False

Last Genuine Smile

     I thought that it would be a good opportunity for Jungkook to open up, that is why I planned on joining him in his meeting with the people we encountered earlier. I thought he was happy, of course, since he would get to meet such good characters. I felt that he would fit too, since he had the same attributes as they had—handsome, studious, demure, and most of all, polite. Just by these simple things, I could see that it would be invalid for them to be compared with Sehun’s gang.

     I separated from him as lunch ended, only to find Kris, Sehun, and Chanyeol sitting down the chairs, surrounded by my fellow classmates. I assumed that they fought with each other. But judging the situation, it felt as if something else took place.

They kept the same faces before, but I saw the difference with the bruises they gained. Their blazers were torn, and a few scratches were seen on their skins. By these, I knew that would explain a lot.

     “What just happened?” I asked, staring at the victims. Nobody dared to speak up, until it left the three no choice.

     “We fell from the third up to the second floor. It was a nasty occurrence. Somebody pushed us. I first thought that I might have gotten included because I was with them. But judging that I was clearly distinguishable because of my built, I guess not.” Kris explained as I nodded.

     “I will ask for details later. Is that all right for the three of you? We need to bring you to the school’s infirmary.” I said as a few of my classmates shook their heads.

     “It was closed for some reasons. We do not know ourselves. We asked for the teachers too, but they were nowhere to be found. They were on a meeting. Chances. They knew when to act.” They said as I frowned.

     I knew that the school should provide the needed facilities for the students, since fees were allotted for that certain thing. They should at least warn us that they would be holding a meeting too, since it might raise conflicts if they did not.

     I approached them and stared at their bruises. I then stared at my classmates again, who felt guilty for not performing a first-aid.

     “Ice.” I asked as Sehun stared at me plainly and stared at the cooler. I just nodded and went to check its quantity. Seeing that it was fine, I scooped a few, and asked for handkerchiefs. I planned on creating an ice bag, since I saw a few hazing cases that lead to injuries because of irresponsibility. I thought that it might occur to them too.

     I reached it out to them as they hesitated. They knew that it would hurt. I smiled at them cheekily as I took the ice and placed it on Sehun’s bruise. He gasped for a while, and then held it with his arms.

    I requested all of them to return to their jobs as I monitored their injuries. I asked if there were some wounds gained as I handed the kit to them.

“Any fractures?” I asked as they confidently shook their head.

I returned to my work shortly after, since I knew that there was nothing more to do. A few times I would ask them if they needed a new pack of ice, but they would just tell me that they inserted them inside the cooler for a short time.

     “Tomorrow would be the day, and it is important that you bring your costumes and practice your lines. The teachers would serve as our first customers, that is why you should come early in order to have a grade of your own. That is all. Any inquiries?” I asked as they shook their heads.

     “Oh. I’m sorry for being bossy and all. I just want to produce a good performance. If you have any complaints, please tell it to me right now for me to apologize.” I humbly bowed as one raised his hand.

     “You held Sehun’s arms a while ago. I was so jealous. Call me next time.” Gina joked as I smiled and nodded.

     “I will.” I said as all of us laughed.

     I went outside the room to wait for Jungkook. The next thing I heard were murmurs regarding myself. It was not about my personality, though, but rather about what I was doing.

“I really get curious about Saerum. What does she do after class hours? I know she does not come home straight. I really envy her for the grades she gain even though she does not.” A boy said as I smiled to myself. I answered him on my mind, of course, with me telling that I study the moment I get home.

Jungkook came and greeted me. I greeted him back as a few of my classmates stared. I knew it was not a big deal, that is why I decided to ignore the looks they were sending.

We went from the corridors up to the library. It was a long walk though, but I guessed that would be enough for a good chat.

We spotted them at the corner of the library, laughing among themselves. Up to the point, I was wondering how they did not become the hot topic of the school, but I guessed that was because of their cute and crazy minds.

“Good afternoon. It’s nice meeting you again.” I said as they greeted us a good afternoon. They asked us to sit down with the seats they reserved, and I was thankful that they meant what they said a few moments ago.

The first parts of the conversation were pretty much awkward, but the rest of it was interesting. We discussed about our hobbies and our situations and many more. I was about to reach its falling action when I felt that I had to leave. I knew that Chanyeol was waiting for me at the lobby, and it hurt a little that I had to depart. They bid goodbyes, of course, but I told them that I would drop by sometime. I smiled at them, and Jungkook at last. I walked down, waving at them.

I reached the lobby thirty minutes after dismissal, but Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. I figured that he might just left somewhere for a while, so I decided to sit down for a few minutes. I waited, waited, and waited. I decided to sit down straight, and not do anything for me not to be bored. I was reaching twenty minutes. My steam was growing impatient, until I had decided to stand up and take a short walk. I was about to leave when I saw Chanyeol with a girl. He was laughing with her and such. I supposed this was all he did for fifty minutes? I was pretty much insulted with this, and I was glad that he saw me.

   “I’m sorry. I forgot about you. I did not remember that I had a meeting with you. I was with her. I’ll bring her along.” He said and pointed at the girl behind him. I smiled.

   “I am here to tell you that I cannot come. I was on my meeting with my friends.” I replied apologetically.

   “Are your friends more important than our meeting?” He asked as I stared at the floor, and next, at him.

   “I do think that girl is more important than what you have to say. Spend time with her, I plead you. I just want you to know that I sat straight here in this bench for twenty minutes straight. A lady will wait, but you will not want her to be kept waiting, if I were to be asked.”

   “So I should say sorry.” He said as I shook my head gently.

   “No, don’t bother. I forgive you.” I said, taking my flight to the place I should have not left. I should not have expected anything from him. It was foolishness that brought me to believe that he was changing.