Honor

Last Genuine Smile

Author's note. From now on, I will be narrating on Saerum's point of view. A few chapters would occur that it would be others', but I would be notifying all of you.

-- 

I found myself sitting on the living room with Sehun on my side. Although it has not occurred to me that she would scold me with this, I know that with her, there is no problem with asking. 

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Kang. I am very much sorry for the bother that I have caused." He stood up and bowed. There, my mother greeted her back with a smile and a 'good morning'. 

"Oh, take a seat." My mom invited as she stared at Sehun with calm eyes. Even though she has known her as a not-so-good boy because of the deeds he has done before, my mom was so caring that she did not include the impressions that was planted on her. 

Sehun followed accordingly with given respect and politeness. These virtues were very different from his first meeting with my mother. No wonder he is part of a large company.

"I would like to ask some favor from you and your daughter, Mrs. Kang." He replied and gave her a bow. 

I let the two of them sit down as I went to the kitchen to mix some juice and create some sandwiches. A few times Sehun would glance at me with daggers, portraying that he is asking why I dragged him here, but most of the time, he spends his time answering the questions my mother asks. 

See, I have been very close with my family, and I would not let even small matters slip. And this is why these matters in which normal people would keep in secret cannot be kept within me. 

I placed three glasses of juice and three slices of sandwiches in front of them as I sat down and joined the conversation. Now that I joined, I knew that we should be straight with the matters. 

"Now, what makes you come here, Sehun?" My mother finally questioned. 

He took a deep breath and clenched his fists. I knew he is preparing to blurt the things that he want to.

Sehun is not a natural talkative person, I have noticed. He usually uses it to poke around and meddle with people's things, but most of it, he would keep silent. He may be the leader of their team, but I know that he is very straight to the point. 

"He likes to ask a great favour from us. His mother is planning to arrange his marriage with another girl, but being the Sehun he is, he wants to find fate on his own. That is when I would take cover.I would fake things just like with the dramas that you are watching." I said as my mother nodded. Sehun stared at me and nodded too. 

"You see, Sehun, this is not a good thing to do. You should just follow your parents." My mother created a very reasonable and a very consistent statement, but I am pretty much sure that she is not yet finished with it. 

I felt that he lost his confidence, but I guess I did not. Being a person, I have felt disappointment too, and I greatly admit...that it is one of the most saddening parts in life. 

"But of course, you are Sehun, am I right? You are not the heir of the Oh Corporations. You are Sehun. But someday, I know, the future will tell it for you. You could be Doctor Sehun, CEO Sehun, or many more. But you will be the one to create it. That is why we will help you." She said and smiled. There, Sehun's eyes widened as I cheered up for him. 

"Aye, aye, Sehun-ah!" I chanted as he smiled, genuinely. 

"Thank you very much, Miss Kang, and Mrs. Kang."

 

I stared at the door in front of my room blankly and closed the book that I am holding. It is already seven in the evening, but I have not seen Chanyeol enter his house yet. I am probably used with Chanyeol's past schedule, but I guess he has really changed right now. 

I stood up immediately as I heard a soft swift of cloth from behind. 

"Chanyeol?" I whispered and turned around, but I was shocked to see his mom. 

"Miss Park. Good evening." I greeted as she replied the same. 

"Chanyeol has not come home yet. I have been contacting people who would have known his whereabouts, but I have not gained progress. Do you know where he is?" She asked with concerned eyes. 

"No, ma'am. I could just look for him. I will just be fixing myself for a while." I answered as she deliberately shook her head. 

"It is dangerous, Saerum. I would not like a lady to come search for a man. A man should know what he is doing." She said as I nodded and apologized that I could be of no help. 

"And Saerum, please wake Chanyeol up when you do earlier. I would tell him to do the same too." She said as I nodded. 

"No need to do the same for me, ma'am. I could do it without any exchange." I answered as she shook her head and smiled. 

"I want him to be responsible for his actions too."

"Saerum! I forgot to tell you something!" My mom shouted from downstairs as I was about to sleep. 

"What is it mom?" 

"Wake Chanyeol up tomorrow! And let him do the honor to be your butler in going to school."  

"Alright mom! But would it not be a bother for him to wait for me in front of the door?" 

"Then do the honor for him! If he does not, then you do it." 

"Alright. Good night mom. Pray before you sleep."

A light was broken, but another was .

May the one broken be fixed,

because that is the one I need the most.