Tic Toc

Our Life Story

Min-Ah's POV

I ran downstairs, surprised and shocked to see Taemin dripping wet on the doorway. Feeling obligated to help, I ran to the downstairs bathroom, grabbed a towel, the medicine and a glass of water. I tossed the towel to Min-Young as she nodded in thanks.

"Thanks." She said.

I nodded, grabbing a towelette and a small basin of warm water. "If you need me, I'll be nursing someone upstairs." 

I ran back to his room. He was shivering and the cold weather just made his condition worse. I grabbed the remote of the heater and turned it on, even though for me it was quite hot already. 

"Sit up, just a sec." I requested as he did quietly and emotionlessly.

I took care of him just like that - like the wy he cared for me on  the beach back then. It seemed like Deja Vu though.

I stood up, about to get something but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back with his burning hands. "S-stay." I blinked and sat on the bed, watching him breath deeply.

"I'm leaving for my family and my future. I want to show your fans that Lee Min-Ah is indeed worthy to be yours. If I can prove that, they'll learn to accept me." I suddenly said. He didn't reply. "I'll come back with great results. I promise that."

"Sing for me please?" He poked my hands.

I shook my head. "Fine. Because you're sick."

"Then I don't want to get better then..."

I slapped his hand slightly and frowned at him. He grinned sheepishly as I took a deep breath. 

Sung Si Kyung - The Road to Me

He sang along though, knowing that it was one of his favorite songs. When the song ended with a chuckle, he looked at me. "I thought I was the only one who's going to sing." I pointed out as he laughed.

"Nobody sings those songs better than I do."

"Whatever you say..."

Min-Young's POV

"Wae?" He whined as he dried himself up with a towel. 

"Taeminnie, it's college. I have to do my best or I'll fail in life." I sighed, standing up from my seat. "Wait here. I'll grab a fresh batch of clothes first." 

I walked away, running after a few seconds. I went straight into Kyuppa's room since he was the only one who I guess was here. "Hey, dude, can I borrow some - oh, sorry." Min-Ah shushed me, lifting her head up from playing Starcraft while Kyu was sleeping.

She stood up and went to Kyuppa's closet. After a few seconds, she got out, carrying a fresh set of clothes. "Here." 

I took the clothes and nodded, running downstairs to catch him sneezing. "Here, change up before you catch a cold."

"Thanks." He took the clothes and ran straight to the bathroom. He went out just after three minutes. Again, he sat beside me on the couch.

"Who gave you the idea to run in the rain like that?" I narrowed my eyes, looking at him suspiciously.

"We were on the way back to the dorms when you called. When I heard that you were studying abroad, we were in the middle of traffic. It was at a fairly close distance. It wasn't raining back then so I decided to run and confirm it personally. In the middle of running, it started to rain. And here I am sitting on a couch talking to you." He answered, shaking his head. "Seriously though? You're leaving me?" He pouted.

"I'm leaving you for my future. Besides, you visit the states every once in a while so if SMent decides to hold a SHINee or better yet an SM Town concert, I'll bring Min-Ah along and order some V.I.P tickets just to meet you people." I pointed out. "We'll be like fangirls again."

"Ha. SHINee already knows their two biggest fans." He bragged, scoffing. "But since you insist, fine. I'll let you go."

"Yes! Thank you, daddy!" I joked as he frowned.

"Promise me you'll be successful." He held out his pinky as I shook my head, chuckling.

"Promise." I intertwined my pinky with his. 

In a span of a month, Taemin took me out on dates whenever he could. Even if he had just thirty-minutes of free time, he would call to entertain me and keep me company. As for the confirmation letter that our parents sent, it turns out that it was one of the most popular art schools that was offering us a scholarship. Yesterday, we recieved the plane tickets and we knew by this, that we had to make the rest of the two weeks filled with memories.

Min-Ah's mom said that she'll be opening up a cafe named KonaBeans together with Kyuppa's mom and Teukie oppa's mom. By this, Min-Ah felt happy that her mom finally had something to do. Meanwhile the MinHyun couple continued to be strong and witty as always.

Super Junior oppa's took us out together and sometimes they even invited Heenim oppa over. He came though which made us surprised and happy at the same time. 

He held me tight that day; that day when Min-Ah and I were leaving. "I'll miss you." He said and placed his head on top of mine. 

I blinked and buried my face deeper on his chest. Super Junior oppa's already bid their goodbyes and left as soon as they did. My family was at the car possibly. They already said their goodbye's anyway. U-KISS visited earlier this morning to give us presents and bid their goodbye's also. "You too. Don't worry, I'll get you Emma Watson's signature."

"Min-Young~" Min-Ah called out, waving the tickets in the air, signaling me to hurry. 

