Chapter 13

Treat My Heart Right

Hello, I'm back! Hehe ^^" I'm sorry for bothering you with this author's note, but I just wanted to say thank you to those who subscribed along the way (and still stick with me up until here) and for the comments! It means a lot to me. To those who unsubscribed, I'm sorry that my story doesn't amuse you anymore (not that you guys can see this anyway...) I'll take what I can get, yeah? I hope that all of you will stay until the end and like how the story will go. Please don't leave! Even though sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall, I know all of my readers are there, reading silently hehe. I just want to tell you, thank you! Sorry if you're tired of hearing the word 'thank you' but I really appreciate all of you a lot. Again... thank you and do leave comments ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a moment of silence as the question hangs in the air. Their mom butts in, saying, "Soojin, it's not polite to ask such questions."

"But that's what Yongguk oppa said!" Soojin, the one with ponytail exclaims. 

"True! He said his girlfriend is going to stay with us," Soomin, the one with shoulder-length hair agrees. 

Yongguk's eyes go wide and his cheeks turn red. He scratches his nose and massage his temples. Jiyoon giggles seeing their cute actions. She tries to search his eyes but he pretends to look at the floor. Their mom hides a smile and says, "Both of you probably heard it wrong, he probably meant to say his friend who is a girl." Yongguk lets out a sigh of relief as his mom saves the day. 

"I'm pretty sure-"

"-that both of you have a lot of homework so you can go up now. We can have tea together later," he continues the sentence for Soojin. He looks at his mom with pleading eyes, begging her to send them away. With the both of them, you won't know whatever secrets will be spilled since they don't know when to stop. 

"What your brother said is true, you need to finish your work. Go upstairs and then we can have tea later, okay?" she ushers them up the stairs. 

Jiyoon hears them whine when they reach upstairs, and can't help but grin. "They're so cute," she comments. "How old are they?"

Yongguk who's still ashamed because of what Soojin said, doesn't answer. Instead, his mom helps to answer, "They're 9 years old, Soomin's the older one." Jiyoon acknowledges by nodding. 

"Let's sit at the living room and we can talk about everything," Mrs. Bang suggests. "I'll get some refreshments, poor Jiyoon and Yongguk must be thirsty." She disappears into what Jiyoon guessed as the kitchen; the house is too big and she can't even properly assume. Yongguk guides her to the living room, and both of them sit across each other on the couch. There's an aquarium, with a few fish swimming around in it. A soft carpet covers the whole length of the living room, and a low table is in the center. A glass of poutpourri is the only decoration on the table, but it still looks exclusive.

Mrs. Bang comes in with a tray of refreshments, and places it on the table. She sits beside Jiyoon, and squeezes the young lady's hand. "I'm glad you're going to stay here, I really need someone to spend my time with. Soojin and Soomin are always together, and it's hard to break them apart," she laughs. "Plus, this son of mine is rarely at home since he has his own house and is always so busy with work." 

"Mom, you know there's nothing I can do," Yongguk interrupts.

"I know, son. That's why I'm so happy I'm going to have a beautiful young lady as my company."

"Mrs. Bang, you're complimenting me too much. I'm just an average woman," Jiyoon says, feeling shy. She's not used to hearing compliments being thrown at her. She's used to people bad-mouthing her, but not this. Thus, she feels embarrassed when Mrs. Bang praises her too much. 

His mom just smiles and motions to the glasses of cold juice on the tray, "Both of you must be really thirsty. After this, I can show you your room and you can settle in."

...

"You wouldn't even answer my call, but then you asked to meet me, you ungrateful little brat," the man utters, while setting down the cup of tea on the saucer. There's a silver skull ring on his ring finger. He's wearing a black tuxedo, and his hair is styled so that it'd look like what a billionaire's hair is supposed to look like. Whereas the young man in front of him is only wearing a sweatshirt paired with skinny jeans and a snapback. The older man his ring and looks up to the young man. "You don't even dress appropriately, where's your pride?"

They're in a cafe, and there are a lot of people having tea. A few are reading books, others are at their laptop, while others are talking with their friends or families. The weather is supposed to be great to get together with families or friends, but for the young man and the older man in front of him, there is only a sense of hatred hovering in the air. 

The young man keeps a straight face and glares at the older man in front of him. "What pride? I don't have any pride left," he snaps. 

"Tsk, tsk Daehyun, is that how you're supposed to talk to your hyung?" the older man shoots back. 

"Fine, Jiwook hyung," Daehyun snarls.

"Ahhh, that's better. Now what is that you want to meet me so badly?"

"If I could, I don't want to see your face ever again, but I asked to meet you because I want to clear some things up with you."

"And they are...?"

"I informed you that Sooyoung passed away a few weeks ago, but you dismissed me by saying you're too busy. I know you hate me but do you really have to go to that extent? Is it too much to ask you to pay your respects?"

Jiwook smirks. "I was really busy at that time, so you can't really blame me that I didn't have time to go there."

"What about mom and dad? What about Hyunshik hyung? Were the three of them busy too?"

"All of us are always busy running the company, Daehyun... Well, except for you because you never know anything related to the company. Dad did the right thing by forbidding you from having any shares in the company," he snarls. 

"That is not the point; how dare you change the subject! She's my girlfriend and you know how much she means to me," he raises his voice and a few customers turn to look their way.

Jiwook, who notices this, orders him to lower his voice. "Don't talk like that towards your hyung. Lower down your voice, people are watching." He continues, "Daehyun, you know mom and dad never approved of your relationship with that girl, so why bother?"

"Why are all of you so heartless? Get back to your senses, hyung!"

"When you're doing business you have to be heartless. Don't you ever learn anything, Daehyun? When will you ever understand?"

The young man throws his hands up in frustration. "Why can't you separate business and personal life?"

"There is no such thing as personal life."

"Hyung-"

"If there's nothing important you want to discuss with me then I'll get going," he starts to get up. 

"Sooyoung donated her heart to another woman," Daehyun is defeated, and he just lets the words slip out of his mouth. Jiwook cancels his intention to get up, sinks back into his chair and looks at his younger brother. He picks up the cup of tea and finishes it. 

"So? What do you want me to do? Let it go, Daehyun. She's gone," he sneers. 

Daehyun can feel that he's on the verge of tears, and his brother's heartless attitude is not helping at all. "Her heart..."

"You fell in love with the woman who received the heart, didn't you?"

"I... How did you know?"

Jiwook lets out a sigh. "You're so predictable, Daehyun. That's why you can't be in the company business because people are going to know your next move. That's dangerous," he comments. 

"Can you stop relating everything to business?"

"Based on your attitude today -you're usually so cool and composed- I can guess that there's another man in the woman's life," he finishes off. 

The young man nods weakly, and Jiwook smirks. "So just forget about her."

"I can't! I can't stop thinking about her from the moment I saw her."

"You're really hopeless. Let me just give you advice; in business, when you want something, you just go for it. What I'm saying is, if you really want that girl, don't care about other people. Make her yours no matter what it takes."