Breaking The Password And Trust

Doppelgänger

In the same morning when Siwon woke up from his brief coma, Yuri and Dongae was welcomed by the tropical sun of Jeju Island. When they arrive at the Jeju Island's Kwon Mansion, the decided to stay for a night. They didn't have time to explore much of what's inside the building and chose to rest and continue for tommorow. They were exhausted and by the time they got there, the sun has set already. And so, now they're really about to find out what's the secret that Mr. Kwon has been hiding for long.

 

"Urrgh..that was a good night sleep." Yuri stretched her body in her awakening, she was using her old bedroom, she remembered that the room she was using at the moment was always the room she used with Yoona, it has two bunk beds, one for her above, and one for her twin little sister below. Yuri climbed the small stairs that's connected to the ground, she smiled weakly to see the lower bed was empty, she imagined Yoona was sleeping there while mumbling in her sleep, then Yuri would wake her up to do morning activities together.

 

When Yuri exited the room, someone closed her eyes from the back. Yuri was surprised and gulped her saliva, could it be her chase was already here? But, the voice who closed  her eyes totally changed her mind..

 

"Guess who~" Donghae asked playfully, Yuri was irritated by his childish action and managed to get her to tremble in fear. She sighed and threw Donghae's hands off her eyes.

 

"Yah! Donghae, stop being such a kid! I thought you're another assasin who wants to kill me right away!" Yuri rebuked Donghae with an upset face. Donghae just giggled a little upon Yuri's excessive anxiety, for him her upset face is cute and he wanted to see it again soon.

 

"Arraso arraso, aish, why do you have to be angry to me like that? I was trying to cheer you up Yul.." Donghae pretended to pout, seeking the attention of Yuri. But her reaction was different from what Donghae expected, she didn't smile even a bit, Donghae took a step back upon her scary gaze at him. He thought Yuri will laugh at him or forgive him, maybe what he did was too much, Donghae thought.

 

"That's not funny, Donghae. You might enjoy it as a mere prank but for me being in darkness and blindfolded are bad things now, I thought you would understand Donghae, but I didn't know my feelings that well, huh? If you repeat it again, don't even think of seeing me or talking to me again, arraso?" Yuri warned. Donghae didn't expect that coming from Yuri's mouth and fell silent, he said that he truly love Yuri, but he can't even understand her even just a bit.

 

'I...don't know that you've become traumatic against the darkness, mianhe..." Donghae lowered his head,he felt guilty over his prank, he didn't meant to upset Yuri like that but he wished he had never done that in the first place, knowing Yuri would be furious at him.

 

"Fine, I'll let this slide because you happen to not know of this case. Just don't..repeat it again. Please understand, you know what I've been through and you have become part of it too since you met me. Besides, we're here not to play or joking around, you said it yourself, we're here to retrieve the third suitcase my father left us. the third suitcase that you say we must value with our lives, are you forgetting your own purpose to guide me there?"  Yuri reminded Donghae's remark when they're in plane to Jeju Island. Donghae nodded in defeat, he was too excited to share the same building with Yuri and has forgotten his main objective.

 

"Yeah..of course I didn't forget about that. I was just excited of..." Donghae said with a small voice and lowering his head in forgiveness, his cheeks have become red to in embarrasment. Yuri cut his words before he can continue. 

 

"You're excited of what?" Yuri said with an alluring smile, she knew what Donghae was thinking, knowing how he feels about her, she wanted to know how honest Donghae can be to her. Her hands held Donghae's blushing cheeks, Donghae's face became red once again to felt the soft touch that Yuri gave. "Are you excited because I'm here with you?" Yuri tried to act cute to flatter Donghae even more, Donghae tried to hide his blushing face and looked away from Yuri.

 

"In that case..." Yuri closed the gap between her lips and Donghae's red cheek, then she gave a light peck like she used to do to Ji Yong and her parents. Donghae's eyes widen by the sudden smooch Yuri did. When Donghae turned his head to see Yuri, she just grinned sweetly at him. "This ought to help you to understand me better, now, if you excuse me, I'll take a bath first before we can search for the thing we're looking for, annyeong."

 

Then Yuri walked towards the bathroom, Donghae was still left dumbfounded, didn't believe that what Yuri did wasn't in his dreams. He kept rubbing part of his cheek that has been kissed by Yuri's soft lips, the amazing feeling was still there, he thought that girl would only scold him for his childish attitude, but he found something better instead, a kiss by the girl of his dreams.  


