Lies, oh Lies.

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum's P.o.V.

"Hajima." I said as Luhan prepared to attack Chanyeol.

"Come at me, bro." Chanyeol invited as Luhan frowned and threw his hands. I stopped it abruptly before it reaches Chanyeol's face.

"Oppa!" I shouted as he looked at me with eager stares, I suppose he wants to punch Chanyeol badly.

"You were the one who did the bruise on Saerum too, am I right?" Kris asked, stepping in front.

"Yes, and why?" Chanyeol asked rudely.

"You've got guardians, Saerum. How did you get them? Did you---" He stopped as I slapped him.

"No, I did not." I answered as I sat down peacefully. 

"Let's eat." I said and smiled at them. Tears escaped my eyes, but it is useless to stop them now. All of them nodded and ate with me. They somehow know how to act, I just smiled with their sweetness.

"Park Chanyeol, Kang Saerum. Could I excuse you for a while?" a figure from the doorframe appeared. A smiling teacher excused us as we stood up and went near her.

"Explain. On the spot." She said as I nodded and followed.

"I am sorry for my rudeness, and I adhere to my actions. I may have done things not pleasant to the eyes, but I am solid with my desicions, I shall not take them back. I am sorry for my short temper, but I will not regret my actions." I said as Chanyeol smiled.

"I am not sorry for my rudeness, and I stick to my actions." Chanyeol said.

"Is that all?" He asked and entered the room.

"Let's talk about it later, after your classes." She said as I nodded.

"I hope that things will be clarified after our discussion." I said as we separated.

I was thinking about the explanations that I would show to the teacher in questions, but I have decided to shake them off, since I want to act and defend myself on the spot. Not thinking about it now makes me feel that I am right with my decisions.

 

"So, now. Agriculture is not just about plants. It is chained with--" The teacher was cut off as a slam was heard. I was shocked as my body vibrated in horror.

"CHANYEOL! YOU ARE MAKING NOISE!" He shouted.

"So what? Continue with your discussion whatever." He said rudely.

"What is happening to you? You were a bright student back then!" The teacher said.

"But not now. He's with us now." Kai said, answering the teacher without respect.

"And who told you--"

"That phrase again? It's so repetitive!" Sehun said as the teacher spun around.

"Get out or the room! The three of you."

"We would like to join the fun too." Suho, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo said in unison.

"You--" he said as the six stepped out of the classroom. Murmurs spread around the room.

"He's so cool!"

"Awesome."


I cannot quite capture why they still love them, although they're being disrespectful.

"Agriculture is...quiet!" The teacher shouted as the people around me stopped. 

He continued with the discussion peacefully as the classes ended.

"Class dismissed, and I do hope that you won't imitate those rude students."  the teacher said and left.

"Rude? Who's rude?!" A girl asked, mocking the teacher.

"The six, of course." I answered in chorus.

"How dare you--" They said and left the classroom. Now, I am alone. Being a person who runs in the honors and is one of the black belters, I hate to admit that I am clumsy and slow with things. I reached for the locker as a student, the one whom I debated with a while ago, closed the lights and shut the door. I did not mind it, because the knob with the lock was on my side. I placed my things on the locker as I reached for the handle, but I cannot open it.

I stood up on a chair as I saw a rope attached to the knob.

I reached for the other, but it was the same.

"Help!" I shouted, but the pathway seemed to be clear. I kicked the door, but I have failed. I kicked it again, and failed again. See, our door is made of thick metal, and I have not had enough training yet to approach the strength that could beat the material.

I sat down as I shouted from time to time, now, my throat is dried, and my voice is getting hoarse.

I laid myself on a wall as I heard a voice.

"You know, I really hate her."

"Yeah, me too."

Male voices, familliar to me--K, walked in the pathway.

"Help!" I shouted as they laughed.

"Is that Saerum?"

"Poor her."

They grabbed a chair from the other section as they stared up to me. All of them laughed and stared at me.

"So helpless." Chanyeol said, which sent an arrow straight to my heart. He really is influenced, I see. They have shut the windows, which made me hard to breath. I cannot reach for the windows on the other side of the room; I can't move my feet. I feel like collapsing, and I feel tired.

