Resilience

Last Genuine Smile

I engaged myself in reading the synopsis of the book Jungkook provided me. They have been talking for a while now, and it seems to me that they have already gotten along. Taehyung said it was not the first time that he and Jungkook met, since they have been friends before. He just managed to get in contact with Jungkook again because Namjoon bumped into him. He just hastily whispered to Namjoon that the one he bumped was indeed Jungkook. It was a bit strange that they asked for Jungkook's friendship the first time we met, but I supposed that they really were planning on it. Starting from here I maintained silence in respect to their building friendship. A few times I would look at them, and a few times I would smile. I have recovered slightly from the harm Chanyeol caused me, since Jungkook's friends seem to heighten my mood

"How was the sypnosis? Does it look interesting, or does it nof fit your style? I have read that during my early high school days, and it interested me a lot." Jimin asked me with an anticipating look. I have figured in a short time that he wanted the book since he dropped sentences of compliments regarding it.
"Of course! I previously liked the work of this author. Next Thursday would be a holiday--a wonderful day to be classy, eh?" I uttered and chuckled. 

I stared at them. They were different--they loved books and cupcakes and every random thing. They love what I love, they cherish what I cherish. I want to be with them, I want to be their friend, but will they accept me?

They were staring at the world map Jin has brought, after then they were pointing different countries in Europe. 

"Oh, if you would do these random things everyday, I'd want to be with you always." I disclosed as Yoongi stared at me. He mentioned a few words that touched my heart. The others also agreed with it.

 

 

I paced back home as my mother, who was in the garden, welcomed me. She said she has prepared my meal, and she has swept the floor of my room.

I ate a good amount of stew she prepared for me. Afterwards, I took a bath and started to review a few topics. After then I created the final props for our school festival. I finished at 9:00 pm on the square. I decided to take a brief shower and put my pajamas. After then I sat on my bed and stared at the lit room across mine. He, Chanyeol, started playing loud sounds just as I finished. I wanted to talk to him, but I just opened my window and stared at him until he noticed me. I gestured him to keep it down, but he jus drifted his gaze away.

I did not want to sleep after that as I was fully awaken by the upbeat songs that he played. Although this does not affect the neighbors, it fully affects me because our rooms are near each other. I jumped at his balcony and stood. I felt that there were other people at the room, therefore I decided to head back.

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked. There his whole group stood behind him and smiled. I felt trapped. It was a scheme.

"Well, I am heading back. It seems that you are having a party. I'll order a pizza if you want. " I said.

"That''s wonderful, but you're not returning yet." He said as I jumped back to my balcony. 

"I could. I would." I said and closed my window.

 

 

I ran down the streets while carrying the props I made.  I never wanted to seek help from Chanyeol and his friends, but they were in front of my house even before I took my breakfast. I told my mom not to, but Chanyeol insisted. I cannot say in front of her that he cannot be trusted anymore, therefore I just went on. Probably all along she thought that we were just involved in a small fight, and I was acting terribly towards his attitude.

I do not know what they plan on doing, but I decided that it would be all right since I am not doing something wrong. This went on until we finished preparing. Just as after the opening ceremony was finished, I dressed with my Medieval gown and gave candies mostly to children with companions. I also gave some to teens in groups and anyone who could possibly be customers. After finishing them, I hurried to the classroom to help them facilitate. I helped with the registration and I was satisfied with the number of customers. They settled inside and started.  

I heard that Yujin liked Sehun, and that she wanted to switch places with me. I went and confirmed this, of course, and the result was an affirmative statement. I never knew she liked Sehun, but I supposed love really does not pick any person or situation. I immediately gave way, of course, without Sehun knowing. He only knew this a little earlier. He was disappointed, but I said I had tasks to finish, and that I was part of the Senior Council.  There was another one expecting to perform. She took Yujin's place. She never liked anyone for her to fight for the role. She just wanted to act because she planned on pursuing the field.

I heard cheers after that. It seems that they have solved my simple mystery. Just as the customers cleared up, I felt a tense air coming from my classmates. I immediately entered to know what happened, and there, I saw our main character lying on the floor. I asked what happened, and they said that she fainted probably either due to heat, hunger, or  exhaustion. I immediately helped loosen her gown and focus the electric fan on her. Others then called for the nurse. She was transferred to the infirmary.

I was up in search for a main character, but they said that they cannot memorize a wonderful amount of lines in a short period of time. I could play as a substitute, but I am busy calculating the income and sorting the expenses, and I really think I don't fit for the character in the first place. I see the role as too feminine for me.

"I'll do it." Kris said sternly as I chuckled.

"Play as a girl?" I laughed.

"No, I would do the accounting. That would be all right for everyone, am I right? You go and fix yourself, substitute." He smiled and drew back.

 

 

 


 

Author-nim's page

Was it too common? I'm so sorry Q_Q I really don't know what to do. I'll try my best next time.

Feedback, feedback, I need feedback.