Special Chapter: Kyuhyun's Birthday Special

Our Life Story

Kyuhyun's POV

Min-Ah needed to go to Taiwan with my father for the opening of the school.

Min-Young had work.

Sungmin hyung had some DJ'ing and filming to do.

Teukie hyung had some MC'ing.

Siwonnie hyung had some shooting in Spain.

Hyukkie hyung had a musical.

Shindongie has a girl friend to take out.

Donghae hyung had some recording with Wookie, Yesung hyung, Kangin hyung and Heenim hyung.

The others just had something important to do.

As a present, manager hyung gave me a day off. But what's the point when I'm alone in the house with nothing to do on my own birthday?

I did what I had to do. I thanked my fans in twitter for greeting me, I called Min-Ah who was currently with my father in Taiwan which was really expensive, I replied to every single text I recieved for greeting me and I also drinked wine and ate the seaweed soup. 

This birthday . 

I was on the bed, wearing a pair of shorts and a plain black shirt. 

I really wanted to go to that Sung Si Kyung concert but tickets were already sold-out. Maybe I should ask my fans if they have some and I could seduce them to give it to me? Nah. I'm not that evil.

I groaned, hearing my phone vibrate. I blinked at the caller ID. Well this was unexpected. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Yah! How long do you intend to keep me ringing the door bell before opening the door?!" Min-Ah's voice shouted. 

I tilted my head. "What do you mean? Aren't you in Taiwan with my dad?"

"Yeah I am." She chuckled. "But seriously, haven't you considered opening the door?" 

"Why would I?" I asked, confused. 

"Just do it." I heard her sigh and she hung up on me. I stared at the phone and finally decided to go down and open the door. I was surprised when I opened it. A lone package was lying on the floor, addressed to me. I looked outside. Nobody was there. I picked it up and closed the door behind me. It seemed light. 

I opened it and inside, there was a lone paper sitting in the middle with a bottled water on top of it. It was addressed to me, again. Is somebody toying with me that they had to put such a thing inside a huge box?

I rolled my eyes and opened the letter. Must be from one of the fans. 

"Cho Kyuhyun-ah, remember when I first stepped foot on this dorm, it wasn't where I first met you? Remember that time when you bumped into me on that business party? Remember the time when Min-Young took a picture of us in that room under the covers?”

The note ended and I raised a brow. What’s that supposed to mean? What’s this bottle of water supposed to signify?

I took the bottle of water in my hands and read the label. Spring Clean, it read.

Then a bell rang inside my brain. Wasn’t this the brand of water that she took a few years back? The brand that the company offered on the buffet table. Is she going to take me down to memory lane?

Then it shook me. …picture of us in that room under the covers. Doesn’t it make sense?

I ran upstairs to my room and flipped the covers off my bed. There in the middle, was a small beautifully wrapped box. I took it and as expected, there was a note waiting for me inside.

“Remember what happened on this bed a few years back? Now, it’s time for you to go on a trip to memory lane. Let’s see if you can still remember where you first heard me sing.”

Easy. I first heard her sing on the recording studio upstairs. And with that, I walked over there. As I opened the door, something was slid underneath it. It was a piece of paper.

“How about where I first comforted you from your heartbreak from her?"

The garden by the pool.

"Where you first gave me Minhyun?"

I ran to Kangin hyung's room - her former room.

"Congrats, birthday boy. You made it this far! It's the last question on the list. Where was it exactly where we first met?"

It was a few years back, on Nanta - Han River's open concert grounds. There was a business party back then and we were invited to perform. I bumped into her and then, here we are. It was also where Sung Si Kyung's concert was going to be held.

I hesitated but knowing her, she was full of surprises. I didn't know if I was excited or scared. Since there was no name written on the paper indicating on who sent and wrote these notes, it maybe a fan. And since in my knowledge, she was in Taiwan right now. But who else knows where we first met?

