Similarities And Message To Kwon Ji Yong

Doppelgänger

In Jeju Province, Yuri and Donghae broke the password of Mr. Kwon old laptop that they believe to keep the hint of the third suitcase, but, breaking the password was only an 'entrance' to unfold deeper secret within that machine, they have discover the application inside Mr. Kwon's laptop that might hold the key of the third suitcase, then again, another password stopped their tracks to investigate further. Nevertheless, it's been three days and they've done everything they can but still haven't reach success, meanwhile they didn't realize that danger is getting closer to them.

 

"Yuri, ready to try on again?" Donghae asked in the morning, after he finished up cleaning himself from the bed mites. Yuri nodded in response, they headed to the Mr. Kwon's late office, lately, that room was the only room they visited frequently besides their own respective rooms, they never miss to try on a day beside to search for some other hint or do some normal activities.

 

"Okay...put it back on." Donghae the laptop and let Yuri sat at the zebra chair while he himself was standing, beside Yuri, putting his hand on Yuri's shoulder. Then a Microsoft icon came out and asked the password like before, Yuri entered her Oppa's birthday like she did last time,

 

"Here we go." Yuri clicked an application with a name of "KWON COMPANY", it was seemed obvious if Donghae's organization search that it's related to the secret they're trying to leak, but it was protected by a password like the entrance of gaining access of the computer. Once Donghae opened the application, a  box with a text said : 

 

"KWON COMPANY" is a protected file. Please enter a Document Open Password.

 

Both Yuri and Donghae gulped their saliva, they clicked on the 'hint' button to search for some useful words or numbers that might help them, they did it before, but they couldn't figure out what it means.

 

N182-90KU-C7WL-22ON-0395

 

"So, Yuri, got anything in mind?" Donghae asked casually, he has no idea what this code and he can only depend on Yuri just like last time. However, Yuri shook her head in confusion, she has tried what she has in mind, even the most faraway possibilities, luckily, there were no limits on the trials this time, so she coudl try as many times she wants.

 

"Donghae, based on my experience, this some sort of code sometimes have patterns we have to follow and we use on this code, we must have the base of the code and input on the password box." Yuri explained, Donghae sighed in disappointment, he expected more to come from Yuri but this kind of problem was something that Yuri never encountered before, so he couldn't ask much for her, at times like this, Donghae wanted nothing more but to give Sungmin a call,.

 

"I know that too but...I couldn't think of something useful either, that's why I count on you in this thing." Donghae said, from Yuri's point of view, Donghae sounded like he was blaming Yuri for not knowing the password he was looking for.

 

"It's not like it's my fault for not getting through. this, right? Or is it?" Yuri satirized in an annoyed tone, Donghae backed down to hear those words from Yuri and lowered his head guiltily.

 

"....I'm sorry I couldn't be any help, Donghae." Yuri added with a sad tone, that sentence of apology taken Donghae aback, she lowered her head in disgrace, she felt down and moody because she couldn't be useful, again. Lately, Yuri's feeling was really sensitive and easily hurt, Donghae had no choice but to chose words wisely so he wouldn't injure her, and it was obvious Donghae's last sentece was making Yuri feel bad again, he smiled weakly and apologized to her.

 

"Mianhe, Yuri. I didn't mean to blame you like that...Jeongmal Mianhe. I was just frustrated and thinking we have to get this done as soon as possible, knowing that there are chasers behind us, but I was wrong, we can't solve this in a hurry. I'm sorry for my rush Yuri...and for forcing you to do all this." Donghae said while patting Yuri's back, giving her strength back. Yuri smiled weakly back to Donghae.

 

"Argh, let's cut the blaming game shall we? You haven't eaten breakfast right, Yul? What should I make for you this time? How about Bindaeddeok* like last time?" Donghae suggested to cheer Yuri up, it's the best method Donghae can think of since she always praise his cooking skill, a peculiar skill he acquired by living alone.

 

"Bindaeddeok? I'd love to eat that. Please make that one for me Donghae--Oh sorry, my bad." Yuri closed for saying such rude things that make Donghae looked like her servant. Donghae just chuckled a little upon her awkwardness and sudden attitudinal change. 

