A Man With No Heart And The Great Escape

Doppelgänger

"Hyung, you know what? I kidnapped the target easily and all my plans worked smoothly, I'll be back to Seoul in no time. Report to our boss to wait for a while since I'm still cracking the code, I wish you're here because I'd love to see you, let's see each other soon, Hyung." 

 

Siwon walked towards his master's room to report how Donghae's been doing lately, he received a text message from Donghae that told him, he was doing  great. All of his pride and arrogant text  meant nothing to Siwon meant nothing other than disgust him, he saw it like it's a open challenge from Donghae, perhaps more to mocks because he didn't do anything special lately, although it was meant for Siwon to praise Donghae for what he has achieved. Siwon was burned up to take another mission from his master, anything will do.

 

Siwon knocked lightly at the door, "Ruby Division Leader, Siwon, facing. May I enter the premises, sir?" Siwon asked humbly, he was afraid that his boss was doing his own bussiness that he shouldn't look, he never intended of doing so, but when it was the first time and probably it will be his last time barging into his room without knocking, he saw his master envenom one of his staff who failed him, and it was a creepy memory even to Siwon, who's the Leader that's responsible for assasinations.

 

"Come in, my son." a voice from the inside sounded. Siwon opened the door slowly, and there it was, an aged man in his luxurious suit sat leisurely on his black director seat. He just finished counting his money as soon as Siwon came into the room.

 

"Now, what is your purpose coming here, Siwon? I believe you are bringing good news for me. Take a seat, my child." The aged man fixed the way he seated and folded his hands on the table, he was waiting for Siwon to spoke regarding the good news and gave him a curious look. Siwon opened his report book to remind what he has to say.

 

"Yes, Sapphire Division Leader sent me a message yesterday that he got a hold of Kwon Yuri, and he need more time to find the secret that's been hiding in that suitcase so it'll be a while until he gets back here, that's all I have to say, Seonsaengnim*." Siwon closed his report book and looked to his master's eyes, he waited for his master's next command after he has heard Siwon's report. The man let out his thinking pose, he put two of his fingers touched his part of brain. 

 

"Let's make it this way, give him three days to solve it and if he can't get the job done, inform him to come back to Seoul right away. Also, instruct him to kill that woman if she can't be useful to us, no one could see us and live. I thought she could be the key to unlock the revelation within that suitcase, I guess I was wrong after all. Without it, we can't really call this mission a success. Don't worry, with that distubance named Kwon Yu Jin has left for good, everything will go as I planned. I already make sure of it." Seongsangnim assured with confidence, Siwon wrote his master's orders in his book so he won't miss a thing. Being an old friend of Yuri didn't make him hesitate to tell Donghae to kill her.

 

"Is that all your bidding, my Seonsaengnim?"  Siwon lifted his pen apart from the book,  he has recorded his all his master's sayings perfectly without a single mistake.

 

"Let me think...yes, that would be all. Please report back as soon as you heard from Donghae." 

 

"Affirmative, I'll be off, then. I'm sorry for taking your time, Seonsaengnim." Siwon bowed and headed to the exit, when his hand almost reached the door knob, his mater halted him from going.

 

"Siwon, before you leave, make sure, that boy doesn't fail me, I was displeased when I heard one of my girl, Tiffany miscarried the suitcase. I will not tolerate any lack of success, I only accept the word "Mission accomplished" from him. You're the closest to him so you better watch for him in my place." The master commanded for the last time. Siwon sighed when he referred him as the closest to Donghae, if you talk about being closest, it's Jessica for sure, not him. He didn't want his master to misunderstand their relationship, to Siwon, they are nothing but workers who worked in the same company.

 

"Arraso, he will not fail you, I'll make sure he won't. We're not close, Seonsaengnim, he always sticks to me so we get that image, that's all." Siwon stormed out from the room, he began to text Donghae before he can forget his task. He carefully chose the right words for him so Donghae would understand this within his message he's about to send : He didn't want to get close to him and he suggest him to stop trying to get close to him. His master's order concerning that three days event will be told if that day really comes, Siwon got an idea that maybe Donghae will work harder if someone gives him a chance to proof himself. So he sent a short, inconsiderate message. 

 

"Reported, keep up your good work."

