Chain Of Lies And Fake Friendship

Doppelgänger

Siwon and Yoona stared at each other for a while. Yoona's look was more to memorize who Siwon is, for her, she had a feeling that she has encountered someone with a figure like him, but she couldn't remember. As for Siwon, he was sweating in fear, afraid that Yoona might tell who he really is to Seohyun, this meeting was one of the last thought he had in mind, no preparation was made for this occasion. They stood in silence, one wanted to ask questions but she has no courage to ask total stranger, one wanted to avoid it for his own safety. Seohyun, who felt a suspense tension between them decided to step in and striked a conversation with Yoona.

 

"Yuri," Seohyun called. That name heated up Siwon's ears, that name should be honored in a tombstone by tomorrow, this day out of everyday, Siwon has to give up on his plan bringing her to her grave. For the first time ever, Siwon lost before the fight even begins. "Good to see you here in this chilly night, I could freeze to death here. Honestly speaking, I can't tell which house is yours, all the houses' structure are very similar and I couldn't tell the color of your house since I went here at night back then. Thanks to your friend here, or else I could end up into strangers' houses." Seohyun joked while thanking the outlaw she wanted to put in jail indirectly. Siwon was on the ropes, one wrong talk and Yoona could tell who he is, and that's it for Choi Siwon, the leader of Ruby Division.

 

"Oh, a...friend of mine?" Yoona asked dumbfoundely, breaking her concentration over Siwon and started to focus on Seohyun's words. She was about to catch the memory that she dreaded, the memory she wanted to erase from her brain. Then again, Yoona thought of Siwon differently, she thought he was a real friend of Yuri, her late sister. Yoona was now sweating in fear too, thinking that Siwon is an old friend of Yuri's, he could tell that Yoona is not the same person he knew. Now both of them were worried of each other. 

 

"Why, you seem so unsure, Yuri. That makes the two of you, actually. You sure you have met before?" Seohyun looked at them alternately. However, Siwon noticed Yoona's strange behaviour before Yoona could do a move, he drew a conclusion that Yoona didn't remember anything, so he started to act to keep Yoona's mind out of that night incident, as a true old friend of Yuri.

 

 "My, have you forgotten me, Kwon Yuri? I was your classmate when we're elementary kids, I guess that my apartness to everyone seemed to have paid of, no one remembered me during their youth. Am I just a passing breeze to you too, Kwon Yuri? I wanted to visit my old friend and this is what I get? What a drag." Siwon said with a fake friendly tone, controlling Yoona's mind purposely. Yoona panicked for the sudden change of taller man's attitude. Now, she really believed that Siwon was Yuri's friend all along, they never made contact with each other, but Siwon being a friend of Yuri in elementary school was a fact. Yoona countered as best as she can, to avoid the worst possible.

 

"I'm sorry for my rudeness, but elementary school is a long time period for me. Mind telling me your name again, my friend?" Yoona said, trying to impersonate Yuri's speech but her true sincere self was still there, if Siwon was a real friend to Yuri, he should've been able to tell that Yoona was a fake, unfortunately their relation wasn't more than mere classmates. Siwon fell for Yoona's lie since this wasn't the worst case he imagined and went along with her deceit.

 

"Don't make me remind you again, it's a pathetic enough that you forgot my name that easily. That's Choi Siwon for you, forgetful woman." Siwon introduced himself in an arrogant way, he didn't seem friendly from Seohyun's point of view, but she couldn't just tell by one meeting. It's against her policy to judge her friend's friend too soon, knowing that she didn't know anythinf regarding Yoona's background that well. 

 

"Um..I hate to break the introduction and stuff but..can we talk inside your house, Yuri? In the middle of this windy October, I'd rather not stand here at night, like I said, I was freezing to death out here, I know it wouldn't be polite for me to ask this but...the three of us could catch a cold if we stay here any longer." Seohyun suggested, Yoona has forgotten what Seohyun said in the first place and finally remembered, she ought to keep her questions to Siwon once they're in Kwon Mansion. Siwon started to worry again due to Seohyun's suggestion, there's a chance that his archenemy would be there waiting for him with open arms. 