 

"Arraso, it'll be done in thirty minutes, wilful princess~" Donghae teased playfully while pinching Yuri's cheek.

 

"Yah! Who's wilful?! Why's that?!" Yuri pounded Donghae's shoulder, wondered how she got that nickname from him.

 

"Who else? Of course it's you Yul, there's no one here other than you. I said that because you're wilful after all, typing passwords for nine times and not giving up after eight failures? That's one good proof to say that you're wilful, your face is princess-like too after all." Donghae mocked but praised at the same time, Yuri blushed to hear upon Donghae's sentence that she's princess-like and she pounded him lightly for the second time, Donghae smiled afterwards and walked slowly to the kitchen, preparing the ingredients, however Donghae checked the whole fridge and there were no enough food to make the course Yuri wanted,

 

"Uh oh, we're run out of food stocks, I should go out and buy some ingredients." Donghae said while looking for the leftovers that they can eat, but Donghae wanted to cheer Yuri badly, after what he said to her, there's nothing more that Donghae wish for but to make the Bindaeddeok Yuri wished to eat. 

 

"I guess it can't be helped, I'll go out and buy some food." Donghae returned to the Mr. Kwon's office while mumbling. He opened the door slowly,  he sighted at Yuri who was still trying to break the code with in frustration, she messed her hair in confusion of what to do with the code, she wanted to give up badly, but thinking of Mr. Kwon, Chung-Hee and Donghae, she refused to just give in like that.

 

Trial after trial, she finally hit the keyboard of the laptop hardly and buried her face on it, Donghae could hear her sobbings and mumblings, what she said was unclear but Donghae was all ears that he could hear all her outlet of frustration. 

 

"Appa...why do gave me such a hard task? You know I'm not smart like Ji Yong..why me?" Yuri wailed with a sound of crying. Donghae's intention to greet her and tell her that he's going out subdued, Donghae thought that cheering Yuri was not the best option he ever had, it will only hurt her and urge her to try the impossible, it'll only worsen her feeling, after what he said. He could save her from being hurt is by solving the password, and get out of that place as soon as possible to avoid any harm to come near her.

 

Donghae exited the dormitory and walked to the nearest supermarket, while he picked up things, his mind was still preoccupied with the code, he did note the code on a small piece of paper, the numbers and letters that drove Yuri crazy.

 

"Tch, Mr. Kwon sure is someone with experience, he knows how to deal with guys inside the organization, even an elite crypthographer should have patterns on this kind of case, I have an advantage by having Yuri beside me but.." Donghae hesitated to use Yuri again, he wished to separate Yuri from that code and do things by himself, thinking that Yuri must be exhausted by this rundown from her extraordinary life, she has seen to much about world's crime and deaths of her beloved ones.

 

While taking ingredients of food that he needed, he walked towards the cashier with his mind completely filled with the code, he didn't bother to hear the price of the things he bought and just took out his credit card for instance because he was so bust thinking, he was unaware that releasing that credit card was the pathway of his doom. 

 

"Argh, why is it so hard to solve? I really wish I have Sungmin here to break through the computer's security. There's no other choice but to ask Yuri more of Mr. Kwon, things may change if I serve this." he looked at the plastic bag that contained the food for breakfast proudly, hoping it will bring up Yuri's mood as well. 

 

When Donghae arrived at the Jeju Kwon Mansion, he didn't bother to visit Yuri and went straight to the kitchen to make the best Bindaeddeok he could made with the fastest speed. He carefully unify the ingredients from mung beans, onions, beef and salt to become a whole food. After twenty minutes passed, he brought the food to Mr. Kwon's office, surprisingly, he found Yuri was soundly asleep on the desk with the laptop still on, Donghae was amazed to see Yuri's angelic face, even when she was asleep,

 

Donghae put the Bindaeddeok at the table beside her and rubbed Yuri's back, like cheering her up. "Poor girl, she's been away from her home for so long, she must've been tired from all of this, this new world must put her on a shock. She never asked for it, but she get involved because of her father..."

