Until it's Over

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum's P.o.V.

I clicked the knob as I sat down on an empty wooden box resting by the corner. The sun's rays peeking from the windows caressed my cheeks as I closed my eyes slowly, absorbing the quietness and releasing the stress and hatred. I felt somehow violated with Sehun's actions, since I am not used with holding hands and such. I felt offended and degraded, since they were doing it for fun. I closed my fists as I let tears flow in my eyes.

I actually do not hate that certain gang; it is just because I cannot perform that thing no matter how I try. Protection. I cannot protect the people around me, I can just stay by their side and help them lean on, but I cannot exceed with that certain skill. I was not there to bring Chanyeol back to my league, and I cannot even be of help to my classmates. See, they say that I was just made of force and intelligence, but I was lacking of leadership. It was true, I admit so. I guess that I can't serve to anyone.

I looked around as I heave a sigh. As time passes by, I can feel that this room gets warmer and warmer for me. This was the best way to release my anger, my stress, my sadness, and my hatred. But on the balcony by my room is the opposite. It just brings me sadness and regret. Every time I stare at his door, I cannot help but reminiscence the memories we shared, and the memories we made. We are not lovers, and we are just mere friends, but close ones. 

A knock was heard as my trail of thoughts got interrupted. I stood up in an instant and peeked at the door. There seemed to be no one, so I pushed it towards the door frame--but was abruptly stopped. A hand was revealed as I got to see a better view of the person. Plain black hair, collar somehow loose, first two buttons not pinned, revealing an inner shirt. I looked up as I saw the boy smile at me.

"I was about to go out. You could enter now, Sehun." I said as I went outside, but was stopped again. I eyed him as he took out a smile, much to my annoyance.

"Excuse me, but I still have a schedule to follow." I answered and released his palm that was resting on my shoulder. I stepped outside, but I felt my wrist being pulled back again. I forced it away as I faced him.

"I don't have time for your nonsense." I said as he shook his head and looked at me with placid emotions. 

Sehun's P.o.V.

She continued pacing a few steps as I looked at her plainly. Actually, it still bothers me on why my feet dragged me here. I was about to again; it makes me happy to insult people, but when I stared at her eyes again, I felt a different sensation. Guilt suddenly flowed, and my mouth suddenly got shut. Still wondering, I just walked casually, forgetting about what had happened a while ago. I opened the garden gates as I saw two figures sitting on the bench; one was Chanyeol, and another a girl. They seemed having fun, and I have decided not to bother. That girl was not the one whom he invited on the coffee shop. Chanyeol stared at me and smirked, portraying that he was just luring the girl. He's one of us now, I suppose. 

I strolled around as I heard a few whispers. A few girls were peeking behind the door as I passed casually through them. I the corner, only to see Saerum talking with our teacher. The teacher handed a few notes to  her as she accepted them wholeheartedly. She scanned it for a while and nodded afterwards. Then, they parted. I walked faster than usual to catch up with her, and gladly, I did. I placed my arm around her as she broke it off. I then held her empty hand as she shook it away. 

"How dare you?" She asked softly as a chuckle escaped my lips.

"The girls behind me would love to have that. It costs much, you know. Every girl would want it." I said as she shook her head.

"But I don't. Please respect my privacy, then." She asked and entered the room. I shook my head and placed my hands on my pockets lazily.

----

Kris gave me the script as I read my lines. In here, I would have to act with the female character named Victoria. The setting is somehow medieval, and we have to dress formally. In here, we were lovers, but our relationship should not be obvious, since it is hidden in secrecy. I tossed it on my chair as I sat down lazily and leaned my back against the wooden plane.

"The story is about a person who was killed, and the two of you were near the scene when the crime occurred. Please take extra effort on the role." Kris said as I rolled my eyes and stared at the window.

"Who's the Victoria?" I asked. But in reality, I am not fond of whom I will act with, since I really don't care about that lame week.

"Let's see. Ah, it's Yujin." He said as I just nodded. I have received one letter from her last Valentine's. I was not to remember that, but she placed a lot of pink stuff in it which annoyed me. She was a huge figure with no beauty, based on my perspective.

"Sorry, I'm wrong." Kris said, coming back as I looked at him again.

"Yujin will be the woman in cloak, and the girl whom you will be with is Saerum." He said and darted off, leaving me smiling.

I read the script around: I will be her real lover, but she was actually arranged with Joaquin, the victim. T'was not much of an expertise, but it's fine--the script, I guess.

I thought of things that I could do, when suddenly, a well-made idea came up to me. I then took my pen and wrote a few words, replacing this with that, and that with this.

I smiled and laid the script neatly on my desk when I saw Saerum sitting a few chairs from me. I went near her as she immediately stood up and shifted places. I felt sad, and I felt offended. Being ignored is somewhat not good, or is it?