see that for yourself. Satisfied? Now piss off, I don't want to see your face, nor anybody. I want to rest properly." Siwon threw himself to his bed, ignoring Yoona alone. Yoona stood up and walked out from the room, but before she left, she turned her head and  formed a puzzling sentence to Siwon, with a sad face. 

 

"I'm so sorry for you, Siwon.

 

After Yoona left Siwon's room, Siwon embedded his face to the pillow and his tears fell, he screamed throughout the whole room to release his frustration.

 

"AAAAARGH!!!!!!!"

 

Author's Note : 

My reviewer sad that this chapter was longer than before, I hope it satisfies you and fill the gap of the short chapter back in the chapter 18 "Breaking The Password And Trust". Somehow, I'm fired up to clarify the connection between Siwon and Sooyoung's fraternity, I really love them both together. There isn't a YoonWon moment here, but I'll promise there will be on the upcoming chapter that involves them. Also, I would like to remind you, my beloved readers that I might put on a little hiatus for the next week since I have an exam for a week and a piano concert on Sunday, please wish me luck guys through your comments, they're my energy pills sincerely from you :) I would try my best not to neglect "Doppelganger" but it might be released on the next Wednesday to Friday since after next Monday, I'm free like Dobby from the Harry Potter saga. Thanks for reading and I hope you really like this chapter, Annyeong!! :D Comments will absolutely be appreciated.

 

Translations : 

 

Ahgasshi : A formal way to call someone 'Young Lady'

 

Sowoneul Malhaebwa : Tell Me Your Wish, it's one of the SNSD's song title.