 

"Appa......Appa...I miss you.." Yuri mumbled in her sleep, Donghae heard that she was calling her father in despair, Donghae stopped her rubbing and thinking that she must've missing her father badly, knowing that he died in a dreadful scene, according to what he heard. Hatred to Siwon somehow grew inside Donghae's heart, because he was responsible for Mr. Kwon's loss and made Yuri ended up this way.

 

"Yoona...Yoona...Yoona...Unnie...will come back soon.." Donghae was startled to hear that name, taking a minute of processing who might own that name, just then, Yuri has woken up while Donghae was still thinking that name Yuri mumbled. 

 

"Oh, you're home? I thought you're making Bindaeddeok in the kitchen but when I visit you, you weren't there, where were you, jeongmal?" Yuri asked with a half-asleep tone, she rubbed her eyes which were still blurry and unclear, Donghae was half smiling to see Yuri woke up from her deep slumber, but he still couldn't take his mind off that name, that name somehow seemed to be important to him. Leaving Yuri with her question unanswered, Yuri flicked her fingers in front of Donghae's eyes, considering that his mind went blank again. "Yah, I asked you a question Lee Donghae." 

 

"Mianhe!" Donghae shouted panicly. "I was gathering the ingredients since we're run out of groceries, I wanted to make you the Bindaeddeok you wanted so...I have to go out and went to the supermarket earlier."

 

"It's not like I'm going to die if I don't consume Bindaeddeok only once, you could always make anything you can do. Sorry for troubling you Donghae, I didn't mean to become a lousy nuisance." Yuri apologized sincerely, she felt guilty for making Donghae have to went here and there just to make her satisfied.

 

"Gwenchana, the only things left in the fridge are leftovers we couldn't eat anymore so I use the opportunity to buy other things as well. Besides, I'm not going to ruin your wilful moment with that laptop, it's not a good option right? After all, a princess should be well served." Donghae winked playfully at Yuri while teasing her.

 

"Yah! Lee Donghae!" Yuri hit Donghae's arm lightly. " Why do you keep calling me wilful and princess?! I'm nothing like those! And since when I tell you that you can look?!"

 

 "Either way, the breakfast is ready, princess." Donghae gave the plate where the Bindaeddeoks were served on it. Yuri smiled and brought the plate to the dining room. Donghae stared at Yuri's back who was getting farther, still, he didn't forget about the name "Yoona" that Yuri said in her sleep.


 

"So, Donghae...is there anything you  would like to ask me? You seem to have many questions in mind." Yuri examined Donghae that was playing with his food only and refuse to eat it. He was staring blankly, Yuri found that when Donghae's thinking of something, he would like he's not on earth anymore but more to his own world. To add more proof, he was doing the same thing over again which made Yuri annoyed.

 

"Earth to Donghae, calling from earth to Lee Donghae." Yuri tried to catch his attention which was succedded, Donghae grasped his concious back and started to eat his Bindaeddeok nonchalantly, ignoring Yuri's question, but he realized Yuri did talk about something so he urge to ask. "Yuri, you were saying?"

 

"Aish, you and your empty brain. When will you start to notice me? Alright, I'm only going to ask once and there's no repetition. I asked  if there's something that BOTHERS you, Donghae?" she emphasized the 'bothers' word because to Yuri, Donghae and his weird actions lately bothers her a lot, Donghae caught  the signal of annoyance in Yuri's tone and started to explain what's on his mind, about her family, about Mr. Kwon's further information and most of all, about the name of Yoona.

 

"Okay, to be honest I actually have many questions in mind, Yuri. First of all, in your sleep, you have been delirious about  someone that goes with the name of 'Yoona', who is she anyway to you?" Donghae tried his best not to look very interested but he couldn't lie in front of Yuri, the younger girl raised her eyebrows and wondered what her little sister meant to him, somehow her heart seemed to feel a heat.

