That Day And That Night

Doppelgänger

Author's Note : 

The story onwards are from Sooyoung's point of view, this chapter is the last part of Siwon's past from chapter 27

 

---FLASHBACK---

Siwon Oppa and I continued the term of our torture on the days after too, we know nothing of joy or happiness in that place, we only know pain or torture alike. Our sleeps were filled with bad dreams, dreading the next day. If we could wish for one thing, we only wish time would stop at night at the only time where we can finally say love to each other or comforted one another, and dawn never approach South Korea if it's possible so that we don't have to suffer anymore when the sun goes up.

 

Everyday was the same, the barbaric wake-up call, being separated, Siwon being tortured for the half of his day and lastly I'm being taken hostage in trade of Siwon's life and forced to spent my time there, without anyone around to chat with me, the only person other than me who had entered this small space, was the guy who's responsible bringing my lunch and dinner. The only thing I do is drawing on the green wall of the room with used pale white chalks lying on the floor, I realized this place was an old classroom after a while.

 

Still, Siwon is right in front of me, experiencing the world of pain while I hystericly scream everytime he got whipped. and yet I couldn't even get a hold of him, because the thick glass that became my wall to him.

 

All I could do was to treat his wounds, which were caused by Seung Won's atrocities.

 

I wish to share his pain and tell him my stories of being held captive everyday, but part of me refused to do so when I saw wounds all over his body every night, they kept telling me to stop from becoming a selfish person. I did what part of me told me, as I endured the pain I experienced myself. For years I've managed to lie to Siwon by pretending I was in my room for the whole day, waiting for him to come back.

 

And the only thing that kept me alive all those years, was his bright smile of relieve when I told him I'm okay.

 

Days became weeks, weeks became months, months became years. Time has passed so quickly because I no longer could felt it, I didn't know at what season I'm at everyday, when my room became cold, they would give me more warmer clothes, although it only managed to help a little for me to fight the cold, I still survived.

 

But those common, cruel days changed into brighter ones, a year after the days of our torture..

 

I remembered the sound of chirping birds in summer was the voice that filled the music of my meeting with that guy, the only guy who's connected to me other than Siwon, someone who adored my brother with all his heart. During my lunch time, usually the big guy would just barge in without a knock or slam the door hardly and startle me.

 

Suddenly, in all of those days, I heard a faint knock on the door, which I found was something very odd to happen.

 

"Ms. Choi Sooyoung? Are you there?" a voice questioned my presence as my brows wrinkled upon such a kind and gentle question, I couldn't even imagine that guy who brought my daily meal would ask something so nice. Then again, I recalled that the voice was softer and very soothing to be heard.

 

"....Yes? Who are you?" I asked back hesitantly.

 

"I'm the new guy who's responsible for bringing you you daily foods, may I come in and serve your lunch?" 

 

"Sure, come in." I smiled while I gave the new guy a warm welcome. I thought this guy would be hundred times better than that scary guy who would always frighten me.

 

I heard the sound of unlocking door, and he slowly slided the door to enter the room. I learned his figure, he was at my age, and he has the exact height as me, his hair was very spiky. He slowly put the foods on the floor right in front of me.

 

"Enjoy your meal, miss." he bowed and took small steps to get out of this room. But I stopped him from leaving the room.

 

"Wait." 

 

"Why? Is there anything else you would like to eat? I will bring it to you soon, just say the word." he offered kindly, mistaking my intention.

 

"No, thank you for bringing this food, I'm really grateful. But, may I know your name?" I asked. 

 

He nodded upon my request and answered. "My name is Lee Donghae, miss."

 

"I see, Donghae, right? What a nice name you have there." he giggled a little upon my praise.

 

"Thank you for your compliment, Miss Sooyoung. Now is there anything you would like to know about me?"  

 

I played with my fingers embarrasingly, before I made my request. I was about to swallow my question, it took a while for me to ask him, but my mouth managed to let it out somehow. "...Can you stay here a little longer if you're not busy? I'm feeling lonely for the moment and...I would like to chat a little with you. Do you mind?" I asked hesitantly, while looking away from his eyes who seemed to be learning this weird girl in front of him, but he made a smile as I finished my question. "Sure, I'd love to."

 

He slowly walked to my side and sat on the floor, eventually leaning on the wall. I still played with my fingers, I did ask him to accompany me since he was around my age and I felt we could be friends that stucked in the same place, but I didn't know what to say to him on our first meeting.

 

He made his eyes met mine, and with that sweet mimic of his face he asked. "Aren't you going to eat my food?"

 

"Ye--yeah! I was about to!" I quickly grabbed the chopsticks and started to eat rushly, to escape the awkwardness between us. While munching the food, I noticed something different with the taste. "Wow, today's meal sure is way better than the last ones, the rice is well-made and the side dishes...is okay, wait this is entirely different from what I tasted before." I commented on the food, which is really tasty, compared to the usual meal I had to consume.

 

He grinned at me like he heard the sound of victory. "Thank you, miss Sooyoung. Like I said, that's my food you're eating, I made it up myself. I'm really glad you like it. I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you, I'll bring the better ones next time."

 

"Annyeo! It's really good actually...wait, did you say you made this? What happen to the last chef?" he nodded to my answer. "There's nothing wrong with the last chef, I just felt that the food he made halfheartedly didn't taste better than mine, so I offered myself to do the job. Making you food and bring it to here myself."  