Shrugging, I dressed up in a pair of jeans, sneakers and just covered my black shirt with a hoodie. I grabbed my keys and drove to Han River. When I arrived, people were crowding around the entrance and I blinked in confusion. She expects me to find a box about the size of my fist in this crowd? 

I grabbed my shades, a beanie and put it on before going out of the car. When I went out, I tried not to make it obvious that I was hiding my face. It seemed it work though since people were just passing by me like I'm a normal person. 

But wait...

I stopped on my tracks, just in front of the entrance.

How am I supposed to go in the building without a ticket?

I scratched my head, frustrated. I just stood there, unable to do anything. People kept on passing in front of me like nothing and in the crowd, there was this girl who seem to stand out. She was tall but not taller than me. She was wearing all-black and finally, there was this sapphire blue necklace that hung from her neck which made me realize who it was.

I blinked and my eyes widened. I leaned forward a bit to take a closer view to finalize and it was really her. 

With a kiss on the cheeks, Min-Ah hugged me, chuckling. "Happy birthday, old man!" 

"Wow." I rolled my eyes with a huge goofy and stupid smile on my face. "What a nice way to greet a person." I said sarcastically, scoffing.

She stuck her tongue out. "I know right?"

"I thought you were in Taiwan?"

"You want me to go back? Sure, I can contact the airport and tell them to book me - " I shut her up and pulled her closer to me by the waist. Her eyes widened and she blinked, looking up at me.

"...I didn't mean it that way." I pointed out, pouting.

She chuckled. "While we're here..." She felt her pockets and took out something. "I figured you might thought that you wasted gas just to pick me up."

"So wait, you called me when you were in Korea? You made me open the door and read all those notes that you gave me so that I could figure out where you were? In short, you made me do all those things just to tell me that you needed someone to pick you up?" I jaw dropped as she smiled foolishly.

"Yeah, kind of." She said. But soon, she held two pieces of papers up to my face. "But there's also this." 

I read the contents and my eyes widened. 

ASDFJKL. VIP TICKETS. OMFG. 

I felt like a fan girl. It was stupid but I was just so shocked, surprised, happy... or rather almost every positive emotion out there, I felt. 

She motioned her head to the entrance. "There's also a meet and greet pass." Grabbing my hand, she dragged ShockedKyu to the entrance.

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Min-Ah's POV

"Enjoyed it?" I laughed, holding hands with him as we walked towards the front door. Six thirty in the evening on the clock.

"Thanks." I heard him mumble with a smile on his face. So far, he hugged his signed Sung Si Kyung shirt with his other hand like a teddy bear. Believe it or not, he bought all of the merchandise that was on the fan shop. Tch. This crazed fan boy. "It was really hard to get tickets since it was the very last concert before he retires. How'd you get tickets?"

"I have my sources." I shrugged. I had Henry squeeze in the online ticket shop. The minute they started selling, both of us were on the computer, waiting for the clock to strike at the start of the hour. When it did, Henry started clicking like crazy and actually bought ten VIP tickets instead of two. Since we bought ten and we were one of the first five to buy tickets, the company contacted us and luckily, we won VIP passes. I only took two and he sold the other six with high profits. He pocketed the money and bought another ticket for Ne-Yo's concert back in the states. 

I stood in front the door, not opening it. "Can you open it, please?" I smiled at him as he sighed and handed me his signed shirt, eventually opening the door.

I smirked when I saw a cake and numerous cream pies fly toward his face. I exploded in laughter, hearing the others' greetings. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYU!" "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKNAE!" "HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD GUY!" 

He wiped the icing off his face and rubbed it on Henry and Ming oppa's faces. "You didn't even let me prepare, idiots!" He complained, an evil glint in his eyes as he started throwing random things to them.


Pfft. Sorry for actually saying it to be two days. I realized that his birthday was like two days away and I decided to just upload it on his birthday. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYUHYUN!

>.<

Next up: Girlfriend(Min-Ah & Sungmin ver.)