 

"Sure! Mianhe, for keeping you out here Seohyun, and that goes for you too, Siwon. Let's get inside." Yoona walked towards her home slowly to guide two of her new companions, Siwon got no choice but to follow after her or else she and Seohyun would be suspicious of him. While getting into the house, Siwon sighted Kwon Mansion's two security guards, one of them is bald and Siwon looked at his shiny head bandaged in one part, that injury was made by his minion to executed his plan back then. He lay low behind Seohyun or Yoona, so that he didn't attract their attention. Luckily, Siwon managed to pass them without any hitch. Siwon's fear didn't stop there, he gulped once he reached the entrance of Kwon Mansion's main hall. 

 

"Kwon Yuri...is your Oppa home?" Siwon questioned Ji Yong's presence to Yoona to make sure, that abrupt question created another thought in Yoona's mind, what if he was a good friend of Kwon Ji Yong and asked him why Yoona wasn't acting like Yuri was? Yoona brainstormed of another lies that will maintain her identity a secret forever, thankfully, goddess of lies was with Yoona at that time.

 

"He's away at the moment, you will not be able to see him at this hour. I know you're dying to see him for a long time, maybe next time I could arrange a meeting between you guys." Siwon sighed in relieve the moment Yoona said he was away, he didn't bother to hear anything else rather than that words, so he chose not to listen to Yoona's further speech. It could cause another ruckus, if he did hear that strange words in Yoona's last sentences.

 

They put off their shoes in front and entered, Seohyun awed on the luxurious and enormous of what's in store of Kwon Mansion. The long dining table with eight chairs was neatly compiled with a big halogen lamp hanging on the ceiling in the middle of that table, there was a brown cushion sofa and a piano that Yuri used to play when she's around. Antique plates, bowls and shiny goods were placed in order inside cabinets.

 

Photos of Kwon family lined up on a small table beside the dining one, Siwon was more interested by those pictures, he examined every family members that he recognized, Mr. Kwon, Mrs. Kwon, Kwon Ji Yong who his face he couldn't forget, Siwon looked at his injured arm that has been stitched by himself, thoughts of vengeance came up to Siwon, he'll sure Kwon Ji Yong would take double what he gave to him. He forgot about Ji Yong for an instance and continued to view at the photos again, the young girl in black long hair sure is Yuri, but who is the girl she's smiling with? They looked so close and their faces are really similar to each other, Siwon wondered.

 

"Kwon Yuri, who is this girl you're taking picture with?"  Siwon striked another question which made Yoona must lie again.  This time, Yoona must lie carefully so her tounge didn't slip out any truth.

 

"Ah, that's...my cousin! We sure look alike, don't we? Anyway, are you done looking at my family pictures or are you going to check those one by one until you go home? Sit here." Yoona satirized while patted the cushion sofa she's sitting at. She figured out the similarity between her and her sister caught Siwon's attention, she tried to diverse him from those pictures that could let him inspect her identity. Her heart was both relieved and ached, she was relieved that Siwon believed in another lie she put, and also, she was hurt in her heart, it's a normal reaction that someone besides her family would ask who Yoona is and what does she do, but this time, Yoona was saddened that even Yuri's friend didn't recognize who she is.

 

"So...Seohyun, you wanted to meet up with me for something, what's up?" Yoona tried to be casual towards Seohyun, imitating Yuri in front of Siwon. Seohyun was getting awkward confronting all-new-Yoona, last time, she was so shy and quiet, now she turned out to be so friendly as if she knew Seohyun since they were friends for a long time, she couldn't argue with the change, though.

 

"Yes, I'm here to inform you what I've got from...this." Seohyun showed the chemistry bottle that contained red liquid in it, Siwon and Yoona gave a thought what is it for a second, then Yoona remembered that it was an evidence which was accidentally dropped by culprits who broke into Kwon Mansion. "Remember this Yuri? It's the 'blood'." Seohyun reminded.

 

"Of course I do know what that is. What did you get from that, Seohyun? I hope that thing that we found helps you in your investigation for searching the one we are looking for." Siwon's ears tingled, he asked himself, who are they looking for with that blood? For normal people, starting a search of someone with a blood was a peculiar method, in an instance, Siwon remembered that Seohyun is a police officer, is that the one they're talking about was him? 