"I'll e-mail you as soon as we get there and find wi-fi." I broke off, looking down. I walked off, shrugging as I sighed.

"Wait!" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. Turning me around, my eyes widened and my face was full of shock at what he did next.

Giving me a quick peck on the lips, he grinned sheepishly and innocently pushed me along a bit. "Annyeong~" He waved.

I blinked. What the hell just...?

Min-Ah's POV

The both of us sat inside the plane, waiting for it to land. After more than ten hours of flight, the plane landed in Los Angeles. Just like that, we were picked up in the airport by some of the officers in the Student Council Board. They were really nice though. We learned a lot about the school through them but I think it's better to see for ourselves.

"Welcome to SM Academy!" For a minute there, when they shouted that, I instantly felt nostalgic. After all, SM Academy does exist in Korea. It was where SM Trainees trained to become top-notch stars.

Min-Young shrugged beside me. "That sounded like SM Entertainment..." She murmured.

Mr. Secretary heard this and chuckled. "Of course it does. St. Mary's is sponsored by SM Entertainment Korea after all." 

My jaw dropped. "What?!" They led us inside. At the beginning of the hallway, it was like walking through a SMent museum or something. Pictures of SM Town artists were hanging up the walls. Not only SM Town artists though, but also some succesful students who graduated here I suppose.

"Ah! Super Junior!" Min-Young pointed at the picture. It was the official poster for their fifth album. I grabbed my phone and snapped a photo of it. I wonder if they know whose siblings we are though...

"Oh, you know them too?!" Ms. Treasurer's eyes widened. Sorry for calling them Miss and Mister but I really don't know their names. =.="

"'Course we do. They're great!" Min-Young grinned. If Hyukjae oppa heard Min-Young saying that, he would probably be crying because of happiness.    

"Kim Young-min is one of the school officials here. I think you know him, right?" One of the officers said. 

I nodded. That explains why we got scholarships. Either way, we won't accept special treatment. 

"So which department are you two?" Mr. Secretary asked. 

"Music Department." I answered simply with a grin.

"Fashion department." Min-Young raised her hands-up. 

We stopped in front of a door. "Since your parents' requested it, here. You're both room mates.

"If you need us, call us, okay? We'll leave you guys some time to unpack." One of them said. "We'll just be preparing for auditions."

"Sure." The both of us nodded.

Feeling frustrated and fooled at, Min-Young and I took out our laptops and began e-mailing Kim Young-min appa. I didn't expect that giving us scholarships would be a part of their plan to sign us both under SMent. I thought that was long over.

After that, I logged in to my twitter and uploaded the photo I took earlier. I was surprised when all of a sudden, the purple egg suddenly popped out. Thus, a conversation started.

leeminah: This is SUPER JUNIOR's portrait in S.M Academy in the US. SM Ent is a sponsor in this academy =.="

GaemGyu: @leeminah Inna misses us already! aww ♥ Oppa misses you too!

leeminah: @GaemGyu K. Keke~ just kidding ^^ 

donghae861015: @GaemGyu @leeminah Wuai u guyz chatting w/o me?!

GaemGyu: @donghae861015 hyung, go back to your sched. asap.

leeminah: @GaemGyu don't shoo him away, pabo. @donghae861015 oppa~ hai! wuai u typing like that?

donghae861015: @GaemGyu HA! She called you pabo! @leeminah cuz I am bored. 

leeminah: @donghae861015 @GaemGyu send my greetings to the rest of the oppas! need to unpack. 

GaemGyu: @leeminah aw, the slow net attacked me. mail me the next time you're free. Let's play StarCraft again ;D Bai~

donghae861015: @leeminah will do ^^ good luck over there~

"SHINee said hi." Min-Young passed on as she typed with a grin on her face. 

"They replied already?" My eyes widened. "Wow, they're fast."

"You know... Minho oppa told us to upload videos on YouTube whenever we can." And that statement was the start of our journey.

Min-Young would upload the performances I had in school. She would record the contests I joined in whether it was pop or classical. Practical tests were also uploaded by her so our families can see it. Whether it was sung in english or korean, she would upload. I remember the first time she did that. We let it stay there for overnight and when we woke up, almost three-thousand saw the video. 

I did the same for Min-Young. In this case, I would tweet her works to Hae oppa. Whenever a school fashion show was going to happen, I would upload the video on YouTube. Sometimes, I wear what she created. It wasn't long enough that she began a business. She began exporting her designs to different shops around Los Angeles and make a profit out of it.

Being a Super Sister wasn't nothing. When Hae oppa tweeted one of my performances - which was really embarrasing - the views rose up from a thousand to three hundred thousand. Just like that, they said I became a YouTube sensation because of my covers of various English songs. 

