Distant Brother And Misconception

Doppelgänger

Donghae entered the room quietly, without a word, bringing another food for Yuri and Chung-Hee, the same routine he has been doing since Yuri asked his true name. However, Yuri could see how depressed Donghae's face was, her intention of hitting him again today perished when she saw his dark, murky face. He put their food in front of them while they're chitchatting how they should escape from this facility of Donghae. He heard about it, but pretending to ignore them, there was a bigger affair for Donghae, simple, but it meant everything for him.

 

"Why do you guys giving me that look? Aren't you guys suppose to give me another punch like you did yesterday? I really need one of those now." Donghae taunted in sorrow, Chung-Hee's ear tingled when he said he's willing to take his punches, he rushed to Donghae and jabbed his cheek with sheer force. Donghae was sent flying and hit the wall, Chung-Hee's hit managed to made Donghae's lips bleed. Yuri, who was suppose to cherish what she has seen, her bodyguard knocked out her enemy, there supposed to be nothing better than that view, but she didn't enjoy what she saw.

 

"As you wish, then. That's what you get for kidnapping my Lady and touching her with your dirty hands." Chung-Hee explained the reason of his anger, Donghae spitted the blood on his tounge to the ground, he stood back, Yuri thought he would start another fight in this room, but he did differently.

 

"Is that so? Well, you got your punch so it's even, right? Tell me if my math is wrong. Now I'm going to sit there alone so don't bother me, mind your own bussiness." he pointed at the corner and sat still there like he said, Chung-Hee's anger increased, he felt like his hit wasn't powerful enough to bring him down.

 

"Why you little....not so tough without your bodyguards aren't you? I'll show you the meaning of pain..take--" before Chung-Hee could make his move, Yuri halted him. She symphatized the fragile man who was sitting in the corner rather than her own worker. She didn't know what's a proper reason for this, but he did something good to them and received punch once again, Yuri didn't want to repeat her mistake, so she tried to communicate with him, before making wrong judges.

 

"Chung-Hee, stop it, he didn't do anything wrong to us and you hit him with no reason, not as his enemy, but as a normal person, I think you were exaggerating things." Yuri explained, Chung-Hee couldn't help but to open his mouth over what his master said. If Donghae heard properly what she has said, he would jump in joy, sadly, she only gives her sympathy at times like this.

 

"But Young Lady Yuri, this man kidnapped--"  Yuri put her index finger in front of Chung-Hee when he's about to explain his reasons. 

 

"Not another word, Chung-Hee. My point is, I don't like what you did, and let me handle things from now on, I know he won't mean another harm to me, you knew that, didn't you?" Yuri's worker left unspoken, he has to agree because he saw it too, Donghae was in his unusual state. He sighed and sat at his bed. He was defeated by the both of them. Yuri approached Donghae with confidence, she wanted to help, for whatever that means.

 

"Care to tell me what happened....Donghae?" for the first time, Yuri called his real name kindly, all her anger, hatred, resentment to Donghae went away once Donghae showed his weak, defenseless side. Donghae looked at her with disappointed look, he sighed heavily.

 

"Leave, you wouldn't understand, troublesome woman." he rudely responded, Yuri would like to leave their conversation there, but at least she has to know what he's up to, no matter how rough he can be.

 

"I would if you just tell me. Come on, where's your proud voice went? This isn't you at all. I'll be even more troublesome if you're not willing to tell me." Yuri asked forcibly like a kid. Donghae rolled his eyes, his matter wasn't finished yet, came another one that's even more disturbing and even more unimportant. Then he recalled what has bothered him in his mind. 


 

This event took place since Donghae told Yuri his name, he has received recognition from the person adored, now he wished to get one from the person who he looked up to. Donghae happily texted his brother, Siwon who was in Seoul, he expected his praise or recognition after he successfuly succeded kidnapping Yuri and retrieved the precious cargo, the black suitcase of the late Mr. Kwon.

 

"Hyung, you know what? I kidnapped the target easily and all my plans worked smoothly, I'll be back to Seoul in no time. Report to our boss to wait for a while since I'm still cracking the code, I wish you're here because I'd love to see you, let's see each other soon, Hyung." 

 

The excited Donghae waited, waited and waited...and no response from his Hyung came to vibrate his phone. He faked a smile and told himself, maybe he's busy or left his phone, he used his phone rarely though. Donghae imagined many things, maybe his achievement wasn't worthy enough for Siwon. He waited all night long and still, no reply from his Hyung. 

 

The next day, a message icon showed up in his phone. Donghae clicked his inbox and it was a different person he expected to text him back, it was Jessica, who told him that she was missing him and couldn't sleep one night  peacefully without his presence, sort of fangirls stuffs to their beloved ones. Donghae was pissed off and didn't text her back, she ruined his hope perfectly. He knew though, Jessica will come crying at him for not texting her back if he arrived in Seoul later.

 

Donghae prepared the food for Yuri and Chung-Hee while looking at his phone repeatedly, the phone was suppose to vibrate by itself if a message came, but Donghae couldn't get his mind off his Hyung's reply. Until, in front of the room of Yuri, his phone vibrated, and there it was, Siwon's reply. He smiled widely, excitedly open his message and....that smile has gone from his face, thanks to Siwon's text message.

 

"Reported, keep up your good work."

 

There were no praises or recognitions like Donghae wished for, only a short sentence that means he heas to work harder. Donghae expected words that will lift him up to the sky, like "As expected from my Dongsaeng" or "I'm so proud of my Dongsaeng" and that's it, those words remained in his dreams forever. He rethought what he has done, maybe it wasn't big thing for him to kidnap someone, maybe he should do better like kidnapping the President of Indonesia or the King of India, it is not guaranteed even if he does that, though. With no spirit left, Donghae entered the room with sadness and resentment.


