It's Such a Relief

Last Genuine Smile

Sehun's P.o.V.
I slung the handbag on my shoulder lazily as I stood up. I actually don't plan on doing much this dismissal since I am already tired and bored. See, they kept on repeating and repeating. Girls, the gang, and such-- I want to play videogames at home, at least.

I waved my hand to the members as they mirrored me in reply. Kai and Suho narrated to me that they will be going on the arcade while Baekhyun and Chanyeol will be seeing a few of their girls. I smiled in satisfaction and nodded to all of them.

I can't really believe that Chanyeol joined our gang. Before, he was really shy and looks like a flowerboy next door, but I guess I was mistaken. I planned on recruiting him on the gang first, but seeing his actions, I hesitated to do so. Now, I suppose he is already one of us. As for Saerum, although I am feeling guilty, I can't help but look forward to the play which the two of us would act as couples. I already know what I am going to do for the day, and I really am excited. I don't know why, but I always get this feeling when I'm with her.

"Give it now." I heard a whisper from my back as I was walking down the corridor. A few exchange of words were given in a very low tone; but it was enough for me to hear, since I was on the front of the speakers.

"S--Sehun oppa." I heard as I spun around. I already knew that it was a confession since the girl in front of me was holding a card and a box of chocolates. I smiled innocently and asked what the matter was, although I really knew.

"What is it?" I asked and smiled at her. She took a deep breath and pushed the items in front of me.

"P..please accept these." She said as I nodded and patted her shoulder.

"Thank you very much. I really appreciate your effort." I said as she nodded and smiled. She turned around with her friend and ran.
I walked outside as I read the letter. It was embellished with various glitters and was decorated with a few butterflies and pastel-colored flowers.

Oppa, I really really really like you. I guess you can't return my feelings, but if you do so, please tie a pink ribbon with the name 'Sehun' on the bench by the quadrangle.


Love,
Jessa


I chuckled a bit and tossed it in the trash bin by the post and opened the chocolates. I ate it in an instant and threw it somewhere. 
After a few minutes of walking, I reached my house. Rather cozy, it was. But I didn't bother. As long as I could do the things that I want, I don't care what the house looks like. I stepped in as the maids gathered and helped me up. They took my bag off and gave me a drink and a few biscuits. I just nodded and headed upstairs.

I turned my television on as I took the joystick out. I inserted the card on the drive as I started playing a few games. I played and played, switching games here and there. I am currently having fun and restraining myself from worries, since the maids are the ones in charge of my assignment. Not a long time after that, I heard a knock from the door. I didn't bother answering it and continued with the game. But after a while, the door opened. I paused my game and stared by the door frame. My mother was there, standing with a few keys in her hands. I immediately stood up and greeted her a good afternoon in a placid tone. She responded back as I nodded.

"We have to talk, Sehun." She said as I rolled my eyes in response.

"About what?" I asked as she smiled. She closed the door and took a seat on the couch resting by the wall. Her eyes met mine as she reached an envelope out. I took it in an instant and opened it.

"Your marriage will be arranged. You will be meeting the lady tomorrow. She is one of the heirs of the company which is partnered with ours. It's for you too, Sehun. For your future."  Being the frank mother she is, she took it straight to the point. A few articles and notes were written together with small post-its. I didn't bother reading, since it would be just with the agreements. I then stared at the picture attached to the article as I frowned. The girl is not pretty. She looks like a spoiled brat and looks clumsy. I just tossed it on the table between us as I crossed my arms.

"No." I replied bluntly as she smiled.

"It will still be in a few years. You're just fourteen, and you still have four or five years to go. Your mind will change for sure."  

"No way." I said as she shook her head for the second time.

"I know that you don't have a girlfriend, Sehunnie. You're just playing with the girls on the school. I spied on you, don't lie to me. It's not like somebody will wait for you." She teased as I chuckled and frowned.

"I already have one." I answered as she stared at me with mockery.

"Really? Can I see her? You know, I am very considerate of things. My mind might change if you show her to me." She asked as thought of things that I could do.

I nodded nervously as I took the phone from my pocket. I gulped as I pressed the gallery. I know that I don't have any pictures of girls here, but I still have to search for it.  I scrolled and scrolled. Videos of me singing were stacked on the gallery's album. I don't think I will find one. But, who knows? I scrolled on the last part as I saw a picture and smiled. 

Finally.

Although I would not want to keep this as an excuse, I don't have any other choice. Besides, it would keep no rumors. I have been teasing her for so many times, and I guess I could make the audience think that my words were serious.

With no further hesitations, I enlarged it and flipped the screen for her to see. She nodded as she looked at me.

"I can't get to see a better view of her face. Could you enlarge it more?" She asked as I nodded.

I clicked the screen as the lady's face became clearer. The view of the Sakura tree faded as her face was given emphasis. I showed it to her again as she nodded.

"What's her name?" She asked as my eyes widened. I tried to regain my composure as I nodded to her.

"Saerum.....Kang Saerum."