Min-Young got invited to various fashion shows in where she would get a chance to get her designs modeled. Famous fashion designers like Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, John Galliano and Stella McCartney were present in that event. 

In our last year, I starred in three CF's while wearing Min-Young's designs. When Min-Young was offered a magazine page for her designs to be featured in, she accepted the offer and used me as a model. Believe it or not, our names became famous around Los Angeles. 

On our graduation, my family was there - including Ming oppa. Though before going back to Korea, we had to wait a week before going back so my family went on ahead of me. That week passed on pretty fast though. 

"Hurry!" I called over to her. The plane was about to leave and Min-Young was still on the verge of buying food. 

"Sorry." She ran, wearing her self-designed clothes. 

"Nobody knows that we're going back today, by the way." I pointed out, fixing my hair. 

She looked at me weirdly. "Seriously?"

"Yup. We were supposed to be going back the day after tomorrow remember?

"Going back to Seoul and I have a fashion show to attend straight away. God. I wish you could come.

"We'll step foot in Korea by five in the afternoon so yeah, you pretty much have to attend that fashion show or the event organizers' gonna kill you." I shrugged in my seat. Min-Young's been getting frequent invites to showcase her designs. This time in Seoul for the first time ever outside Los Angeles and New York. 

For the rest of the plane ride, we slept since we barely had enough sleep because YouTube artists went and performed for a charity concert that we were included in. Right after the concert, we packed up and we went straight to the airport. And here we are now =.="

When the plane landed, I turned off my iPod and removed it, hearing the warm greetings of the Pilot. "We have successfully landed. Welcome to South Korea!" The Pilot shouted cheerfully in both Korean and English. 

"Min-Young!" I shook her sleeping figure. She slowly opened her eyes and immediately shot up. "We're here!

She got up and went outside the plane with me following behind. Even Incheon's airport changed so much over the past four years. 

I gulped, taking my first step on the grounds of Korea after four years. Min-Young, again, felt hungry and bought something to eat. For the moment, we went got our luggage and went to the foreign exchange for our money to be at least changed into won. I called our phone service provider and told them to activate our phones again so we could use it. 

"A lot has changed hasn't it?" Min-Young laughed beside me as she put on her Ray Ban shades. Designers and their designer stuff. Pffft. 

I nodded, looking around the place. "Yup. Look, Super Junior. They haven't changed much have they? Kangin oppa and Heechul oppa are already done with the army." I pointed at the sudden advertisement on the LED TV.

"Nope. They look the friggin same. And look at us. You've grown out your hair until the middle of your back and I got my side-bangs back. We've both gotten taller too. Being twenty-two bad." She complained, sighing. She called a cab and watched it stop in front of us. 

"Well, I gotta go. I'll see you back in Lotte World later with the other guys. Ryan(Ryan Higa/nigahiga)'s been bugging me about buying him Kimchi." She got into the cab with her luggage and waved. "Seeya~!"

I waved back and watched the cab drive away before stopping to find my own. I got in the cab, my huge luggage on the trunk. "To KonaBeans please, ahjussi." 

After thirty minutes, we reached our destination. And now, here I am standing in front of the shop, spazzing at it. Taking a deep breath, I put on my hat and walked in casually. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to KonaBeans!" One waitress greeted. I nodded and looked around for a bit. Mom and the others were no where to be seen. Even Ah Ra unnie wasn't here and it was reported that she was working hard so much.

I raised my brows and walked to the cashier to order what I wanted. "One latte please." I said with a smile. In a matter of minutes they handed me a latte and I paid for it. I walked to one of the vacant chairs, taking out my guitar after taking a sip of the latte. 

While hopefully waiting for at least one of them to show up, I played a random English song and sang inside the shop. 

I took a deep breath and looked down on my guitar, plucking the right strings. I closed my eyes, gulping before starting.

 

Christina Perri - A thousand years

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I’m afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

 

I opened my eyes to see something unexpected. People were starting to crowd in front of me as I strummed the chords before going into the second verse. I smiled, hearing them say: "Ah, it's Min-Ah. You know? The one in YouTube?" 

 

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What’s standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

All along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

 

 

I closed my eyes again. 

 

One step closer
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

I smiled, ending the song with a single strum and once again opening my eyes. People clapped and I bowed before returning my guitar. 

" I wonder if she can only speak English though..." One of them said as I looked up.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Lee MIn-Ah imnida. We're going to have a concert later by eight in the evening at Han River with Ryan Higa, Smosh and the other famous YouTube stars. We hope you can come because all the collected funds will be donated to charity." I chuckled standing up and drinking the rest of my latte. 