 

I wondered about the oddity on his story. "Why do you such a thing? We haven't met before, right? Or have we? I'm sorry if we really did because I couldn't remember."

 

He shook his head in disagreement upon my question. "No we haven't, but I have a debt to pay, to your brother, the person who saved my life, two times. I couldn't reach him because he is always on his intense training, right? Except today, I didn't see him inside the Training Room." I looked at the glass window and just like he said, Siwo wasn't there and there were no sounds of whipping or his scream of pain, the view in front of me was really, really quiet. Maybe because I couldn't bear with the hellish view in front of me, I didn't even bother to look anymore.

 

"When I found out that you are his little sister, I just felt like it's my duty call, taking care of you and bringing you food, it's the least I could do to make him feel at ease, maybe." he admitted, I found it weird for Siwon for getting such fan like him, who adored him with all his heart. As far as I could tell, he didn't communicate to anyone other than that wretched Seung Won, all he knew was hatred and pain with him, but then suddenly this boy at his age just came inside my room and admitted the reason he came here for owing him a favor.

 

"When did you first met him?" I inquired.

 

He explained to me the accident that happened to the mwhen they're still children, I got the point of his story that a bully of their age named Seung Ri hit him and threw him on a river, but Siwon was there to save his day. He fainted at the process of the rescue, but he vaguely recalled Siwon fought a group of bad boys and manage to win the match, although when he's full awake, Siwon was no longer there for him to thank for.

 

"I didn't really remember, but he really fought those group alone bravely while protecting me who was fainted, he was my hero and I couldn't forget his face. Although our second meeting was a little bit tragic, but he was still my saviour by the end. But please don't ask me about our second meeting, it's not a pleasant memory" I didn't bother to interview him further, the only thing I could thought of when he saved Donghae from that group was impossible, at that age, if he's really Siwon. I imagined his other threw his opponent to the river and left him just like that, that's really what Siwon's other would do.

 

I finished my meal as he finished his story as well. I cleaned the area around my mouth with the handkerchief he gave me, I ate all the food without realizing I have finished it, the taste of the food plus the story of Siwon Donghae gave me completely made me enjoy the meal time, it was the most pleasant meal time of my life. 

 

"So you're finished? Let me get this for you then." He put all the food on the silver tray that he used to bring all the food, and he stood up, walking to the direction of exit. "I'll get going, see you later miss Sooyoung. It was a pleasure talking to you."

 

"Wait." I halted him. "Will I see you again?"

 

"Tonight, at your dinner time, if you wish to see me again."

 

"Sure, I'd love to see you again. Oh, and please drop the formality, please don't use 'miss' if you're calling me, just call me by name." I winked at him playfully.

 

"...Sooyoung?" he tried to call by my name only for the first time.

 

"That sounds better, now off you go. see you tonight, Donghae." he smiled at me brightly and slided the door as he show himself out.

 

I smiled back while looking that door, finally something worth waiting for other than the night time, that is meal time, never once I enjoyed the meal time because the food was as terrible as it can be, and now I will enjoy it. That day, was one of the happiest moment of my life inside that lively hell, I'm really grateful to have a friend, something I wished for since Siwon was separated from me at the first day, anyone would be okay, and I think God has answered my night time prayers.

 

Minute after I saw the door, I felt my vision was blurry for split seconds. I rubebd my eyes and my vision finally turned back to normal. I didn't realize this phenomenon was the start of 'No Light Perception' disease. 

 

That Day, was also the day I started to lose my sight.


 

Yoona grinned happily to finally see the happy turn of Sooyoung's story. Before, her story forced her to cry but she held it up, she didn't want to make Sooyoung freak out for crying suddenly in front of her, little tears were already formed in her eyes but she wiped those off before they could stream through her cheeks. 

 

"From what I see, having Donghae as an only friend was a gift that the world has given me for my everlasting loneliness. He was one person I always longed in those dreadful days, much like Siwon. He healed my broken heart that couldn't be repaired for years." Sooyoung admitted bluntly, Yoona imagined that Donghae must be a real good person and she wished to have someone like him, and did what he did to Sooyoung.

 

But, as his name repeated again and again, something pop out inside her head. Donghae, that name sure seemed familiar to her.

 

"Sooyoung, what does this Donghae looked like?" 

 

"Hm...when I was still able to see,  he has a...spiky, black hair." Sooyoung used her hands and made a spiky form with her hair, trying to tell Yoona how spiky his hair was. "He was as tall as Siwon, and sometimes wore a hat. His skin is fair." Sooyoung explained his appearance.

 

"And his personality?" Yoona continued.

 

"He was a sweet guy, he used to tell me heartwarming stories and he always tried his best to made me feel comfortable. He knew about my past and I knew his, we were really best of friends, for us, the two of us were the only friends we ever had in that place. He cared about me a lot, he knew about my symptoms of blindness before Siwon did. One thing, I'll never forget him was his ability to cook, his foods was the best dishes that I've ever tasted." Yoona giggled a little, she didn't realize that Sooyoung was such a shikshin*, she couldn't tell anymore how many times she mentioned about foods.

 

"Why do you ask, anyway. Yoona?" she questioned as she concluded her explanation about Donghae.