 

"Oh I've been delirious? That's embarassing, I thought that old bad habit was long gone." Yuri cracked a joke, hoping that they could laugh together and forget about Yoona for a moment, but Donghae only glared at Yuri, waiting for her real answer, Yuri fell silent for a moment and started to talk again with a sight, she was surprised to see how large Donghae's intention to hear about her.

 

"Okay, you've seen the picture of my family, right? Remember the identical twin little sister I have? Her name is Yoona. She's the only dongsaeng I have and maybe I dreamt about her because I missed her so much, just like how I miss dad, she's a she's one of my life's priority, annyeo, she's half of my life." Donghae gasped to hear hearing Yuri explained the person she missed, he was about to add a question regarding Mr. Kwon, but he refrained because she had already explain how she missed her and how it would hurt her to interrogate more information from him, but he has to, it's his responsibility.

 

"Yul, what does this Yoona, like?" Donghae tried his best to go away from Mr. Kwon's topic and decided to add more of Yoona who caught his attention. 

 

"She's a kind and giving person, she would do anything for the person she loves, even if it means to hurt herself, a kind of woman which rarely exist in this world at the moment. She never told her problems to the others and always keep things to herself, while she always been my place to vent, although sometimes I leak out her problems on my own and give her advices. She and I are like fire and water, we're really different in our personalities, but we never hate each other." Yuri explained thorougly about her connection with her sister to Donghae, the older guy always nod for every end of sentence and many qustions just popped from his head everytime she explained.

 

"Can you describe about that difference?" Donghae asked, now he started to eat his food and listen well.

 

"We have a lot of inequalities, but the largest issue is that my family always boast about me, enshine my performances and always let me have the main stage, putting me on the top notch and become the main priority in the family, while she...she's always being left alone, ignored, and what's worst, sometimes my family pretended that she's not part of the family, like she doesn't exist, my Oppa is an issue too because he has an important role as the successor of Kwon Company, and myself, I'm an actress that you're aware of, but she..." Yuri stopped explaining, she was hurt to tell the differences like she sounded to brag herself,

 

"She's not accepted because nobody expect something happen from her right? She's no one, a nobody, a shadow...of you." Donghae added with a sad tone, Yuri was taken aback to hear those words from Donghae because what he said was completely exact as what she had in mind.

 

"How..do you know?" 

 

"Heh, figures. Because I know how she felt, we may not know each other because we have things in common. For her, there's you. For me, there's Siwon. It may sounded like I'm trying to equalize myself with her, our cases maybe different, but we're the same in a lot of way, especially in the position part." Yuri was saddened upon Donghae's statement, his face looked so deppresed in her eyes, her eyes were blurry because of tears, to think that she might've hurt him accidentally.

 

"Mi--Mianhe...I didn't mean to--" 

 

"Gwenchana, don't pity me, it's just how the world works, when there's a light, there's a shadow.  No matter how hard we try, there's always someone above us, our sky's limit. Can you tell more of her?" Donghae smiled weakly to Yuri, even if he was trying to cheer her u, he was the one who looked like someone who needs encouragement.

 

Yuri swiped the tears off her face and continued. "I wondered how she's doing  while I'm not around, to be honest, me and my Oppa are the only ones who accepted her as she is, the others never expect anything from her like you said, sometimes she has to sacrifice for me when I needed her, and weirdly, she always says yes upon my requests. She always says that me and my Oppa are the most precious treasures she has. I may not seem like doing it, but under my conciousness, maybe I was using her as well...I'm sorry if you felt the same way, Donghae" 

 

Yuri lowered her head, she expected Donghae would be angry towards her for using Yoona, like Siwon used Donghae in the past, like what she did to Donghae right now. In the opposite, Donghae's lips curved, he was happy that Yuri was telling him the truth, even though it hurts him too.

 

"We're not being used, we just do our best to please the person we love." Donghae winked playfully. "Besides, if we do feel that way, we would've stop from the start, but in fact we didn't, because we did this with our heart, with a sincere feeling. Although the results sometimes are different from what we expected, we wouldn't regret it, it's what I called self-satisfaction for helping others." the older guy assured Yuri's sense of guilt and vanish it off with an alluring smile to her, Yuri nodded and smiled in return, she was happy Donghae didn't react like the way she had in mind.

