We're a Perfect Harmony

Last Genuine Smile

Saerum’s P.o.V.
 

Our teachers told us to plan the whole day to avoid changes. By tomorrow, as they have said, we should begin setting things up.

I looked at Chanyeol, who seemed not interested with the topic. Automatically, his gang is not listening too. Instead, they distracted themselves with playing.

I still forgive them, although they were the ones responsible in doing the worst things that had happened in my life. Yet, I still am concerned with them – for they still are my classmates, and always will they be. I have tried to set the things that occurred aside, and have tried to  forget, for this is business, and there is no time for personal matters. But every time I look at them, I cannot feel anything but my anger toiling.

 

After a while, chatters were heard from outside as Kris’ classmates occupied the space left in the room.

“I am sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to do this in order to have a well-made performance.” Kris apologized as all of them nodded understandingly. I smiled at M, which happened to be Kris’ classmates, as they smiled back.

“I don’t want to be with our enemies.” Chanyeol said and placed his foot on the chair in front of him.

“Yeah. K comes before M, therefore, we should be prioritized.” Baekhyun muttered as I smiled. Kris slowly closed both doors and looked at them with a sharp stare.

“But that only exists in the alphabet.” Kris said and smiled.

“We are at the first, always.” Luhan defended.

“And you could only beat us in the alphabet, which we wholeheartedly accept.” Chen said, stood and bowed, looking at them. The whole class sent murmurs and ‘boo’s’.

“Quiet, please.” I said.

“Then why don’t you stop blabbering nonsense things?” Suho asked as Kris smiled.

“But why are you doing so too?” He asked as I slammed the desk with all my might. Nervousness came along with me, I was not used to leading people; I just follow my teacher’s orders. I do not have the talent of leadership, I suppose.

“Shut up, all of you." I said as they calmed down. But one thing I noticed, they were all gaping. 

Why are your mouths open in shock?” I asked as M laughed hysterically.

“Nice one, Saerum.” Xiumin said as I looked at them questionably.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked as I placed my hands on the desk; but I was shocked to see that no wood welcomed my palms. I looked downwards only to see the table...broken.

My eyes widened in shock as I controlled my laugh.

“I’m terribly sorry.” I said with a sheepish smile. The K group rolled their eyes and looked away.

“Acting tough.”

“Acting brave.”

“And acting like she can lead the class.”

"Acting strong."

"And like she is the strongest woman in this class."

"You're boasting that you are good in Taekwondo? Is that all you can prove?" Chanyeol asked as I clenched my fists. I controlled my tears as Kris pressed my left hand for support. I released my grip as I nodded understandingly.

He is not your friend, and he is not Chanyeol anymore.

Their members looked at me with anger as I swallowed hard.

“Continuing, let us not mind about the table. Saerum will fix it afte—“ Kris said as Chanyeol slammed his desk.

“It does not mean that if you are strong, you could apply your so-called strength to the class. I’m bored, let’s go guys.” Chanyeol said and walked towards the door.

“You are not going anywhere. It doesn’t mean that if you’re a kingka, you could go anywhere you want.” I said, blocking the door. I suppose this is all I can do.

“Saerum. Let them be.” Lay said as I shook my head.

“I’ve had enough.” I said as they went back to their seats in defeat. They sent me daggers as I pushed them away.

“Alright. Our school’s foundation day lasts for a week. We cannot use the  same case all over that span of time. Our market will be shortened and our popularity will not rise upwards. We will have seven to eight in the morning to set our props, and we will have nine hours for the business. We will be staying here until five in the afternoon.” I said as their eyes widened.

“FIVE? IN THE AFTERNOON?!” They  exclaimed as I nodded.

“E-even I could not believe it.” I said with a stuttering tone.

“We have eighty people in here,  and we have six cases—one and a half hour each case. Approximately, we need thirteen people at least for each case, and we need thirty cases for the whole week.” I  narrated as they nodded.

