Alright?

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum’s P.o.V.

I frowned at Sehun, who seemed to be showing his cute side just to practice with me. I think he is plotting some revenge, which made me hesitate with his request.

“I’m not going to do some revenge like you are thinking.” He wrote and showed it to me. I still declined, since it would be a little off if I join him. He then took his pile of papers and flapped some pages. On the third one, he handed it to me and pointed a highlighted line.

He really is persevering.

“I still have activities to do. You could practice with your friends over there.”

“I’ll help you with the activities later.” He said weakly.

I sat down beside him, not letting the stares agitate me. There is a case I made up, and I did not expect that we would work on it, acting like a couple and such. It was meant for him, and some fangirl, since I want to see him act with someone who he did not like. I guess it was a fool of me, not considering the things that might happen.

“So you want to practice this?” I asked as he nodded.

There, we started. We exchanged a few lines, and helped each other with some hints and movements. Although his voice gets hoarser and hoarser as he speaks more, he still wants to practice. A few times, I would tell him to stop since I am concerned with his health, but he would decline. I guess I still care for people, especially enemies, since I practically grew up on a good environment.

I stared at his eyes, it seemed a little bit lonely, but a part of it was persevering. There was no hint of laziness, which somewhat struck me. I guess he wants to….change.

“Thank you. I’ll be helping you with some activities since you missed them.” He said as I shook my head.

“I’ll be doing them. It’s just a few.” I stated and stood up, but he followed.

“I will. Still.” He said as I gave up and let him.

Kris approached me and gave me a list of uncompleted task. There were plenty, but I could still do it, since I have been used to it.

Sehun pointed to the first task, which was to buy some water for my classmates. I knocked on the door twice to grab their attention, and it made them stare at me.

“If anyone wants to have their water jars filled in the drinking fountain, feel free to give them to me.” I shouted as a few nodded and took their jars. Around ten approached me, and Sehun helped me with it.

“What did you do to Sehun, Saerum?” A voice asked. Chanyeol.

“Nothing. He is just helping me because he had a penalty.” I said as they laughed.

“Really?”

“Yes.” I said as the two of us left.

We walked down the corridor, with silence interrupting between us. I knew he wants to tell me something, but I guess he can’t say it.

“Do you have anything to say?” I asked as he nodded.

“I’m sorry for causing trouble.” He said as I stopped my pace.

It was not likely of him, of course, since a few days ago, he was a great foe, but now, I guess the world twisted around.

“I’m sorry too.” I said and started walking again.

“No…because…I used you as an excuse to my parents.”

“What did you say?” I asked as he stared at me.

“I said…that you were my girlfriend.” He said as my eyes widened.

“What?” I asked. No matter what the excuse is, it would not be good, since he just messed with my record.

“I’ll explain when we finish the fifth task.” He said as I nodded.

We stopped by the water fountain and filled the bottles with water. I also bought a large water bottle which was from our room’s funds. We headed back, and I asked questions about what he has done. I am trying not to be angry, of course, since I might punch him when my temper builds up. Instead, I asked questions to make myself curious. I asked why he did that, why me, and why not anybody else, but he insisted that he will explain later on.

 I tried asking why, and he took something from my right pocket: a mirror. I did not know how he knew it was there, but he told me to stare at it while walking. He tilted it a little to the side, and I saw the answer: his group was following us.

I nodded at him and stared at the fourth task: it was to assemble the class for a vocal training. I stared at the fifth task, and it was to take a few supplies from the guard house. Sehun was very witty for this, and I am glad that I finally understood.

We went on the tasks, until the two of us reached the fourth.

“Everyone line up! Four columns!” I shouted as they stood up and piled up. I took a paper from my bag and handed it for Kris to teach. He read it for a while, and then started with the progress.

“Let us start from do.” He said as they followed command. Others did not follow at first, but when they received Kris’ glares, they stood up properly.

“We’ll be taking the supplies.” I said as Kris nodded.

We left again, and he started to talk.

“I said that I am not going to marry that girl. Then my mom asked if I have a girlfriend. I said yes. She told me that my girlfriend and I wouldn’t last long. I said no. That’s when she asked for proof.  I searched for a picture. I found your picture.” He explained briefly.

“What’s with that narration?” I asked and laughed, trying to ease myself.

 “Now, my mom is asking you to come at our house this Saturday.” He said, making me frown.

We reached the guard house, and two boxes welcomed us in. He took it first, choosing between, carrying each a little. Then, he picked the brown sealed box by the right, which left me no choice but to pick the left.

We walked by the hallway.

“Do I really have to? I mean, my life would depend on it too, if you will be thinking of the future.” I said as he nodded.

“But my parents have to know about it, alright? You will be the one to ask for permission.” I said as he shook his head.

“Could we just keep this as a secret?” He asked as I shook my head back.

“Don’t worry, they’re not that strict. They have to, of course.”