"Let's see her condition again later." Kai said as the voices faltered.

I can feel my eyes closing, and I let them be.

Chanyeol's P.o.V.

We left Saerum on the room as we went downstairs, laughing. 

"Oh, you're searching for Saerum? We're searching for her too." a voice said. I hurried a little so I could take a better view at the speakers.

I saw M, with the man I beated up yesterday.

"Let's search for her together, then." They said.

"I have already searched the whole school, but I found no tracks of her. A few rooms were locked, and I don't want to barge in." the man said.

"Myungsoo, right? Let's go and find her!" Chen said.

"Alright. "

"Friends?" Xiumin asked.

"Friends." He answered as I chuckled at the meeting. It's too weak. They're not as manly as our group.

"Let me guess. I will be saying a quote for us to cheer on and find Saerum, and probably, you have already heard of it from her." Luhan said as Myungsoo nodded with a smile.

"Grip on." All of them said as I felt my time stop.

"They called you weak? Don't worry. Grip on."

"Don't worry Chanyeol. I'm here for you. Grip oon~"

"Fighting! Grip on."

"Grip on and on and on~"


I felt my body froze as I realized that I am heading back to the classroom.

"Have you searched upstairs?"

"No."

"Then let's go."

I felt the K looking at me questionably.

"Why are you coming back?" asked Suho.

"You're too excited to see her suffering." Sehun laughed.

"Let her be for a while." Baekhyun said.

I can hear Saerum's gang's footsteps coming near as I attempted to unroll the knots on the rope.

"Saerum's there, is she not?" A voice asked--Luhan. I stared at him as I went back to untying the knot.

"Aish, that girl. She does not learn, does she? I told her to see me for extra training, but she's so stubborn." Luhan said as he kicked the door calmly. The door slammed into the floor as  he entered.

"Saerum." He said calmly, attempting to hear her reply as he stopped, looking to his left.

"Saerum!" He shouted as I peeked through the doorframe.

There, Saerum lay, her arms clinging onto her bag, with her back resting on the wall. Luhan checked her fingers quickly. I switched the lights on, only to see her fingers turning black.

Luhan carried her with one of his hands behind her neck, and the other below her knees.

The others stood in shock as Luhan ran. After that, the M followed with Myungsoo, is that his name? I suppose.

"Let's see her suffer." Sehun said and smirked as they followed to the clinic.

-----

The nurse welcomed them there as she was given the first aid. 

"What had happened?!" the nurse asked in panic.

"She was locked in the room." Myungsoo informed.

"Nurse Jean! Please guard this girl." The nurse said as she came and let the group sit down.

"You, all of you, enter." She said, staring at us as we followed.

"Who are involved in this case?" She asked like a kindergarten teacher as the seven pointed at us.

"Run!" Kai said as he grabbed me by the wrists. The M followed us, without Myungsoo. Probably because of his weak frame.

We two corners. We escaped out of the school and ran cheering around and screaming with joy. The ones running behind us have the great advantage, for they have been taking lessons every other day.

"Gotcha." A voice said as I saw Sehun being pulled away.

"Gotcha too." Another said, Xiumin, as he captured Kai. Each of them were caught one by one, as I was the one left hanging.

I ran and ran, until I reached the highway.

Luhan's P.o.V.

We almost reached the highway as I saw him beginning to cross the street. But there is one huge problem. A huge problem. Yes, a huge truck is approaching him. He stepped as I pulled him back, letting the truck pass, beeping its horn.

I pulled him with me as I punched his face.

I pulled him again.

"What? Why did you save me?" He asked.

"Do you think that Saerum will be overwhelmed with you being hit with a truck?" I asked as he paused.

"Just follow." I said and he did.

"Why did you lock Saerum up?" He asked.

" I didn't."

"But you did not help her."

"Should I?"

"Of course! She has the greatest fear of darkness and isolation!" I shouted as his steps stopped. He was taken aback.

"I don't care." He replied coldly as I stared at him.

"What if I tell you that you are the reason behind that fear?" I asked as he stopped and looked at me.

"I am?"

"Just kidding, I don't care."

Chanyeol's P.o.V.

"Just kidding. I don't care." I said, but it was otherwise. Deep inside my heart,

I care.