 

Yoona thought of it when Sooyoung striked her up with that question, she herself wasn't sure why did she ask such a thing and put an interest about him.

 

"I don't know, I just feel I have to. Because his name was familiar and I think I have met someone with the name of Donghae when I was a little." Yoona admitted.

 

"I must say he might be not the Donghae we're talking about, because as I told you, he spent his childhood in that place with me and Siwon, it must be the wrong person."

 

"...Yeah, perhaps you're right. I must've been mistaken." Yoona vaguely remembered about this guy named Donghae, she was sure she spent a little time when they were even younger. But seeing Sooyoung's confident that this Donghae was not the one she encountered, she backed down, thinking her opinion might be true.

 

"You said you started to lose your sight at that moment, did you know what's wrong with you?" Yoona questioned, trying to divert the topic from Donghae.

 

"I know, it was because of the lack of healthy consumption that guy before Donghae brought me, but for me, my mental condition did damaged my eyes more than my health. When those two problems attacked my eyes at the same time, I turned up like this, blind, surrounded by darkness."  Sooyoung d her blind eyes, Yoona put her hands down from her eyes before she hurt herself.

 

"When was the last day you could see? Can you remember?" 

 

"I will never forget that night, the last night I was still able to see things." Sooyoung sighed. She knew that question will come out from Yoona's mouth. She wished nothing more but not to tell the younger girl beside her, then again, she wanted to help Siwon by telling Yoona his true story, so that she could truly understand him.


 

Once Donghae came into my life, everything didn't seem so bad. I managed to heal my loneliness, I smiled more often with him around, and the best part was, I could tell him things that I couldn't tell Siwon as he told his own sad, tragic stories. Everything was still the same, lifeless days, nothing changes, with the exception, the change of my food courier.

 

Sometimes we talked about the same person we adore, the person who was tortured in front of us, Siwon. But as time goes by, he could no longer feel the pain, and this daily exercise became his entire life. Donghae and I could only pity him, even with the two of us, we couldn't even change a thing about him. Sometimes Donghae would report to me how he's doing outside his training room, but he couldn't form a real contact with Siwon.

 

Donghae sat down beside me as usual on my meal time, as I enjoyed the food he brought. "Sooyoung, do you have a dream?"

 

"I do, do you?" I asked back.

 

"Hey, I asked first. Come on, ladies first." he pushed me to answer first.

 

"Nothing much, just to get out of this place, alive and well, with Siwon." I answered shortly.

 

Donghae slightly gasped to hear my desperate answer. "I'm so sorry to hear that. This place has taken much of your life, hasn't it? I hope your dream came true, Sooyoung." 

 

"What about you? Do you have a dream or two?" I asked back.

 

"Yes I do, two of them. First one, I would like to own a restaurant where I could freely cook for the customers and saw their satisfied faces after eating my food, just like your face right now." 

 

"I think you will do fine with that and I'm sure it will came true somehow, you're really a good chef, Donghae.Thanks to your food, my life here doesn't seem such a waste. Each and everyday seems worth it to try your recipes." he grinned happily to hear my sincere praises. What I said was true and it has no element of exagerrating, though. "What is your second dream?"

 

"My second dream is to repay your brother's kindness. He saved my life twice and yet I have done nothing to him, he is my hero, my role model, everything. Everyday he made through all that unbearable pain just to see his little sister at night and made sure you're okay. You are a lucky sister, Sooyoung. I really mean it. Sometimes I envy you for being so close to him." He admitted bluntly.

 

I awed at him and hit his arm lightly. "You really adore him that much, aren't you, Donghae?" 

 

"Yes I am. I would do anything to receive his recognition, to be friends with him, to call him 'hyung', to share some stories with him like we do right now. Wonder how it feels to be friends with someone as great as him." I just stared at Donghae in amazement. If only Siwon could hear what I heard just now, he would be really blissful, at least that's what I thought. 

 

"But I thought your dream would be a painter, Sooyoung. Look at these drawings and patterns you drew on the wall, it's beautiful." he commented kindly while looking at the green wall I've made a mess with. I groaned, everyone can tell that this scribbles on the wall were a form anger venting.

 

"Pabo, this is just me releasing some stress. Before you were here, I was really lonely, and these things helped me got through all that--ugh!" I winced in pain as I rubbed my eyes, my vision was really blurry this time and even I rubbed my eyes continously, everything was still foggy and misty, unclear and too bright. At that time, my eyes were really damaged.

 

Donghae rested his hands on my shoulder worriedly. "Sooyoung, are you okay? Did your eyes hurt again?" he moved my face to see his. "Can you see me now?"

 

"No..Donghae, I can't see you clearly.,,please help.." I grunted in pain, Donghae wasn't visible to my eyes anymore. 

 

"Then use this." he put something on my face. My ears felt like sustaining something light. I rubbed my eyes for the last time and finally I regained my normal sight back. I touched the item that helped me to see normally, and I realized Donghae just gave me a pink spectacles.

 

"Donghae..this.." I took of the glasses in disbelief, Donghae even prepared something like this for me.

 

"It fits you well, Sooyoung." he commented.

 

"How did you get something like this?" 

