Chaos Recovery Process And Beginning Of Stockholm Syndrome

Doppelgänger

The dreadful night for Kwon Family has passed and they greeted the morning with no spirit, it was not an easy matter for them to skip such a day, Yoona cried in her bed endlessly, while Ji-Yong kept staring at the dark ceiling in his room for hours. The two siblings went down and sat at the dining table for breakfast, they stared at the three empty seats blankly, wondered where they old users went, the next minute they came to realize that they're gone, forever. However, there should be one who should be sitting there, the housewife of Kwon Family was still laying unconciously in her room.

 

"Young master, is there anything I could do to help?" Lee Yeon Chan, the faithful servant lady of Kwon Family that has came back from her holiday trip, she was planned by Mrs. Kwon to have the time of her life since it's holiday. Nevertheless, Ji-Yong called the servant lady back to the house with the purpose of taking care the sick Mrs. Kwon. He utilized every help he can get, he didn't want to make the condition of this family worse by taking risks. Since Mr. Kwon wasn't around anymore and Mrs. Kwon was unconcious, he did what he thought was right.

 

"For this moment, I don't think there is. Please, cut the formalities, Yeon Chan-shi*. I felt bad enough calling you in the middle of your holiday, I'm so sorry upon the sudden call." Ji-Yong formally apologized, even though their age is barely different, Ji-Yong respected her and never treated her as a servant, if anyone could see, Ji-Yong assumed Yeon-Chan as his second mother, Yoona treated Yeon-Chan as well as his brother.

 

"I don't mind at all, Young Master. I was really worried when you texted me that Mrs. Kwon Seo fainted due to her disease, glad I made it before things could go even more servere. After all, this house is my place too, and Kwon family is like the second family for me, I'm just changing places, that's all. Please inform me if something is up, I'll do my best to not fail your call. Enjoy your breakfast, Young Master, Young Miss." Yeon-Chan bowed with respect, the two siblings bowed back on their seats with a smile, she left the dining room and went to the kitchen. Things will be more peaceful with Yeon-Chan around, at least they know what the right thing to do because Ji-Yong wasn't ready to be the conning tower in the house.

 

"Ji-Yong Oppa, I suppose you didn't tell her anything about Yuri Unnie* and Appa*, right? Her face didn't show the same expression as ours last night." Yoona guessed his brother's deed, Ji-Yong gulped his saliva when his sister made such guess, it hit the jackpot in his heart without him noticing it.

 

"How could I? She just said that she's delighted to hear that she came on time, wait until Umma* told her the hideous truth about them, if she doesn't cry, I promise I'll walk handstand on the highway road. Although she looks so strong outside, she's not as strong as you think inside. After all, Appa is like her mentor and Yuri is like her friend throughout her life. Let umma tell her, I'm not the one who is approriate for the job." once again, Ji-Yong attempted to leave his duty. Yoona figured that would happen sooner or later, but he has a point, if he recklessly  told Yeon-Chan back then, her heart will shatter into little pieces.

 

"Anyhow, I wonder how's mother doing. If I heard right from..you, she would wake up today or tommorow, you guarantee it right?" Ji-Yong interrogated, he was too worried after thinking her mother for one evening. Yoona pouted over her brother's distrust and gave him a counter.

 

"Yah, Oppa. You once told me you trust me with your life, doesn't seem like you mean what you said back then, or was it only a promise of sheer? Look, I've taken care of her as best as I can, if things going worse, it's beyond of my reach. None of us planned this to happen, right? Are you going to blame me for what will happen next?" Yoona said dryly, she and Yuri are the only ones who could talk with such manners to their hot-blooded brother, on the other hand, Ji-Yong never have courage to fight them back, there was one part of him that kept telling him not to talk back. As much as he loved his two sisters, his treatment to the both of them was close to spoiling. 

 

"Annyeo*, Oppa didn't mean like you said. before. I'm just worried that she might storm out from that room and chase the shadows of Appa, you know how much she loves him. Therefore, Oppa want to apologize for doubting your skills. What should I do to be forgiven by you?" Ji-Yong reasoned with a smile, what she said was true, things won't go any better if they don't trust each other and walked hand in hand, at times like this, it's better to keep everything quiet and peaceful, the situation of Kwon Mansion was bad enough, he didn't want to start another ruckus.