 

"Gomawoyo, Donghae. For supporting me all this time and accompany my journey even if it wasn't your plan, even you're in danger for turning your back on the organization because of me. I wonder why people like you and Yoona got that strength and courage to do things you do for your beloved ones." 

 

"Maybe..recognition from from the person we adore? That's what matters most to us. So don't worry, i don't have that feeling of being used, just do what you want and I will help you with all I can." Donghae put his hands on Yuri's shoulder, crossing the table that divide them. "One more thing, I'm sure that Yoona feel the same way as I do, you can do anything to her, you have the authority as her half. But know this : She wouldn't be complete without you and do treat her well, as well as you wanted to be treated by her."  

 

Yuri nodded in response, she was amazed how Donghae could form such sentiment words. "Gee, you sure is a naggy person. Arraso, I'll do my best not to disappoint her if I return...if I want to return." Yuri replied with a small tone, deep in her heart, she refused to return, return to her life that would bring haungts of her father's death and  Chung Hee's. She had nothing left to go back, Donghae didn't notice this for a while. "So..is there anything else you want to ask, Donghae?"

 

"You have told me about your little sister, what's left is...your Oppa you always brag about. Who is he?" Yuri's expression went brighter like she passed some kind of test. She left her chair and took a photo of his brother which was displayed in order on the desk, he was still very young and his hair was still black and neat, unlike now, which is painted blonde and  messy. The picture was dusty and looked old, but the picture was still clear.

 

"This..this is Kwon Ji Yong Oppa. Handsome, isn't he?" Yuri pointed at his face part proudly.

 

"Uuuh...yeah? I guess." Donghae answered awkwardly, he didn't know what to say since Yuri seemed so happy to present her brother to him.

 

"Yeah, so Ji Yong Oppa is my older brother as you know. He's the rightful heir of Kwon Company, and he was promised to fill the shortage if Mr. Kwon left, I guess he would be doing it by now, although being a chairman and to lead something wasn't his type. Anyway, Ji Yong Oppa is my and Yoona's hero, he's always there for us when we needed him and he said himself that he's willing to give his own life to us, don't know if it's true though, but he stated that himself. Sadly, unlike Yoona who wasn't being expected for anything, Ji Yong always has been asked for everything, because of his position as the eldest child of Kwon Family and being the only son."

 

"Wow, sounds like he has  a lot of heavy burdens for just being someone in a community."  Donghae retaliated upon Yuri's explanation's over Kwon Ji Yong, the man she adored most.

 

"He has, and the Kwons always sees him like his life clinged on the company, being the only hope is not a pleasant choice indeed, you couldn't choose and watch your life being controlled by someone. To be honest, I don't know what he's up to right now, he never refuse to take over the company nor showing any sign that he's interested, I'm more worried about him than worried about the company" Yuri sighed, imagining how pressured . 

 

"Why's that? Don't you trust him for taking on that job?" Donghae questioned.

 

"I do..but you see, Appa has always been hard on him, trained him into becoming a powerful asset for Kwon Company, and he's always been pressured by that. One thing I dilsliked most when Appa was with him, when he compared me with him, urgh, thinking just of it makes me sick already." Yuri formed an obnoxious expression, she knew if he was alive and back to home now he would repeat things like that over and over again in front of her. 

 

"Hahaha, I thought you're always daddy's little good girl, I guess I'm wrong, huh?" Donghae quipped.

 

"Yah! I'm always good to my father but that doesn't mean I'll agree with all the things he said, he's important but Ji Yong Oppa is important as well, I really miss them both.." Yuri didn't notice it but a sound of crying slipped through her words.

 

 "I'm really sorry for what happened to your father...for what the organization has did to him." Donghae apologized in the name of the organization, he couldn't hide how hurt he was to make Yuri thought about Mr. Kwon again, knowing it's a dreadful memory how she lost him in front of her eyes and in her embrace, filled with blood and scars. "I'm--"

 

"Don't apologize, Donghae.' Yuri cut his sentence. "You did what you was ordered and it's not like you're the one who was assigned to do it so save your apology, it would only hurt me even more." she sighed and put the picture of Ji Yong on the table, she lost all her will to do anything, she slapped her head lightly, she supposed she has said something she shouldn't said again to the person who concerned about her.