 

"It used to belong to someone who's important to me, I always bring this everywhere as my charm. But it doesn't matter, it's yours now, Sooyoung. I see it's more useful on you than for me to carry everywhere." he said kindly, putting his hand on mine. "Just keep it well, won't you?"

 

I stared at the pink spectacles, there was a little bit of dust on the glass part. Donghae was telling the truth, It used to belongs to someone else. I thought about this sudden gift he gave me, but I stretched my arm to him that's holding the glasses. "I'm sorry Donghae, but I don't think I can't accept this. I'm thankful for your kind attention, though. Please accept this back."

 

However, he pushed my arm further away from him, forcing me to take the gift. "No, please accept this. I said this not just because I want you to know it's precious, but it's a symbol of our everlasting friendship. What I want to tell you is, you're precious to me too as precious as her. I knew she wouldn't mind this if I gave this to you." 

 

I glanced at the glasses again with deep thought. I sighed, I know Donghae would stubbornly force me to use this no matter how I reject him. Since he looked really sincere of giving this to me, I put the glass back on.

 

"Does it suit me?" I asked for his opinion, while smiling at him.

 

    

 

"Perfectly, Sooyoungie." he praised again while calling my nickname he made. I instantly hugged him, I was touched by his will to help me with all he can, he didn't lie about that from our first meeting until now. He returned my hug, and patted my back. 

 

"Gomawo, Donghae. I don't know what will I do if I don't have you." I thanked him.

 

"Don't mention it, it's a pleasure to me to help a friend of mine. I mean, that's what friends are for, right? Next time, I'll bring you more vegetables that contained A Vitamin to help you see normally again. Until then, you have the right to use this glasses. Please keep it well."

 

I pretended to pout while looking at his innocent face. "You know I hate carrots and other vegetables." I complained.

 

"No, you don't have a choice, young lady. If I say you have to eat it, then you really have to do it. It's for your own good." he warned with his teacherly tone, I still pout at him, but I guess I really have to consume a lot of A Vitamins like he said. My sight was bad as it can be, it can't be helped.

 

"Fine." I sighed with a surrendering tone. "Make sure you cook it well."

 

"You'll learn to love it, Sooyoungie. I will make it as tasty as I can so that picky tounge of yours will be satisfied." he guaranteed to make me feel comfortable, I returned his offer with a wide smile on my face. 

 

"Oh look at the time, I must get going." he looked at his Mickey Mouse watch. "You're finished too, let me handle it." he put all my plates on the tray and stood up. "I'll see you later then, Sooyoungie."  

 

"Yup, see you too. Thanks again for the glasses, it really helps. Please make the best vegetables for me and my eyes, or you'll be sorry." I stucked my touge playfully, he just chuckled confidently and walked out from my room. He was sure his ability to cook will put my tounge dancing in happiness, he is always like that, confident of himself, sometimes to the point of cocky.

 

He may be as small as I am, but he has loads of courage, mega watts of it. That's why I felt protected when I'm with him.  I even told him about my eyes, something I told him, but not Siwon. When I was diagnosed to have this eye problem, my parents wouldn't let Siwon know because he was simply too small to understand that his little sister will turn blind by the time he realized. I felt I have to share this problem, and Donghae was all open ears to hear my boring stories.

 

Kindhearted, that's what describes him best.

 

Few minutes later, I went back to my real room that I shared with Siwon. he was smirking happily when he was looking at a piece of paper the moment he entered the room, but he panicly hid the paper inside the cupboard once he saw me waiting for him on the bed. 

 

"What was that? Could I take a look?" I tried to open the closet, but Siwon prevented me by holding my wrists. "Look, it's none of your bussiness, okay? Go to sleep, Sooyoung." he answered coldly while beckoning me to sleep earlier than him, I backed down in fear once I saw his pair of ruthless, angry eyes. I hurriedly jumped on the bed, when I was about to turn the lights off, he stopped me.

 

"Jakkaman...Sooyoung, where did you get that glasses?" he wondered, I myself had forgotten to have put the pink accessory on my face. I took off the pink glasses and wondered what answer to gave him, but before I could think of something, he yelled at me. "Tell me where did you get that glasses, Sooyoung!"

 

I startled in fear to hear his loud yell. I played with my fingers to prolong the answer, but his deathly stare that looked straight to my eyes wouldn't let me concentrate. "I...I got this...from a friend. My daily food courier---he gave it to me, as present." I answered stutteredly.

 

Siwon's pupils enlarged and his eyes were like the eyes of a lion. He stomped heavily on the floor while walking towards me, when he was really close to me, he slapped my cheek hardly, made me supined on the mattress. The glasses Donghae gave me fell on the carpet.

 

"Pabo! Didn't I tell you not to make profound contact with anyone here?! There's no one to trust here, Sooyoung! What if you get hurt or something?! Who will be responsible after that?!" he screamed in anger, he really did tell me about not making friends with anyone because he believed only Seonsaengnim was the only one who gave him a real support, the rest was all fake, that place made him distrust every people he encountered. 

 

I knew he wouldn't like me to make contact with anyone, what I didn't was that he would turn this angry if I did.

 

I stared at him in disbelief, tears ran down from my eyes and stream through my cheek. I jumped out from my bed and recollect the pink glasses from the floor. I raised the glasses in front of his eyes. "Oppa! This is the only gift I have received ever since I lived here! I celebrated my birthday alone! I never knew anything like christmas gift or thanksgiving! I only have him as a friend! And this is the symbol of our friendship! Can't you understand my loneliness?!" I screamed at his face, flushing all my frustration to him.

