I think I'm a Lucky Guy

Last Genuine Smile

Chanyeol's P.o.V.

As I began walking the corridor, I heard punches, kicks...and sobs. It came from a female, and I am sure of it.

I trailed the voice as it led me to a room, which, as far as I know, not being used at the meantime. I opened it and noticed a figure with a punching bag in front of her. The surroundings were dim, but the sun's rays were enough for me to recognize who the person is.

"Saerum?" I asked, but she seemed not to notice me and sobbed again. She kicked the bag hard as it fell on the floor. I opened the lights as her gaze drifted on me.

"Saerum." I said but she frowned. She pushed me outside, but I stopped her before my feet completely step on the tiles outside.

"Why are you crying?" I asked and sent her petrified looks.

"None of your business." She said and pushed me outside. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

It bothered me a bit,

but it's just nothing.

Saerum's P.o.V.

“It does not mean that if you are strong, you could apply your so-called strength to the class."

" Is that all you can prove?"

The words came boldly to me as tears flowed in my face. I held my bruised cheek, not minding the pang of pain clinging.

"Don't be like them."

And I thought that he would not be like them.

"Alright. Alright."

But what did I even do?

I trusted his words.  Maybe too much.

I have expected this, and I hope that I could be strong.

I walked on the corridor as I passed through the garden. For the first time, I wanted to be alone. I was about to step on the blocked pathway as I saw a figure: Chanyeol. Hana's figure just disappeared from the scene as he stood there, still blank.

"She's good, unlike Saerum who only loves to fake her strength." He chuckled and sat on the bench.

 I clutched my fists as I walked slowly, bending my head down. I went inside the training room that the M and I have used before. Dusty and worthless as it may seem, yet more than enough to accompany me with my loneliness.

I cried and cried, not minding about the tick of the clock. I drained my strength along with anger. Punches, and kicks: They were the best problem solvers for me. I finally stopped, and rested my head on the punching bag. After a while, the lights opened.

"Saerum." A familiar voice asked as I recognized the person: Chanyeol. I stared at him and pushed him towards the door.

"Why are you crying?" Chanyeol asked, but little did he know, he was the reason. I pushed him away again.

“None of your business.” I answered as he nodded and escaped out of the room. I somehow know that he would not mind what is happening nor what my feelings are. I have decided to keep him away, for he will not console nor help me. He will just tease and step on me.

 I sat on the bench by the wall as I leaned my head on its wooden straps. Chanyeol’s presence is nowhere to be heard, and his footsteps have faded, but again, I have noticed, that there was another set that seemed to come. 

The door opened as I stood and stared at the person.

He was giving out a plain emotion. His hair was cut into the school's standards, and his face is pretty too. His eyes are cheerful and happy, but I can see the loneliness hidden in it. His gaze drifted towards me as he gave an apologetic yet lonely look.

"Ah...I'm sorry for bothering." He said and bowed.  He was about to walk on the corridor when suddenly, consciousness came to me.

"Wait." I said as he turned around and looked back.

"You could use it, I'm going in a while, anyway." I said as he nodded.

"Thank you. And what makes you go here? I usually am here but I don't get to see you." He asked as I shook my head. He entered the room as I held the door’s handle.

"Nothing." I said and smiled at him. He laughed as he rested his back on the wall just by the door, and sitting his legs on the floor.

"Lies." He said and looked at me. I faced him as he took a handkerchief and stood up, extending his arm to me.

"You were crying." He said and held my shoulder, placing the piece of cloth in my face. There, he swayed the handkerchief left and right, wiping my tears away. I endured the pain, since his hands are pressing on my cheek.

The pain in my cheek cannot match the comfort that this stranger is giving to me, so I let him be.

"You...you can't stand your problems, huh?" He asked and his gaze fell on me. I just nodded in response as he smiled more. He released his hand from my face and clenched his fists.

"Me too." He said as a tear flowed in his cheek. I grabbed the handkerchief that rests in my pocket and did the same thing he did to me. He chuckled as I thought of words that could comfort him, that could comfort me too.

“It will be alright. Grip on.” I said and smiled at him.

“Can...I know your name?” He asked as I nodded.

“Saerum. Kang Saerum.” I said as he nodded in comprehension.

“I’m Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” He said as the two of us smiled and chuckled.

“It’s so hard, right?” He asked as his gaze turned to the small window by the left side of the room, letting the ray of lights flow on his face. I nodded as I got a better view of his his face more.

He drifted his gaze at me and smiled.

“What is bothering yo--” He said but was cut off.

“Saerum, are you there?” A voice asked as I looked at him.

“I guess it’s time. I hope we meet again.” He said as I nodded.

“The next lunch, I suppose?” I said and laughed.

“Alright, alright.” He said as I nodded.

“And I hope, we could share our problems. Nice meeting you.” I said as he smiled back.

“Nice meeting you too.” He said as I opened the door.

“Kris. Oh, I’m here. Does the class need me now?” I asked and shut the door.

“Who’s inside?” He asked as I shook my head.

“No one.” I answered nervously. Fortunately, he was convinced.

It is nice, very nice meeting you, Jungkook.