 

Now the two both fell in silence, drowned within the sense of guilt, one would want to say few words not to worry about herself,  but Yuri couldn't form the right sentence to fix Donghae's mixed feelings, while Donghae wanted nothing more but to say that Yuri should blame him, in his point of view, Yuri has the right to do so, because the organization has stolen two persons' lives, the ones she loved most and he was part of it. Donghae played with the picture of Kwon Ji Yong and suddenly, he found something interesting in that picture.

 

"Yuri, what is this?" Donghae pointed at picture's back which was signed with a black marker that says "Kwon 180798". 

 

"Ah that...mollah, I never checked the picture's back before. But wait..." Yuri put a thinking pose, remembered what those numbers would means, in few seconds, a light bulb in her concious. "I suppose that's Ji Yong's birthday's numbers" Yuri took the picture of Ji Yong again to make sure. " Yeah it is, eighteen of August nineteen ninety-eight, it's correct, because I typed it everytime these days." 

 

Suddenly, Donghae recalled something about Mr.Kwon's laptop, and asked Yuri to assure himself. "Yul, if I'm not wrong, you once told me that the password was meant to be solved by Ji Yong, the man in this picture, yes?"

 

"Yeah...I think so. Why do you ask?"  Yuri wondered of Donghae's attitude revulsion, did he get something? She asked herself.

 

"...Don't you think this time, it's something that your Oppa should aware too? That's why Mr. Kwon put these numbers behind this picture which is not too attractive and simple." 

 

"Which means?" Yuri couldn't understand what Donghae meant, but her curiousity kept her to ask him frequently.

 

"I don't know to be exact but those numbers..that odd numbers in the password hint, do you remember? Here." Donghae pulled out a messy paper which was filled with pen , former scribbles of Donghae's tries upon solving the code. "This is the code, you said yourself that this should have patterns, this numbers might be the key." Donghae explained, but Yuri couldn't understand his complicated explanations and decided just to nod in every words he said.

 

"But Donghae, don't you remember that we already tried to input Ji Yong's birthday the same way we put in on the entrance? Don't tell me you're trying to go with that again"Yuri remimded worrily, afraid that Donghae expect to open up the file by using Ji Yong's birthday again.

 

"No, I mean, these numbers and the numbers on the hint...they must have a connection...Wait.." Donghae took the messy paper from Yuri and started to write something on it, leaving Yuri dumbfounded, the younger girl tried to inspect what he's writing, the only thing she could see that he was writing numbers and sometimes he crossed one or two of them.

 

"This...and that...no..wait..this couldn't be it.." Donghae mumbled himself when he was writing,  until, he put a period at the end with a little surpression on the table. He stood up and looked at the paper with disbelief, his heart raced, he was excited to know he maybe has solve the problem that they have been facing all this time, what's more, he could make Yuri happy.

 

"Are you done? Can we go now?" Yuri smiled to see Donghae like a little child who just solved a math problem, this may bot be a game but Yuri was still grateful that Donghae's mood went up, the only thing she wished now that his guess be the rightful one, so that he wouldn't be disappointed by the result.

 

"Yeah, let's go, we're off to solve an obstacle." 

 

Author's Note : 

 

Annyeonghaseo readers! Whoa, finally I completed this chapter after I lost two days of writing. Sorry for the late update because I have many things to do and the code in this chapter preoccupied my mind at the moment, sorry if this chapter is a little bit dull. Anyway, I want to thank you guys because of you my stories has 3100 views!! Kamshahamida my beloved readers, I hope you don't stop reading my story. Please comment and subscribe! I have many worries regarding this chapter.

 

P.S. : I'm in a New Year's holiday so you can expect me to update faster, once I get an inspiration I will do my best to write. Kamshahamida ^^ 

 

Translations : 

 

Bindaeddeok : A korean pancake