 

Filled with excitement, Donghae dilligently worked on his search. He tried his best so he would impress Yuri if he found something, with a little of hope that Yuri would kiss his cheek again if he succedded, that smacker which Yuri gave Donghae became a drug of energy to him. He did everything with a little hum to signify that he's happy at the moment. He messed up the whole mansion, the books in closet, the files of the late Mr. Yu Jin, things in Yuri and Yoona's bedroom, and he didn't find anything significant that's worth called a hint. Soon, he finished inspected all rooms inside the Jeju's Kwon Mansion except one, Kwon Yu Jin's office.

 

"Hmm..I've checked all the things in the rooms and I suppose this is the last one, I hope I can find what I'm looking here. Alright." Donghae opened the door slowly, there are tons of clearfiles and papers neatly arranged inside bookcase in that white room, also there is chair with a motive of zebra's skin that Mr. Kwon found that's most comfortable to use for him in his work. 

There are also family pictures of Mr. Kwon with his wife and children, Donghae walked around that room slowly, to see the pictures of Kwon Family smiling together. Kwon took one of those picture, he cleaned and blew the dust that soiled in the photo, he smiled weakly to see the little Yuri smiling with someone who exactly looked like her, he wondered who she was, she's really as pretty Yuri, but her smile was smaller, not a happy as Yuri's. Donghae found that girl's face was familliar to him, although he was sure he had never met her before

 
"I see that you're attracted to my little sister too, my, Donghae you're too easy to fall to someone." Yuri said while folding her hands, Donghae's body vibrated in shock and almost dropped the picture by the sudden incoming, but he held the family picture with a strong grip in order to keep it safe from falling.
 
"Yu--Yuri? So this is your little sister? She looks a lot like you...if not because of your sweet smile, I would mistook her as you." Donghae praised Yuri indirectly, Yuri elbowed him playfully over his praise.
 
"Ya, stop embarrasing me will you? Of course she looks a lot like me, she's my twin little sister, it's not weird for us to be identical, right? Anyway, enough discussing of me and my dongsaeng, did you found anything we're looking for?" Yuri took the photo from Donghae's hand and put it where it belonged, Donghae's mind was still focused on Yoona's face that he was sure he had met somewhere. 
 
"Donghae...are you spacing out again? Come on, be serious!" Yuri flicked her fingers in front of Donghae's eyes and brought him back to earth. "Gee, you're easily distracted by other things do you? Shall I be the one to search for the third suitcase instead of you? Since you're fascinated by all the things inside this Kwon Mansion, you can freely go wherever you want to, have it your way." Yuri satirized, she was really annoyed of Donghae that kept dilly-dallying around the house, now she regretted to kiss Donghae on the cheek since it must be why he kept pacing back and forth.
 
"Annyeo! I'm not spacing out and I didn't play around the house! I've finished checking the rooms inside this house and this is the last one, you just happen to spotted me seeing your family picture, that's all! Honestly!" Donghae reasoned panicly, Yuri chuckled of how Donghae show that he's innocent, she believed Donghae is not the one who likes to abandon his mission.
 
"Okay, if you say that, I will believe in you. Just concentrate a little bit, won't you? So, any luck finding an odd thing or two here?" Yuri asked, hoping for some satisfying answer to prove that Donghae wasn't playing around.
 
"I didn't find any suitcase, but this little thing attracted me and in my opinion, it may be the clue to get in touch with that thing. Only one, this"  Donghae put his hand on top of the black laptop that belonged to Mr. Kwon.
 
"Ah.. it's Appa's laptop, he used to work with that when I was still a kid, try to turn it on and see if we can found something." Yuri commanded, Donghae did as he was told and sat on the zebra motive chair. His heart was filled with excitement, what would he found, but his excitement has gone and turned to anger to see what the laptop screen showed him.
 
"Tch! It's locked by a password and it has no hint. Hmm..Yuri, can you figure this out? I know nothing about your father, but you lived for a long time with him, so you might know the password. Maybe you can remember his other computers that were locked with passwords, you might want to give it a try." Donghae stood up from the chair and asked Yuri to sit, the shorter girl was worried that she might not know the key of the laptop.
 