 

Siwon walked with no direction in the headquarter, he has got nothing to do, he hoped his master will give him another wild chase or something similar, but in fact, he didn't. Seonsaengnim's mind was into the suitcase in Donghae's hand, so he didn't bother to give a pointless order to Siwon. Suddenly, he crossed crying Jessica who was missing Donghae, after he didn't reply her text in annoyance. Jessica got frustrated, she thought he was too busy with his work and forgot about her, although his success was fired by Jessica's backup/

 

"Siwon! Have you heard anything from Donghae Oppa?! I miss him so much.." she shouted in her question, she wanted to know any information regarding Donghae, being an intel of the organization made her become an interrogative person, if she wants an information, she has to get it, regardless the method she should use.

 

"He said he'll stay where he's at right now for couple of days, the master has given him a permission to do so. That's what you want to hear?" Siwon  replied irritably, out of all people, why did he always be the one who was asked when it comes to Donghae's matters? He didn't like him nor know him, so why him? He always asked himself.

 

"Yeah but I didn't give him one! How dare he didn't reply my message but yours instead, I'm the one who cared about him most, how dare he did that to his girlfriend!" Jessica complained in a childish manner, Donghae never approved her more than just a acquintance, but she herself admitted to be his girlfriend, whether he liked it or not, Siwon was always between their one sided love, usually ended up arguing with Jessica, but he didn't care at all.

 

"Mind your own bussiness, whiny blondie. You should be ashamed of yourself, having the title of a leader but crying like a baby because of one person. You ought to learn some respect to our master rather than crying on that second-rated-criminal, he fulfilled your life so you can live it to the fullest. Without him, you'll be as good as dead now." Siwon mocked, Jessica stared at him with disgust, his words were mean, but to Siwon, it's way too normal to use that kind of words.

 

"You have no heart, don't you? I want to know why the hell you said those thing to me, how can you be so sinister to me? What did I do to you?" 

 

"Whoa, daddy's little girl knows big words like 'hell' huh? For your information, I'm a villain, a bad guy, why should I bother to have one? And more for you, your mistakes are reminding me  that lousy kid named Donghae is still alive and presume that I'm his hyung or his chingu*, if you wish not to hear such words come from my mouth, next time be sure not to talk anything regarding him or ask me something concerning him, then we'll talk. Do you get the point, whiny Leader?" Siwon raised his chin with pride, there was no remorse in even if he said such unforgivable sentences. His lips curved down, showed how unhappy he was. Jessica didn't counter his words, she knew it wasn't a fight she can win. As soon as Siwon looked at crying Jessica turned away, he smirked. 

 

"Better that way than nothing, she really ought to learn some respect after all." Siwon continued his walk once he's done fighting with Jessica, he backed down around the headquater again. This time, he found a television that has been forgotten to be turned off, since he have nothign to do, he sat on the sofa that's in front of the television and changed channels without even looking what's on. Unexpectedly, he caught a view that's suppose to be impossible to him. He tried to analyze the singer's face who's singing on a stage beautifully, in the upper right corner, there's text that said 'LIVE', he was sure whar he was seeing wasn't true, but he kept looking at the screen and called the singer's name instinctly.

 

'Yu--Yuri? Wait isn't she suppose to be..don't tell me..Donghae, that brat..He'll pay for this." Siwon turned off the television in frustration and phoned Donghae's facility right away. Just then, his master asked him to ensure Donghae's return with glory, he wouldn't want to disappoint his master now.  

 

"Yoboseo*?" Siwon said hello to the phone's receiver.

 

"Leader Siwon? What is the matter calling us at times like this? Do you need something, sir?" the man who was on the phone asked when he recognized Siwon's voice, lucky it was him after all or else.

 

"Is Sapphire Leader there?"

 

"Yes he is. Do you want me to put him on the phone?"

 

"No, listen to what I say and don't dare to disobey me, this is big boss' order. I want you to.." Siwon started to explain his wicked plan to one of Donghae's minion, a plan to make sure Donghae banish from this world forever so he can report that he failed to bring himself alive to the headquarter, betrayal and disloyalty aren't options, Seonsaengnim once told all Crystal Beasts leaders, if there are members who defy his orders, the person who defies can't stay alive, that's how the organization works and that word always stayed in Siwon's brain. Coldheartedly, he started a coup d'etat to his own leader fellow, who he disliked most from time to time. Unfortunately, Siwon's one biggest mistake was, he mistook Yoona who was singing in her sister's place as Yuri. Now, Donghae's life is in danger, and so does Yuri's.


 

Yuri and Donghae promised to trust each other until all of this is over, Chung-Hee was willing to give his help. It won't be difficult for him to storm out from his own facility, thought Donghae, but soon he will realize that thought was wrong, Siwon already took the first step before he does. He planned to fool his men by pretending to take care the sick Yuri, who will pretend to be sick too. Chung-Hee will follow after with reasons that he's the only one who have the medicine for Yuri's sickness, and he's the only one who knew the formula.

