Add.

Last Genuine Smile

     

 

It has been a tiresome day for all of us, since we were stacked with work due to the mismanagement of time. I do think it was my mistake though, since the date I put in my journal was a week after the original day. I suppose it was tampered with, seeing that the handwriting was a little bit crooked rather than my original one. But even though I felt that it was altered, I know that it was a fool of me not to notice the major difference. I guess it was just because of my busy schedule.

     I walked my way towards the pavements of the school alone. I guess I really did not have friends good enough to accompany me daily. As for my taekwondo colleagues, or EXO-M, I do think I cannot bother them, seeing that they have been separated due to time conflict. I would rather have them eating their lunch boxes together rather than all of us going to the canteen. I cannot go with the K group too, since I do not go along with them very well.

I just noticed that I had no girl friends. It was probably because of my annoying attitude which kept on bothering them with the school assignments. You see, my personal life was not much interesting, and I do not gossip. I just keep my opinions to myself.

     I heard my name being shouted before I could get the chance to go downstairs. It was a tiny voice of a boy whom I think I really know.

“Noona!” He shouted as I turned around. There, I saw a student, drenched in juice with his hair wet.

“What happened to you, oppa?” I asked Jungkook as he smiled at me.

“Nothing much. I just wanted to ask if I could join you in buying food.” He said as I nodded.

“Of course.” I answered. I did not bother to ask why his situation was like that. I think he does not want to discuss it for the meantime.

I was totally perplexed by this man. It seemed like he did not have any problems, but I know a certain time will come where he will tell many of it.

The two of us made our way to the school’s cafeteria. It was noisy as usual. The people did not even offered time to stare at his uniform—it was like it was normal for them to have students like this.

Jungkook and I took the same bento boxes. I noticed that we have the same taste when it comes with the food. I told him how I wanted to have a full course meal, since having none does not help with the circulation of the body that much. He also narrated how he really loves to have bento boxes because of his mother’s recipes.

We walked and talked about a few things—school work, house chores, and many more.

A short pause came after that. There, he smiled and stared at me.

“I was very clumsy. I bumped into Chanyeol and he accidentally spilled juice on me. Please tell him I’m very sorry. I thought you were going to be angry because of what I did.” He said as I shook my head.

“You did not bump on him.” I said and placed my nose near the fabric.  I sniffed it for a while and knew what I had suspected.

“He does not drink apple juice.”

“He bumped you. Intentionally.” I told him as he smiled.

“I ought you would not know.”

I smiled.

Although I have not been with him lately, I can tell his actions even with mere words as resource. I say I can hear his actions very well, with what he is doing, and how he acts. But it was not because I have memorized it by being a person beside him all along—it was because I got to understand his world, even by just a glimpse.

“I have an extra plain shirt on my bag. I guess it is around your size. Do you want me to lend it to you? Don’t worry, it’s loose. I really don’t buy fit ones.”  I said as he nodded.

“If it’s all right for you. I’ll just return it shortly after laundry.” He said as I agreed.

I waited for him to come out of the comfort room to change his clothes. I would not want to see him soaked. Not again.

The two of us then walked by the hallway, talking, again. He was smiling, and I am glad that somehow, I made his day easier.

I then stared at him again. I do not know what came to me, but I suddenly saw how striking he is. A while ago, I asked him to fix his hair up, and I guess it really emphasized his facial features.

I continued walking with him when all of a sudden, he bumped a certain group of people. He immediately bowed. I guess he was traumatized of what had happened earlier, he did therefore everything for them to forgive him.

“I’m very sorry for breaking your conversation.” I said, hoping to contribute.

I saw the group of boys as fine-looking ones. I suspect that they could be one of the popular ones, seeing that their facial features were prominent ones. But standing on another angle, I can see that they seem good, observing that they kept their uniforms tidy.

“It’s alright, don’t worry. It’s nothing big.” One of them said. He was very good, with his hazel eyes that matches his hair. I can see that he might be friendly judging with his caramel smile.

“I’m really sorry. You must have been hurt.” Jungkook said as all of them shook their heads.

     “It’s alright. We’re sorry too. My name is Jimin, by the way.” One of them said as Jungkook stood up. Then, all of them mentioned their names. They were unique ones, and I guess those were their nicknames.

“I’m Jungkook, and this is Saerum.” He said as the two of us introduced our selves.

“Nice meeting you. Can we be friends? We could hang out at the library. We’re on our way there.” Namjoon said as the two of us nodded.

“If it’s alright for all of you.” Jungkook said as all of them nodded.

“No problem!” All of them said as they stared at the watch. Then, we bid each other goodbyes as we walked back.