I bowed down in respect and went to the cashier. "Excuse me, may I ask for a favor?" I smiled at the person in front of me. "When your manager comes home tell her that Lee Min-Ah and Lee Min-Young are back from Los Angeles." She nodded and I grabbed my things and went out.  It's really hard to walk around reminiscing about your past when you have all of your airport luggage with you =.="

While inside a cab going to SMent, I played with the necklace that Ming oppa bought for me. Ahh I miss my teddy-bear brother so much...

I walked inside the building after showing my I.D to SM Academy. For the mean time, I left my luggage in the baggage counter. I walked towards the customer service and asked for someone important. "Is Super Junior present for the moment?" I asked as her head snapped up from my voice.

"They're in their practice room." With a nod, I ran towards the elevator, off to their practice room. About five meters away from their practice room, you could hear the sounds of... wait... curses?

Brows raised, I took a peek, adjusting my hat. "Damn it." 

Shaking my head, I chuckled at my brother who was into gaming right now. "Hey, bro!" I shouted over to him. 

"Yeah?" He answered. I was taken aback at that moment right there. Did he not know it was me? 

'Have fun gaming!" With a frown and a weird face, I walked back to wherever I wanted to go. 

I shrugged, hearing my phone ring. "Where are you?" The other line asked in a deep voice. I couldn't recognize him but yes his voice is familiar. 

"Who's this?" I raised my brows.

After that, a single arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back, giving me a back hug. My hat fell off and I looked up to see who it was. But I regretted looking up though. The second I saw his face, tears started to form in my eyes and I immediately turned around to hug him. 

"I missed you too..." He chuckled, twirling me around like a little girl. "...Inna."

Min-Young's POV

"Where're my models?!" I interrogated the event manager. "I thought I made it clear that my models shoud be on time?" 

I sighed. One thing I hate happening the most is my supposed to be models getting late. Just think about it! It takes time to put on make-up and make sure you put your clothes on right. This is why I invited Min-Ah to come along. But unfortunately, she has a concert to practice on later. "They're here!" The manager shouted over to me. 

"Stylists!" I shouted as two or three came over. 

"Sorry, we're late ma'am." The models bowed down as I ignored them. I ordered the stylists to work on them as fast as they could. After a while, they were done and the music started playing. The first set of models modeled along the stage professionally. Here, I stood by the backstage, watching the models go in after catwalking. 

I bit my lip, feeling quite nervous even though I'm standing in the backstage. I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground, watching as the first set of models walked towards the backstage. 

I observed the models. Not bad. They're tall. A lot taller than me. But that isn't it. Of course models are tall.

The cloth designs were actually... awesome. 

While wandering off to my own world, one designer shouted. "Lee Taemin from SHINee has arrived. Please do not keep a celebrity model waiting!"

My eyes widened and I stood frozen on my spot. I couldn't move an inch nor my body would react and glance around to look for him. 

"Somebody?! God, someone work on him!" The event manager shouted, getting frustrated. 

"No, it's okay. I can wait." His deep voice echoed in my ears. It was him. It is him.

I turned around, spotting him by the side, his back facing me. "T-Taeminnie!" I called. He looked around, but not completely. He ruffled his hair and shrugged, thinking it was just someone else.

"Taemin!" I shouted again. He ignored it this time or maybe it was just the noise coming from the music that made him impossible to hear.

I whined and collected my courage before taking one last deep breath. "Lee Taemin, pabo!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, regardless of people around me.

He turned around. "Did somebody - " He was cut off when his gaze met mine. 

I panted a bit and grinned, running towards him. I backhugged him, panting as I did. "I... have been calling for you..." I said in between pants.

He frowned. "Why the heck did anyone not tell me that you were coming home today!?" He unwrapped my arms around him and bear-hugged me.

"Yeah, I missed you too bestfriend." I laughed, burying my face deep in his chest.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE~ 

I find it weird updating on Christmas day but what the heck xDD I'm tired. Be glad that I'm still updating >:D jk.

Since Minhyun is... dozing off... I'm going to do the closing remarks... wait there're things like that here? o.O

I'm going to see you guys... uhh... the day before new year? xDD I have a couple of K-POP conventions to attend sooo... yeah. 

Next Chapter:

A LOT OF JEALOUSY. SRSLY. YOU'LL SUFFER FROM IT. 

OH AND ONE MORE THING: SPECIAL APPEARANCE FROM RYAN HIGA/NIGAHIGA AND YOUR FAVORITE YOUTUBE ARTISTS ♥ IF YOU DON'T KNOW HIM, GO SEARCH HIM ON YOUTUBE :D

♥'s Min-Ah