“Thirty cases? Man, that’s hard.” One said as I nodded.

“If you  do not want to memorize lines, raise your hands, you will be on the advertisement team. Don’t worry, you’ll still be wearing costumes.” I said as people raised their hands. I counted them one by one as everyone placed their hands down.

“Fourteen.” I said as they nodded.

“So, we only have sixty-six for the case.” I said, but I guess it still is too much. I hope we could manage.

“It’s too much.” Kris whispered as I nodded.

“I am going to give major roles to the people who have low grades to improve them.”I said as all of them smiled.

“Yaay! I’ll finally improve!” A girl said as I nodded.

--

I have decided that it would be unfair if only a few get to perform, that is why we changed the first plans and came up with a conclusion that each day, you will be  assigned in one committee.

In my case, I will be performing on the first day, advertise on the second day, be in charged of the props on the third day, be on the assistance committee, or the one who helps the actors, on the fourth and fifth day, I will act again.

I have settled things out and jotted all of the details in my journal. I went downstairs alone and ate since the M brought their lunches. I sat down with my plate and grabbed the spoon.

"May I sit?" A female asked as I looked up.She seems a person with serious and blunt attitude, and she's pretty too. I nodded as she took her place in front of me. Not a long time after, I heard a bunch of females scream.

"Them again, the K group. I hate them." She said as a chuckle escaped her lips.

"I hate them too." I said and continued eating.

"What's your name?" She asked me with fascinated eyes.

"Saerum, Kang Saerum." I said as she smiled.

"I'm Jung Hana." She said and smiled.

"Friends?"

"Friends."

As they say, the ladies who hate together,stick together. 

I fiddled with the edge of the plate as I heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Good morning, can I have a seat?" A voice asked as I looked upwards; Chanyeol.

I was about to open my mouth as he spoke.

"I am not asking you, Saerum, I am asking her." He said as I took a spoon filled with food and placed it in my mouth. I looked up to him with fake questionably eyes and answered.

"Excuse me, whom are you talking to? Did you call me?" I asked as he shook his head, ignoring me.

Here we are again.I have to stay strong.

She did not dare look at him and just nodded, which, I suppose, annoyed him. He sat down beside her and began to chat, but she answered shortly.

"How's the weather today?" Chanyeol asked as Hana looked at me.

"It's fine, I suppose. You're finished eating, right, Saerum? Let's go." She said as I nodded and placed the plate on the dish bin, leaving Chanyeol speechless.

Chanyeol's P.o.V.

This girl, Hana, is hard to get, is she not? She is pretty, but somehow cold towards kingkas, but I guess she has a fluffy attitude inside.

I finsihed my food as the gang went near me.

"Failed?"

"Nope." I answered with a small smile creeping on my face.

Just by thinking about her makes my heart flutter, it is the first time I have seen her in the campus. 

I stretched my arms as all of us finished eating. We roamed around to impress girls, but my real goal is to find Hana. I searched for her at every classroom, but found no sight. I walked around with the gang as I saw her, on a bench, just by the school's garden, reading peacefully.

"I'm going to go to the garden." I said as questioning looks marked on the member's faces.

I entered the garden, but she seemed not to notice me. I sat quietly as her attention got bragged at me.

"Hello." I said as she nodded.

"Hi." She answered and flipped a page, continuing with her reading.

"Could you at least place your book down and talk to me?" I asked as she flipped another page.

"There's nothing to talk about to." She said and close her book. She stood up as I followed.

"Where do you usually go?" I asked as she looked at me with plain eyes.

"Who are you to meddle with my schedule?" She asked and left. Her figure disappeared slowly as I stared without shifting my position.

She's good, is she not?

 

--

Alright guys. I have decided to make a format in this era. I will be alternating happy and sad chapters. In short, the routine of the chapters will be: happy, sad, happy, sad. If anyone notices a trick that I have placed, in the next chapters, I will be giving him/her a one-shot with her/his bias, from any group. kekeke~