"I'm not sure I'm capable of this, but I'll try." Yuri sat on the chair and exhaled a deep breath, she began typing her mother's name, a thing that crossed her mind if talking about her father since he used to use her name as a password. Although the result came unexpected, it was incorrect.
 
"I guess it won't be that easy, huh? Let me try again." this time, Yuri typed her name, Mr. Kwon said that he was proud of her fully and he might connect this matter to his personal life, she typed 'kwonyuri' at the password box and again, it was a failure.
 
"Hmm...I couldn't guess more, perhaps.." Yuri began typing things she had in mind about his father, his birthday, Kwon Company name, his own name, and  failure after failure, her hand typed in frustration by the end, as if she wanted to kill her father's laptop, because she was in total anger, she didn't realize that everytime she put the wrong password, numbers of her fault was counted like 8/10 and she only had ten chances. However, Donghae who was examining the meaning of that number discovered what it means at Yuri's ninth failure, when Yuri was about to type the ninth password, Donghae stopped her hands from moving.
 
"Yuri! Stop! Calm down a sec!" Donghae grabbed Yuri's hands that were about to type her ninth guess, Yuri exhaled her breath to release her emotion to the thing that irritated her. She released her fingers from the keyboard.
 
"What is it, Donghae? I was about to kill this damn thing of my father's." Yuri said angrily.
 
"Look, it says eight out of ten. Do you know what that means? We only had two chances left! Please Yuri, if you're not sure then we ought to call it a day and start search for some another clue."  Yuri who just realized the numbers was put up in a shock and slapped her own head, regretting to insert things randomly. She wanted to help Donghae but all she did was holding him back, she thought.
 
"Mi--mianhe...I didn't notice this at the beginning, I should've stopped trying after my first failure. I'm sorry Donghae..maybe I ought not to try at the first place." Yuri apologized while lowering her head. Donghae pitied the younger girl, she wanted to help but she wasn't able to do so. Donghae put his hands on her shoulders, comforting her that what she did wasn't wrong at all.
 
"It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong, you were trying to help but you haven't got it it right yet. Come on, let's just leave this alone, how about I make you some breakfast? You haven't eaten right?" Donghae assured and trying his best not to discuss anything about Mr. Kwon's laptop. Donghae took her hand who was out of energy because of the hectic typing.
 
"Yeah..maybe we better try later.." Yuri said with a sad voice, she walked towards the exit but she stopped in front of the door, like a light bulb that blinked, she released Donghae's hand and hurried to the laptop once again, but before she started to type what she had in mind, she stared at Donghae with a pitiful face. "Donghae...may I?"
 
Donghae grinned at her widely. "Of course, why would I forbid you? This is the message your father left you, that means you're the only one with that could come up with an answer. So don't hesitate and try everything you can, I ain't stopping you, Kwon Yuri."
 
Yuri nodded and started to type the password, Donghae noticed that Yuri no longer typed alphabets but numbers, he wondered what numbers that Yuri had in mind. 
 
"eighteen...seven...nineteen eighty six.." Yuri whispered. She clicked 'Enter' with gulping her saliva, it took a while for the computer to process and finally the computer answered.
 
"WELCOME"
 
"YES!! Finally it opened Donghae!! Look!!" Yuri stood up and jumped in happiness. Bringing Donghae along to share her enjoyment. Donghae just smiled at her sweetly, keeping up with her dance, after a minute, Yuri who was drifted by happiness realized that she was dancing with Donghae joyfully, with a red face, she released her hands from Donghae's grip awkwardly. "Sorry..I was too excited, hehe."
 
"What's there to sorry for, Yuri? Haha I thought it's normal to do that if you accomplish something, besides it's worth it. Congratulations, Yul." Donghae winked at  Yuri playfully, Yuri smiled in return.
 
"Annyeo...it's just I can't believe what the password that I guessed was right, it was the last thing I had in mind. Ji Yong Oppa's birthday...Appa wanted to give this message to Kwon Ji Yong, the rightful successor of Kwon Company chairman. Nevertheless, thank you for believing me until the end, Donghae, if I'm not succedded in my ninth try, what would you do then, Donghae?" Yuri questioned Donghae's faith on her, Donghae grinned at her and answered.
 
 
"Then I will trust you to try out for the tenth time, Yuri."