 

"Aargh! It hurts! Chung-Hee, help me!" Yuri shouted, faking a sign of pain while rolling on the floor, holding her stomach. Because of the small measure of the building, the whole facility panicked when they heard a girly scream of injury from Yuri's mouth, every one of Donghae's minions heard her squealing. They sweated, didn't know what action the should take, scratching their cheeks were the only thing they did. Donghae grinned while they're not looking, he expected their expressions were better, but they're worse instead. Chung-Hee helped with her act by putting a sorrowful face while trying to get Yuri on her feet.

 

"Young Lady Yuri! Please hold on! Hey punk, can't you see she is suffering?! Get help or something!" the crooks faces grew darker, for the first time ever they held captive of someone who's like this. Of course, no one can take a further action, she didn't even name her disease, but how can she when it's not real anyway? Donghae quit stalling and started to follow Chung-Hee's act.

 

"Shoot, why did I kidnap you two when all you can do is causing trouble? Sigh..wait, let me think of something." Donghae winked at them, showing that he's participating in the drama. Yuri kept shrieking in pain while Donghae clenched his fist, indicated to his minions he was confused of the situation. Apparently, the situation seemed real to anyone else in the facility.

 

"Guess I have no choice, let's take her to there since it's ain't getting any better. Come on, everyone, get a car ready!" Donghae instructed his subordinates, their brows frowned over the unusual order that Donghae never pulled out before. Suspicion began to fill Donghae's men, they have been warned.

 

"Where to go, sir?" one of them asked, to convince themselves that Donghae was going to start his runaway plan, on the other hand, Donghae didn't expect such question to came, it was obvious for Yuri to go to the hospital, that's where he planned to escape, but he kept himself calm so he didn't attract their attentions, Yuri and Chung-Hee nodded at him, saying that they will believe in Donghae's answer.

 

"To bring her out to the hospital of course! This is an emergency, why are you still standing there?!" Donghae shouted in panic, he was really panicking,  fake emergency wasn't the problem, but the way his minions stood still and looked like they refused to listen to him. He was afraid that his cover might blow up, and what he had in mind became real, his subordinates nodded at each other, they were cautious of this. One by one started to pull out their guns which were brought by each one of them and Donghae's jaw dropped upon what he saw, they're pointing their guns to Donghae maliciously.

 

"What are you guys..doing?! Are you insane or what, directing those guns to your own leader. Put those down in instance, did you hear me?!" Donghae's fear backed him down to advance with his plans, Donghae's weakness is, he never got any plan B since he was way too confident with every single one of his plan, now that confidence backfired him into this situation, Yuri's shriek stopped and so did Chung-Hee's act, they weren't prepared to face such condition.

 

"I'm sorry sir, but we're no longer in your service. You have two choices : Stay here and continue to proceed as planned or try to escape from this facility with blood all over your body, you pick. From now on I'll be in charge of this system." the man who was phoned by Siwon started to take things over, Donghae's face turned solemn, it was no way he can defy him, for the first time, Lee Donghae was outnumbered by his opponent, on top of it, he was facing his own subordinates.

 

"I see, so that's how it works. Do as you wish then, the all-new-commander." Donghae put his hands up in defeat and turned his back on them. Yuri and Chung-Hee bit their lower lips, how it could to this? They didn't show any sign of betrayal until now and there were no security cameras in the prisoner's room. They started to doubt their companion, Donghae, thinking that he did this on purpose as they've seen in movies, when the bad guys became friend and stabbed their back in the end.

 

"Just one question : who...order you to do this?" Donghae asked without hesitation, he could guess a name but didn't have to courage to say it. He realized right away, his assistants wouldn't be this brave nor be this rebellious without someone ordering them, they can only move when they are told to do so.

 

"I regret to say, but it's Ruby Division Leader, Siwon. He ordered us to eliminate you, that girl and her staff  if you intent to  defect us. I wondered at first, but now I know what he meant by that. With me killing you who betrayed us on purpose, the almighty Sapphire Division Leader Lee Donghae, promotion will be just around the corner." he smirked upon his instant win over his ex-leader, many of them wished to be in his position but he's the only one who has guts to execute it for real.

