Class Talk ft. Kris

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum's P.o.V.

I stretched my feet as I looked at the door in front of me. Since mom came up to explain things to Chanyeol, the fight somewhat cooled off. I heard my room's door creak as I pulled my blanket and pretended to sleep. I peeked for a while, only to see dad. He usually comes late, and I only get the chance to meet him during breakfast. He opened the door towards the balcony as he heaved a sigh. Afterwards, another door opened, the one coming from the other house. I suppose Chanyeol already is sleeping right now, because since he got influenced, he played music until he slept.

"I heard that our kids fought." Dad said. To whom he was talking, I do not know. I would probably recognize if he or she speaks.

"Yes, and I really am worried right now." Another female voice said. It was Chanyeol's mother. 

"I suppose we should end it, should we not? I do not mean the fight, I mean our promise." Dad said. Curious, I am indeed.

"So you're just going to give it up like that?" She said with an annoyed tone.

"I..it's not like I want to give it up. But I don't want our children to carry our burden. I want them to live their lives freely." He explained.

"Alright, alright. We'll just push them to their limits, but if they decline, then I guess we can't do anything about it." She said.

"Let's push them on from now on." My dad said.

"Alright. If that's what we need."

"Good night, Mrs. Park."

"Good night, Mr. Kang."

The doors shut quickly as I heard my dad hop outside the room. My thoughts were kept within me, letting me sleep with burden.

---------

"Saeruuuum! Ireona!" A slightly irritated voice shouted. It definitely was not from my mother, and it definitely was not from my father. I sat down as I looked around, but found sight of no one.

"Over here." A stern and plain voice said as I saw a silhouette from the door of the balcony. I opened it, curious on who it is, only to find Chanyeol.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Mom said that I should wake you up, for peacemaking." He said, looking away.

"So you're in good terms now, huh." I remarked as he gritted his teeth.

"Of course I would respect my parents above all. Except for you, and everybody else." He said as his eyes drifted on me.

"Take. A. Bath. Now." He said, stressing the words.

"We're going to be late." he said again, not moving from his position.

"Why, oh, why. Go back to your house. We? I'm going to school alone." I said, reminiscing the events that occurred a few days ago.

"Mom insisted me to. With dad." He said as I nodded.

"Oh, if your dad's included, of course you would follow." I said, teasing him.

"Just prepare for school!" He shouted, grabbing the towel neatly folded on the desk and pushed it towards me.

"Alright, alright." I said as he stormed out of the room.

-----

I came downstairs only to see my parents beaming their smiles at me.

"What's the matter?" I asked as they went back to their usual activities.

"You're going with Chanyeol to school, alright?" They said.

"Even the two of you?" I asked and stared at them with disbelief. They just smiled as I went outside.

"I'm going." I said and faced the road.

"Let's go." Chanyeol said. Based on his looks, he must have been waiting for me.

"Don't mistake me, alright? I just did this because my father told me so. " He said as I nodded.

"And don't misunderstand, my parents told me to go with you to school. " I said as he nodded in understanding.

He paced faster than mine, and I let him be.

"Don't want to be seen with me, huh. You've really changed." I murmured.

"I heard that." He said as I smiled behind him.

"That was my real goal." I said as I went to our room.

We continued with our flag ceremony, just like the usual. After that, the teacher told us to sit down.

"I wish to announce a few matters regarding your joint project with another section." He said as all of us drew our attention to him.

"Alright. As all of you know, our foundation day, the day this school was founded, will occur in a few weeks. All of us, the teachers, have decided you to compete with each other in making business-like booths. You will be joining another classroom, so your cast would be around eighty, for each classroom has a population of forty, which is just a rough estimation. Our foundation day will occur for a whole week, and the teachers would monitor your market, your interactions with the clients, and your popularity. Each subject will take its place in the project. For example, Mathematics. You will be given money by the customers, and you will solve it, matching it with the amount you have earned. In Science, you will be using one branch, at least, for your booth. Two teachers have told me their plans, the Mathematics, and the Science, as you can see. The other teachers will be announcing it with you.

