It ain't over

Last Genuine Smile

 

Saerum’s P.o.V

“Alright, bring the things assigned to you tomorrow, including the costume.” I said as all of us stood up and made our way outside. Since this is the planning day, the teachers are not present, since they will be clients too.

I ran my finger through my hair as I walked down the corridor.  I looked around, hoping to see Jungkook. Since I met him, I have been searching for him with my eyes. And since then, my attention was easily driven by men who shares the same body frame as his. I go looking around like a paranoid; only to be disappointed.

“Saerum!” A voice shouted as I turned around.

I thought it was Jungkook, but it was only Luhan.

“Sup.” I  answered with a plain tone.

“Will you go to lunch with the M today?” He asked as I shook my head.

“No,  why?” I asked as he nodded.

“A...ah, right.”  He said with a sheepish smile.

“Why, you ask?” I inquired as he laughed.

“I have three letters today.”He said, laughing and scratching the back of his neck shyly.

“You have been gaining fans these past few days?” I asked as he nodded.

“I suppose. Since we fought with K, our fame rose up a bit.” He humbly answered.

“A bit?” I asked as the two of us chuckled.

“I’m not popular.” He said as I just nodded, when in reality, I know that he was just being humble.

“Alright, alright.” I said as he thanked me. The two of us waved at each other and parted.

I made my way through the house as I heard voices on the school gates.

“Hello, miss.” A voice said.

“Hello there.” Another replied. My eyes searched for the speaker only to find Chanyeol...with a girl.

He laughed with her as I shook my head and drove my gaze away. A frown formed on my face as I did, but I paused to hear what they are talking about for a while.

“Wanna go to the coffee shop?” Chanyeol invited as the girl cheered.

“Of course.” She said as they walked away.

I heard a few footsteps come near me as I felt a presence behind me.

“Who is it?” I asked without looking.

“Sehun.” He said as I faced him.

“See those two? You can never experience it.” He said as the members behind howled remarks. I shook my head as I continued walking, but they seemed to be following me.

“Bogoshipoooo~.” Sehun teased as I rolled my eyes.

“Can you ever hear those words? I guess you can’t.” Kai said, hanging his hand on my shoulder lazily as all of them laughed again. I slapped his hand away and gripped on my bag as every syllable pierced my heart.

“Jagiya.” A sweet voice said as I turned my head; Jungkook. He smiled at me as I went towards him.

“Jagi~” I answered as the two of us looked at the gang.

“You’re dating a nerd?” Suho asked as Baekhyun followed.

“Guess you don’t really have a choice.” He said.

“Or taste.” Kyungsoo said as they laughed.

“Don’t insult him.” I said as Jungkook pressed my shoulders and looked away.

“He has a golden heart that matches his face, I am sorry for you.” I answered as the two of us walked away.

As we reached the streets, he blocked me and smiled shyly.

“I...I’m going now. Sorry for calling you like that. I just matched it with the situation.” He said as I nodded. He paced a few steps as I abruptly stopped him.

“Wait.” I said as he looked at me.

“Thank...thank you, Jungkook-sshi.” I said as he smiled.

“You could call me oppa.” He said and ran.

I made my way home with a wide smile on my face.

“I’m home.” I said as my mom noticed my jolliness.

“What’s with you, Kang Saerum?” She asked as I shook my head.

“Nothing much, mom.” I said and climbed upstairs to do my tasks, just like the usual.

After I finished them, I dragged a chair to my terrace and sat down. I stared at the surroundings before me. Trees, flowers, and butterflies; they never cease to comfort me.

I held the wooden railings of my balcony as I stared at the other one in front of me.

I miss him.

His room was enclosed with a wooden door. I have noticed that the plant resting by the balcony side is getting withered too. I suppose he has not come out of his room since he got involved in that certain gang.

I picked a glass of water and stretched my arms, watering the plant. I smiled and continued back to my seat.

Other things must not be involved with his change, I feel worried for the plant over here.

 I stared at his empty door for a minute or two, recalling the things that we have talked over.

After a while, I heard a glass being broken coming from downstairs. I stormed on the staircase only to see mom peacefully  peeling carrots.

“Did you hear a plate that broke?” I inquired as she nodded. Then, another one came.

“It was probably from the next household.” I said as I went to grab my shoes.

“You’re going?” She asked calmly as I nodded.

“We don’t know if a crime is going on there. Better be safe than sorry.” I said as she nodded and laughed.

“I won’t warn you to take care, my child. I’ll be warning the criminal.” She said as the two of us chuckled.

I opened the door and paced through the cement blocks connecting to the next house. I knocked the door and pressed the doorbell, but I heard nothing.

“Is everything alright, Mrs. Park?” I asked but no one answered. I opened the door as I heard shouts coming from Mrs. Park.

“PARK CHANYEOL!” She shouted as I heard Chanyeol laugh. Another one came as I heard footsteps. As I unbolted the door fully, Mrs. Park noticed my presence.

“I am sorry for intruding. I thought that something might have been happening here.” I said and bowed. I looked at Mrs. Park whose face is turning tomato red. It was probably from  the anger which Chanyeol caused. I felt that she was turning into a daze as I escorted her on a chair.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you, Saerum. It’s just Chanyeol.” She said and paused.

“What happened, ma’am?” I asked as I took a glass of water from their kitchen. She took a sip and placed it neatly on the table sitting beside her.

“That boy. He said that he already has a girlfriend.” She narrated as I nodded.

“I was cleaning the table when he stormed in. I asked why he was happy as he answered rudely. He said it was none of my business. I frowned at him as he chuckled and blurted that he already has a girlfriend and such.” She said as I nodded.

“Should I--?” I asked as she shook her head in an instant.

“No. His father should be the one. That boy, getting rude and rude each day.” She said as I massaged her shoulders.

“Saerum, don’t think that you could gain support by helping the people around me and turning them to your side.” A voice was heard from upstairs.

“And don’t think that they will stay by your side forever.” I shouted and smiled.

“I’m sorry for answering your child, Mrs. Park.” I apologized as she waved her hands in negation.

“No, it’s alright. He’s being rude.” She said as I laughed. After a while, I took my leave and went back to our house. I narrated what had happened to my mother as she nodded in understanding.

-----

I entered the school’s premises as I saw my classmates sitting around lazily.

“Please move the chairs outside.” I requested politely.

“No thanks.” They replied politely yet rudely. I suppose they have been influenced by the members of that gang. The girls frowned at me as I moved a few.

“Please.” I said as they laughed.

“Don’t act tough. Sehun has narrated your actions to us.” A girl said and stood up. I bit my lip and continued pushing the chairs.

“Then move yourselves outside.” Kris said as they immediately stood up and fixed the chairs.

“No, I said, move yourselves outside.” Kris said as the girls frowned.

“Oppaaa~~!!” They squealed as Kris looked at them.

“Call that gang for me instead, and I’ll be giving out a good lecture.” He said as they followed solemnly, much to my contentment.

After a few minutes, they came back with no person alongside them.

“They’re nowhere to be found.” They said as we nodded in understanding.

We have decided to let them be and give the teachers the knowledge that they were nowhere to be found.

Lunch came as I escaped out of the room.  I heard a few squeals behind me; portraying that the K is here. I continued walking as I heard insulting remarks coming from them.

“Of course all of you are beautiful—except for Kang Saerum.” They said as I shook my head. I saw Sehun walking near me and hung his arm lazily around me suddenly. I slapped it away but he placed it back.

I pushed him away, but he still followed me.

“Stop insulting me.” I said as he chuckled.

You’ll never escape our gang once you have caused trouble to one of the members.”