Girlfriends (Min-Ah & Sungmin ver.)

Our Life Story

Min-Ah's POV

"I feel like being lied to." I sighed, shaking my head at my brother. "So you've been dating her for two months already and you never told me?"

"I'm sorry." A girl beside him whose name I don't even know spoke. "I should've introduced myself sooner." She shook her head. 

Ming oppa tried to comfort her, unconsciously doing aegyo again. "Ani, Rina." Oh, so her name was Rina. "It's my fault."

I sighed again. It was kind of awkward for me to see my brother do this kind of thing in front of me. "Okay, both of you are not at fault. It's not that I'm against all of this but yeah, welcome to the Lee family, sister-in-law." I grinned, holding a thumbs up.

Rina-ssi blushed. "Eh?"

"Yah! Min-ah!" My broher pouted.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh let's face it. You need to get married, old man." 

"You're hanging out with Kyu too much that his evilness is actually rubbing on you." He sighed, in disbelief. A smile formed on his face after. "But thanks anyway." He gave me a quick hug and awkwardly looked away, declaring that he was hungry so that he could leave the two of us alone. "I'm hungry. You two stay here and I'll go get something to eat. Have a girl talk or something."

I rolled my eyes and waited as he closed the door behind him softly. When I sensed that his presence was far away, I faced the girl in front of me. "So..." I looked at her as she faced me, somehow acting cutely. "...where is Rina-ssi from?"

"Ah." She grinned, clasping her hands in delight. Woah. "I'm from Seoul." 

I nodded, kind of surprised at her actions. "I see..." I narrowed my eyes. 

She was nice, pretty and looked kind of cute. I get it why my brother liked her. I liked her too. She seemed okay and when my brother returned, she acted like she knew manners. I nodded to myself, definitely need a background check on her. 

I find out her name was actually Park Rina a few days after and that she had a normal family. I searched her on every single social site that could exist and found her on me2day, facebook and twitter. Since her profile was public, I checked on her photos and nothing seems to be wrong. Just like that, I told my brother that I liked her and approved of her. He treated me ice cream the day I told him that. 

"Nii-san, karada ni kiwo tsukete, itsumo genki de ite kudasai. (Oppa, take care of yourself and I hope you're always happy.)" I said to him in Japanese so no one could understand us. He smiled and nodded. 

But I wasn't over with the background search. Being the caring sister I was, I deepened my research when she suddenly acted so strange. It seems that she thought no one would notice that she hit that glass of water intentionally but my eyes were observing her every movement. Creepy but that's just how I act.

This one surprised me more. About a month ahead after meeting her, on my way home from work, I saw her exit a coffee shop and decided to follow her. I was drinking bottled water when I saw it happen and I choked on my water when she actually did it. She kissed another man, in front of my eyes. 

I crumpled the water bottle in my hand and threw it towards her, literally. I splashed water on the boy and her, making her shriek. I marched towards the two, my arms crossed in front of me. I had a deadly stare on my face. "What's this? Little miss cheater?" I rolled my eyes at he as she stared at me, surprised. Just like that, my views in her changed.

"Min-Ah..." She walked towards me, cautiously. I stepped back, shaking my head. "I can explain..."

I marched up at the man and pointed hastily to Rina. "Did you know that she has a boyfriend?"

The man blinked. "No, not really. She has a boyfriend?"

"Yes she has." I answered. He seemed to be stating that he's innocent but I ain't sure. 

The man frowned. "Rina, we're through." He climbed up his convertible and started the car, driving away. 

Rina chased after him but stopped when he sped up so fast. "Wait!" She reached out and stared at nothing when the car turned. She laughed then, completely breaking her feminine image and faced me.

After a few seconds, she approached me. I stood emotionless. She lifted my chin up, threatening me. "You'll regret doing this. If you tell all this to your brother, I will ruin your relationship with Cho Kyuhyun and break your brothers' heart." She showed me a picture of me, wearing my school uniform and kissing another guy. I didn't budge though. I only kissed him because it was in the script of the school play. Yes, I did it for a stupid romance school play. 

I blinked and slapped her hand away. She scoffed, acting all high and mighty. "Think about it." She said and walked off. 

I didn't have a problem about that threat with Kyu. Since I can assure that he'll trust me and side with me whenever she shows him the picture. Or better yet, he might actually have seen that picture before. What troubles me is the fact that she'll break my brother's heart into tiny little pieces - and it was all because of me seeing her kiss another guy. 

I thought it was pretty stupid for a girl who doesn't have a huge social status like our family. I'm pretty positive that when she thretened me like that, she had no idea what I could do with or without my family. 

I went home, my eyes blank because I was thinking of a plan to bring her down without harming my brother. The sight of him crying in front of me and the members is just unacceptable. I'm afraid that he would actually get depressed and commit suicide. Judging from the way he looks at her, it's obvious that he loves her so much. 

When I reached home, only mother was present. The smell of dumplings entered my nose and since she was cooking, I headed up stairs and dressed up. I couldn't exactly stay still and to fill my satisfaction, I roamed around the second floor. I discovered rooms that I didn't know existed. There was this special room though, which I thought was another storage room. 

The room had this strange feeling to it. When I opened the door, stacks of books that looked like albums were by the corner, covered in layers of dust. Curious, I grabbed one and sat on the floor, scanning it. 

The moment I opened the hard bound cover, I was shocked to the bone. Pictures of me back when I was still in my old home. How did they get these? How in the world did they take these? 