 

"You have me! Am I not good enough for you?! Couldn't I do things he could do?!" he asked.

 

I paused for spilt seconds, maybe it was true, I was taking Siwon for granted, at that moment I felt guilty for not being grateful with him around me, the reason I lived until now. But still, I hate to admit, there are things that Siwon couldn't do, which Donghae could. 

 

I jumped on the bed and turned my back on him in ignorance, pretending to be tired and try to catch some sleep. Siwon sighed in disappointment, he wanted me to finish my answer, but I couldn't.

 

Suddenly, I instinctly answered. "I'm sorry Oppa, but you alone, sometimes is not good enough for me. I'm really sorry."

 

"Well, that ends tonight, dongsaeng." he answered shortly and walked out from our room with a slam on the door, I have no idea what he meant, what I caught was he was really resentful towards me.

 

I sobbed while putting my blanket on me, covering my crying face. Thinking of his old smile when he assured me that everything's going to be alright, he never did something like that nowadays, not even once. He changed a lot since our first arrival here, he was really selfish, mean and heartless these days and he never even bother to hear me out, I rarely confess my problems, but when I did, he looked like he didn't care. 

 

The biggest change I experienced from him, was the next day, the day he did something inhuman with his hands.


 

The next day, I woke up with swollen eyes. I was crying up until midnight and even so, I didn't manage to hear Siwon entered our room. When I took a glimpse on his bed, the bed was neat and there were no signs that he slept here. I wondered where did he went? 

 

Minutes later, I remembered what he said yesterday.

 

"Well, that ends tonight dongsaeng."

 

Does that mean he's running away from here, leaving me alone? Is he mad at me? Or does he only changes his room so he doesn't share the same room with me? The person who made him angry last night for disobeying his orders? Am I wrong? My mind was flooded with questions upon that one, short yet puzzling sentence. It could mean anything, but that's a sign of his rage, I figured.

 

But I never realized, the meaning of words would go as  far as his actions.

 

I entered the glass room myself sincerely, thinking that silence and peace in there might help me to tell what did I do wrong, who knows Donghae could help during lunch time. While I thought deeply about Siwon's words, I tapped the floor impatiently, waiting for the person who gave me this pink glasses that I'm wearing right now.

 

Let me eat have those bad orange vegetable or the likes of it that contained A Vitamin, as long as I could meet him.

 

When I heard the sound of sliding door, I was about to jump and the person who was about to enter, but the person was not Donghae who was responsible to bring me foods, but the bulky guy that used to bring me food, I was startled, out of all days, that day was the day I needed him most, but he wasn't present when I needed him. 

 

The bulky guy put the tray of food in front me harshly and unrelaxed, the water from the glass spilt a little bit because of the rough action, it made me remember of his old behavior when Donghae wasn't responsible yet, how cruel he could be. 

 

"Eat." he commanded. I was about to approach the food, but I came with a question of Donghae's whereabouts.

 

"Wait, where did the usual errand boy who used to come here?" 

 

"He quit, and now I'm back with my boring activity to take care of you. That's the last meal he made so make it count, eat." I was taken aback wit his explanation, my heart was shattered to million pieces, what happened last night already pierced my heart into two, but now it's shattered. Why today? I asked myself as I saw the disgusting vegetables all over my meal. He left without saying a word, only foods that I disliked, way to go, Donghae.

 

The guy exited the glass room. I sat with a listless feeling, while playing with my food nonchalantly. Tears ran down from my eyes like last night while I  tasted the food, it was very sour, my tears mixed with the soup, it was the taste of my own tears.

 

Unconciously, I fell asleep there while I found my eyes were still filled with water. I wiped them off, I look at the glass window in front of me, at least if there's no Donghae, there was Siwon there for me to look at. But weirdly, he wasn't there too, the Training Room was empty and no one was using it. I grew sad even more, thinking that maybe Siwon really did runaway from this place wihtout me, maybe he no longer care for me, I dreaded the night time to come, imagining when I our room, he won't be there for me anymore, and it becomes my own room whereI should spend a lonely night everyday.

 

Suddenly, someone unlocked from the outside the glass room, judging from the rush of hsi effort, I figured it was that bulky guy again, to gave me the dinner. 

 

But I was wrong, it was Donghae, who was all sweaty and looked in a hurry. I tried to hug him but he grabbed my wrists before I manage to hug him. He stared at me with serious eyes, something he never did before. "Come with me, ppali." 

 

He pulled me and ran farther from the glass room, I was surprised by his sudden call, I thought we were going to be stopped by the guard who used to stood tall in front of the room, watching over me, but he wasn't there. I let myself being pulled by Donghae, when the both of us stopped in front of a room. I didn't realize it at first because we moved so swiftly but when I entered the premises, I noticed it was my room.

 

He stopped running and panted hardly when we're in my room, so was I. We were running like there's no tomorrow, whatsmore, for no exact reason. 

 

He wiped off the sweat from his face which was streaming from his hair. "We made it."

 

"Made it for what, Donghae?" I asked, it was very odd to found he acted so random, with the purpose I wasn't aware of.