 

"Um...a warm hug from you could comfort me better, do you mind, Oppa? I felt nothing like myself since yesterday night. Please, I really in need of some warmth right now." Yoona pleaded to her brother, Ji-Yong looked at the portions of breakfast that Yoona has eaten, she hardly ate, what she said of being not herself was not a lie. Ji-Yong gave a sad smile towards Yoona, if only he could do anything to heal her broken heart. 

 

"Come here" Yoona rushed to Ji-Yong's arms after he ordered her to approach him and held him tightly, Ji-Yong kept her back while Yoona's tears fell on Ji-Yong's shirt. She missed her unnie and her father, the only person who can make her feel better was none other than her only brother. 

 

"I miss Yuri Unnie...I miss Appa...I miss them so much..I want to touch them, I want to talk to them in person.." Yoona immersed her face on Ji-Yong's face like she did last night. Her loneliness was indescribable, she thought of them all night and wondered how will she face continuation of her life. Those two person were too important to her, Ji-Yong felt the same sadness and sorrows his sister felt, but he has to overcome it, if he's not the one who'll cheer her and his mother, then who else could do it? 

 

"I know, I miss Appa and Yuri as much as you do, but they aren't going back even despite how much tears we wasted for them. Get a hold of yourself, this isn't the Kwon Im-Yoona I knew and loved. If you're thinking about them, you should live your life well, honor their spirit by doing your best. Please, it hurts me to see you crying like this all the time, for my sake and for theirs'." Ji-Yong begged, his eyes were glassed and everyone can tell that he's about to cry. He felt sentimental over his sister's feelings.

 

"How can I...? I'm not even important in this family, how can I be honorable?" Yoona looked up at Ji-Yong who was slightly taller than her with puffy eyes, Ji-Yong felt pity at his messed sister, the breakfast turned into weeping event. WIth the loss of the two, Yoona felt even smaller about her existence as an individual. 

 

"Don't say that, you're an important daughter to Umma, and I for me, you're the only sister I've got now, Isn't that good enough for you? Wipe your tears, let's see Umma once we're done with our breakfast, eat properly, Yoona or you'll get  sick too. Look at you, your eyes are all red,  if only you know how much you mean to me.." Ji-Yong brushed Yoona's tears of her face, this wasn't the first time that Yoona said she's not important or she's nobody, her brother always hate her when she unbelief herself, to him, she's more important to anyone in this world. 

 

"It's more than enough..thank you Oppa, I'm happy that I didn't lose you too, if I did, maybe I'll commit suicide at this moment. I need you, Oppa. Please don't leave me alone in this house." Ji-Yong held Yoona as tight as he can, never wanted to let her go from his side. Finally, the two broke the hug and sat on their respective seats. Ji-Yong talked to Yoona with cheerful attitude, he succedded making Yoona burst in laughter again, brought back the 'alligator mouth' inside the Kwon Mansion.

 

 

The Kwon siblings opened the entrance of their mother's room, they sighed in relieve, finally their mother disclosed her eyes, but she seemed like one lifeless flesh, no spirit, no soul, she didn't even give her children a morning greet, she stared at the wallpaper of her room blankly. Yoona and Ji-Yong felt sorry for their mother, she didn't even notice them until Ji-Yong flicked his fingers in front of her.

 

"Umma? Are you there? Hello?" Mrs. Kwon snapped back and suddenly, she slapped Ji-Yong who got closer to her without any particular reason, Ji-Yong fell on the ground because of the powerful slap his mother, Yoona's jaw dropped when she saw that rough scene. Mrs. Kwon breathing hardly after what she did to her son.

 

"Umma, what's gotten into you?! Oppa, are you okay? Are you injured in any way?" Yoona scolded her mother's rude behavior and approached her brother, she touched her brother's right side of his cheek which has been hit by her own mother, slowly, the color of Ji-Yong's cheek became red, his mother used all her powers to slap him.