"President, please come up the platform to plan with your classmates." The teacher said.

"I would like to ask something before coming up the platform, teacher." I said as he looked at me questionably.

"As you can see, we should be planning it with the other classroom. Two ideas might sprout, and it would not be good if we would start an argument, so I request that I should call on their president at once." I said as the teacher nodded in understanding.

"Very well. I will be calling him." He said and stormed out of the room. A few remarks were told by my classmates as I tapped the table thrice; they shut their mouths. 

I still am nervous with ruling this classroom, although we are on the second quarter of the schoolyear. You see, I am not good at everything. I am only good with academics, but I don't know if I could deal with leadership. But based on their reactions, I guess I could handle it, but not that much.

"Alright. Recommendations open." I said as many raised their hands.

"Our market should be targeted for many people, not just a few." I said and wrote: kids, teens, adults, and elderly.

A few raised their hands as I warmly accepted their recommendations. The other president probably listed the recommendations of his or her classmates, because he took long.

"Maid cafe!" One shouted as the other defended.

"It would only be for boys!" They said. I am somehow glad that they were the ones who burst the mistakes of the other, because I am getting tensed up as time comes by.

"I have a recommendation. What about faking a murder case?" I said, but someone seemed to echo my voice.

"Omoo! You said the same things at the same time!" They said and looked at the two of us, they stared at Chanyeol and I in awe.

"Alright, like Chanyeol said, I would like to fake a murder case. Correct me if our ideas are different." I said and continued on, but was cut off with a knock on the door.

"Hey, Kris." I said.

"You're the class president?" He asked as I nodded.

"So your class would be the one who would be partners with ours." He said in understanding as he greeted my classmates.

"Annyeong haseyo. Kris here." He said as the girls murmured.

"Isn't he cute?"

"He's tall!"

"Not to mention handsome."

I smiled at their compliments as Kris flustered. 

"We will be discussing about a certain topic now. Did your classmates make up ideas as well?" I asked as he shook his head.

"They ended up arguing, and we had to stop two groups that battled for a horror house and a restaurant. But those ideas seemed to be inconsistent." Kris explained as I nodded.

"What about the murder case?" My classmates asked as I continued.

"As you can see, we could set two classrooms up for investigations. One would act dead and they would be the ones investigating. One room for the murder place, and another room for the interview place. We could act like the witnesses and one would be the killer. But eighty? I guess we have to use a large place." I narrated.

"Coooool!" All of them said.

"We could set a elegant party up! And someone gets stabbed or shot!" Another classmate said.

"Alright. First, we would give them invitations for the party, and they  would see the whole scenario. They would not know who the victim is, but they will see what happened before the murder occurred." I said as they nodded.

"For example, let's say Sehun's the killer, Kai's the trap, Kris is the victim, and I am the investigator. Kai is not in good terms with Kris, and they argued during the party, which the guests, including me, have witnessed. After a while, Kai storms out of the room, and he is followed by Kris. Little did I, the investigator know, that Sehun followed after. A scream was heard, and Kris was found dead, with Kai standing beside him. But what really happened is, Sehun went first with Kris, and killed him. Kai entered after hearing a scream that only he has heard, as another scream came out, which was what the guests heard, and he was framed for doing so. Now I, the customer slash investigator, will solve the case. You, the cast, will be giving false statements and real statements for the clients to identify. A few guests would play major characters, as the victim's girlfriend, the victim's butler, and such. A few lies and clues will be with them. Get it?" I asked as they clapped.

"Woooh! I'm excited!!!!" They said as I smiled in contentment.

"Chanyeol, is that what you think of too?" I asked as he nodded.

'Will it be alright with your class, Kris?" I asked again as he smiled.

"They'll like it." He said.