 

He was a bit startled upon my question, and he seemed like having no idea for what he has done. He muttered himself, before he answered. "Um..we made it to save you."

 

My brows wrinkled at first, it was really weird. Even if he could save me now, it won't be a hard matter for Seung Won and his pupils brought me back where I belonged, therefore, Donghae could even take some punishments for bringing me all the way here. But it doesn't matter, at least I get to see him, finally.

 

I pulled him into my embrace and hugged him tightly, unconciously, the second tears fell from my eyes, the difference was this one is tears of happiness. "I miss you, Donghae. I really miss you." I dug my head to his chest, making my tears fell on his shirt.

 

He caressed my hair gently and answered to my feelings. "I'm really sorry Sooyoungie if I made you worried for leaving without a word." I smiled at him, I've been expecting that word from his sweet mouth since he took me on this runaway. "I see you still keep the glasses, thanks for taking good care of it."

 

"Of course! I would treasure it with all my life. I won't lose it." I said with a great enthusiasm.

 

"And..I see you also finished the vegetables I made for you." he said playfully while stucking his tounge. "How was it? Just admit it that it's tasty."

 

My smile turned into a big pout when he mentioned that food. "No! And thanks to you for leaving me alone just like that, the soup tasted my tears, how's that for your information? Now my eyes were as bad as it can be. I will blame you if my eyes were troubled again." I hit his chest lightly, I was really angry when that guy suddenly replaced his place as the food carrier, I thought I was about to lose my only friend. "Promise me you'll never leave me alone like that again."

 

"Mianhe Sooyoung, it's just I decided to drop of the job because this is the last day you'll stay---" he closed his mouth with his hand, he must've about to say something he shouldn't, but I can't take my mind of his odd behaviour.

 

"I'll stay..where? Please finish your sentence." I broke the hug as analyzed his eyes, forcing him to answer truthfully with my sharp stare. Like before, he muttered for an answer. Tonight, he acted so weird, the weirdest he had ever shown.

 

"Um..err..this is the last day you'll stay in the glass room. I suppose." he sighed, I didn't know whether it was a sigh of relieve for sigh of disappointment for saying things he supposed to hide. I nodded, but then I found his answer was very peculiar.

 

"How do you know? You do now own this place. You must be daydreaming, go back to your sleep, pabo." I pushed his forehead with my index finger, pushing his head back. "Besides, how can you confirm such a confident statement? You must be crazy."

 

"No no no, it's true! Siwon hyung told me this himself. It's your dream come true, Sooyoungie, you're free from now on." although I was suppose to be delighted by his confimation, I wasn't really sure he was truly awake. Free? How can he say such a thing? I thought he was plaing a prank on me, but his eyes telling me he wasn't lying.

 

Another peculiar word from his mouth has once again caught my attention. "Siwon? Since when did you meet? You told me he never noticed you, and he's not present from yesterday, what's with you two, really? You all acted so strange, is there something you hide from me?"

 

Donghae gulped his saliva and stood in silence, I eyed his every gestures, it was really, really obvious he hid something for me, and it was soemthing really fishy about him, and Siwon. Speaking of Siwon, I was reminded with the piece of paper he hid from me last night, I remembered corretly that he hid it inside the closet, and it was still there, folded neatly.

 

While waiting for Donghae's answer, I unfolded the paper. When I saw inside, I was put up in a great shock. What's inside was really indescribably, unthinkable things. I rubbed my eyes to see if they're deceving me, but it was still the same content that I saw at first. I trembled in fear, and Donghae looked confused to see me shocked. 

 

"Sooyoungie, what's wrong?" 

 

"Donghae! Do you know a thing about this?!" I showed the paper to him, but he was startled too. The difference was, he was only a bit startled and then stared at the ground blankly, like he was feeling guilty. My mind started to run of things that happened today and knew how peculiar things happened today, thanks to this paper Siwon wrote. I stared at Donghae in disbelief, I know he was part of this, too. "You--you knew about this, don't you?"

 

"Soo--Sooyoungie, I can explain!" he defended panicly, but I still stare him in disbelief, with an element of anger.

 

"You knew about this all along! You and Siwon had deceived me! You two are liars! So this is what you have done behind my back?! I'm so disappointed at you, Donghae!" I threw the paper to his face in frustration, how dare he did something so unforgivable, and yet he acted friendly towards me, made me believe what I wanted to believe, now standing in front of me sickens me already.

 

"Sooyoungie! Listen! I'm sorry okay! It's just I really wanted his appreciation! I owed him my life and this..is only the half of it--" 

 

"You think this ought to make him happy?! Are you mad?! This isn't the way! This will tarnish your life forever too, you know that?! What were you thinking?!" I shouted at him with my full wrath. I still couldn't believe someone as kindhearted as he is would do such a thing. "I thought you were my friend, Donghae! You deliberately disappoint me! I never thought you were such person!"

 

He just stood in silence, receiving all my fury as if he was ready for it. He bented weakly, he has got nothing to say of his unforgivable actions. "I'm sorry...Sooyoungie." he made up a short sentence of apology, but my ears were too heated up to listen.