 

"Heh, this is nothing compared to Appa's. Umma, would you mind to advise me next time you want to hit me? So I'll know be ready to take on those tough hands of yours." Ji-Yong joked, he's willing to do anything as long his mother's satisfied. He never made her really proud with his works, so it's the least he can do, became an outlet of his mother's anger, different view will be seen if the one who slapped Ji-Yong was Mr. Kwon. Yoona saw things differently, whatever the reason, she shouldn't slap her brother who took care of Mrs. Kwon whole-heartedly last night, the blood in Yoona's vein boiled, never mind that Mrs. Kwon is her mother, she would slap back those who slap her brother that she loved heartfelt. 

 

"You...you...why didn't you be a good boy when your father is around, now tell me, how do you plan to apologize to your father, Ji-Yong?! ANSWER ME!!" Mrs. Kwon rushed to Ji-Yong's direction and pulled his collar upwards, Ji-Yong stared at his crying mother, he knew the very reason why Mrs. Kwon acted so chaotic, she still chased the shadows of Mr. Kwon, Ji-Yong sighed heavily, there's no answer for that question.

 

"About that...I want to apologize to you Umma, I should've done it sooner. I thought of it all night and I still regret it until now, please forgive me for not asking his apology from the start, I knew I was being rebellious to him, I was blinded with anger and hate. I'm so sorry, Umma." Ji-Yong let off his mother's grip and kneeled in front of her with humility. He stared at the ground timidly, avoiding eye contact with his mother. Then, he saw water droplets fell down in his view.

 

"Pabo* pabo pabo! You're a pabo and I hate you for that!" Mrs. Kwon hit her son repeatedly, she has no more power in her hands. Out of blue, Yoona shielded her brother who was beaten up.

 

"Umma, I know how hurt it is to lose someone you love and I know how you're feeling, but you have no rights to knock Oppa like that, didn't you get the message that he's sorry? It's not like it was all his fault. Please consider that before you hit him again." Yoona who was already ran out of patience defended, it was brave enough for her to stood up for someone like that, why, if it's for someone else other than Ji-Yong, she wouldn't dare to oppose her mother no matter how wrong her mother actions was.

 

"Get out from this room for an instance! I don't want to see you two!" Mrs. Kwon expelled their children, Ji-Yong stood up and dragged Yoona out of the room before the situation could get any worse, Yoona was still can't took her eyes off her mother, she gave a sharp stare to her until the door of Mrs. Kwon's room blocked her view. 

 

"Hey, that's enough. Yoona." Ji-Yong put his hands on Yoona's cheek and directed her face to Ji-Yong's, her brother's stare was even more scarier than she gave to her mother. Sound of the crying Mrs. Kwon can be heard from the outside, Ji-Yong's thumb pointed at the door and looked at his sister with an unpleasant face. Yoona played her fingers awkwardly in front of her angry brother.

 

"Seriously, didn't you see that I was acting back then? Why didn't you help with just stay silent? Was it a hard thing to do? I have established my heart from the beginning that I'll take all the blame, why did you jump in front of me boldly like that?" Ji-Yong scolded Yoona, she closed her eyes in fear, she thought she did right but she made two persons angry instead.

 

"Aren't you upset of what she said? If it was me, I would cry my heart out in front you instead of yelling and shouting like she did. I couldn't stand how she acted like it was all entirely your fault, you didn't even do a sigle thing wrong, you know." Yoona explained vividly, Ji-Yong found out that his sister has a point, but what she did was still wrong.

 

"I was upset at first, but I was being rebellious to Appa back when he's still alive so it's part of my fault too, I can't get angry with her. Umma always supported me all this time, maybe she lost her mind a bit because of this malicious loss our family obtained. She'll be back to her old-self once this problem solved. Nevertheless, I want to thank you for backing me up, Yoona. Will you promise me one thing?" Ji-Yong hugged Yoona again, soothing Yoona's boiled blood so that she would calm down again.

 

"Name your terms, Oppa." Yoona closed her eyes in enjoyment.

 

"Don't ever try to save my day again, I'm the one who should be responsible for you, not the other way." Yoona blinked twice as she heard her brother's request. It was hard for her if it's about protecting her brother.

 

"Mmm...I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee nor make a promsie for that, you're way too precious too me." Yoona tightened her grip against Ji-Yong, the elder can't help but smile of his sister's lovely behavior.

 

"Silly girl." he said while caressing her hair slowly, the bond between them grew stronger everyday, even though everything's not in their place. Ji-Yong made a vow to himself not to put himself in trouble again because Yoona might do something even further that she did to her mother.