 

"Wow, I'm so surprised, and hey, you want to know one good advice of becoming a leader? Since you're the inexperieced one around these part, you lack of things that you can't even be compared with my greatness. But, with this one vital advice, I'm sure you'll be a splendid leader like me in no time." Donghae taunted him cockily, even when he's cornered, for someone who rarely loses, his pride as a winner of all time never stopped to show up. 

 

"Nonsense, from the start I was better than you, the thing  is, I never get the chance, and I didn't remember giving you a chance to talk, stop talk rubbish and--" a gunshot was heard by the time the guy talked endlessly, his pupils widen when he saw a red colored liquid on his chest, the last view he's seen was a man pointing a black gun at him, it was Donghae who shot at him swiftly, no one could believe how fast everything happened. The annoying man lost all his power due to blood shortage and died in the place, Donghae's ex-minions gulped, the man was being cheeky and the next second, he's down to the ground with shame. 

 

"You did a classic mistake in the movies : You talk too much, save it for Oprah. I hope you enjoy those minutes being a leader. It was fun while it lasts, pabo. Oh, I have to deal with you guys, next? Suit youself, I'm not resposible if you ended up living in the ground as soon as now. Come on, show me what you got." Donghae continued to provoking his ex-minions, they backed down a bit, feeling unconfident, he was on his own, but to them, he wasn't an existence that they can underestimate, they have witnessed his greatness and worked under him or a long time.

 

"CHARGE!!!" one person persuaded his friends to attack him at once, the were busy removing their various weapons, shotguns, swords, knives,guns, against one person who held dual guns. Even so, Donghae smirked, he can see how the rebel ends. 

 

"Yuri, shut your eyes and ear, this won't be a pretty picture for you. Chung-Hee, protect Yuri at all cost. I'll open the way, follow after me as fast as you can, run, don't walk." as he finished instructing his friends how to survive, Yuri closed her eyes and ears while standing up, counting on Chung-Hee's lead who held her hand. Donghae started to made a quick action when the crooks started loaded their weapons, he stared at the big halogen lamp right above them, he shot at the chain which connected the lamp with the ceiling, resulting the enormous lamp to fall. The whole crowd stopped moving to Dongae's direction, before they could take a step back to endure the falling object, they were trampled by the big glass from the sky. Several men were dead, but not all of them, their numbers were decreased, but there are too many of them. 

 

With one of the lights out, Donghae took the opportunity to sneak out, but it wasn't as easy as it seemed. Some people were aware to his movements and started to shoot in the dark where there was no lighting, Donghae dodged the shots easily, he realized the attack of the lighting was a big success, so he started to shoot all the lights, making both Donghae's and the opponent's side blindfolded. Yuri and Chung-Hee were afraid to run in the dark where they can suddenly make contacts with someone they didn't wish to see. Donghae held Yuri's hand to to ensure herself that they will go out from this facility alive with his help. He headed to the exit using only his instict, he hit the wall accidentally since he couldn't tell where he was, the ex-minions responded to that sound and started to shoot at that direction. Luckily, no bullets hit Donghae nor Yuri.

 

Donghae began to felt in the dark again, once he touched the exit and sure that was the door exit. He kicked the door and stormed out in the dark to the street. That noise led another movement for Donghae's ex-minions, they  tried to fire the escaping hostages, but they managed to got on the highway. The crooks couldn't create a commotion in so much crowd, not in a main street. So, the result of Donghae's great escape, was a success. The three panted when they reached boulevard safely. Donghae called a taxi so they can't get harmed by another danger, luckily, a cab approached them quickly, they went it witha sigh.

 

"Fyuh, that was a total knockout wasn't it? I'm glad that we escaped--what? Chung-Hee, what's wrong with you?" Donghae was shocked upon what he saw that he even couldn't finish his sentence, Chung-Hee, was bleeding on his stomach, he get a held of his stomach in pain, intended to stop the blood from coming, but his effort was futile. His breath soundes heavy. Yuri was crying in confusion, true, both Yuri and Donghae escaped without a single scratch, but the same didn't go for the unlucky Chung-Hee. 

 

"Shoot! You got hit didn't you?! Mister, to the hospital! Fast!" the driver shivered in fear when Donghae shouted at him, he gunned the engine and drove towards to the emergency room. Donghae hit the car window regretfully, he knew it was too risky but he still pulled his plan.

 

"Heh, I will survive, I'm sronger than you think...punk." Chung-Hee said while leaning his back on the car seat, things have turned unexpectedly until now, what's the fate of Mr. Kwon's right hand?

 

Translations :

 

Seonsaengnim : Teacher/Master

 

Yoboseo : How to say hello on telephone