 

"Forget it! Our friendship is finished! Now you take me to the Training Room or you'll be sorry!" I pulled his hand like he did to me, but as harsh as I can so he could feel my hatred to him. I wished nothing but to leave him alone there, but I realized me myself won't do any good if I'm facing Siwon or Seung Won, if he's really a true man, he would face the concequenses of his wrongdoings and be responsible for his rash action.

 

As I reached the training room, I stepped on a drip of blood that streamed from the crack of the door, I glimpsed at the blood I stepped at, I opened the door of the Training Room in a hurry.

 

But by the time I got there, I was too late. 

 

I saw Siwon standing in front of us, while holding a gun and blood covered his whole body. He turned his head as he heard me entered the Training Room. He smirked at me with the most evil smirk he had ever shown, worse than the last night he showed, and his eyes were smiling maliciously, at that moment I didn't believe it was my big brother that I'm seeing, he looked like he was something else, something that's not  human.

 

"Dongsaeng, it's finished. We're free now." he said with a demonic grin, and he took a step back. I was about to vomit to see what I've seen at that moment.

 

I saw Seung Won leaned on the wall while closing his eyes, he was bathed in blood, and there were three marks of bullets on his body. I learned that night, Siwon just killed his own master with the gun he was holding. He really meant his revenge ever since Seung Won killed his parents in front of his eyes, and he executed his plan today, with the same numbers of shot that he gave to our father. He did it on purpose, so that Seung Won could share our father's pain, I didn't know he even thought of the smallest thing. But what mattered to me most was, he killed somebody, in cold blood.

 

I was in the edge of vomitting blood of the view I saw, my brother just killed a person, a living being, regardless who he is and his revenge, I still couldn't believe it. I thought that cruel intention of his has long gone left his heart, apparently, the scar that Seung Won left to Siwon's was too deep to be healed and he couldn't just accept it, and there he was, killed by hiw pupil.

 

"AAAAHHH!!!" I screamed hysterically as I felt the energy in my body was drained after that powerful scream, my feet were losing their energy and I felt myself about to lose conciousness, but I was being held by someone, I figured it was Donghae who held me and stopped me from falling on my head since he was the closest.

 

My vision's were blurred with tears and they were like shutting themselves down, my gaze was narrowed and the view turned pitch-black. I couldn't see anything anymore, for split seconds, I could only hear my name being called again and again. 

 

"Sooyoung! Sooyoung! Sooyoungie!" and that's all could hear, then everything, faded, a pure, total blackout.

 

That night, Siwon has killed somebody in cold blood, in front of my eyes.

 

The next morning, I could the sound of birds chirping. I stretched myself on the bed while lazily closing my eyes, but when I tried to open them up, I still couldn't see a thing, it's all dark and anything wasn't visible. I tried my best, but still my effort came to no avail. I rubbed my eyes continously and there were no things that I could see. After a while, I cried hardly, I realized, my time with my eyes was up.

 

Then I remembered the last moments I still could see things, the nightmare, the day I released tears three times in a row made my eyes couldn't take it anymore and my mental was broken due to outstanding horrific scenery. I cried louder when I recalled my brother turned into something inhuman, someone who I didn't recognize anymore. He really turned to be the likes of Seung Won, and it wouldn't surprise me if Seung Won's family would avenge their family member, and started the chain of hatred.

 

As I bursted in tears, I got myself a lesson that my eyes taught me. Maybe my eyes couldn't stand it anymore, lies of the sight in this world, fake friendship, broken family and horrible views of death. My eyes have taken much more that they could bear, that's why as the final call and Siwon showed me something out of they're league, my eyes finally decided to shut themselves out as my broken mind supported their decision. If they could describe the reason, they'd rather stay blind and stay ignorant of things they could see, than seeing cruelty in this world.

 

That night, was the night I lost the sight of what's important to me, namely Choi Siwon, my oppa, my saviour, my hero, and also my friend, Lee Donghae, my only friend, my food carrier and my best friend.


 

"As soon as Siwon discovered about my blindness, he felt guilty for the sudden change in my eyes, he did set us free but still there a price to pay. He cried day and night for what he has done to my eyes, I didn't know the details but I know that night, it wasn't Siwon who killed Seung Won but his alter ego. People may blame him for what he has done but---" before Sooyoung could finish her sentence, Yoona hugged her tightly and cut her words.

 

"Sooyoung....please stop..I'm sorry.." Yoona bursted in tears, sobbing in Sooyoung's embrace. It was undeniable that Sooyoung and Siwon's past story was more sad than any stories she has ever heard, what hurts her more was because it was a true story and she even dared to interview the victim in front of her . She couldn't help but to release tears of pain, guilt fulfilled her chest in an enormous amount.

 

Although she had been holding her tears by the beginning of Sooyoung's story, she was no longer able to listen to that heartbreaking story.

 

The blind girl weakly smiled, and patted Yoona's back full of care.

 

"Yoona, how old are you?" she kindly asked.

 

"I'm twenty two.." Yoona answered, while sobbing in the arms of Sooyoung.

 

"That means you're slightly younger than me, come on, Yoona. Big girls don't cry" Sooyoung comforted, still in the position of hugging Yoona tightly. Yoona wiped off her tears, she knew she has to be strong, it was he who crossed in her heart that she would not cry no matter what happen. She held up her tears as best as she can. She still have one last question to ask.

 

"Sooyoung, what was in that paper that you read back when Donghae pulled you into your room?"