"Silly girl." A faint voice was overheard by Yuri's ears, finally she woke up from her long deep sleep. Last time she was forced to consume a large amount of anesthetic so her view was still spinning. She wanted to rub her eyes badly to clear her vision, but her hands can't be used, they were tied tightly on her back. She needed couple of minutes until she realized where she was. She was sitting on a wooden chair, both of her hands and legs were tied with a strong rope which gave her no chance to escape, the walls were silver colored, she believed they're metal materials, she noticed she was inside sort of an unused old factory, then the person she despised at the moment showed up from her back.

 

"Awake at last, huh? I thought you would sleep much longer than I imagined, girl." Donghae taunted the daughter of Mr. Kwon, Yuri brows frowned every minute Donghae was on her sight, if he could get any closer, he would've taste the bite of Kwon Yuri's since she couldn't get an inch closer to him. Yuri struggled as much as she can in order to break away, but the knot was too strong and there were no errors in the assembly.

 

"Give it up, your possibility escaping this facility is zero percent, don't even think about it, fighting back will only make you hungry. Speaking of hungry, you haven't fill that appetite of yours so...here I brought you some meal." Donghae offered Yuri a donut filled with sugar on top, he prepared a glass of milk for her. If only Donghae didn't kidnapped Yuri, his behavior was sweet enough for her, sadly he was the villain who she thought murdered her father.

 

"How am I suppose to eat if I'm handcuffed like this?" Yuri ticked off Donghae, it was annoying for him to have him serving such a noisy princess. She's just another drag for him, but somehow, his body resisted to say anything back to her, throughout his life as a criminal, he never hurt any one of them, this feeling was given by Siwon's past who afflicted Donghae for a lifetime.

 

"I'll feed you, because if I set those little hands free, who knows what you might up to, probably you will spill these milk to me in fury. Don't tell you haven't thought of that, I can see right through your eyes." Donghae analyzed, Yuri gulped her saliva because of his guessings, she planned that if she is being set free by Donghae.

 

"Fine. Whatever you say, now are you feeding me or what?" Donghae's ears heated up, but he had to to do it, his heart told him to do so. Even though so far Yuri's been annoying, he found that her gestures were interesting for him. Donghae starting to fed Yuri slowly so she didn't choke, on the other hand, Yuri felt something's thumping in her heart, her heart was beating faster each bite she took, she looked at Donghae who smile a little at her. There was a sweet atmosphere between the two, but that perfect moment was ruined when one of Donghae's muscular minion stormed into the room while lifting the injured Chung-Hee. Yuri coughed after she saw Chung-Hee was being thrown to the floor harshly. 

 

"Chung-Hee! What did you do to him?!" she glared at Donghae with pair of angry eyes, that smile directed Donghae has gone from her face. He felt guilty somehow for a second, then again he realized it his job as a criminal, his face changed serious again to his staff. 

 

"Leader, this guy refused to talk, he was acting highly almighty, but I gave him enough lessons to keep his mouth shut. Still, he didn't open his mouth about 'that' until the end of the lesson, there's not much I can do from this." Donghae and Yuri looked at the bruised and injured Chung-Hee after the man said that, judging from his looks, he must've been beaten up badly.

 

"Good work, now will you leave us for a moment? I'll make sure he doesn't resist anymore. It will be not a pretty picture so I suggest you get out and keep out, if anything sounds wrong to your ears you can just barge in and knock whoever stands in my way, arraso*?" the Sapphire Division Leader ordered, the big guy nodded and left the room. Donghae locked the room from the inside.

 

"Now, you better speak, chump, before the numbers of those bruises increase." Donghae threatened, Chung-Hee was still touching the ground, he coughed before he started speaking.

 

"I don't care how many punches and kicks I have to take, I have no intentions of talking to you." Chung-Hee spoke, Yuri was worried if he continue to talk, his injury will be much worse. 

 

"Still dare to talk big, huh? If that's the way you work, I'll change my conditions, then. You said youself that you don't care how much sufferings we provided for you, but...what about her? Don't you care about her? Isn't she your master's last deposit?" Donghae pointed at Yuri, he changed from the caring one to evil type of stalker. Yuri regretted that she thought nicely of Donghae back then, it was all part of his plan so that she fell for him, and there will be no second time, thought Yuri.