 

Yuri browsed, learned about Donghae's sadness after she heard his story, she felt nostalgic all over the sudden, Donghae resembled Yoona so much, for him, their beloved ones' acknowledgements are everything, they meant the world for him and her. Yoona used to do everything to get her parents' attention, no matter what happens, she rather got scolded than being ignored by them, they were busy with their work, lecturing Ji Yong or praising Yuri's achievements. That's why she told to Yuri that she felt like a nobody, unwanted, a cast-off, a disgrace to Kwon family. Until they separated for the last time, Yoona still felt that way about herself. Back then, Yuri underestimated that feeling of hers and kept saying "It's nothing like that" or " Cheer up" lightly, now that someone expressed how painful it is, she finally knew it wasn't easy to overcome it.

 

"So...you did all this for your Hyung? This kidnapping thing, the whole operation, it was for him?" Yuri said with her voice that's running out, she couldn't express her sadness, her father's murder, abduction of herself, it was all for a man, a man who is completely respected by someone who admitted to be his brother. He even killed someone for him, if Yuri didn't know Yoona any better, his actions has gone to far, but who's the one she should really blame? She couldn't tell.

 

"I waited for days, months, and years to get his approval as an older brother, one more thing, he's not really my brother, but I assumed him as one. I don't know if I ever gonna open his heart to me, I see him, but he never sees me. I became a criminal for him, I did everything for him, I want to repay him for saving my life when I was a child, I promise to him that I will be useful for him.  After all this occured, I came with one conclusion : Maybe everything I've done up until now, maybe it was all for nothing." Donghae explained in sorrow, Yuri felt pity of Donghae and her tears ran down through her cheek.

 

"But then again, I noticed something that's hard for me to accept, but it's a thing I can't deny. You said I did this for him, maybe I think he did it for me. I was waiting for something, we all wait, and he found out what I've been waiting for years, I suppose."  Donghae wiped water that has been bothering his vision, he was feeling sentimental all over the sudden. He stood up and turned his back on Yuri so she couldn't see his crying eyes.

 

"What are you waiting for, Donghae? Malhaebwa*" Yuri sniffed while asking, she wanted to see his face and comfort him. 

 

"I'm waiting for love...I wait..for you, Yuri. It's something that I may not obtain from Siwon, but from you. I know you hated me from the start for kidnapping you, but I can't help this feeling, I don't expect you to forgive me, but...can we start over our relation? I'll free you from here, I'll stop doing bad things, I'll stop living under Siwon's feet, if it is for you, I'm willing to lose those things."  Donghae confessed, he didn't feel embarrased, he wanted to leak out the painful truth he has been hiding. Meanwhile, Yuri couldn't believe her ears, she was shocked by her kidnapper's confession. He was so direct and showed no signs of hesitation. Yuri had lovers in her past life, but unlike this one, unlike this brave, kindhearted criminal. Yuri reached for Donghae and hugged him. Chung-Hee wanted to stop her for doing so, but he didn't have the heart to distract them. 

 

"Why me out of all those people? I'm nothing special, what have I done for you? Donghae, Mianhe, for the rude words I've said to you, I don't even know your background and yet, I mocked for what you've done. Why can't you tell me sooner regarding this matter? I feel bad for saying those things to you. Jeongmal mianhe, Donghae. Please, I know, deep down, you're a good person, don't do this, anything like this anymore. We suffered the same fate, we can still run away from the pain, we can still hide ourselves. Are you willing to do that, for me?"  Yuri pleaded, she cried her heart out for someone who only knew for a few days. It was unbelievable, indescribable, and nearly impossible, but it happened just like that.

 

"Save your apologies, Yuri. I was the one who has to be responsible for kidnapping you, you may not believe it, but all of this was an order from my leader. If that's what you wish, then let's run together, I'll help you pass everything. I promise I'll do anything to regain your trust as a person, believe me." 

 

"Thank you, I know I could believe in you." Yuri said in final. Both of them shared each others' hug, on the other hand, they have forgotten about Chung-Hee, he was smiling he has the opportunity to see how happy Yuri was, he still couldn't accept the fact that Donghae stole his master's heart, but he let that slide, as long as Yuri is happy, there's no greater honor, even if it means that he has been forgotten. Yuri and Donghae, a new relationship between them blossomed unexpectedly.

 

It's not wise to judge others by your preconceptions and their appeareances, that words explained the situation of how Yuri looked at Donghae at first, but everything is different now, everything has changed, there's more to them than meets the eye.  

 

Author's Note : 

 

Finally! The moment we've I've been waiting for! Yulhae perfect moment, to tell you, readers, the truth I was a little bit afraid when I'm about to write this vital chapter because I was feeling bad writing Chapter 6  : Introduction And A Suspicious Entity. I felt no passion while writing that chapter during the funeral part, but I must say, I'm impressed of myself that I'm able to pull out a chapter that satisfies me. For me, there is nothing much better  when two become one in a romance story, thank goodness, all my activities of watching dramas and movies about love showed the results. Sorry if I've been praising myself, for me, I love this chapter so much so I can't help it hehe. Many people asked when will Siwon shows up, for you Siwon lovers, rest assured, he will come up in the 8th Chapter. Thanks for subscribing/commenting my story, keep them coming so I'll write better. Kamshahamida :)

 

Translations :  

 

Malhaebwa : Tell me