 

"It was notes from Seongsaengnim to Siwon, there were plans, time and date of things Siwon should do before the execution. I didn't realize that they were communicating all along behind my back. He planned everything in a very detailed way, right from the start of our meeting." Sooyoung explained throughy, Yoona gulped in fear, she didn't know such dangerous person still exist in this world.

 

"I'm sorry Sooyoung..it's just..sad, to hear all that. I can't help myself but cry..Mianhaeyo, to have forced you to tell all that. Now I know the reason why you don't want to explain to me from the very beginning. I should've not asked you in the first place." Yoona regretted, deep down she admitted for being too selfish. Sooyoung has warned her, but she wouldn't listen.

 

"Don't worry, I'm not mad at you. In the early days of my blindness, everyday I cry outloud like you are right now.  Asking why the world to give me a such a difficult position in the society, why can't I have a normal life like the others out there. As the time goes by, I realized regretting everything wouldn't bring any change, so I started to see things on the bright side. At least Siwon loved me with all his heart right now, and for me that's what matters. My eyes may have lost sight of him, but my heart has not."

 

Yoona looked at the blind girl who was staring at the wall blindly, she put a bright smile, Yoona admired that she could still smile after what happened to her life. At that moment, Yoona admired her so much for having such bravery and confidence, all this time she secretly thought she was the girl with the worst destiny, but seeing Sooyoung like that changed her perspective, there was people with worse condition than she was, that night, she realized that.

 

Despite how irritating her Oppa to Yoona until now, Yoona still admired her.

 

"Unnie.." Yoona quietly called.

 

Sooyoung a was a little bit startled, she thought Yoona was calling somebody else, but she couldn't hear anyone footsteps. "Excuse me, Yoona, what do you mean by 'unnie'?"

 

"Can I call you that? I know we just met but I felt like we're friends already, we have lots in common especially in the terms of our brother. Can we be as close as sisters, Sooyoung unnie?" Yoona embarrasedly ask, she pawned her head for saying such embarrasing words.

 

"Sure, why not? We're friends now, and we don't even have to try to be sisters, I felt like we're that close already." Yoona's heart thumped in excitement upon her answer.

 

"Unnie!" Yoona pulled Sooyoung into her embrace once again, the two girls that shared many things in common have now finally became friends. Yoona knew that this new connection would bring a mental change to her and to Siwon, they decided to keep their relationship in secret from Siwon until he discover himself. After their short chat, Yoona decided to end their first meeting because she didn't want to make her family worried about her and she was afraid Siwon will be still awake to visit Sooyoung. 

 

Fortunately, until Yoona turned off the lights of Sooyoung's room, she managed to say a proper goodbye, while promising each other that they'd meet each other again soon. To Yoona, Sooyoung was the second person who accepted her as Yoona after her identity disposal, even though she lied for being Yuri at first, Sooyoung still gave her a chance for who she really is.

 

"Sooyoung Unnie, thank you for accepting me."

 

Yoona stopped in front of the elevator, when she was an inch away from pushing the panel that's going down. She remembered about Siwon who was in fourth floor, she didn't want to make him more upset after their little fight back in hospital's canteen, but she wanted to make sure if he's not having another bad dream. Her inner good side won her heart, she pushed the 'up' panel and went straight to the fourth floor.

 

When she entered room number 405, the lights were already out and Siwon was already asleep, although he was pretending to be sleeping since he knew only Yoona would visit him in such late hour. Yoona smiled weakly as she looked him sleeping soundly with no bad dreams or his murmur of pain. She fixed her messy bangs and caressed his cheek. Siwon felt a little bit ticklish, but he was still kept his fake beauty sleep.

 

Instinctly, she laid a chaste kiss on his forehead, like Sooyoung did years ago on their first day of torture.

 

"You're a good brother, Siwon. Goodnight." Yoona walked out slowly, her high heels clicked the ground but she did her best not to wake Siwon up.

 

That night. There was something, something grew inside Yoona's heart, something there that wasn't there before. 

 

And Siwon, was left dumbfounded while continue wondering, what was that kiss all about.

 

Author's Note : 

 

Jjang! How's that for the last part of Siwon's side story? I hope fellow readers like it! I'm sorry if I haven't updated, it's just this part is the longest part since I want to wrap Choi Family's past right now so I hope you enjoy. This chapter is worth two chapters actually considering it's very long O_O haha.

 

But I really enjoy writing the latest three chapters because I planned it from the very start I wrote this story, so no more wondering of Siwon's pasts in the foreword since I have revealed the two incidents that I mentioned(his parents' death and Sooyoung's blindness/Seung Won's death) now the challenge begins here! Now I'll start from square one again :D but I'll do my best not to disappoint you all! I must say the title of this story fits really well and I really love it (how about you guys? Comments are available under the story!) 

 

I hope the presence of Donghae at least would make all Fishy shippers out there who reads happy, since I couldn't yet fulfill your wish upon another YulHae moments, especially my SuperSoshi19 noona :D

 

I want to thank my readers for subscribing this story until it reached 49 subscribers, my target is that when this chapter is published, it'll turn into 50 :) thanks for all support you gave me until I can finally write this far. 

 

That's it for this chapter's Author's Note! Annyeong! See you soon!

 

Translation : 

Shikshin : Big Eater