Dazed

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum's P.o.V.

I stared blankly at my window; Chanyeol has not opened his curtains up yet. Usually, he opens it to greet me, but now, I guess his time got divided, worse, separated from me.

I heaved a sigh as I rose from my seat.  I need to prepare for school. 

---

As I took slow steps downstairs, my parents noticed my sadness.

"Why are you sad, Saerum?" they asked. I acted innocently and looked at them with questioning eyes.

"I'm not." I said and played along. I just chuckled to hide my nervousness.

"I'm off." I said politely as I wore my shoes. I closed the door as I walked slowly on the pavement.

I took around five steps as my body abruptly stopped at his door. I stared at it for a while, and continued walking.

I guess he does not need me now.


Chanyeol's P.o.V.

As I heard Saerum's windows shut, I immediately waved my curtains to the side. I gazed at the glasses of her window as I recalled what I did yesterday.

Throw that paper ball at her!

It's a sign of friendship!

I shook my thoughts off as I prepared for school.

----

I hurried outside as I saw Saerum walking on the sidewalk peacefully, with her head hung low.

"Saerum!" I shouted as her head turned at me.

"Sup, Chanyeol." she said with emotions aside.

I chatted with her along the way as I heard her laughs, and her thoughts. But in each laugh, a drop of sadness was shown.

As we reached the gates, my friends shouted my name, telling me to go with them.

"Let's separate here, then." she said.

"Will you be alright?" I asked as she nodded and smiled. After that,  her figure disappeared.

"I'm so bored." said Baekhyun, who was one of my friends.

"Let's roam around~" cheered Kai.

All of us went around the campus as a few girls peeked from the door frames of their classrooms.

"He's the new one?"

"Chanyeol's the name, I think."

"He's handsome."

A few girls said as  a smile automatically formed on my face. It somehow feels good to hear beautiful remarks like that.

"Hey, she's your friend, right, Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked and pointed at Saerum, who is now walking inside the classroom. I nodded as they smirked.

"Let's play with her." volunteered Sehun as they nodded. 

----

The teacher dismissed us for lunch as I stood up.

"Hey, Saerum. Let's go!" cheered Jane, our classmate.

"Saerum!" shouted Suho.

"Sehun wants to talk to you." he continued.

"What is it?" she asked bluntly, standing straight up and giving him a serious stare.

"You're beautiful today." he said and smiled.

"I don't have time for those foolishness." she reminded and smiled, being the smart girl she is. After that, Jane, Mary, and Saerum stormed out of the room.

"She's good." said Kai as they nodded.

"Hard to get, isn't she?" continued Sehun as he stared at us.

We walked our way through the canteen and piled ourselves at a table. Sehun remained standing up, not taking his seat, which questioned us.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I'm not eating with you guys. I'm going with her." said Sehun as he pointed at Saerum.

"Hey, take care. She's a black belter." I  reminded as he swallowed nervously.

"Really?" he asked as I nodded teasingly without looking at his reaction. I am somehow confident that Saerum is not blind with boys, that she is not easy to be fooled, which leaves me no worries. She's not the typical teenage girl who squeals for kingkas.

Sehun approached them in their seats as he smiled at the two girls, then, at Saerum alone.

Saerum's P.o.V.

"Annyeong! Can I have a seat?" Sehun asked us.

"Of course!" said Jane and Mary in a cheery mode. I gave him a plain look and turned away.

"Saerum, is it alright with you?" he asked as I nodded with a smile. I turned around and frowned. For sure, Chanyeol noticed that. because our eyes met and he smiled playfully.

I gave three snaps to him as he nodded understandingly. It seemed that he would burst out in any second, for his smile was an uncontrollable one.

We have our own emotion language. One for nothing, two for appreciation and happiness, and three for annoyment. I drifted my gaze back at Sehun and the two as they started conversing. I just ate by myself, not minding what they are saying.

"So, what's your favorite food?" Sehun asked as the two answered.

"Cakes!"

"Strawberries!"

"Uh..Saerum?" he asked, waiting for my answer. I shook my head and smiled at him.

"I don't have favoritisms. I appreciate what's served in the table wholeheartedly." I answered honestly and chuckled.

Sehun's P.o.V.

"I don't have favoritisms. I appreciate what's served in the table wholeheartedly." said she as a chuckle escaped her lips. My eyes softened after seeing her answer. It was like my time stopped. I have not taken a good look at her face before, and now, I was given the chance, I don't want to let go anymore.

A finger snapped in front of me as I collected my thoughts. Saerum is already standing as Chanyeol and the gang stood in front of me.

"Sup. You alright?" Baekhyun asked and I nodded.

"We should be heading back to our classes. Five minutes left." she said and took her plate to the basket made for dirty dishes.

"I'm heading back. For sure you two  want to stay with them." she said as they nodded cheerfully.

"Of course!" they said with enthusiasm as she escaped out of the scene, waving at them, then at us.

We walked, the six of us, with two girls on each end, chatting with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

I still recalled the earlier events and its sequence. I cannot help but smile.

"Are you alright?" Kai asked me.

"I think I'm in love, hyung." I whispered. I blinked to reality as I have realized what I just said. Kai froze as he smiled at me with disbelief.

"REALLY?!" He shouted.

"Hush yourself. What did I say a while ago?" I asked.

"I think I'm in love, hyung." He said, repeating my actions. I sighed in embarrasment as I clenched my teeth.

"With whom, huh? Who's the lucky girl?!"

I looked away as I felt my cheeks burn.

"Oh, Saerum." he answered his question as I bowed my head down.

"Our maknae's in love!"

"I'm not!" he said as the two girls bid their goodbyes and went back to their seats.

"I'm just playing with her!" whispered Sehun.


Chanyeol's P.o.V.

I was chatting with Jane as I heard Sehun's statement.

"I think I'm in love, hyung."  he said as my attention was drawn to him.

"Oh, Saerum." Kai said as he showed signs of approval.


I lost my focus with the conversation with Jane as Saerum's voice ringed in my ears.

But what struck me more is when he said that he's just playing with her.

Should I let this be?