 

"If you dare to touch Young Lady Yuri, don't you dream about walking out from this room alive." Chung-Hee stated, Donghae grinned at his reactions, he expected that was coming from Chung-Hee, he taunted him even more by his next action.

 

"Oh is that so, then how about this." Donghae kissed Yuri's cheek playfully, both Yuri's and Chung-hee's pupils widen after Donghae kissed Yuri. Chung-Hee stood up in anger and tried to tackle Donghae, but his body was to weak so Donghae managed to evade him easily, in the end, Chung-Hee hit the wall instead of Donghae.

 

"You were saying?" Donghae said arrogantly, seeing the Chung-Hee who was in no state of fighting anymore, Yuri released her tears upon her view. The Leader walked slowly towards the door Chung-Hee and whispered him. 

 

"Listen to me, chump. You better tell us the 'code' we needed, I know it's you who hid it, that girl is beyond such knowledge." 

 

"And you better listen, I don't give a damn care nor I knew anything about what you've been talking about, but know this : I will kill you if I get the chance, you hear me?!" Chung-Hee shouted on the ground, Donghae noticed that it was a mere bluff he could pull, he has a full force here while Chung-Hee's alone.

 

"I would love to see you try, chump." Donghae walked slowly to Yuri this time, Donghae pulled his knife from its sheath, she thought he will cut a part of her body, but instead, he cut the ropes that bind Yuri one by one. From her hands to her legs, she would love to attack Donghae when he was off guard, but Chung-Hee was her first priority now. She wondered why he was kind enough to let her free.

 

"Don't take it the wrong way, I don't want a troublesome corpse in this precious facility. Take care of him if you wish to do so, the equipments you need will be on that first-aid kit. I'll see you soon." Once Donghae pointed at the white box on the  nearby table, she rushed to that box while Donghae left the room, a sound of locking can be heard from the outside. Before Donghae went further, he eavesdropped what's in store, there were no conversations between them, only sounds of Chung-Hee shrieking in pain during his medication, Donghae sighed in relieve with no reason.

 

He leaned his back on the wall and rubbed his lips, why did he kissed Yuri? He could taunt Chung-Hee in any other way possible, it was the first time he showed some affection to his hostage. On the other side, Yuri rubbed her part of cheek that was kissed by Donghae's lips, as much she wanted to remove it, she still could felt the soft touch of his lips, before they knew about it, the beginning of Stockholm Syndrome started.

 

Author's Note :

 

Hello, kanghose here :D I hope this chapter satisfy all of you, as you all can see, it's the start of Yulhae's relationship. Well, the reason I wrote the author's note is because I want to know my readers' opinion. A best friend of mine said that he read the Chapter 3 : Obituary And Infiltration, and he thought that the chapter was way too many for a chapter, so he suggested to split the story into two. Now, I want to ask all my readers a question, is it better if I put as many cases in a chapter, while the update will be longer, or should I shorten the length of the chapter, while the update will be sooner? I don't directly change my writing style for a chapter, but I will consider every of your opinions and suggestions. So, if you don't mind, please put a comment regarding this problema, kamshahamida :) I hope you enjoy my writings even more.

 

For those who doesn't know what "Stockholm Syndrome" is, please go to this link for further explanations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome   I hope Siwon's past that I kept mentioning in this story drove you crazy to know about it :P

 

P.S. : I want to say goodbye to Super Junior member, Heechul, who went to the army. I barely know about him, but I realize he will play an important part in this story, therefore I want to thank you for your hardwork as long as you were in Super Junior. I believe you will come back when the time is right, as part of ELFs, me and my friends are waiting for your return :)

 

Translations : 

I don't know if this helps, but I realize that not all my reader understand Koreans, even common ones. So I started a translation section here if I put any korean words in the story.

 

Shi : A formal language to call someone formally

 

Unnie : How to call your sisters/older women if you're a girl.

 

Appa :  Korean language for 'father'

 

Umma : Korean language for 'mother'

 

Annyeo : Korean language for 'no'

 

Pabo : Stupid or fool

 

Arraso : How to say like "Do you understand?" or "Do you get what I said?" for Koreans.

 

Even if this is lame, hope this helps! :D :D