I dropped the album and grabbed another one on the stack, blowing the dust off. This time, it was when I was a baby. On the very first page was a family picture with my biological parents, Sungmin oppa and Sungjin oppa. Underneath was a message, written in a neat script handwriting: "2.9.199X Sungmin's eighth birthday" it read. 

I flipped a page and I stopped to observe the photo. It was me, being snuggled by Ming oppa. He looked happy, young and carefree. I couldn't help but notice Sungjin oppa pouting behind us both. 

"He named you, you know." My mother went in the room, a soft look on her face. I immediately closed the album, surprised by her sudden presence. 

"He did?" I asked awkwardly, blinking. 

She nodded and walked over, sitting beside me. "Actually, your brothers loved you way too much. Much more than I loved you I believe."

"How so?" I had this uncomfortable feeling in me. 

"Sungmin and Sungjin were like your protectors. They would do anything for you. Everytime after they'd come home from school, they were the one who fed you, played with you and been there. You loved them back of course. Believe it or not, your first word wasn't 'dad' or 'mom' but it was 'oppa'." She paused and pasted a smile on her face. "When we handed you over to your aunt and uncle, they were devastated. They wouldn't eat for days and they said they would rather die than not see you. They cried everyday, thinking about you. We had to drug them to forget about you."

I jaw dropped. "You drugged them?"

She nodded once more. "We had no choice. They were getting depressed." She paused and continued. "Eventually they remembered and they went on a search to find you even if they both had tough schedules."

I shrugged but in the inside, I felt touched. 

The next morning, I decided to call over Sungmin oppa but he had schedules so it made me no choice but to come over where he was. In case you still haven't noticed, I made up my mind to just tell him. I don't want a witch to be part of this family. 

But exactly when I arrived, that Rina girl was standing in front of Kyu, holding her phone up to his face. He had his back to me so he couldn't see me but she gave a smirk to me and returned back to business.

"See? She's cheating on you. Isn't it obvious?" She said. The members saw me now and they looked at me with a shocked face, including my brother who had his hand on Rina's shoulders. "Being busy is her excuse. Don't you know she's been hanging out in clubs doing this kind of stuff?" She pointed at her phone.

I stood still, unable to move with my mouth open. I wanted to say something to protest and defend myself but I couldn't think up of anything. My mind was blank and was focused on listening. I was hoping that Kyu woud say something about it. Or bette yet, say that he saw the picture before. After all, that club thing is fake. I've never even been to a club. True Story. 

I can see that he was beginning to get furious. He clenched his fist and breathed out, shaking his head. 

Ming oppa looked at me, disbelief in his eyes as he shook his head at me. I felt like my heart sank and break into a thousand pieces. That was it wasn't it? Even my own brother didn't believe the pleading look I had in my eyes. I thought, as a sibling that I could send messages at his brain with just one look. I thought that we think alike. I thought that just by seeing that picture, he would defend me but instead, he took that girl's side. 

Even Kyu looked like he was furious over me, about kissing that boy. Maybe he really thought I was that kind of person - the kind of being in clubs, flirting, etc.

I clenched my fists and looked down, watching as my own tears fall down to the floor. 

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Donghae oppa march up to the girl and slap the phone away in her hands. He sent the phone flying to the wall, breaking it. 

Kyu laughed at the most unexpected time. The girl was silenced and she looked at him with shocked eyes. He laughed until he began to clutch his stomach and tears actually began to fall from his eyes. But when he saw me, he stopped laughing in an instant and regained his composure. He faced the girl and put on a completely serious look on his face. He looked as if he wanted to tear that girl apart, from limb to limb. "As much as I want to kill you for saying that about her, sorry but you might want to try harder if you want to destroy this relationship. That picture was taken a few years back when she was in a play in high school." He paused and continued. "Sungmin, you might want to discipline your girlfriend." 

"Who said she was my girlfriend?" I heard my brother say as he shook his head, a sad expression on his face. He looked hurt; broken might be the right term but he took a deep breath and kept it in. 

I stopped crying and turned to watch the scene in front of me. 

"Sungmin-ah..." Rina's eyes widened. "What are you saying?"

"Those who ruin my sister's pure image is never considered to be my friend. You can play and toy with me, but if you harm my family in your plans, don't expect me to just stand still." He said in a serious tone, moving over to stand beside Kyu. "I'm sorry but this relationship is over." He declared. 

Inside, I wasn't sure of what I felt. I don't know what happened after but I knew that my brother was the first one to comfort me. 

"I hate you." I declared, pounding my fist lightly on his chest. He let out a chuckle and my hair as he hugged me. "I actually thought that you two were siding with her!" 

They laughed lightly. I was glad now, and relieved. Glad that she was out of sight and I would never see her again, relieved to know that my brother looks okay. 

But when the night fell, by dinner, he started acting clumsily. When I heard some glass shatter downstairs, I jolted right up from my bed and ran downstairs to check if he was alright. 

Again, he looked hideous. He was stressed, dark circles were obvious under his eyes and he looked completely broken. He leaned on the counter for a moment and picked up the pieces of glass one by one, dumping it on a plastic bag. 

Sungjin oppa followed after me. He popped his head on the staircase above me and took a peek on what was happening. Then he sighed and went out of hiding, approaching my brother. After talks I couldn't hear, Ming oppa couldn't take it anymore and broke into tears on Sungjin oppa's chest. 

I blinked and had the urge to run and hug the two, and I did. I wrapped my arms around them and smiled. "Sibling hug!" I chanted as the two released chuckles.


BAAAAAAM! 

Chapter done 8D

Anyway, next up is Min-Young and Hyukkie's version. 

=.="