 

"It did help, a lot. Although we haven't got a positive result who this belongs to, our researchers are doing their best to find someone that's matched with this blood. We started off by suspects that have left our jail and inside the bars, later, we are going to hospitals all over Seoul to investigate even further in this case. Don't worry, your fear should wear off, that person will go to prison sooner or later. For now, the only thing I can tell is the blood type, it's positive B." Seohyun explained, the moment Siwon heard blood type B was the moment he wanted to steal that proof from Seohyun's hand. He's sure now, that Siwon was the one they were discussing just then.

 

"Wow, that's a good thing to hear. I didn't expect you will work on that so quickly, Gomawoyo, Seohyun. You have done better than I expected you'd be. I will wait to hear another good news from you, then again, now that I have another person to count on, I'll be getting more and more spoiled by you guys." Yoona thanked, Seohyun put a smile on her face, knowing how grateful her new friend was over her hardwork.

 

"It's my pleasure and my duty also, one more thing, I've been patrolling around this neighborhood and I didn't find anyone suspicious, those guys must've sensed the presence of us, police officers. Be careful with your surroundings, Yuri, those guys out there are cleverer than we thought. Never go outside on your own, you're their main and only target so stay alert. Just do what I told you before when you sense danger." Siwon scoffed on his own upon Seohyun's unsolicited compliment and her warning to Yoona. For Siwon, quality is above quantity, no matter how many people is protecting Yoona, as long as his plan worked, won't do any good for him. He can envision him killing Yoona along with Seohyun, his targets' number are increasing from two to three, Seohyun should be get rid of for good as well.

 

"Now, I should take my leave. Sorry for bothering you...and Siwon, I realize I've been ignoring you since we met, things have been hectic between me and Yoona but I do hope you'd understand what we're facing, I'm willing to explain the details other day, okay. Next time, let's chat as friendly as ever, okay? Now that I know you're a friend of Yuri so I know the right person to ask if I'm lost again." Seohyun said while gathering her stuff into her backpack.

 

"That's fine with me, I know EXACTLY how you two feel." Siwon replied with emphasizing the word "exactly", he's the one who's responsible and he's the one who's experienced with this, no one better can describe the feeling the two girls other than him. He fakely smiled at Seohyun an Yoona, pretending to understand his victims' fear. Seohyun bowed at the host and her guest and walked slowly to where she entered the house. Yoona and Siwon escorted her until the entrance, Yoona and Siwon waved goodbye at Seohyun while wondering, when will they meet again? There are different purposes they want to carry out as soon as they see her again.

 

"Well, I should excuse myself too, Kwon Yuri. Thank you for the hospitality, good to see an old friend doing great. I'll be seeing you now and on, remember my name well as if it'll be the last name you'll hear in this world. I'm sorry for what happened to you and I'm hope that culprit that you're searching will show up in a few days." Siwon said. He wished no more than making his words come true, the name of Choi Siwon being called desperately by Yoona on the day he kill her.

 

"I'll be seeing you too, thank you for visiting me. Let's forget about past and start a new chapter of our friendship now and then, shall we, Choi Siwon?" Yoona offered a handshake, Siwon smirked and shook her skinny hand firmly. "Okay then, see you around, Yuri." Siwon finally said her short name to create sympathy in Yoona. He put a salute pose to Yoona, and stormed off the house. He strolled in the dark and stopped when he's far enough from Kwon Mansion, he turned around and sighted the big building that belonged to the Kwons. 

 

"Heh, a friendship, she said. What a laugh you are, Kwon Yuri. You're so silly to fall into my trap. I'll be glad to to be your friend as long I reach my goal. I don't have any friend, that word doesn't even exist in my dictionary. It's been a long time since meeting such an event, not that I'm going to fall in the same hole again. What friend? A description of waste of time and energy. Prepare to meet your doom, Kwon Yuri, 'cause you're mine,  soon." Siwon cursed Yoona, should be underlined that Siwon was silly too, to believe that Yoona is a Kwon Yuri is one of the biggest mistake he made in his whole life.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona went inside Kwon Mansion and she sighted a black small leather wallet on her family's couch, Seohyun or Siwon must've dropped it, she thought. She checked inside to see who this item belongs to and she found a photo, a photo of brown haired pretty girl. "Wow, who is she, she looks so pretty..." Yoona commented, she looked at the beauty that mesmerized her again, a picture of someone important to her new friend.